Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ROUSING NOTES  (Read 81820 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE ROUSING NOTES
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2005, 01:22:31 PM »

I noticed that nip/tuck is having its season premiere tonight, too. A 90 minute show, I think. I don't watch it, but seems like DR Jennifer and maybe a couple of others do watch it, so here's a reminder.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2005, 01:25:40 PM »

I've always wanted a set of that cologne that comes in the male and female torso shaped bottles.  I can't remember the name at the mo'.

At The Mo' would probably be the name of my personal scent.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2005, 01:26:43 PM »

Page 5 Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2005, 01:27:59 PM »

At The Mo' would probably be the name of my personal scent.

"On the 'Mo" would probably be mine!  ;D

Jason

« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2005, 01:41:28 PM »

I have very fond memories of someone who used to wear Drakkar Noir. I still get butterflies in my stomach when I smell it.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2005, 02:04:41 PM »

I think we all had English Leather, DR Matt.  The perfect gift from sisters at Christmas or birthdays when they don't know what the heck to give you.

How many of us guys had a bottle of Paco Rabanne or Drakkor Noir?  Hands up!

I never had any of these...and I hate very strongly dislike English Leather.  My dad had it for a while and this one guy here where I work, but (in my best Lena Lamont voice) I just can't stand it.  Nothing personal, if you do, though! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2005, 02:17:12 PM »

Well, even very expensive cologne can gag me if someone bathes in it. I like to smell just a very light touch of it. Most of the guys I know who use cologne daily use too much of it.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2005, 02:40:35 PM »

BK, got my flyer for the next Ray Courts Show.  Michael York (who I know slightly); Mariette hartley; Sherman Hemsley; Bobby "Boris" Pickett; Cubby of the Mouseketeers; Carla Laemmle, 95, who was in The Chaney Phantom of the Opera and the Lugosi Dracula.  And an old attraction has come back...wild and funny Jeanne Carmen who would regale my pal Pat and me with tales of Marilyn and Bobby Kennedy and Bob Hope.

Matt H.

« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2005, 02:42:07 PM »

Off to clean the living room and read a bit before settling in for a marathon TV night.

WBBL

Michael

« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2005, 03:16:51 PM »

Ginny, Mint Theatre is an excellent company. I would recommend seeing the show. I haven't seen it yet. They focus on little known and forgotten work from the early part of the century.

Like 2000 and 2001 or would 2002 also be included? ;)
Never stop dreaming.

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2005, 03:23:17 PM »

I'm up, I'm up.

It is raining here in the City of Studio.  What happened to summer?  I would have posted an hour ago, but for the telephonic calls and that faboo font site where I got waylaid.

Funny, I was just asking where is fall? It's in the 90s here today....too hot!

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2005, 03:25:36 PM »

Ok, the body wash is White Tea and Ginger, but it has a flower on it. Don't know where I got Gardenia

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2005, 03:26:49 PM »

I think we all had English Leather, DR Matt.  The perfect gift from sisters at Christmas or birthdays when they don't know what the heck to give you.

How many of us guys had a bottle of Paco Rabanne or Drakkor Noir?  Hands up!

LOL when I was growing up I always gave my grandpa Aqua Velva and my dad English Leather!

Michael

« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2005, 03:29:11 PM »

Question for BK

The song from Together Again called When It Comes To Bed is credited to Dean and Donna and yet there is no Donna in the cast list. Can you explain?
Never stop dreaming.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2005, 03:32:51 PM »

DR Jason, I have a half used bottle of Fructis in my hallway closet.  I bought it primarily for the neat looking radio/flashlight that came free with purchase.

I used the shampoo and I have to admit that it did make my hair feel stronger and more managable (I have extremely fine hair.)  But in warmer weather, using the shampoo makes me feel like I have some kind of plastic coating on my head.  
This sounds like...DEVO!!!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2005, 03:35:14 PM »

Also at the Ray Courts show will be 2 (two) cast members of LIL ABNER and actress Zoe Rae whose movie career goes back to 1915!

I wish I could be attending this one also, as I am sure to come back with more potential interviews!

Jason

« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2005, 03:37:33 PM »

I'm home and I just installed my new RAM and WOW! is this computer humming now...I'm amazed at how much faster it's running!!

And now to check out my new game. :)

Jennifer

« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2005, 03:38:03 PM »

Thanks for the reminder re: Nip/Tuck. Yes I do watch it.  But I don't get F/X.  The premiere here is this coming friday.  Which i suppose is good since tonight I want to watch the finales of Big Brother and Rock Star INXS (go JD!).

Michael

« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2005, 03:38:55 PM »

I just read that they just found an unfilmed screenplay that was supposed to be a sequal of sorts to the film Casablanca. It actually was going to featured the Ingrid Berman characters. It turns out that she is a nazi spy. The title of the script was Ilsa The She Wolf of the SS.
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2005, 03:39:44 PM »

Ginny, Mint Theatre is an excellent company. I would recommend seeing the show. I haven't seen it yet. They focus on little known and forgotten work from the early part of the century. They are in a hole in the wall space on 43rd Street on the 5th floor of a non-theatre building, just west of 8th Avenue (across the street from a Ben and Jerry's, yummm!).

Thanks for the info, DR Ben.  I'm about to order a ticket for Oct. 4 on the premise that it's something I probably won't ever get the chance to see again.  Is that Ben and Jerry's right on the northeast corner of 43rd and 8th Ave?  If so, I've been there!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2005, 03:39:46 PM »

Well, I'm anxious for  BB6 tonight. I don't like either one, but am rooting for Ivette. It will be fun to see the other houseguests and what they have to say.

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2005, 03:41:33 PM »

BB6 - I think Maggie is expecting to win....I would love to see her hang dog face if she doesn't!  She will probably say she will never speak to anyone from her team who votes for Ivette!

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2005, 03:42:00 PM »

Jennifer, which one is JD? Is he the blonde?

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2005, 03:43:37 PM »

Jennifer, which one is JD? Is he the blonde?

Never mind, I just looked, I was thinking of Marty. I haven't watched this one too much, but may tune in for the finale. One of my secretaries is totally into it and I'm sure she'll want to discuss it tomorrow

Ginny

« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2005, 03:44:03 PM »

DR Jose - Is The Donut Plant on our Oct. 5 tour?  DH Richard and I watched a donut program on the Food Network last night and that was one of the places visited.

Speaking of the tour, I've just photocopied something from one of my professional journals and will be dropping it in the mail to you on my way home.  Not that you need any help planning the tour; I just thought you might find in interesting.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2005, 03:57:40 PM »

I just read that they just found an unfilmed screenplay that was supposed to be a sequal of sorts to the film Casablanca. It actually was going to featured the Ingrid Berman characters. It turns out that she is a nazi spy. The title of the script was Ilsa The She Wolf of the SS.

Michael, according to the IMDb, there is a 1975 movie by that name!  Here's the synopsis:

Ilsa is an evil Nazi warden at a death camp that conducts "medical experiments". Ilsa's goal is to prove that woman can withstand more pain and suffering than men and therefore should be allowed to fight on the front lines.

I couldn't find any reference to "Casablanca." ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2005, 04:14:23 PM »

Yikes! 97 degrees today, 96 tomorrow then a cold front....sounds like thunderboomer time tomorrow night

Tomovoz

« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2005, 04:23:30 PM »

Is that film a musical DR George?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: September 20, 2005, 04:45:57 PM »

Question for BK

The song from Together Again called When It Comes To Bed is credited to Dean and Donna and yet there is no Donna in the cast list. Can you explain?

Unfortunately, my designer made a boo boo on the cast list and left off Marsha Kramer's name as Jessie, and gave Jessie's name to Deborah Moradzadeh - her character was Donna.  It never even occured to me to proof the cast list since he took it right off the LP, where it was correct.  It will be fixed for the next printing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2005, 04:49:39 PM »

What a jam-packed day this has been.  I have not stopped since I woke up this morning.  Also, while the rain looked lovely, the temperature during the rain was actually in the mid-70s and very muggy.  Now the sun is out and it's 80 degrees out.

On the nauseating side: I saw Leonard Maltin today at a little used DVD/CD store in Burbank today.  What do you think Leonard Maltin was doing in said store?  Why, he was selling over 100 DVDs that he received as promo/review copies.  That is why stopped sending out review copies of CDs, unless I know for a fact that they will be reviewed.  I have only sent Kritzerland CDs to people who contacted me and asked for them, and the deal was that I get tearsheets on all reviews.  And I told them all that if CDs aren't reviewed, they stop getting them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up