News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ASKEW  (Read 23794 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
ASKEW
« on: October 23, 2005, 12:08:36 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you thought the notes were nicce and askew, and now it is time for you to post until the askew cows come home.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 12:08:06 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:ASKEW
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 12:08:55 AM »

And the word of the day is: HARANGUE!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 12:25:07 AM »

WARNING SHOT, I remember liking when I watched it on TV maybe 10 years back. I don't remember enough about it to defend that position.

I do also recall reading somewhere (I think) that it was orginally shot for TV.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 12:25:37 AM »

I'm back and have caught up with all the posts after watching the delightful TCB playing Colonel Pickering in a Tacoma production of My Fair Lady.  I will say that TCB's performance was one of the highlights of the evening.  The Eliza was very good and my friend Chris who played Karpathy was very appropriately slimey...in my humble opinion.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 12:28:52 AM »

After Jed saw the show, he wrote:
"But then there was their Higgins.  I know he was sick that night and all, but... well, Eliza and Pickering were great!

He didn't seem sick tonight, but otherwise I totally agree. ;) Well, really he just annoyed me.  He wasn't bad, just not right.  And he was too old.  Higgins isn't supposed to be old enough to be her grandfather. ::)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 12:37:26 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 12:30:48 AM »

DR Rodzinski - the cameo/parkway "best ofs" are all issued this month.  Orlons, Tymes etc.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 12:34:50 AM »

Pretty much the rest of the performers were your standard community theater level.  Some are better than others, but no one was really bad, at all.  Alfred Doolittle was pretty good, a real crowd pleaser, but not absolutely fabulous.

Tomovoz

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2005, 12:38:57 AM »

TOTD: I am not a party person. I think more than 4 is a crowd. I need to be harangued to turn up at a party.
For my 60th Birthday party in December I am only inviting myself (maybe DP Colin will be there!).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2005, 12:47:59 AM »

Did you catch up with TCB and your friend Chris, George? Autographs?
I guess they would have been pleased to see you and to hear your comments about the show (Well - their performances anyway)
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2005, 12:55:30 AM »

The entire cast came out to the front of the theater after the show, so I did chat for a bit with both TCB and my friend Chris.  I didn't get autographs and if I'd thought about it, I would have borrowed my sister's camera...but I didn't, so I didn't. :P

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2005, 01:12:00 AM »

The question once again is: What is the biggest party you've ever thrown.  What was it for, how many people, what was served.

Danise

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2005, 01:26:35 AM »

Hi Guys,

Do you sense a pattern here?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2005, 01:28:59 AM »

TOTD: I am not a party person. I think more than 4 is a crowd. I need to be harangued to turn up at a party.
For my 60th Birthday party in December I am only inviting myself (maybe DP Colin will be there!).

And all of your HHW friends.  I'll be there in my thoughts.  :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 01:33:45 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2005, 01:31:01 AM »

The question once again is: What is the biggest party you've ever thrown.  What was it for, how many people, what was served.

I've never thrown one.  Never even picked one up for that matter.   ;)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2005, 01:34:38 AM »

Guess I should go back to bed and get some sleep.  

Laters all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2005, 04:36:20 AM »

Joe Biroc was DP for The Adventures of Superman for a couple of the later seasons.

DR JANE & KEITH are related to Ben Weldon!  He also appeared on ROCKY JONES a few times!  Eileen Barton.....oh my!  "Wellllllllllllllllllllllll........"

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2005, 04:36:43 AM »

Any place  harangue my hat is home.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 04:36:58 AM by JRand55 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2005, 04:41:26 AM »

The biggest private party I ever threw was for my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary.  My sisters and I worked on it for a few months.

We had cake and ice cream of course - but we also served spaghetti and meatballs, cold vegetables, and hot dogs for the kids.  Chips and dips were also available along with assorted nuts (not related to us, although several of those were also there.)

Each of my brothers and sisters and I got up and said a piece about our parents (there are eight of us).  We introduced the in-laws.  We had a presentation of grandchildren and great grandchildren  who walked in to music and each gave my mom a rose.

Then my mom and dad talked a little bit.

Then my brother presented "life in pictures" where we had blown up photos of all the houses we had ever lived in with a map and comments.

The in-law kids talked a bit.  And then we had swing dancing.

Every thing was well planned out and timed and people came and went as they pleased....but the video of the day is still fun to watch.

Oh and my sister wore the suit my mom wore on her wedding day (no fancy dress for her, it was an elopement!)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2005, 04:58:58 AM »

The Stolen Costume episode has come in for same negative comments you wrote about DR MATTH on different review sites.  There has also been some consternation that some of the episodes have the later season closing credits and that NONE of the episodes have the "Preview of Next Episode" that was included during the first season.

Michael

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2005, 05:14:00 AM »

After Jed saw the show, he wrote:He didn't seem sick tonight, but otherwise I totally agree. ;) Well, really he just annoyed me.  He wasn't bad, just not right.  And he was too old.  Higgins isn't supposed to be old enough to be her grandfather. ::)

Then you never saw Rex Harrison last go around on Broadway in My Fair Lady in 1981. He was 73 he looked like he was her  great-grandfather! And Cathleen Nesbit who was the original Mrs. Higgins was back and she was 92!!
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2005, 05:17:19 AM »

Per TOD

Never really through a party that was really big. But when I had a group of people it was usually a pot luck
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2005, 05:18:06 AM »

Thanks for the LADY review DR GEORGE.  Were many of DR TCB's MTV fans there?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2005, 05:18:41 AM »

Tab Hunter is on BREAKFAST WITH THE ARTS today - wonder if he looks like the poster that DR RLP put here yesterday?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2005, 05:49:54 AM »

DR JOSE doesn't the clairenetet usually sit next to the saxophoney?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2005, 05:55:37 AM »

Good morning, all!  My Aunt Lois used to make a great lemon harangue pie.

Before this apartment became overloaded withthe ephemera of my existence, I used to have Thanksgiving dinners for friends who drove in from Ohio and friends from the City who had no place to go on the holiday.  The dinner would usually last from around 2 pm to 7 or 8 pm and people would come and go during the day.  Ethan Mordden played piano and a lot of my vocal scores were sung through, Ken Mandelbaum sometimes showed up after leavng his mother's in Brooklyn, there was a smattering of Drama Book Shop employees, and other friends, usually between 15-25 people during the course of the day. At that time in my apartment living, I had a loverly set of neighbors who went to visit family on the holiday and lent me their keys and kitchen while they were gone,  Anyone who's seen my apartment today would be amazed that my apartment could hold so many folk.

The last year I gave this bash was around 1985:  one of my Ohio friends brought some community theatre actor I did not know, who spent the entire weekend stone cold drunk, and when he wasn't here, he was getting polluted in The Works, a special interest boite on Columbus Avenue.  I prayed he'd get mugged and never seen again.  The kindly neighbors had moved out and with only one kitchen, the entire weekend was pretty much an ordeal.  That was the end.  Also the end of my harangue.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2005, 05:56:54 AM »

I don't think the LATINOLOGUES people on BWTA this morning will sell many tickets.

DR JOSE practice hard on the piano so that when the LESTAT people are on, you can play the piano for them.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2005, 05:58:24 AM »

DR ELMORE - doing Community Theatre can do that to a guy....believe me.

FJL

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2005, 06:12:52 AM »

Speaking of the merriment of a party, I just had my first sampling of the Special K "peaches and berries"  breakfast bar.  One of the most delightful breakfast foods I've had in a long time, and only 90 calories.  Of course, I had three of them, coffee with lots of milk, and orange juice, bringing breakfast to close to 500 calories :)  , but it indeed rivaled IHOP pancakes and La Monde beignets for deliciousness.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2005, 06:20:02 AM »

DR ELMORE - doing Community Theatre can do that to a guy....believe me.

LOL, DRJRand55! ;D
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2005, 06:22:08 AM »

Special K.  DR FJL can you pinch more than an inch?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up