Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BEDTIME FOR BONZO  (Read 26650 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:BEDTIME FOR BONZO
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2005, 03:32:42 PM »

Wow!  What a slow "news" day here at the Way of Haines His....dot Com.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2005, 04:10:31 PM »

Page 5 dance:

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2005, 04:11:26 PM »

We have a HUGE storm brewing out in the Pacific and the clouds are scudding in across the Bay as I write this.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2005, 04:12:12 PM »

I see that Jennifer is lurking.

I'm wondering how she's feeling and whether she saw a doctor.

Are things well, Jen???

Jennifer

« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2005, 04:18:02 PM »

Hey thanks for the vibes.

My doctor's appointment was pretty much a disaster.  My appointment was at 3pm, but I called at 2:45pm and they said she was behind. So i got there at 3:15pm.  Unfortunately her 3:15pm appointment got there before me, and they accidently took her ahead of me (i was not happy about this).

Anyhow I think I waited maybe an hour, I'm not too sure. But unfortunately while I was waiting I got really sick.  My bones were aching, I had the chills and it got really bad.  I went up and told the receptionist that I was not doing too well, and asked her if I could take the advil I had in my purse.  I was told I shouldn't do this since it might interfere with some of the tests they were going to do.

Well when I thought I was next, I said I could wait. But then they called the wrong person, and I almost lost it. I was in so much pain, my throat was killing, i was shaking in the waiting room. It was sort of embarrassing.

Well the doctor saw me, and did a long exam.  Then she sent me for a strepe test. The 10 minute one came back negative. But there is still a 10% chance the 24 hour one could be positive.

Anyhow she said I have to take a bunch of blood tests (for white cell count, thyroids, and mono). And I could either pay $150 and have it done there, or go to the hospital tomorrow for free.  So now i have to go tomorrow.

She gave me some rinse and some tylenol type meds for the pain.  Anyhow, i get home, and am not doing well. And she calls and said she was thinking about my case, and she is not sure if she will get the blood results on friday. So she thought since i was in so much pain, that she would give me antibiotics. And she asked if i could go back.

I was really doing poorly by this point and asked if i could wait till tomorrow. She said she thought it would really help if I got it tonight.  But I really couldn't go.  Anyhow I asked my dad if he would go. And he did (thank goodness).

So i'm feeling a bit better now, although i was crying an hour ago cause it hurt so much. And i'm sure the possible side effect of drowsiness will hit me. It always does. I have a very weak tolerance to meds and anything makes me drowsy.

Jennifer

« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2005, 04:21:07 PM »

Oh and re: seeing the baby. Well obviously if there is even a chance that it is strepe then i will not see her.  And i was feeling so lousy there was no way i would go.

But i did ask the pharmacist how long i should stay away. And she said that assuming it's not strepe, it's actually not that harmful to be near anyone. It's only contagious through touching.  And that if I purelled after every time i blew my nose, and before i touch her, then there is really no way to catch anything through breathing on someone.

That is what the doc told me last time too.  Although i would not take any chances.  I actually started to cry when I called my sis and heard the baby in the background. I am very close to my niece and see her probably 4 times a week. So it's very hard to stay away.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2005, 04:22:38 PM »

Look what I just found:

www.playbill.com/news/article/96529.html

Somehow, I missed the film version of WHAT IF?  I did see a video version of the show (recorded for educational purposes only), but no film.  I really need to get out of the closet more.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jennifer

« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2005, 04:22:57 PM »

I see that Jennifer is lurking.

I'm wondering how she's feeling and whether she saw a doctor.

Are things well, Jen???

Things suck, but thanks for asking!

Btw, re: PRISON BREAK starting in march. I am happy about that. I wish it would start again in January. But March is better than May.  I would really recommend this show to everyone.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2005, 04:25:11 PM »

Jennifer:  Take your antibiotics as directed (i.e. until they are all gone).

Get rest.

Eat comfort foods.

Stay warm.

And get well.

Jennifer

« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2005, 04:28:09 PM »

Eat comfort foods.

Stay warm.

The funny thing is i'm not even hungry (and i love food). All i've had today are two Cup-A-Soups, and i'm not even remotely hungry.

As for staying warm, it is actually very warm here the past few days (i think yesterday was 55F).  Maybe it's the change in temp that has made me sick.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2005, 04:28:31 PM »

Possible spoiler since I have not actually seen or read the play

Flashback sequences!!!! :D

I actually did a play one time (in dinner theater) that required me to do a flashback.  Talk about a nightmare, I had to dive off stage when the lights flickered, run around behind the set tearing off my clothes and redressing in a different outfit, and magically appear at the front door without appearing to be winded.  God, I hated that play!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 04:39:04 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2005, 04:53:57 PM »

I actually did a play one time (in dinner theater) that required me to do a flashback.  Talk about a nightmare, I had to dive off stage when the lights flickered, run around behind the set tearing off my clothes and redressing in a different outfit, and magically appear at the front door without appearing to be winded.  God, I hated that play!

But I'll bet you were magical in it!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2005, 05:10:35 PM »

I really need to get out of the closet more.[/size]

I thought that was a space you didn't even know about.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2005, 05:23:13 PM »

I thought that was a space you didn't even know about.

Oh, I have yet to venture out!
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #134 on: November 30, 2005, 05:45:54 PM »

Good Evening!

Good rehearsal.  Good run-thru!  -And it's soooo nice to know that we won't have to worry about cutting anything due to time restraints once we move into the theatre tomorrow.  The past two shows, South Pacific and Camelot had their share of cuts due to the possibility of overtime looming in the air (i.e. - anything over three hours).  We're at about 2 hours and 35 minutes!  HOO and RAY!  We are soooo ready to move into the theatre.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2005, 05:47:00 PM »

Hmmm... Megan Mullally is either very heavily medicated and/or not giving a sh*t about hosting the Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting Ceremony on NBC.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2005, 05:55:01 PM »

AND...

I received an e-mail from a dear, dear friend of mine earlier today - it was waiting for me in my eInbox when I got home.  And it turns out he just moved to the DC area!  So... I went ahead and called him, and we caught up for a bit.  -It's been about a two years since we've talked.

I met him about eight or nine years ago at an audition.  He's an actor/singer - and a great singer at that!  We immediately hit it off - one of those instant friendship situations.  Nothing romantic, just a good buddy from moment one.*  And he's always been a great supporter of my career and talent - good for the ego.  We would see each other at auditions throughout the year, but he got out of the biz a few years ago, so we haven't seen each other in person in a while.

Well... His e-mail and that phone call truly made my day!  -And it was already going well as it was.  Hopefully, we'll be able to get together for dinner sometime soon - after I'm done with tech week - or maybe even as soon as this Monday (my day off).

*-Not that I wouldn't mind being romantically involved with him.  -Alas, he moved to DC with his new boyfriend.  Ah, well.  ;)

However, I really am soooo happy to know that we'll be getting together soon.  He's just such a good guy.  One of those people who's presence automatically makes me happy and feel good about myself.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2005, 05:56:32 PM »

...And the really "weird" part about hearing from Justin (see above post) tonight, was that I was just talking about him today with one of the guys in the cast who's worked with him a few times.

Spooky!

-But in a good way.

Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2005, 05:56:37 PM »

Hey MattH, we were just talking about this yesterday...DIMPLES, THE LITTLEST REBEL, and THE LITTLE COLONEL are coming to DVD March 21!

I have never seen DIMPLES!

MBarnum

« Reply #139 on: November 30, 2005, 06:12:50 PM »

Actress Wendie Jo Sperber died yesterday at age 46 after an 8 year battle with breast cancer  :-\

I always thought she was a very funny actress...BOSOM BUDDIES, PRIVATE BENJAMIN, etc....

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2005, 06:49:26 PM »

OH!... The Topic of the Day was favorite Pasta Dishes... not just Dishes...  Well...

A good lasagna is hard to come by, so when one comes along.... YUM!

Otherwise, pumpkin ravioli with a sage butter sauce...  Orecchietti with spicy Italian sausage, broccoli rabe and ricotta cheese (and lots of garlic)... Penne a la Vodka.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2005, 06:52:16 PM »

As for tonight's "Lost"...

WOW!!!

*And there's still one more chapter to go!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2005, 06:52:18 PM »

Sad news....she was also in the HBO series that had scenes from old tv shows....can't remember the title.

Dame Edna is coming on Bravo!

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2005, 06:53:03 PM »

Re-connects are great, DRJOSE.  So what is Justin doing INSTEAD of show biz?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2005, 07:02:57 PM »

And I repeat....

WOW!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2005, 07:14:20 PM »

Re-connects are great, DRJOSE.  So what is Justin doing INSTEAD of show biz?

He's actually trying to get into Arts Administration.  He went back and got some other degree about two years ago, then ended up working for Dell Computers for a year.  And he left that job a month ago, and decided to move to the DC area.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to get him to sing again, somehow, somewhere.   The last time I played for him was in NYC at Sam's. It was the pianist's - Ken Lundy - birthday, and a lot of people in the biz were there that evening.  Lots of agents.  And lots of people trying to get agents.  Justin had shown up to sing - and was promised a spot in the lineup that night.  Well, people - guest stars - just kept dropping in all evening - especially after they had just finished their shows on and off Broadway.  The place was starting to get ready to close up, and Justin had still not sung.  And there was an agent who had hung out waiting to hear him and another friend of him sing.  Well...

Ken wanted to start packing up his things and birthday gifts... And Justin still wanted to sing.  So, I happily volunteered to play for him and his friend.  We did a couple of songs, and the remaining audience members really liked him.  And so did the agent.  -And the agent actually liked me too!  By the time we hit the sidewalk, it was around 1:30am!

It was a really cool evening, and a great weeekend.  I believe we were up there in February 2002 - myself, Steve and our friends Paul and Chris - both of whom had never been to New York City before.  We did a lot of sightseeing, and we saw The Full Monty.

Ah, memories.

Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2005, 07:19:54 PM »

DID FREDDY MAKE IT HOME?????

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2005, 07:20:15 PM »

Good health vibes to DR Jennifer and anyone else who needs it

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2005, 07:21:31 PM »

I'm using my new laptop. It has a widescreen display which is really wierd. The screen is really big, but the letters are really small. I have it adjusted to the largest letters, but that only makes the icons etc big, the letters on the websites etc are still really small.  Not sure I like that.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2005, 07:32:15 PM »

I'm back, I'm back!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up