Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: AT ONE WITH ONE  (Read 23484 times)

Tomovoz

Re:AT ONE WITH ONE
« Reply #150 on: November 26, 2005, 07:37:08 PM »

Good grief! I appreciate all these things in the NW getting out of the way THIS year.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #151 on: November 26, 2005, 07:37:38 PM »

Jose, who is playing Joe Hardy in the production of DAMN YANKEES?  And are there some other attractive ball players in the cast?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2005, 07:39:04 PM »

Good grief! I appreciate all these things in the NW getting out of the way THIS year.

However, we are saving "the Big One" for your arrival, Tom.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: November 26, 2005, 07:42:20 PM »

What is interesting (once I thought about it) is that the two monorail trains run side by side.  Apparently, what they are calling a collision is actually a case of the two trains sideswipping each other.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2005, 07:46:12 PM »

td, I gave the two missing convicts your address for you.  They should be arriving in the next few days.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2005, 07:54:14 PM »

The two monorail trains in downtown Seattle just collided.  Tomovoz - is that still on your list of attractions?

:o How could this have happened??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2005, 07:58:46 PM »

I see at the WHITE CHRISTMAS website that Jeff Denman and Brian d'Arcy James are doing the show in Los Angeles.  Does M.Barnum know about this?
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2005, 07:59:57 PM »

Perhaps I should be less definite about my plans TCB. I would rather miss the BIG one!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2005, 08:00:41 PM »

Well, I guess I will have to post (at least) once more tonight, so that I can reach my next milestone.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2005, 08:05:27 PM »

At the very least... ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2005, 08:07:15 PM »

[size=8]3,500 POSTS[/size]

“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #161 on: November 26, 2005, 08:08:24 PM »

Congratulations TCB.
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #162 on: November 26, 2005, 08:09:11 PM »

DR MattH, what did you think about the announcement that next week's Veronica Mars will have 2 endings that we must vote on?  One will be shown next wed, the other can be viewed online!

I don't like gimmicky things like this acyually. I want the writers to take a course and stick to it. Of course, let me see how they work it before I condemn it totally, but my initial reaction was a negative one.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2005, 08:11:05 PM »

Congratulations TCB.

Thank you, Tomovoz.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2005, 08:11:53 PM »

Very hearty Congrats, TCB! ;D

Matt H.

« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2005, 08:12:42 PM »

My first order of business early this evening was to finish the KING KONG documentary. Included with this is the "Spider Pit Sequence" reconstruction. Interesting in theory and sort of fun but they in no way could match the expertise of the original KONG stuff.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2005, 08:13:01 PM »

I don't like gimmicky things like this acyually. I want the writers to take a course and stick to it. Of course, let me see how they work it before I condemn it totally, but my initial reaction was a negative one.

I thought you meant that you wanted the writers to take a writing course.  LOL!
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2005, 08:14:22 PM »

Mel Swope, the show's producer, directed that episode (my first).  Great guy.  Susan wasn't THAT tall, maybe 5'6 or 7.

The elderly producer of Horror of Party Beach simply didn't realize what he'd been given.  He has no idea what is funny or not funny, and he was also trying to get a major to put up the dough, a completely inane and impossible way to go.  Had he taken my advice, he would have raised a couple of mil, done it low budget, and filmed EXACTLY what I'd written, he would have had a hit on his hands.  Instead, he gave it to "readers" at William Morris, and they, being idiot teenagers, loved the outrageous comedy, but wanted to cut all the character out of the non-comedic characters - do that, and then nothing is funny because the movie has no reality base.  Sadly, the elderly gentleman had someone else (presumably an amateur, from what I'm told) do precisely that and now he has, once again, something completely unfilmable.  If he had a brain in his head he would go back to my script, raise the dough, hire me to direct it, and my guess is that we'd have a winning picture to shop around.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2005, 08:17:37 PM »

Very hearty Congrats, TCB! ;D

Thanks, George.
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: November 26, 2005, 08:19:02 PM »

Thanks, DR Ron, for the thorough and newsy review of WHITE CHRISTMAS. I'd love to see one of these productions at some point in the future.

Sounds like my cupatea, too!

Matt H.

« Reply #170 on: November 26, 2005, 08:21:44 PM »

After KONG, I watched THE POLAR EXPRESS.

I found it delightful, precious, and a ton of fun. At first I wasn't too sure about it, but I became more and more impressed with the film as it unfolded.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #171 on: November 26, 2005, 08:23:04 PM »

Matt, have you ever played Henry Higgins?
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

« Reply #172 on: November 26, 2005, 08:26:58 PM »

Just as the credits were coming up with THE POLAR EXPRESS, I flipped over to watch the remake of FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX on HBO-HD. Very, very similar to the original in spirit and surprises. I think I liked the original actors better than the newer ones, but they all did well with their roles.

After hearing Hugh Laurie speak in that perfect American accent for more than a year on HOUSE, to hear him speak in his actual British accent for two hours was disconcerting!

If you haven't seen the original, this is a good popcorn movie with thrills, surprises, and some melodrama. If you have seen the original, I think you've probably seen the superior version.

Matt H.

« Reply #173 on: November 26, 2005, 08:28:56 PM »

Matt, have you ever played Henry Higgins?

No, actually the last time Theatre Charlotte did MY FAIR LADY, I auditioned for Colonel Pickering, and even though I was older than the actor who got cast as Higgins, the director thought I looked younger and wanted an older actor in that part, so I lost out.

Matt H.

« Reply #174 on: November 26, 2005, 08:32:24 PM »

After PHOENIX, I settled in with my two favorite comedies on TV: MY NAME IS EARL and THE OFFICE.

EARL had some funny moments as Earl tried to make amends with his father (Beau Bridges) for costing him a mayoral election. Earl's brother Randy has become one of my favorite comedy characters on TV. He is a simpleton personified and very funny.

Tomovoz

« Reply #175 on: November 26, 2005, 08:33:01 PM »

Philip  Springer wrote "How Little We Know" and may have written the score for the movie "Elf". He also wrote "Santa Baby".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: November 26, 2005, 08:36:18 PM »

THE OFFICE had another winner with office worker Jim throwing a barbecue/karaoke party and not inviting boss Michael (who finds out about it anyway). Michael goes to his improv class instead with some hilariously and repetitively bad improv from him.

I've been reading some rumors that NBC may move these two shows to Thursday night at midseason and let SCRUBS and WILL & GRACE form a four comedy block on that night. (JOEY would move to Tuesday). I know those of you who love THE APPRENTICE wouldn't be happy with this, but I'd love to see NBC reestablish a comedy block on Thursday.

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2005, 08:40:22 PM »

After those shows finished, I ACTUALLY and FINALLY started SPANGLISH. I only got about 20 minutes in. Tea Leoni is annoying as all get out (and looks about 15 years older than Adam Sandler who's playing her husband; not that there's anything wrong with that.) Cloris Leachman is playing an alcoholic former singer.

At this point, I don't know where it's all going, but I'll stick with it. I have to say, though, that this doesn't seem to have the instant appeal for me of James Brooks' former hits TERMS OF ENDEARMENT or BROADCAST NEWS.

Matt H.

« Reply #178 on: November 26, 2005, 08:54:21 PM »

Well, midnight approaches, and I am hurrying off to bed.

Good night, all!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: November 26, 2005, 09:09:18 PM »

You know, I just don't remember any "surprises" in the original Flight of the Phoenix.  I'm afraid "surprises" are the watchcry of today's TV and film fans.  Everything has "surprises" - for me, their not so suprising, but that's what makes horse racing.  I am watching the completely insane Godzilla: The Final Wars.  I think it's safe to say that in the history of Godzilla films there has never been one as completely wacko as this one.  More later, but my mind is boggled, oh, yes, my mind is boggled.  I guess there are "surprises" in it, too, in that not one word or image makes any sense.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up