Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: AT ONE WITH ONE  (Read 22218 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:AT ONE WITH ONE
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2005, 01:46:09 PM »

Well, since Rob Reiner directed THIS IS SPINAL TAP, I don't lump it with the others, though, of course, Guest plays a very prominent role in it, and as a mockumentary, it is the same genre.

Is it just me or do Guest's three films have a "gayer" feel to them? And I don't mean having gay characters necessarily but just a campier, freer spirit about them?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2005, 01:47:05 PM »

[move=down,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page 3 Dance!!![/move]

Matt H.

« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2005, 01:48:13 PM »

OK, back to the TV now to finish the KONG documentary and then to jump on board THE POLAR EXPRESS!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2005, 01:58:50 PM »

I got Michael Ball:  Live at the Royal Albert Hall from Netflix.  It was quite good.  He really does know how to entertain a crowd. :)

Oh, I am sure that he could do pretty well entertaining one-on-one.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2005, 01:59:13 PM »

DR François has been unable to log on for the past two days. He's not had trouble with other sites. I had difficulty with this site yesterday.  I could log on but could not post!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2005, 02:01:11 PM »

Which reminds me - We watched "A Mighty Wind" again last week. I think you have to be over 50 years of age to really appreciate it!

Apparently, that doesn't work for everyone.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

td

• td
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2005, 02:05:05 PM »

Apparently, that doesn't work for everyone.

Great minds think alike, for I am not over fifty, but watch A MIGHTY WIND more often than the others.
Tonight, maybe I'll watch THE PRINCESS BRIDE to see some more of Mr. Guest's merriment.  MARYment?  MARRYment?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Danise

« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2005, 02:19:30 PM »

Oh, I am sure that he could do pretty well entertaining one-on-one.

Works for me!   ;) :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2005, 02:22:03 PM »

Well, it took all afternoon but my annual tradition of doing my Christmas cards is complete.   Hurah!!

I'll be taking them to the post office tomorrow.  Yes, I know it's Sunday but there are automated machines at the PO in Brandon.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 02:24:51 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2005, 02:42:31 PM »

Well, it looks like my days with Hildy are numbered....I have tried, but there is no longer any denying the fact that I seem to be allergic to her  :-\

I really should have not been so hasty in my getting a dog in the first place, but she seemed like such a special pooch...and she is. She is a wonderful, wonderful dog and will make someone the perfect pet...just not me. She gets along great with cats and with dogs and with people...she sheds like crazy, which is the only real drawback, IMO...but from what I am told by dog people, that is not unusual. And I should have remembered that from when I babysat my co-workers German Shephard last year...and of course I had blocked out the fact that I was terribly allergic to that dog, as well.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2005, 02:49:15 PM »

That's too bad, Michael. :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2005, 02:50:18 PM »

DR MattH, what did you think about the announcement that next week's Veronica Mars will have 2 endings that we must vote on?  One will be shown next wed, the other can be viewed online!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2005, 02:54:12 PM »

All right, the bitch-slap machine is coming out.  There is no stopping the bitch-slap machine now.  Those of us here will have to do double-duty for the errant and truant who I'm sure will sheepishly return on Monday with the usual boatload of "Oh, I had to do this, and, oh, I had to do that," and we shall laugh and laugh and just when we think we can laugh no more we shall laugh again.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2005, 02:58:58 PM »

I look ever so thin in that clip.  At that time, I weighed 137 lbs and had a size thirty waist.  That is why I am now on a crash diet.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2005, 02:59:33 PM »

Okay, people, don't just sit there like so much fish!  Row!  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2005, 03:09:13 PM »

Dear reader Jennifer reads and runs.  That in itself is cause for a major bitch-slapping.  And George just sits there like so much fish.  And Jane is absent.  And Pogue is absent.  And Ben is absent.  And Rodzinski is absent.  And twenty others are absent.  Kerry would be here, but he's having major Internet woes.

George

« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2005, 03:34:14 PM »

Yes, I'm just sitting here, but I'm not just sitting.  I'm at work and I'm actually working, doing stuff, work-related, and so that's what I'm doing. ;)

And in an article HERE on Playbill.com, they have a couple of pictures of the Lestat marquee!  Here's one:

and here's the other:

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2005, 03:37:53 PM »

Do they want the original documents or would copies suffice?  Or are you not even willing to provide copies?

George, I do not suffer Scientologists gladly, after their decades of misrepresentations about Frances.  I seriously doubt me providing documentation would do anything about their website, on top of which, my sources are all cited in my article, anyway.  :)  Methinks this opening email is a "ploy", but I just may be overly paranoid.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2005, 03:40:07 PM »

Delusional thinking department:  I am nowhere near 50 ( ;)) and I love A Mighty Wind.  The only thing is now, after having seen it, whenever they have one of the PBS pledge-a-thons with 60s-era musicians on it, I can't stop giggling madly.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2005, 03:52:37 PM »

It is quite windy and chilly, albeit sunny and blue skied here in the City of Studio.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2005, 03:53:22 PM »

Well, with under eighty posts, I'd say we're well on our way to a new all-time low here on this board, wouldn't you?

George

« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2005, 04:11:25 PM »

It's only after 4:00 p.m. (PST).  I'm sure that there will be more posts before the day ends.  Of course, there will.  There HAS to be! ;)

George

« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2005, 04:12:31 PM »

And this is my Post # 5757!  

See?  There are more posts, already! ;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2005, 04:18:30 PM »

...I didn't include Elton John in my list. Bernie Taupin's input is enormous. Love Elton's body of work though....
I think of Taupin's collaboration with John as being kind of a given.  And if we can't consider John without Taupin, then no one can consider Bacharach as a songwriter, either, nor many of the others that have been listed.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2005, 04:20:32 PM »

Does anyone "else" have their Christmas tree up and running?
Six dogs + one Christmas tree = disaster.  We tried it once, when we only had five dogs, and it didn't work.  Add Fletcher and Peggy to our current combo, and we'd be picking up the tree on an hourly basis!  Not the best idea.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JMK

« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2005, 04:20:43 PM »

Hey Administrator:  I am trying to upload a very clever photo ( ;)) and am getting an error message that "The upload folder is full."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2005, 04:24:39 PM »

Okay, people, don't just sit there like so much fish!  Row!  
No, no, no.  With fish, it's roe!

(An excellent way to egg us on, of course!)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 04:26:24 PM by S. Woody White »

George

« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2005, 04:28:21 PM »

Billy Joel: It's Still Rock and Roll To Me; The Longest Time; Piano Man; too many to mention
Elton John: Circle of Life; Candle in the Wind; Don't Go Breakin' My Heart (did he write this?)
John Denver: Calypso
Barry Manilow: One Voice; Copacabana; again, too many to mention
Carol King: most of the Tapestry album
Carly Simon: Nobody Does It Better (but did she write this?)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2005, 04:31:37 PM »

Well, it looks like my days with Hildy are numbered....I have tried, but there is no longer any denying the fact that I seem to be allergic to her  :-\
DR Michael: Have you tried antiallergens?  Contact your doctor; he or she may have a solution.  Or a pill.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2005, 04:37:06 PM »

...Elton John:...Don't Go Breakin' My Heart (did he write this?)
The song is credited as music by Ann Orson, lyrics by Carte Blanche.  But that was just Elton and Bernie having fun with pseudonyms.
Carly Simon: Nobody Does It Better (but did she write this?)
Here we've got Simon singing a song written by Marvin Hamlisch (music) and Carole Bayer Sager (lyrics).  The idea of Marvin singing the song over the opening credits for The Spy Who Loved Me makes me cringe; I'll stick with Carly any day.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up