Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: A BEAN BURRITO GONE AWRY  (Read 45831 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:A BEAN BURRITO GONE AWRY
« Reply #90 on: December 26, 2005, 04:27:13 PM »

Of course I find Mr Broderick way more attractive than I do Mrs Broderick.

Me too!  Why he had to marry that skinny, horsey-faced woman when he could have had me!

I blame DR WFO

I wanted to go see Torch Song  Trilogy  off Broadway when his friend was in it and we could have gone backstage and Matthew would have met me and fallen madly in love with me and I would have been living the lifestyle of the rich and famous......

but NOOOOOOOO we had to see PIAF.

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Cillaliz

« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2005, 04:28:11 PM »

FUDGE! Reading about BK eating DR Jane's fudge has made me very hungry for some.  I'm going to check my care package from my mom and if there isn't any in there, I may have to go to the store and get the ingredients.  I'm sure Sam will want some sweets....yeah, that's the ticket....it's for Sam!!

vixmom

« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2005, 04:32:14 PM »

FUDGE! Reading about BK eating DR Jane's fudge has made me very hungry for some.  I'm going to check my care package from my mom and if there isn't any in there, I may have to go to the store and get the ingredients.  I'm sure Sam will want some sweets....yeah, that's the ticket....it's for Sam!!

Cillaliz... Ihaven;t caught up yet... did you definitely get the house?

vixmom

« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2005, 04:33:44 PM »

George... I got your package on Saturday afternoon... thank you for the Christmas present!!! I listened to it while I was cleaning cooking etc  thank you!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2005, 05:10:25 PM »

George... I got your package on Saturday afternoon... thank you for the Christmas present!!! I listened to it while I was cleaning cooking etc  thank you!!

You're welcome!  I'm glad you liked it.  I haven't burned my own copy, yet.  Fortunately, it's still on my computer harddrive. :)

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2005, 05:11:25 PM »

Of course I find Mr Broderick way more attractive than I do Mrs Broderick.

Or Mr. Wilder. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #96 on: December 26, 2005, 05:15:56 PM »

MR BK - the Edward R Murrow picture...I think it's called Good Night and Good Luck - was DR CP's choice for favorite picture this year....I think.  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2005, 05:16:37 PM »

Will Ferrell in the part that Kenneth Mars played.....how do you compare?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2005, 05:16:58 PM »

Watching The Country Girl.

George

« Reply #99 on: December 26, 2005, 05:25:28 PM »

I saw "The Producers" last night (for free!) and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  It was the 10:25 p.m. showing (I didn't get out to my car until almost 1:00 a.m.) and there was a sizable audience, most of whom thoroughly enjoyed it as well.  There were several people who were literally slapping their knees because they thought it was so funny.  I never slapped my knee, but I did laugh out loud quite a few times.  The "flatness" of the filming didn't bother me.  I've said it before and I'll say it again...my standards are pretty low ;).  I've seen a lot of stage shows filmed for television, and having read reviews that criticized it for looking like that, I was expecting it and wasn't disappointed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2005, 05:30:38 PM »

One post in one hour - this will NOT do, I'm afraid.

George

« Reply #101 on: December 26, 2005, 05:31:10 PM »

Today, I went to see "King Kong."  It's long...three hours long...but for the most part, worth it.  The entire dinosaur sequences and all of the giant bug scenes were totally over the top and seemed like they could be in a completely different King Kong movie.  If the dinosaurs and the bugs could be cut way down, it probably would be the right length for me.  Otherwise, it was very good.  All of the special effects were great and the beginning of the movie setting up the Depression era was very well done.  I vaguely remember seeing the original movie on TV when I was a kid and I never saw the Jessica Lange version, so I don't know what the differences are between those and this new version.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2005, 05:31:55 PM »

I meant to post the above a half-hour ago.  Since then we've had some lovely posts.

George

« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2005, 05:40:12 PM »

These are the best films that I've seen this year (there are only eight):

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
King Kong
Latter Days (DVD)
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Mysterious Skin (DVD)
The Producers
Red Eye
Rent

Tomovoz

« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2005, 05:43:18 PM »

I'll confess to never having seen a King Kong movie  - yet.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »

I'll confess to never having seen a King Kong movie  - yet.

...not even KING KONG VS. GODZILLA??? My golly Tomovoz, but what kinds of movies DO they show in your country!!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2005, 06:02:32 PM »

And only because I really liked these two paragraphs from Stephen Hunter's review of "The Producers" in The Washington Post...
My nomination for the guy who should play Zero in the bioflick: Jack Black.  He might have to shave his head, or some of it, but he's crazy enough to pull it off.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2005, 06:20:31 PM »

It was almost dead at work today, typical for the day after Christmas.  My theory is that everyone is coasting by on leftovers.

It'll pick up later in the week, the closer we get to New Years.  Then, everyone will want to par tay.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2005, 06:20:36 PM »

TCB I hope you feel better soon.  It’s not fun being sick on Christmas.

George

« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2005, 06:29:14 PM »

I have a few errands and places to go before I head back to the house-sitting gig.  So, I'm off.  Until later!  

Jane

« Reply #110 on: December 26, 2005, 06:42:54 PM »

We missed JUNEBUG so I just added to our NetFlix queue.

Top Movies:
BATMAN BEGINS
CAPOTE
KING KONG
SIN CITY
BROKEN FLOWERS

Honorable Mention:
GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK
CINDERELLA MAN
WALK THE LINE
IN GOOD COMPANY
PRIDE AND PREDJUDICE
BEAUTY SHOP

Amongst movies I suspect will make the list once I have seen them are BROKEBACK MOUNTING,  HISTORY OF VIOLENCE, and MUNICH.

Jennifer

« Reply #111 on: December 26, 2005, 06:46:17 PM »

Shopping was crazy.  We left at 11:30am even though the stores only opened at 1pm.  The parking lot was starting to get crowded even that early.

Some of the restaurants in the mall opened and some stores opened early.  Oh, we had to stand outside with my dad first in front of Best Buy cause he wanted a laptop.  There were hundreds of people standing outside the store.

I shopped till 4pm. And by that time it was so packed.  More packed than i've ever seen the malls packed (even on Christmas eve). Totally crazy, but fun! :)

Jane

« Reply #112 on: December 26, 2005, 07:00:39 PM »

Ginny your home town was kind to us, meaning it didn’t rain too much.

On Bryan’s birthday we even managed a quick trip to the zoo to see the lights, and I mean quick.  Bryan got off work late and then there was a long line leaving us only 40 minutes to walk around.  It was still fun and we were glad we went.  From the zoo we went for a very late dinner and then to Bryan’s favorite dessert place.

On Christmas evening Bryan got off a bit earlier so we went for dinner and a movie (Walk the Line).

Jane

« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2005, 07:06:13 PM »

Christmas morning Keith made matzos brie, we opened our gifts, and had a relaxing day.  

Bryan’s dinner, in spite of a power outage, was suburb as usual.  He makes the best corn soup I have ever had.  The potatoes were just barely cooked enough before the power went out to make mashed potatoes with caramelized red onions-oh so yummy.  The stuffed squash we left in the warm oven as long as possible and it was just done, not to perfection but delicious all the same.

Not cooked in time were the vegetables and the cheese and spinach ravioli Bryan made completely from scratch.  We were sorry not to even have a taste.

Dessert, a chocolate mousse with a fig sauce, was cooked after the power returned.

Thank goodness for Chanukah.  Without the candles on the  Menorah we would have been plunged into total darkness.  It truly was a miracle.

Craig sent us a package to Bryan’s place which never arrived.  I feel bad for him and he paid express delivery fees.  We did talk to him and he was having a very nice Christmas in Bucharest with Ioana, her mother and grandmother.  Having found homes for two of their rescue pets they were down to just the one cat and dog before their company arrived.

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: December 26, 2005, 07:18:47 PM »

Hi, Jane!  I'm glad you had such a nice time, even with the power outage, visiting with Bryan.  It sounds like the men in your family are very good cooks.  My nephew, Perry, who was here from Atlanta for Christmas, brought his homemade sweet potato pie for our holiday dessert - it was yummy!

Speaking of pie, I just put a pecan one in the oven for our nephew Chris.  We're meeting him and his parents and his fiance (who we'll be meeting for the first time) for lunch tomorrow at the Montgomery Inn.  Chris is an Air Force search & rescue helicopter pilot.  The first time I took a pecan pie to his family's house for a holiday meal he said, "I didn't know people could make this at home!"  So, now he gets a homemade pecan pie whenever I have the chance.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Tomovoz

« Reply #115 on: December 26, 2005, 08:06:12 PM »

"The Little Prince" (The Opera) was shown here on Christmas day. We watched it last night. As with the movie I find it doesn't  really satisfy. Perhaps it is a book that should stay in the mind of the reader.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #116 on: December 26, 2005, 08:14:56 PM »

Had an evening full of TV and one DVD TV episode.

I began with another episode of CSI: NY from season 1. Two cases with very different deaths and very surprising methods of murdering. One of them involved sushi and toenails.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #117 on: December 26, 2005, 08:18:50 PM »

I forgot all about MYSTERIOUS SKIN, and that certainly would have gone of my list as one of the top films I saw this year on DVD.

Thanks for the reminder, DR George.

FJL

« Reply #118 on: December 26, 2005, 08:19:29 PM »

DR Laura and DR Tomovoz - Thanks so much for the info on that quote.  

I trotted it out during the Hannukah celebration at my brother's tonight and everybody seemed to enjoy the sentiment.

Matt H.

« Reply #119 on: December 26, 2005, 08:20:38 PM »

I watched the Fox rerun of HOUSE tonight. It was an episode from last season with a very melancholy plot resolution and a most surprising denouement that I didn't remember even having seen the show before.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up