Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BEDTIME FOR BONZO  (Read 26620 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
BEDTIME FOR BONZO
« on: November 30, 2005, 12:12:51 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you are current with the notes, the notes are current with you, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're trying to figure out who Bonzo is.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 12:08:15 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BEDTIME FOR BONZO
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 12:13:10 AM »

And the word of the day is: COOCH!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 12:17:36 AM »

COOCH, baby, COOCH!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 12:20:47 AM »

And one other thing: It's the last day of November - next up, December, a month filled with holidays and birthday celebrations for many of us here.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 03:45:31 AM »

Good morning, all!   Too much to do between now and Dec. 17, and I'm up far too early in a desperate attempt to accomplish something.  Today, Skip Kennon becomes a regular visitor to Toyland to help us finish this project, I'm still caught up in editorial notes, not to mention the two Mario Frangoulis pieces sitting on my desk, and I still have to pull some tax records for my accountant.

Yesterday, I picked up Martin Moran's book THE TRICKY PART, which is quite interesting, and I'm procrastinating Christmas shopping.

TOD:  I made fantastic chicken noodle soup last week.

Welcome back, DRsRodzinski and Ben!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 05:10:04 AM »

On a diet so limited carbs so no pasta
Never stop dreaming.

FJL

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 05:22:21 AM »

Favorite pasta dish:  Penne gorgonzola at Pietrasanta, which comes suffused with the smelly cheese whose smell winds up oozing from your pores for a long time afterwards.   The penne shape ensures that each piece of pasta contains a generous helping of the gorgonzola sauce.  Heavily topped and tossed with raisins and walnuts, it's delicious either eat-in, take out or delivery.  (Unfortunately for my waistline, we've discovered that Pietersanta now delivers, at certain non-peak times anyway, so I don't even have to walk the five blovks to get this dish.)  Truly pasta at its best.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 05:44:31 AM »

TOD:

About two weeks ago, I had crab ravioli with what I think was a creamy tomato and garlic sauce.  Fattening as all get out, but it was too delicious and has become my must-have order at that particular restaurant.

On a more pedestrian side, I really like the Spensa salad available at SaladTrough SaladWorks.  A wonderful combination of radiatori pasta with chunks of turkey breast, sun-dried tomatoes, walnuts and black olives.  I get mine with the low-fat ranch dressing.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 05:49:28 AM »

Coochi! Coochi!

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 06:04:11 AM »

Good Morning!

Instead of leaving for the airport at 6:00, I ended up waking up my parents at 6:00.  Oops!  Thankfully, their flight doesn't/didn't leave until 9:30, so we had plenty of time to make it to Dulles.  -And my dad called around 7:45, and they were already at the gate!

Safe travels to them.

-That's one post.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 06:06:13 AM »

Thankfully, the traffic on the way back from Dulles was mercifully light.  I was actually almost tempted to work out this morning before heading out, but I decided just to work out tonight once I get home from rehearsal.  Instead, I made a nice breakfast, chopped up some romaine lettuce for my lunch today, poached some salmon (to put on top of my lettuce), chopped up some pineapples and mangos to bring in for the cast today (my Dad went shopping the other day and overstocked, so...), washed the dishes, took a shower...  And now I'm posting...

-That's two posts.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 06:07:17 AM »

Topic of the Day...

Hmmm...  A simple roast chicken can be the most amazing food on earth at times.  I like the method where you put strips of bacon over the breast while it's baking.  Yum!

That's three posts.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2005, 06:07:37 AM »

...I'll think of some other dishes later.

-That's four posts.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 06:08:18 AM »

BK - A music director's brain being "fried"?  Say it ain't so.  Imagine that?!?!?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2005, 06:08:41 AM »

OH!  That was five posts.

And, now this is six.  So...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2005, 06:10:23 AM »

And to bring it to a lucky seven for now...

Today is our last day in the rehearsal hall.  We move into the theatre tomorrow.  And we also have first orchestra rehearsal tomorrow.  I have some crunch work to do tonight on my book as well as the keyboard programming, so I may be errant and truant until later tonight... or tomorrow night.  -However, I do plan NOT to miss "Lost" tonight, so I'll probably check in here during the commercials.

In the meantime...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2005, 06:26:53 AM »

Last Night's THE AMAZING RACE

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]*********  SPOILER ALERT *********  SPOILER ALERT *********  SPOILER ALERT *********  SPOILER ALERT *********  SPOILER ALERT *********  SPOILER ALERT *********  SPOILER ALERT *********  SPOILER ALERT *********[/move]

Not the surprise ending I was expecting, but close enough.  I was expecting some sort of emotional drama from the Weavers that would somehow get them not eliminated but disqualified.  Hopefully, the extension of this leg of the race will allow the Linz Family to pull ahead and the Weaver brood to lose.

What really ticks me off are these "production problems" that have been plaguing this race that effected teams who had been in the lead and put them far behind.  It just seems so unfair that a team could potentially be eliminated for a problem with what should have been a reliable element. (Though I probably wouldn't be so ired if it had happened to the Weavers instead of the Linzes.)

-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2005, 06:49:56 AM »

Comments on last night's AMAZING RACE:

Last Night's THE AMAZING RACE

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]*********  SPOILER ALERT *********  SPOILER ALERT *********  SPOILER ALERT *********  SPOILER ALERT *********  SPOILER ALERT *********  SPOILER ALERT *********  SPOILER ALERT *********  SPOILER ALERT *********[/move]

Not the surprise ending I was expecting, but close enough.  I was expecting some sort of emotional drama from the Weavers that would somehow get them not eliminated but disqualified.  Hopefully, the extension of this leg of the race will allow the Linz Family to pull ahead and the Weaver brood to lose.

What really ticks me off are these "production problems" that have been plaguing this race that effected teams who had been in the lead and put them far behind.  It just seems so unfair that a team could potentially be eliminated for a problem with what should have been a reliable element. (Though I probably wouldn't be so ired if it had happened to the Weavers instead of the Linzes.)

I agree. I was furious with what happened to the Linz family  That was so unfair.  I wonder if they didn't do anything about it since they knew the race would continue.  But it seemed very unfair.

I'm glad I didn't know about the "surprise" since that was truly no surprise at all. They have done that before other seasons.  A surprise is something unpredictable.  But this was quite obvious half way through.

At least it looks like the Weavers get into some police trouble next week. Although that promo could be as misleading as the supposed hot air balloon crash which was truly nothing.

The Weavers are driving me crazy. I hate that they act so moral.  Yet they belittle and make fun of every other team. It's obnoxious.

Jennifer

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2005, 06:54:28 AM »

I woke up at 3am with a terrible sore throat.  This is not good, since I was supposed to go see my baby niece tonight.  Not sure how contagious what I have is (perhaps I can just be in the room with her without touching her).  Anyhow I have a doctor's appointment at 3pm, so i will ask him.  It's weird but I was feeling fine last night.  IT just really hit me all of a sudden without warning.  But it is so sore.  And even cepacol did not sooth it at all (which surprised me).

Anybody have any remedies?  So far i tried hot drinks (which felt good). And I also took a cold/sinus motrin in the middle of the night (which also helped).

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2005, 07:25:24 AM »

Good morning!

After three mornings filled with heavy gray clouds and drizzle, it was wonderful waking to beautiful blue sky and crisp temperatures. It's to be like this for a few days according to the weather prognosticators.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2005, 07:27:05 AM »

Favorite pasta dish? Unquestionably lasagna with lots of meat and cheese. No vegetarian lasagna for me!

Matt H.

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2005, 07:27:45 AM »

I am going back to HARRY POTTER with a friend today. So this is going to take up a major portion of my afternoon.

Matt H.

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2005, 07:29:55 AM »

One of the items in my Deep Discount package yesterday was the BATMAN Anthology - the four previous BATMAN films done by Tim Burton and Joel Shumacher. Supposedly, they have all been remastered, have DTS soundtracks now, and look much better than the original DVDs issued during the first year of DVD.

I took out the first one - BATMAN - and will look at part of it tonight before TV comes on.

Matt H.

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2005, 07:31:59 AM »

FOr those with HDTV and an interest in the old RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER cartoon that's been playing for decades,

CBS has upconverted the one hour show to high definition, and its premiere is tonight. I haven't seen this in many, many years, but I will watch it just to see what changes the high definition have effected.

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2005, 07:32:36 AM »

Sorry about your sore throat, DR Jennifer. Hope it feels better after your doctor visit.

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2005, 07:34:36 AM »

And on LOST, we get more backstory on Kate tonight. Can't wait for it and, of course, VERONICA MARS.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2005, 07:36:23 AM »

BTW (internet lingo for Becky Thatcher's Wimple), for those who missed FELICITY AN AMERICAN GIRL ADVENTURE last night, it's being repeated this Sunday night at 8:00 on the WB.

For all my hand-wringing yesterday about having so much to watch last night, I only looked at the first hour on MIN AND BILL on TCM (missing the last exciting ten minutes of the film) and then switched over to TAR, Tivo-ing FELICITY.  I don't feel that my life is lacking because I never learned who was Barbara Walter's most fascinating person of 2005.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2005, 07:42:39 AM »

I woke up at 3am with a terrible sore throat.  This is not good, since I was supposed to go see my baby niece tonight.  Not sure how contagious what I have is (perhaps I can just be in the room with her without touching her).  Anyhow I have a doctor's appointment at 3pm, so i will ask him.  It's weird but I was feeling fine last night.  IT just really hit me all of a sudden without warning.  But it is so sore.  And even cepacol did not sooth it at all (which surprised me).

Anybody have any remedies?  So far i tried hot drinks (which felt good). And I also took a cold/sinus motrin in the middle of the night (which also helped).

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~ ~ ~ ~ ~  SOOTHING THROAT VIBES FOR DR JENNIFER  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~[/move]

Jen, I'll e-mail my sister--she has some bizarre honey and vinegar concoction that she takes that she swears is the best sore throat cure-all.  I'll post it when she replies.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2005, 07:44:34 AM »

Good morning all.  Thank youagain for all the vibes and well wishes vixdad was very touched.

He is stayinghome resting today and seems to be doing quite well.

Welcome back to TPunk, Rodzinski and Ben... Ben we were probably only blocks away from one another on  Thanksgiving as we spent it at my brother's house in Holbrook

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2005, 07:44:55 AM »

~~~Travel Vibes!~~~ for Jose's parents
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up