Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MALADY LINGERS ON  (Read 31945 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE MALADY LINGERS ON
« Reply #150 on: December 09, 2005, 03:14:12 PM »

Alias wouldn't have done better, because people have had it with the show.  Again, cockiness has killed what was a fun and interesting show for two seasons.  Of course, what they all forgot to tell us was that J.J. Abrams, who created it and did the bible for those seasons, left the show.  If he'd remained, I doubt Miss Garner would have become a "director" and then a pregnant "producer".  No one on the show seems to have a clew as to why it was such giddy fun in the first place.

Alias est morte.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #151 on: December 09, 2005, 03:31:45 PM »

DR elmore - I won't be heading up this Monday.  I just know I'm going to be too tired after this week of tech rehearsals and first previews.  -And I have to be back by 11:00am on Tuesday for more rehearsals, so...

However, I will be up the following Monday... and I won't have to head back until Tuesday afternoon.  Hope to catch up with you in person then.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: December 09, 2005, 03:33:29 PM »

...And as for Edie Falco pulling out of Threepenny...  Hmm... I thought it was strange "timing" as it was...  I mean, I knew the "final" season of "The Sopranos" was to start filming again sometime "soon", so...

???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: December 09, 2005, 03:34:13 PM »

DR Tomovoz - Thank you for your Christmas "card". :)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2005, 03:41:07 PM »

I am watching Mr. Paul Bartel's ever so wacky Death Race 2000.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #155 on: December 09, 2005, 03:42:30 PM »

And as for Christmas, Holiday, Channukah, etc. cards...

When I wish someone "Merry Christmas", I'm not wishing them a "Happy Anniversary of Jesus' Birth Day"...  I'm simply wishing them a "Hope You Have A Wonderful Time During The Final Weeks Of The Year"... or something like that.  ;)

I do buy both Christmas and Holiday cards... But I base most of my decisions on the card design and not necessarily the sentiment inscribed in it.

"Merry Christmas" is the tradition I grew up with.  And that's the tradition I wish to keep.  And if I do happen to offend someone by sending them a "Christmas" card, I would hope that they would take a second to consider that just the fact that I sent them a card - any card - is a sign that I am thinking about them this time of year.

...Of course, the past couple of years, I've meant to send out boxes of cards, but only end up getting a few, if any, in the mail.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: December 09, 2005, 03:46:28 PM »

...And I guess we ended up with about three to four inches of snow this morning in my parents' neighborhood.  Thankfully, by the time I had to head out, the streets had been plowed and/or cleared by all the driving, and my car windows just needed a minor "dusting" since most of the snow had already melted thanks to the sun(light).

...But it sure did look pretty!
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #157 on: December 09, 2005, 03:56:34 PM »

Classic watching King Kong for the first time comment department (courtesy of my 9 year old):  "How could they not know that was a stegosaurus??"
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #158 on: December 09, 2005, 03:56:44 PM »

Well.. Back to the Salt Mines... I mean Purgatory... I mean Limbo... I mean Hell... I mean the Dugout... I mean the Bull Pen... I mean...  Well, I mean under the stage - literally - the pit...

*For each production, we name the pit area something different, something show-related.  For South Pacific it was "The Bubble Room" (I'm still not sure how we came up with that one).  For Camelot it was "The Dungeon" - or something like that.  I'll see what the Stage Manager calls it tonight when she makes her "Musicians to the 'Pit'" announcement.

;-)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #159 on: December 09, 2005, 04:38:06 PM »

DEATH RACE: I love Stallone's entrance as Machine Gun Joe Viterbo. Just firing bullets willy nilly into the crowd.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #160 on: December 09, 2005, 04:40:30 PM »

Well, I have returned from the doctor with some meds and a generally clean bill of health pending one more test, so, good news.

Vixmom, I took TPunk out for a nice dinner after she finished her final exams, so she has been feted.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2005, 04:41:28 PM »

I never understood the concept of the Sopranos disappearing for so long. But I was never into the show.

I'm sure the hype will swirl and draw people back in.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2005, 04:54:12 PM »

I never understood the concept of the Sopranos disappearing for so long. But I was never into the show.

I'm sure the hype will swirl and draw people back in.

I can't wait!  I LOVE IT!  I also look forward to DEADWOOD.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2005, 05:00:37 PM »

I just uploaded a new avatar, because it is one great pic of the family in front of the military museum building named after my Dad.  Since it's wide, it transfers to avatar land a little on the small side, but here it is a little bigger:

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jed

« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2005, 05:05:13 PM »

Well, I have returned from the doctor with some meds and a generally clean bill of health pending one more test, so, good news.

Good news, indeed!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

FJL

« Reply #165 on: December 09, 2005, 05:20:45 PM »

Rodzinski - So great to hear that.  The medical stuff, that is (not that you're not taking TPUNK out to another special dinner for her straight A's).

MBarnum

« Reply #166 on: December 09, 2005, 05:26:15 PM »

My professor just emailed me my final grade- the grades for my classes are now all in- straight A's!

Just one more semester to go and then I will have letters after my name.

Wow TPunk that is fantastic! I knew you were a smart cookie! Soon you will be able to prove it!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 05:46:49 PM by MBarnum »

JMK

« Reply #167 on: December 09, 2005, 05:28:52 PM »

TPunkm

Evidently she already has at least one letter after her name.   ;)  ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #168 on: December 09, 2005, 05:48:23 PM »

Lol JMK!

I fixed!

Although TPunk'n would be a good name! I shall call her that for now on!

MBarnum

« Reply #169 on: December 09, 2005, 05:49:05 PM »

I took a loooooooooooooooooong nap this afternoon!

MBarnum

« Reply #170 on: December 09, 2005, 05:57:33 PM »

I tend to also choose my cards for the graphics and looking at the 10 boxes of Christmas cards that I have....some say Merry Christmas...some say Season's Greetings...some say Happy Holidays...

If I worked with the public I, myself, would most certainly refrain from saying "Merry Christmas" to anyone unless I was certain that they celebrated it. Happy Holidays would seem more appropriate and inclusive as this season does have more then one holiday going on. Just my opinion.

I know, from reading letters to the editor, that some people get very upset about "Happy Holidays"...which I find silly.

I am agnostic by I do celebrate Christmas. Of course if I had more Jewish friends here in Oregon I would celebrate any and all Jewish holidays...same with Hindu holidays, Muslim holidays, or any other holidays if I had the opportunity! I think it would be fun!

MBarnum

« Reply #171 on: December 09, 2005, 06:00:11 PM »

Media check:

DVD: HOLIDAY AFFAIR episode of LUX VIDEO THEATER

CD: Compilation CDs by JRand55 and my friend Dave who lives up in Washington.

VCR: Last nights SURVIVOR.

MBarnum

« Reply #172 on: December 09, 2005, 06:04:00 PM »

My Bollywood movie for the weekend...which I started watching prior to my looooooooooooooong nap... RAJA JANI (1970) starring Dharmendra, Hema Malina, Johnny Walker, and Premnath.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: December 09, 2005, 06:09:09 PM »

I shall now be on my way to rehearsal, after which I shall return.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #174 on: December 09, 2005, 06:09:33 PM »

Elan the photo is precious.  I’m looking forward to more photos in the future.  Congratulations!

TPunk congratulations!  While I’m not surprised, I’m very happy for you.

Jed

« Reply #175 on: December 09, 2005, 06:15:20 PM »

I know, from reading letters to the editor, that some people get very upset about "Happy Holidays"...which I find silly.

I am agnostic by I do celebrate Christmas. Of course if I had more Jewish friends here in Oregon I would celebrate any and all Jewish holidays...same with Hindu holidays, Muslim holidays, or any other holidays if I had the opportunity! I think it would be fun!

To clarify my own comments from earlier, I have no problem with "Happy Holidays" and such, I just don't see the need for such furor against "Merry Christmas."
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

FJL

« Reply #176 on: December 09, 2005, 06:17:03 PM »

Am I the only one who sees the name of the movie MBarnum is watching - RAJA JANI - and thinks of the Jewish new year Rosh Hashana?

Maybe Raja Jani should be a cause for celebration.

FJL

« Reply #177 on: December 09, 2005, 06:21:32 PM »

Happy Raja Jani, everybody!  

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #178 on: December 09, 2005, 06:23:08 PM »

Question for anyone of Jewish background:  I have long been told, by my Jewish friends, that they are bemused by the commercialization...and elevation...of Hanukkah alongside Christmas.  They have told me that Hanukkah was always a minor holiday on the Jewish calendar and that it has been inflated into something that it was never meant to be.

Also, there has been talk (oh, yes! Talk!) that Christians should acquire some proportion on their own sense of Christmas when they jump on the everything-is-equal bandwagon this time of year.

But...I say these things not to offend, but to acquiree ask for thoughts from others in this forum....i.e. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I’m not offended at all.  It is actually an interesting question.

When we lived in Connecticut I went to a meeting led by a Rabbi to discuss Jews and the holidays and how to deal with them.  He felt the importance of Chanukah should be downplayed and not used simply to compete with Christmas.  It made sense to me.  Then he said Jews should never celebrate Christmas or have a tree, even if we keep religion out of it.  At that moment I was reminded of why we did not join his temple.

SWW for the most part I refer to the holidays, not a particular one.  That works fine until Chanukah and then I switch to Christmas.  This year it will be in reverse, Holiday until the 25th and then I shall switch to Chanukah.  

Tomovoz

« Reply #179 on: December 09, 2005, 06:25:18 PM »

To clarify my own comments from earlier, I have no problem with "Happy Holidays" and such, I just don't see the need for such furor against "Merry Christmas."
OR "Mary Christmas" and "Marry Christmas"?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up