Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: AKA  (Read 21731 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:AKA
« Reply #180 on: October 11, 2005, 03:18:36 PM »

Yes, whoever thinks of a recorder as a transposing instrument?  I had to do alto recorder in an early music group and it proved to me quite handily why piano is my instrument of choice.   ;)

I am being discussed on the Scientology usenet group (well, my Farmer article anyway).  It's so much fun--I dropped in and posted and they all scattered like flies.  Maybe Tommy C. and Katie H.  will show up here to debate the history of psychiatry with me.  ;)

Maybe they will even answer the question about who's the father!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #181 on: October 11, 2005, 03:28:17 PM »

Do pillows have fathers?   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #182 on: October 11, 2005, 03:43:11 PM »

Oh, I forgot to mention another delightful surprise on Wednesday, WFO.  Sorry Bill I’m just blurry-eyed & exhausted today.

I’m enjoying the photos.  You can tell we were having fun at Ollies.  I’m sure part of that big smile on my face was due to the fact I had tickets to Spamalot in my purse.

TPunk your avatar is very cute but doesn’t come close to doing you justice.  The photo of you and Tom Cilla took is beautiful.

Hisaka so glad you had a grand time in LA.  I’m enjoying your wonderful photos.  Next time you must try Du-Pars boysenberry syrup.  In my opinion, its the only way to eat them.

MBarnum

« Reply #183 on: October 11, 2005, 03:43:39 PM »

By the way Jose, when we were discussing Bollywood last week, and you were thinking you had seen a John Abraham movie...and it turned out to not be John Abraham...here is the guy you were watching

Himanshu Malik

This is John Abraham...

Jane

« Reply #184 on: October 11, 2005, 03:44:30 PM »

Cilla, Spike Jones was a cutie.

Gosh catching up is hard to do.  At this point I think I will just scan for photos.  I’m sorry I couldn’t get to the hotel computer to post once my friend arrived from Pennsylvania.

I have made it through the 8th and need a break.  I should take a walk and pick up the mail.  Getting away from the fresh paint and dry-wall odors might be good for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #185 on: October 11, 2005, 04:03:10 PM »

Yes DR MATTH - Stage Struck was a "remake" of Zoe Atkins Morning Glory - reworked for Susan Strasberg by Ruth & Augustus Goetz (who had written Diary of Anne Frank that starred said Suzy).  And no it doesn't work.

Glad to hear you were prepared at the post office, MR BK.  And I think the online post office & the word label printing programs would make your life much easier (one entry could trigger a label, an invoice if you want it, and keep inventory for you).
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #186 on: October 11, 2005, 04:18:30 PM »

Quote from Jose:

DR TCB - Was this past weekend your closing weekend?  Or is there one or two more to go?

Congrats on your continuing success.

Nope, we are only half-way thru the run, with another two weekends to go.  Still time for DR George to catch the show.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #187 on: October 11, 2005, 04:45:58 PM »

Back from Staples and a lot of Xeroxing.  

Question: What would cause the hot water in the home environment to suddenly become MUCH MUCH hotter in the last day or two?  In other words, I've been using the hot water here for over a year and it's always been the same, so I know exactly where to turn the various knobs.  Two days ago I did that and the water was scalding hot, which it's never been before.

Has the furnace man been to do the fall cleaning and maintenance?  He may have altered the thermostat, or the thermostat in your hot water heater or furnance may be on the fritz.

spoo... I see JMK already answere, and it seems we both ahve the same idea, so there you have it... a bicoastal thermostat diagnosis
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 05:02:10 PM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #188 on: October 11, 2005, 04:50:52 PM »

By the way Jose, when we were discussing Bollywood last week, and you were thinking you had seen a John Abraham movie...and it turned out to not be John Abraham...here is the guy you were watching

Himanshu Malik

This is John Abraham...

Ooohhhh...

Aaaaaahhhh....

*Actually, when I saw Himanshu Malik listed in the credits, I figured that that was the Indian version of "John Abraham".

;)

Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #189 on: October 11, 2005, 04:52:23 PM »

Oooh, a H/K commune--does that take me back to my days (and nights, LOL) in the Haight!!

Actually the new house we've got our eyes on (waaaay out in the country, oy) is perfect commune material.  It's round (no joke), on 10 acres, and has a barn--the perfect place for all you animals.   ;)

I'm off to pack, I'm quiet... you'll never know I'm there.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #190 on: October 11, 2005, 04:53:05 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from a nice walk around the 'hood.  I finally found the Chinese take out place that I've been hearing and reading about, as well as the African restaurant around the corner - sort of, it's a bug corner.  I shall add them to my list.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #191 on: October 11, 2005, 05:00:19 PM »

MBarnum... yes the Vixter was mighty suspicious of the marzipan and the havalah  and  the look on her face when she tried the space dust!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #192 on: October 11, 2005, 05:02:53 PM »

Hmmm....

Now I want some halvah!  with Pistachios!
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #193 on: October 11, 2005, 05:03:40 PM »

Quote from Jose:Nope, we are only half-way thru the run, with another two weekends to go.  Still time for DR George to catch the show.

But are there still tickets?  And what days and times are left for your performances??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #194 on: October 11, 2005, 05:07:01 PM »

Which reminds me, Mr. C. promised me that I could get my baster back before Thanksgiving.

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #195 on: October 11, 2005, 05:13:53 PM »

But are there still tickets?  And what days and times are left for your performances??

Yes, George, at last report there were still tickets available for all remaining performances.  Performances remaining are this Friday and Saturday and next Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m.; and this Saturday and Sunday and next Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.

Here is the web address:

http://www.tmp.org/

« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 05:14:22 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #196 on: October 11, 2005, 05:32:15 PM »

Yes, George, at last report there were still tickets available for all remaining performances.  Performances remaining are this Friday and Saturday and next Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m.; and this Saturday and Sunday and next Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.

Here is the web address:

http://www.tmp.org/

Thanks for the info!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #197 on: October 11, 2005, 05:56:58 PM »

My Fair Lady.

Almost time for the AMAZING RACE!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #198 on: October 11, 2005, 05:58:13 PM »

We have scheduled Seussical for our August slot in 2006 - I am not much interested in it either - have the cast album but haven't listened to it.  I hope they have a good time with it!

I am directing DEATH BY CHOCOLATE in July - so I am sure I will hear ALL the songs all month while we rehearse!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #199 on: October 11, 2005, 06:05:02 PM »

Is there a part for me???
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #200 on: October 11, 2005, 06:05:33 PM »

and might it involve FUDGE??
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #201 on: October 11, 2005, 06:07:36 PM »

After 3... maybe I'll go out for a little walk...
PennyO

Jane

« Reply #202 on: October 11, 2005, 06:14:11 PM »

Hmmm....

Now I want some halvah!  with Pistachios!

I finished the marble halvah, wthhout nuts, this morning.  It was exceptionally good halvah.

Jane

« Reply #203 on: October 11, 2005, 06:19:30 PM »

I should have taken a walk.  Instead I decided to unpack my suitcase.  So far I only managed to remove the dried strawberries and apricots from the Ross Sisters.  I of course indulged in too many.

I should go unpack that bag.  I am really overly tired.  A friend just called and I could barely respond to his questions, just the sound of a voice on the phone was more than I could tolerate-not his voice, just any sound.

The only reason I’m posting is Keith found the laptop for me and set it at my little desk.

Danise

« Reply #204 on: October 11, 2005, 06:38:08 PM »

Evening folks,

Sorry this has to be short but I’m very tired after my first day back at the zoo.  I mean work.  I mean last week on this day I visited a zoo and today I worked in one.  At least it felt that way.

I wasn’t too surprised at the pile of work on my desk.  There’s no way it’s going to get caught up by Thursday of next week.  Ahh, well such is life.  If a full in box is a sign of job security, then I have more then I know what to do with!

How fun that DR Cillaliz took that shot of VixMom, the Vixter and I!  I’m just as bad when it comes to noticing such things.  I’m only sorry you didn’t get to join us as we had such a lovely time with our private tour.

Speaking of which, VixMom, do you have that address for the zoo?  I really do want to write a glowing letter about our tour guide.  Tinnie?  Goodness, I’ve forgotten how she spelled her name already.

DR Elmore, my most sincere condolences on the loss of your friend.  One can only hope it was painless and with a dear one at his side at the time of parting.

DR PennyO, I’m glad you liked the card.  

I’m working on the photos.  I’m amazed that even with a digital camera I have many unusable shots.  I have a couple great shots of my feet and some things I can’t even identify!  Also some good shots of things/places that I have no idea why I took the picture!  

As soon as I get them cleaned up and in some type of order, I will start disk burning.  I also want to thank DP of Ben’s Ant for the suggestion about scanning all of the tickets and such to include in the collection.  

I may post some (if not all) on Photo Buckets site and will send my password to those who wish it for their viewing pleasure.  

I want to write little word docs in-between some of the pictures telling the story of what is going on or what I thought at the time.  

BK, I forgot that you have an Apple not a PC.  I have no idea if Word works the same for you as it does for me.  Do you even have MS Office?   I have no clew.

I am so glad that DR Jane made it home safe.  Now that we have all been There and Back again (a Hobit reference) we shall have to make that journy again sometime.   :)

DR Elmore, you are to modest.  I might not understand what you do 100% but I know that you do what you do at 1001%.

DR TCB, I did soak it in the Epsom Salt water.  It must have helped because it didn't balloon up tonight.  Thank you for the suggestion.   :D

And now, to bed.  To sleep.  Have a wonderful evening all!  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ben

« Reply #205 on: October 11, 2005, 07:05:58 PM »

Danise, here is an address for the CPZ

Central Park Zoo
830 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10021

Here is a link to information about the Zoo. It includes a phone number.

http://nyzoosandaquarium.com/czplanvisit

If you want to send an e-mail to someone at the Central Park Zoo here is a link with many e-mail addresses. At the bottom of the page is an e-mail address for a Public Relations person. I'm sure they would love to hear about your tour guide and your wonderful day at the zoo.

http://www.wcs.org/contact

Jane

« Reply #206 on: October 11, 2005, 07:06:32 PM »

Larry, as Danise mentioned, we saw the naked cowboy.  We just didn’t have our photo taken with him. ;D

Jose do you have an itinerary from our walking tour?  Have you tested any of your new gadgets yet?  Once again thank you for our grand walking, eating tour and taking such good care of us.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #207 on: October 11, 2005, 07:08:20 PM »

Jose do you have an itinerary from our walking tour?  Have you tested any of your new gadgets yet?  Once again thank you for our grand walking, eating tour and taking such good care of us.

It should be up tomorrow.  I started it yesterday, and just need to check to make sure all the links still work.

Soon, I promise...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 07:09:06 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #208 on: October 11, 2005, 07:09:36 PM »

From Vixmom:

I am sorry Danise, but I am afraid we MAY just have to remove the blame for all things from Jose and pass it on to you...

Since you were in NYC...

1. Lady hit on the head with a light  in the theatre where you were attending

2. Escalators break down in American Girl Store  while you are visiting

3. Lady hit by a bus in front of us

4. Cillaliz hit by a bike messenger while she & Jane were on the phone with you & me

5. Lady falls down in the street next to you while you are walking to theatre

6. Penn Station closed for suspicous soda can while you are there...

The heck with the terrorists.... look out for Danise!!!
;D ;D ;D

Could you have told me to suck in my stomach on Jane Street?  If I had seen that sooner I might have eaten less.   ;D

Jane

« Reply #209 on: October 11, 2005, 07:11:49 PM »

Thanks Jose.

MBarnum you and Freddy look so cute.

DRLaura your office looks nice.

Michael S. I sent the Romanian link to Craig.

Bruce I could ask Craig’s girlfriend to translate, but not until her school break.

'night folks.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up