Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NERD ON MY BACK  (Read 26562 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE NERD ON MY BACK
« on: November 16, 2005, 12:10:30 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know of my new hopefully temporary addiction, and now it is time for you to post until the Nerds, uh, sorry, cows come home.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 12:32:33 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE NERD ON MY BACK
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 12:13:41 AM »

And the word of the day is: PRETERNATURAL!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 12:59:08 AM »

I see two count them two dear readers who have literally been sitting there like so much fish for forty-five minutes, without a post between them.  I think it might just be time for a bitch-slapping of the highest magnitude.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 09:15:57 AM »

test

Jennifer

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 09:19:53 AM »

I guess we are up and running now!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 09:21:28 AM »

Well, that's a first.  Pogue just called and said there was no way to post.  I went to the site and posted fine.  Then I used the "reply" box, and it said only admins could post because the topic was "locked".  Somehow, I must have been so tired last night that I inadvertantly locked both last night's and today's topic, but I don't see how.  I just don't see how I could have made that mistake - unless there was some weird glitch.  

Well, we've got us some catching up to do, don't we?  Quick, we need a frenzy or five.  Quick, everyone make twenty posts each.  Quick, someone SHOOT ME!

Jason

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 09:23:33 AM »

Spooo....

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 09:25:06 AM »

Well, I just had to give BK a telephonic alert this AM.  Our poor tired fella inadvertantly locked us out last night after he wrote the notes. Hence no posts!  Let the barrage begin!

My favourite vacation spot, of course, is merry ole London which swings like a pendulum do!  Going to as much theatre as I can, visiting bookshops, and just walking the streets rich with history and taking it all in.

But if one needs relaxation, I recommend the San Ysidro Ranch up near Monteceito and Santa Barbara, a mere hour and half away from LA.  One gets oneself a lovely cabin and can never leave the ranch is that is what one desires.  The Stone House Restaurant there is one of the best I've ever eaten in.  If one wants a little more excitement that is still relaxing, Santa Barbara is about ten minutes away.  Great shops and more nice restaurants and, of course, the ocean.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 09:25:56 AM »

Bang!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2005, 09:26:12 AM »

So nice not to be cut off from the world....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005, 09:26:40 AM »

It seems to me the only one in need of a bitch-slapping is BK.  So bitch-slap yourself, BK.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 09:27:24 AM by Charles Pogue »

Jennifer

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2005, 09:35:00 AM »

Hey for those who watch LOST, apparently the show is supposed to go over tonight on ABC.  I'm guessing it will probably just be a few minutes, but for those recording WATCH OUT!

Although interestingly enough, LOST airs on a Canadian station at the same time.  And they usually show less commercials and end on time!  So sometimes I will watch the ending twice!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2005, 09:38:36 AM »

Hey for those who watch LOST, apparently the show is supposed to go over tonight on ABC.  I'm guessing it will probably just be a few minutes, but for those recording WATCH OUT!

Although interestingly enough, LOST airs on a Canadian station at the same time.  And they usually show less commercials and end on time!  So sometimes I will watch the ending twice!

I read somewhere that it's supposed to be 64 minutes.  I watch "Invasion" right after it, so I'm safe. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2005, 09:39:01 AM »

I see two count them two dear readers who have literally been sitting there like so much fish for forty-five minutes, without a post between them.  I think it might just be time for a bitch-slapping of the highest magnitude.

I couldn't post!  I waited for the day to change and when it did...it was all locked up!  I even e-mailed BK but he had left the building.  Anyway, all is right with the world. ;)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 09:40:24 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2005, 09:39:44 AM »

The only resort I have been to, as an adult, is up on Mount Hood....very nice place, particularly if you like to ski. Haven't actually stayed in a room there, just visited.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2005, 09:41:06 AM »

Well, that's a relief!  I thought I was going to have to break in through the bathroom window to get in here today.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2005, 09:42:21 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day, I've never been to a resort, so I can't comment on that.  My favorite vacation spots (so far) have been New York City (midtown Manhattan...theater district) and London (theater district).  I've only gone to each of them once, but I loved them both and would go back in a second!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2005, 09:43:10 AM »

Well I see the lockout is over so the negotiations must have been sucessful althoughI do not recall being asked to vote on a contract to include a minimum of twenty posts each I will do my best to comply.

This is ONE
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

George

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2005, 09:43:29 AM »

Now I must hurry and shower and rush off to work.  I don't want to be late...again. :o

vixmom

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2005, 09:46:27 AM »

TOD: The closest I have come to  luxururious resort is our  time share:  Orange Lake Resort in Kississemee FL.  We bought it right after we were married and we like it very much but I do not know if it qualifies under what bk considers the lap of luxury or whatever

It sure beats the Holiday Inn (the founder , Kemmon Wilson I think his name was,of which, who was actually was the creator of our resort)

Thats TWO

« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 11:36:58 AM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2005, 09:48:38 AM »

For our honey moon, we had a short four or fiver day stay at the hokey but fun Pocono Mounttain Resort of Champagne Towers, complete with swimming pool, champage shaped hot tub, fireplace, massage table, fireplace and steam room all In your own mutli-level room

That's THREE

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2005, 09:55:59 AM »

Seventeen more to go and will get OFF this page!  Let's be like the galley slaves in Ben-Hur and row, row, row (that is three rows) our haineshisway.com boat to page two.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2005, 09:57:02 AM »

I have indeed bitch-slapped myself from here to eternity and hell and back.

I thought it was strange to see George and Tom just sitting there like so much fish for an hour, when they usually are among the first to comment on the new TOD.  

td

• td
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2005, 09:59:42 AM »

I couldn't post, either. . .so I PM'd several H&Ks, then, I went out and found out that I am now EMPLOYED AGAIN!  I'll still be a server, hell, that's my career, but, now I will be at the new Pittsburgh Mills' Red Robin Restaurant, pushing gourmet burgers and endless steak fries AND getting health benefits, too!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2005, 10:02:05 AM »

I'm still fond of the Myrtle Beach area of South Carolina.  Charleston is only an hour and a half away, and that is one gorgeous city.  So, topically, I have to say that the beaches, cities and the incredible Brookgreen Gardens of the south eastern end of South Carolina would be tops for me.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2005, 10:08:37 AM »

Charleston is indeed lovely!  We spend a couple of weeks there several years in a row when some friends of ours rented a house on the Isle of Palms and invited us and another couple to spend some time with them there.  Again, excellent restaurants and small,walkable city center of shops and elegant historic homes, all right there on the Ocean.  I want a toggle bench!

td

• td
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2005, 10:15:24 AM »

There is also a mighty fine restaurant in Charleston called:

[size=8]POGUE'S PORCH![/size]
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 10:15:44 AM by td »

td

• td
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2005, 10:17:23 AM »

I do believe that DR Jose is working on a couple of musicals, one of which deals with PRETERNATURAL people. . .t'other could be considered PRETERNATURAL in a stretch (preferably the seventh inning).

Jason

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2005, 10:29:04 AM »

Congrats on the gig, TD - and on the health benefits. I'm considering switching over to the food industry, myself, to free up my days for auditions...

It's been announced that Ms. Effie White will, indeed, be played by a an American Idol contestant, but not the one everyone expected. Ms. Jennifer Hudson will be playing Effie in the film version of DREAMGIRLS as opposed to Fantasia. I couldn't be happier.

Ben

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2005, 10:31:34 AM »

Let's move this puppy to page 2
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up