Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FULL SPEED AHEAD  (Read 23906 times)

Cillaliz

Re:FULL SPEED AHEAD
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2005, 06:57:23 PM »

It has been a long day and I just realized I brought work home but haven't looked at it. I've been having one of those, I know there is something I should be doing feelings...

Cillaliz

« Reply #181 on: November 21, 2005, 06:58:11 PM »

Happy Page 7!   I have a short week, but volunteered to work on Wednesday. So it will be me and a very timid temp....could be a long day

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: November 21, 2005, 06:58:46 PM »

I have up to fifty wild turkeys in the back yard during the fall and winter. . .still, we eat turkey, still we sometimes have a shot of Wild Turkey. . .Thursday will be no different, I'm sure.

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who found SHAUN OF THE DEAD to be so funny. . . .

I believe I raved about the film when I sw it in the theatre last (?) year.  I loved "we're coming to get you, Barbara!"

Back from a great dinner at Barrymore's and three special friends who made the event such a great time.  Reputations were made and dashed, HHW members were dragged over coals and then raked across them again, a good time was had by all.  Ears should be burning all over the globe.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2005, 06:59:09 PM »

Now, I better look at the work....oh, my laptop is threatening to crash again. So instead of getting it fixed for the 4th time I'm getting a new one.  I may strip down the old one and just use it for traveling. Not sure yet

Cillaliz

« Reply #184 on: November 21, 2005, 07:00:01 PM »

Glad you're all having fun in NYC...makes me wish I could be there.

Cillaliz

« Reply #185 on: November 21, 2005, 07:03:56 PM »

TOD I don't really remember the first time I left town. When you live in a small town, you leave it a lot.  We lived 15 miles from a lake resort area and were there a lot in the summers.  My grandparents and other extended family all lived near Des Moines, so we went there a  lot too.  

The first family vacation I remember was to Cool Ridge Resort near Park Rapids, MN.  I was too young to do most of the activities, which really bummed me out.  That's what I remember most, watching my sister and brother have fun and being told I was too young....the story of my life!

The other family vacation I remember was when I was 7.  We went to the Black Hills and Yellowstone.  I was supposed to get my toncils out, but the doctor decided I didn't have to do it then and they took me on the trip.  It was actually a lot of fun.  I did have my toncils out, but not until I was 33!

Cillaliz

« Reply #186 on: November 21, 2005, 07:04:17 PM »

Enough of a frenzy for now. I must review my files for court tomorrow!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #187 on: November 21, 2005, 07:05:14 PM »

TCB Keith says he has seen the movie.

I say, wow!  I am so jealous, as long as nothing happened.

Ginny

« Reply #188 on: November 21, 2005, 07:09:57 PM »

Well, I have to be in class at 9am tomorrow at the University of Dayton to hear the results of the students' grantseeking research, with which I've been helping them since Sept. 29.  Should be interesting...'night.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #189 on: November 21, 2005, 07:19:52 PM »

I'm waiting for the cabinet installer to leave.

Jane

« Reply #190 on: November 21, 2005, 07:44:59 PM »

The installer has left.  :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #191 on: November 21, 2005, 07:52:20 PM »

TCB Keith says he has seen the movie.

I say, wow!  I am so jealous, as long as nothing happened.

Well, I still have one of everything (or two, as the case may be), so I guess nothing really serious happened.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

MBarnum

« Reply #192 on: November 21, 2005, 07:52:42 PM »

I am happy to report that Hildy is eating much better now, and no sign of any vomiting!!

My mom will be meeting Hildy tomorrow night as my sister informs me that she invited her up for Thanksgiving...but no she and my brother-in-law are unable to drive down and get her! So I will be driving down to Sutherlin, where ever the heck that is, and getting her...my brother Dan is taking her up as far as that town...we will meet at the Sutherlin McDonald's.

I expect it to be around a 4 hour trip...not exactly what I wanted to do after  getting off of work.

MBarnum

« Reply #193 on: November 21, 2005, 07:54:11 PM »

My sister also informed me that they have no idea how mom is going to get back home. Mom also has no idea.

I told them not to look at me. They invited her up, they can make the arrangements for sending her back...or else she can just move in with them!  ;)

MBarnum

« Reply #194 on: November 21, 2005, 07:56:41 PM »

I hope that post didn't sound harsh. It isn't my mom's fault. She was just as happy to spend Thanksgiving in Medford with her other kids....but my sister got a wild hair and didn't really plan things out very well (Sis and bro-in-law thought they would be in their new house by this time...but there were delays and now they are actually moving in tomorrow...which is why they need me to go pick up mom and have her stay with me for a few nights).

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2005, 08:04:37 PM »

Well, on my way to see Bingo tonight, I almost stopped in to say hi to the people at Barrymore's... but I had one of those times when I could not, if you held a gun to my head, figure out what to do about dinner.  It took me 30 minutes to get up off my chair at the casting office and get on a bus, then I overshot my stop by 11 blocks because of stupid chess on my cell phone, then I walked down to 46th in the rain, trying to figure out what to eat; then I thought, well, I'll just stop in at Barrymore's and say hi and maybe eat someone else's leftovers ( ;) ), but then it was already 7:30 and I thought I'd better find some food.  So then I spent another fifteen minutes walking up and down 8th looking for something fast and cheap (insert joke here), and finally settled on a piece of pizza, which was good but turned out to be a HUGE mistake when I got home and calculated how many Weight Watchers points it is.  And that was probably the longest couple of run-on sentences I've ever written.

So it was kind of a disastrous day; but, to add to the weight loss total on this board, I'm down a total of 15 lbs as of last Tuesday.  Another weigh-in tomorrow.  Please send skinny vibes.

Jose, JR, congrats on your weight loss!  I'm up for a race!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 08:05:30 PM by Joy »
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2005, 08:08:37 PM »

Well, I'll have to say that MEDIUM was a lot of fun. The first two 3-D effects were the most effective, I thought, but all were fun.

In a way, I just wish the whole show had been 3-D since putting on and taking off the glasses was a slight inconvenience.

Don't know how the effects looked for others, but in high definition and with a widescreen, quite a few objects did really come jutting right out into my face. Probably the most effective home 3-D I've ever experienced.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: November 21, 2005, 08:09:43 PM »

I thought the 3-D glasses were much ado about little.  I enjoyed the episode, but since the show is doing well, I don't understand the need to add an unnecessary gimmick.  I found them a waste of time and energy.

While I'm griping about NBC:  I hate their new method of reducing the credits to an illegible blurb at the bottom of the screen to give them a larger preview space.  By the time I figure out the credits are running, I've missed the damned things.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2005, 08:10:09 PM »

Congrats everyone on your weight loss. I think I found it. I have finally given in and gotten the fat pants out of the box in the basement.  I will diet after the holidays when I know I have the smoking thing whipped.   I still dream I'm smoking, but don't want one during the day. There must be some deep hidden meaning in there somewhere.

Matt H.

« Reply #199 on: November 21, 2005, 08:12:29 PM »

Prior to that fun MEDIUM episode, I finished HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS. As always, enjoyed seeing one of Richard Harris' last performances, and the fiercesome snake in the chamber is very eeffective. I'll be looking for similar or worse looking monsters at HARRY POTTER tomorrow.

The sound design for CHAMBER (Dolby 5.1 EX) was terrific as always.

Cillaliz

« Reply #200 on: November 21, 2005, 08:13:34 PM »

The true test of my ability to stay smoke free will be going home for Thanksgiving.  My neice and brother smoke, but I don't think it should be a problem.   Less then half the family will be there, so it should be half the family stress.....but I think I'm dreaming

Matt H.

« Reply #201 on: November 21, 2005, 08:13:51 PM »

Only my appreciation of Neil Patrick Harris is keeping me watching HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER. Another unfunny episode for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #202 on: November 21, 2005, 08:14:13 PM »

DR Jane,   I am enjoying Netflix thanks for suggesting it.

Matt H.

« Reply #203 on: November 21, 2005, 08:15:40 PM »

OUT OF PRACTICE had a very witty episode (written by Christopher Lloyd) which juxtiposed several infamously memorable Thanksgivings for the family jumping backwards and forwards in time. Several good one liners and the ensemble work by the cast is aces.

Cillaliz

« Reply #204 on: November 21, 2005, 08:16:25 PM »

Well I'm off to get some sleep. One judge wants to leave tomorrow afternoon and one prosecutor wants to leave early, so I have to start my hearings at 8:30 am.   That's cool though, I'll be done with court by noon. It's really hard to work when everyone has left for the holiday.  I'm considering taking a novel and reading it there.   I've never done that before, but for the next 2 days it is very tempting

Matt H.

« Reply #205 on: November 21, 2005, 08:17:59 PM »

MEDIUM is doing well, it's true, but this is sweeps month, a time when the networks do everything they can to increase audiences for their popular shows so they can charge more ad dollars from their advertisers the next times rates are determined.

All decisions like this are always money-based.

Cillaliz

« Reply #206 on: November 21, 2005, 08:19:33 PM »

I can hear the fireworks at the winter festival downtown. Santa must have arrived....and it isn't even Thanksgiving. Sheesh!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #207 on: November 21, 2005, 08:24:29 PM »

Congrats everyone on your weight loss. I think I found it. I have finally given in and gotten the fat pants out of the box in the basement.  I will diet after the holidays when I know I have the smoking thing whipped.   I still dream I'm smoking, but don't want one during the day. There must be some deep hidden meaning in there somewhere.

Speaking of dreams... The past couple of nights, I've been having some scary dreams - well, sort of scary.  Well, at least sort of violent.  I remember "dreaming" some horror movie - people getting killed in various ways - but I could tell it was a movie.  And then just some other scary things.  I have no idea what the trigger is.  However, I have been waking up in the middle of night because of them.  Thankfully, it's been easy to get back to sleep, and I haven't been creeped out by them like I sometimes get.  Just so strange.  Maybe it's the lack of sugar in my system?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #208 on: November 21, 2005, 08:28:09 PM »

DR Joy - I've had that "where and what do I want to eat" problem many a time.  And it usually happens when I'm really hungry.  ???

As for the "race", hmm... What's the prize?

And how was Bingo?  -I'm guessing Liz Larsen is sticking with the blonde hair.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #209 on: November 21, 2005, 08:28:38 PM »

Finally saw the KING KONG trailer. I wasn't wowed by it, and it seems a bit overly CGI'd, but I will go to see anyhow....besides Kyle Chandler is in it and I have not seen him in anything in quite some time.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up