Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DIABOLICAL GLEE  (Read 52451 times)

Ginny

Re:DIABOLICAL GLEE
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2005, 12:07:54 PM »

DR JRand - Congratulations on your Cruiser!  Does it have a name?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2005, 12:10:07 PM »

JRand congratulations on your new car.  May you have many good years together.  Might a new bed be next on your shopping list? ;D

Maybe....after hearing DR JMK's story, I am not so sure.  :o
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

FJL

« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2005, 12:10:57 PM »

Jane, I think that was me with the UPS runaround due to the horrible state of emergency that FedEx somehow managed to handle easily.

And yes, the package was delivered today.  :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2005, 12:13:57 PM »

Hmmmm.....DR GINNY....I will have to consider a name for it....

I am thinking Carroll....since it's white and Miss Baker was so lovely in white as Harlow. :)

FJL

« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2005, 12:14:43 PM »

Oh, I see in the notes that BK also had a UPS problem.

As to UPS vs. FedEx, I can't recall ever having or hearing of FedEx problems in terms of delivery date.  They're a little late sometimes on the due date, but I'm not aware of their delaying deliveries by a whole day.  But I hear of a lot of UPS problems.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 12:18:12 PM by FJL »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2005, 12:25:33 PM »

What the Mona Lisa does when the Museum is closed.  ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2005, 12:49:02 PM »

What the Mona Lisa does when the Museum is closed.  ;D

DRJRand55, I love it!  The car's nice, too.

Interesting press conference from Mayor Bloomberg.  He's pissed at Mr Toussaint and the TWU!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2005, 12:54:47 PM »

I read that, too, DR ELMORE.  Someone may be spending XMAS in the clink! :P
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 12:55:10 PM by JRand55 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2005, 12:57:44 PM »

Damn, I thought the new car would make me look skinnier.

DR JOSE - I loved your conducting story.  I am sure you are famous now for the HEART Tacit & Ritard!  And your Secret Santa certainly KNOWS you pretty well!!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2005, 01:18:17 PM »

Great new car, DR JRand. May  it give you years and years of trouble-free service.

BTW, is that WHITE GRASS you're standing on. We have only the green kind in the Carolinas.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2005, 01:20:03 PM »

Hilarious Mona Lisa pic, DR JRand.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2005, 01:21:28 PM »

Roger Toussaint is on television quoting Rosa Parks and demanding respect for his workers.  They're not all black, but he is, and he's carrying on about Ms Parks and Martin Luther King Day.  To hear him rave, you'd think all the workers were waiting for Abe Lincoln to show up and free the transit workers from their harsh treatment.  I don't understand all this griping about the "treatment" of transit workers:  they applied for the job, they're making relatively good money, and they've got insurance for themselves and their families.  It may not send their kids to an exclusive private school without scholarship, but it isn't sweatshop work.  I hope this strike, if nothing else, forces the union to get rid of this jerk.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2005, 01:21:51 PM »

Well, packages are all wrapped, I'm all clean and dressed and ready for the party tonight, and my dear friend Jeff (the one with the infamous storage pod) is picking me up tonight, so I don't even have to drive! That's the best Christmas present I could get!  :)

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2005, 01:23:53 PM »

Speaking of packages, I finally got a couple today. SOme Christmas presents and something I bought off Ebay (not a DVD). So, at least I know the mail service IS kind of working. Yesterday, I got  a circular and a Christmas card. I was starting to think my mailman was already off on his Christmas vacation.

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2005, 01:25:26 PM »

ENjoyed four MURDER SHE WROTE episodes today starring the likes of Van Johnson, Carol Lawrence, Doug McKeon, Cliff Gorman, et al.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2005, 01:26:26 PM »

BTW, a day or two ago, one of the episodes from the second season was entitled "Keep the Home Fries Burning." I laughed out loud when I saw it, and I've been meaning tio mention it here for the last couple of days and kept forgetting.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2005, 01:35:50 PM »

Great new car, DR JRand. May  it give you years and years of trouble-free service.

BTW, is that WHITE GRASS you're standing on. We have only the green kind in the Carolinas.

Thanks, DR MATTH.....me, too!

For some reason we have white grass from November through March.  At least we don't have to mow it!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2005, 01:36:44 PM »

Roger Toussaint is on television quoting Rosa Parks and demanding respect for his workers.  They're not all black, but he is, and he's carrying on about Ms Parks and Martin Luther King Day.  To hear him rave, you'd think all the workers were waiting for Abe Lincoln to show up and free the transit workers from their harsh treatment.  I don't understand all this griping about the "treatment" of transit workers:  they applied for the job, they're making relatively good money, and they've got insurance for themselves and their families.  It may not send their kids to an exclusive private school without scholarship, but it isn't sweatshop work.  I hope this strike, if nothing else, forces the union to get rid of this jerk.

This is a VERY strange performance by this guy.  Who will play him in the Lifetime movie?  Or will Jamie Foxx make a BIG SCREEN epic out of it?

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2005, 01:50:05 PM »

Damn, I thought the new car would make me look skinnier.

Why, If you were any thinner and you would be darn near invisible!

I love how you, the car and the ground all match!  Quite the fashion statement!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2005, 01:53:24 PM »

I agree.  Any sympathy I had for the workers and their union (I hate the MTA) has completely dried up and blown away due to the ianane anctics of this moron.

Were these transist workers forced underground to take these menial. well paid, jobs complete with guaranteed health benefits, vacations, sick time, comp time, lifetime employment  and  pensions?  Where do I sign up?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »

I went to work today! And Rodzinski did too.  I was fortunate to get a ride from a co-worker today and will get one tomorrow too.  Rodzinski hopped aboard a gypsy cab, drove around til they found an extra person and got a ride to Penn Station.  From there he took the LIRR to Queens (a reverse commute from what most others are doing)  Unfortunately, I will not have the pleasure of his company tonight.  He is spending the night with a friend in Queens so that he can more easily get to work in the morning.  GMHC and I have written eachother off for the week.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2005, 02:13:53 PM »

I agree.  Any sympathy I had for the workers and their union (I hate the MTA) has completely dried up and blown away due to the ianane anctics of this moron.

Were these transist workers forced underground to take these menial. well paid, jobs complete with guaranteed health benefits, vacations, sick time, comp time, lifetime employment  and  pensions?  Where do I sign up?

Let us not forget that their jobs do not require any secondary education and therefore they have no student loans to repay.  In May I will walk away with approximately 35 thousand in student loans from grad school.  My starting salary as a social worker will be SIGNIFICANTLY lower than that of the average MTA worker... I really don't know how I'm going to stop myself from sneering in the face of my bus driver when this is all over...  :P

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2005, 02:25:48 PM »

Congrats on your new ride, DR JRand!  And how very smart to buy a car that matched your outfit!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2005, 02:31:11 PM »

Congratulations on the new car, JRand!!  A PT Cruiser is the kind of car that my dad would LOVE to have.  Someday, if I ever win the lottery, I'm going to get him one...a top-of-the-line model. ;D Of course, I would have to actually buy a lottery ticket, but the sentiment is there. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2005, 02:34:02 PM »

I'm heading to the den for a little R&R before the big evening.

WBB (much) L.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2005, 02:36:56 PM »

TOD:

I don't recall a lame gift, either.  I've received gifts that just weren't me--a book about China, The Nutty Professor II on DVD, a Metalica Concert T-Shirt.  I've also received gifts that weren't for me--my one aunt was famous for mistagging the gifts she brought.   I've opened packages from her that contained my dad's flannel shirts and a cousin's Barbie doll (that got some big laughs--all directed my way.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2005, 02:45:28 PM »

Off for an evening of Information Waitressing and the actual IW poet is subbing in our department tonight!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2005, 02:57:37 PM »

The only lame gift that I can remember getting was during our annual (at the time "Christmas," now) "Holiday Potluck and Gift Exchange," here at work.  The way we do it is to bring a wrapped gift and walk around and exchange it for another wrapped gift that someone else has.  No one knows what any of the other gifts are.  Everyone exchanges wrapped gifts, trying to guess what they might be and if they're worth trying to keep ;), until 10:00 break where we all get together and open what we're stuck with.

When I first started working here, however, they were giving white elephant (crappy on purpose) gifts but a few people got some really nice things and the rest of us were a little upset.  So we changed it to regular (nice) gifts.  Since no one knows who is going to get the gift that you bring, it has to be something that anyone could enjoy (and about 75% of the people who work here are women...keep that in mind).  Well, one year about 10 years ago, we do the gift exchange and I ended up with Old Spice Aftershave! :o Okay, I'll admit that I actually like the smell, but what if one of the women had gotten it...one of the women who might not have a man (husband, friend, etc.) to give it to...one of the lesbians who work here??  That would not have been a good thing, especially since we had been giving nice presents for quite a while.  So after that year, we had to specify that the gifts had to be non-gender-specific.  That was the lamest gift that I ever got...more from the situation than the actual gift itself. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jason

« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2005, 02:58:51 PM »

OK...so I'm going to pat myself on the back for this one...

I couldn't get a cab home, so guess who walked 6 miles home in less than 2 hours? ME! I just put on some ABBA in my mini-disc player and went to town. Well, went to Queens. I never imagined I'd be able to walk that far and not feel completely beaten down. I'm tired, but other than that, I'm fine. The walk was a lot easier seeing several thousand other people walking with me. And I even ran into a friend of mine who was walking TO Manhattan! It's a small world...

And now I'm really ready for the strike to end.

Jason

« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2005, 02:59:54 PM »

Lesbians like Old Spice, don't they? Or is that Grey Flannel...? :-X
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up