Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BEDTIME FOR BONZO  (Read 26653 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:BEDTIME FOR BONZO
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2005, 07:45:28 AM »

~~~~~Excellent Rehearsal Vibes~~~~~~~~

for Jose and BK
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2005, 07:59:22 AM »

TOD:

WARNING HIGH CALORIE HIGH CHOLESTEROL RECIPE

:D

My Papa's Ham casserole....a favorite meal after the holidays (assuming you have a had a lovely large baked ham for the holidays!)

1. Cut all the available meat off your leftover ham and cut in fine or mince or grate it with your blender, food processor whatever.... (my paper had one of those old fashioned meat grinders he put it through)

2. Beat 2 whole eggs and blend into a quart of sour cream. Fold the mixture into cooked and well drained  and cooled Egg Noodles.   Add the ham

3. Take a casserole dish and coat the inside with butter.  Put the ham/sour cream/noodle mixture into the casserole dish, top with a layer of sourcream, some breadcrumbs and a sprinkling paprika

Put in the oven at 375 degrees until brown and bubbling

serve by itself with a spoonful of sour cream as a topping or with some asparagus or carrots on the side.

Left over casserole is also very lovely reheated in the frying pan and served with some fried eggies for breakfast!!!

OH!!! Soooooooooooo good!!!  :D

« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 08:02:43 AM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2005, 08:04:49 AM »

I watched Felicity last night and quite enjoyed it.  I taped it for the Vixter who was at Girl Scouts for the first hour and had to go to bed for the second hour.

I don't know why I bothered since she is already asking for the DVD!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2005, 08:08:06 AM »

The other day, BK said that he loathed Roger Ebert.

I loathe Barbara Walters.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2005, 08:17:28 AM »

Me too.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2005, 08:18:47 AM »

Good rehearsal vibes for JOSE and MR BK!!

How exciting.

Just remember that the cast in San Francisco is as excited for Mr. Haines to arrive and the cast at LACC is for Miss Williams to arrive.  Be sure to ask who Mr Haines' stand in was.

And GET that tuxedo shirt and tie, etc.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2005, 08:20:14 AM »

Chicken alfredo....mmm.....

OR a nice well-cooked shell pasta mixed with string pasta, a good tomato sauce, and a couple of chicken breasts on top, and a pork chop on the side!

Jennifer

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2005, 08:30:40 AM »

And on LOST, we get more backstory on Kate tonight. Can't wait for it and, of course, VERONICA MARS.

I probably won't get to see VERONICA MARS until friday. Hopefully we will still be allowed to view the alternate ending and vote then.

Btw, re: LOST, can someone remind me what we know of Kate's past. I thought we already knew her backstory.  I remember she visited someone at a hospital (an old boyfriend?). And then she had him let her into to viist her mom?  I remember she was on the run (for murder?). Was it an accident?  I"m only remembering bits and pieces. Although i also remember she was doing work for some man, and then took off and got caught while driving. I also vaguely remember the car overturning and her escaping. I'm probably mixing this all up.

Jennifer

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2005, 08:34:55 AM »

Oh btw, I happened to turn on Barbara Walters when she was announcing the MOST fascinating person (who i don't even think was interviewed).

You won't believe it.

It was Camilla Parker Bowles (aka Mrs. Prince Charles).

Oy.

Jennifer

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2005, 08:37:49 AM »

How weird was that. I hit post once and my message appeared 3 times!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2005, 08:38:02 AM »

Three (count 'em 3) identical posts ending in OY!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2005, 08:39:30 AM »

I've only just been able to get into this here site.

Geez, BK...the problems seem to continue unabated.

During one of my several tries since 8 a.m., I got the following message:

"Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/haineshisway/community/index.php on line 58
Too many connections"

Judging from the posts, thus far, we have not been plagued by "too many" anythings.

Oh, well.....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2005, 08:40:07 AM »

Jen, I'll e-mail my sister--she has some bizarre honey and vinegar concoction that she takes that she swears is the best sore throat cure-all.  I'll post it when she replies.

Thanks. I wouldn't normally go to the doctor on the first day.  But it just really hurt so bad, I don't want to have to go through the pain again tonight.

Actually I wanted an appointment for tomorrow. But they only had them for today!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2005, 08:42:33 AM »

I stopped by my doctor's office this morning for blood to be drawn (preparatory to an appointment next week).

The phlebotomist (aka Vampire Princess of Little Experience But Big Fangs) used a high gauge needle in her first attempt, but stuck it into a small vein...and worked it around with no luck...and, giving up, she seemingly removed it by pulling it out "against" the direction in which it was inserted.  It still burns and throbs.

A smaller gauge needle in the other arm did the trick nicely.

But the first try has me bummed for now.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 08:45:01 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2005, 08:48:41 AM »

I really, truly enjoyed the finale to "The Biggest Loser."  With a couple of exceptions, the contestants on this version were highly successful regardless of when they left the show during competition.

Several of them lost 40-plus percent of their starting weights.

I was particularly pleased for the winner who, from the first show of this season, struck me as a supremely unhappy person.   As the weeks went by, you could see the fire ignite within him.  He deserved his victory, and the two runners-up were no less inspired/inspiring.  

The first season's show had nowhere NEAR the stunning results for the contestants as this season's.  

« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 08:49:12 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2005, 08:54:23 AM »

I woke up at 3am with a terrible sore throat.  This is not good, since I was supposed to go see my baby niece tonight.  Not sure how contagious what I have is (perhaps I can just be in the room with her without touching her).  Anyhow I have a doctor's appointment at 3pm, so i will ask him.  It's weird but I was feeling fine last night.  IT just really hit me all of a sudden without warning.  But it is so sore.  And even cepacol did not sooth it at all (which surprised me).

Anybody have any remedies?  So far i tried hot drinks (which felt good). And I also took a cold/sinus motrin in the middle of the night (which also helped).

1.  Don't visit with your niece tonight.  She won't be any the wiser.  What is plaguing you may be airborne and not reliant on touch.

2.  The best home remedy I know of for extreme sore throats is frequent (every hour or two, as needed) gargling with very warm salt water (i.e., use salt you have in your kitchen and dissolve it into really warm water...not scaldingly hot because you'll be gargling it).

3.  Don't go anywhere.  Rest, take plenty of liquids (swallowing them...NOT the salt water), take aspirin as directed on the product's instructions.

4.  Accept good health vibes from sundry and all, including me (moi aussi)!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2005, 09:10:16 AM »

I woke up at 3am with a terrible sore throat....
Is there, or has there ever been, such a thing as a wonderful sore throat?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2005, 09:10:40 AM »

~~~ Healthy Throat Vibes for DR Jennifer!! ~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2005, 09:11:36 AM »

If a woman can be a hussy, is her male equivalent called a huss?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2005, 09:15:20 AM »

FOr those with HDTV and an interest in the old RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER cartoon that's been playing for decades,

CBS has upconverted the one hour show to high definition, and its premiere is tonight. I haven't seen this in many, many years, but I will watch it just to see what changes the high definition have effected.
For once and for all, we'll learn that Rudolph's red nose was really a severe case of acne.

Jennifer

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2005, 09:21:15 AM »

Is there, or has there ever been, such a thing as a wonderful sore throat?

Well sometimes it doesn't hurt as bad! :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2005, 09:22:22 AM »

I think the host of this here site is having server problems and is not admitting them.  When I finally got an e-mail response from them yesterday (hours after the problems had been fixed) it said, "Loads fine for us."  Well, I'm sorry, they'd already FIXED it by then - and it was absolutely a problem on their end because it was down via AOL, safari, IE and every other browser known to man.  

Jennifer

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2005, 09:24:40 AM »

1.  Don't visit with your niece tonight.  She won't be any the wiser.  What is plaguing you may be airborne and not reliant on touch.

Well I guess it depends on what I have. I will ask the doctor and if he says I cannot go tonight then I won't go.  Although I am supposed to be bringing dinner. And the baby's father is also sick.

2.The best home remedy I know of for extreme sore throats is frequent (every hour or two, as needed) gargling with very warm salt water (i.e., use salt you have in your kitchen and dissolve it into really warm water...not scaldingly hot because you'll be gargling it).

I never do this, but i will try it.

3.  Don't go anywhere.  Rest, take plenty of liquids (swallowing them...NOT the salt water), take aspirin as directed on the product's instructions.

I have been drinking a ton. And i have been taking advil. But i don't want to take anything else today in case I have to get antibiotics later.

Thanks.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2005, 09:25:54 AM »

Der Brucer doesn't really like pasta all that much.  So I don't cook it all that often.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2005, 09:29:46 AM »

My friend flaked out on me for lunch, but we are still going to the movie. I have to get something in my stomach and then head off to the theater.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

vixmom

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2005, 09:30:51 AM »

~~Healthy thraat vibes~~~ for Jennifer

and I agree with Ron... Don't go see the baby... congestion and a sore throat can be a very bad thing for babies  who will cry and makes their throat sorer and cannot blow their tiny wee nosies themselves .

Tell them to order out for dinner...

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2005, 09:31:39 AM »

Today is Computer Security Day.

So wrap your computer in a blanket and make it feel more secure.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2005, 09:36:00 AM »

~~Healthy thraat vibes~~~ for Jennifer

and I agree with Ron... Don't go see the baby... congestion and a sore throat can be a very bad thing for babies  who will cry and makes their throat sorer and cannot blow their tiny wee nosies themselves .

Tell them to order out for dinner...

Or, prepare dinner, take it to them and then return home.  She doesn't need to be around the father, either.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2005, 09:37:00 AM »

SPOILER

SPOILER re: Law & ORDER: SVU

I'm wondering whether last night's events will become an issue in a later episode this season.

Olivia is clearly flirting with disaster.  I think it's interesting that the writers chose to portray the feds as thuggish oafs more interested in covering up scary events by making everyone involved "disappear" rather than giving the public the information it needs to protect itself.

I guess I'm naive enough to think that this is more one of those ultra-leftist sentiments than it is any reflection of the reality.  Still.....

R
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 09:56:02 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2005, 09:42:22 AM »

Good throat vibes for DRJENNIFER.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up