News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MERE  (Read 51937 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:MERE
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2005, 04:05:47 PM »

I mean, it's not like it's Christmas Day or anything.  

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2005, 04:22:19 PM »

All this talk of mint M&Ms has reminded me of my new favorite candy--Cherry Cordial Hershey Kisses.  One night while wrapping gifts, I found myself going through half a bag.  Unfortunately, they're seasonal and they already disappeared from the shelves at Target in the middle of the month.  I was able to find only four more bags at K-Mart, so I'm going to have to eke these out to last a while.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2005, 04:25:04 PM »

The local Dairy Queen had a special Blizzard of the month, "Mint Chip Blizzard," which was a mint-flavored Blizzard with M&Ms.  Quite tasty, especially with extra M&Ms. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2005, 04:28:14 PM »

You've been hanging around DR TCB WAY too much!

Actually, I was hoping that JOEY was a top.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2005, 04:29:01 PM »

I always assumed that. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2005, 04:30:23 PM »

Last year the jernt was jumpin'.  This year, it's moribund.  What gives?

Well, in addition to my posts above, here's another contribution:  I'm leaving work. :)

I'm not taking any whole vacation days, just a few hours here and there.  So, I'm leaving now which is 2.5 hours less than usual.  I won't try and make it up before the end of the week...mainly because I'm house-sitting.  Fortunately, it ends next Monday, so that night I'll be able to post to my heart's content...if I have anything to say, that is. ;)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2005, 04:32:27 PM »

Does that mean he's also the Coliseum?

That's what you're all talking about, right?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 04:34:26 PM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2005, 04:52:43 PM »

Does that mean he's also the Coliseum?

That's what you're all talking about, right?

Yeah!  That's it, Dan!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2005, 04:59:05 PM »

Mr. Pogue, congratulations on your new home!
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2005, 05:01:34 PM »

Last hour of my work day alone in telephone reference -now if the phones stay quiet...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2005, 05:09:01 PM »

So that's that!

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2005, 05:10:35 PM »

Good vibes to DR td - painful......

Mike Lane....I am still trying to find Johnny Duncan who played Robin in the Batman serial.  Word is he is in Kansas City where he was born back in 1923.

Oh well!

I have to work tomorrow 10 am to 7 pm, so I don't know if I will be around much.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jason

« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2005, 05:12:54 PM »

Just back from checking in on DRs TPunk & Rodzinski's adorable kitties, Killbot and Walty. Water was changed, litter boxes scooped and food was poured (and quickly eaten) and there was lots of purring and nuzzling - and the cats were happy I was there, too. ;)

They're beautiful cats and I'm totally going to steal them while their humans are away... :D

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2005, 05:19:59 PM »

Just back from checking in on DRs TPunk & Rodzinski's adorable kitties, Killbot and Walty. Water was changed, litter boxes scooped and food was poured (and quickly eaten) and there was lots of purring and nuzzling - and the cats were happy I was there, too. ;)

They're beautiful cats and I'm totally going to steal them while their humans are away... :D

So, DR Jason, now YOU'RE the HHW angel, paying the kindness forward!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2005, 05:35:30 PM »

DR td - hope you're feeling better!

MBarnum

« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2005, 05:37:04 PM »

Good vibes to DR td - painful......

Mike Lane....I am still trying to find Johnny Duncan who played Robin in the Batman serial.  Word is he is in Kansas City where he was born back in 1923.

Seems to me that Johnny Duncan has been appearing at some of them there Western festivals that are held in your neck of the woods and are advertised in Classic Images.

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2005, 05:39:31 PM »

...in fact, here is Johnny's very own website!

http://www.originalrobin1949.com/

Michael

« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2005, 05:44:07 PM »

It is the third day of chunkah and four more to go. Maybe that's it.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2005, 05:54:33 PM »

From a recent interview with Karen Morrow talking about her flop musicals she appeared in. This should be of interest to people here.

A Joyful Noise (12p): "They hired me to play Mary Texas, a character like [saloon owner] Texas Guinan. We closed on Christmas Eve, and when we left the Hellinger, we found that there was a terrible blizzard. All we needed was a little match girl in the corner! I did make some friends from the show, like Michael Bennett. When he was doing Ballroom, he asked if I'd stand by for Dorothy Loudon, but I just didn't want to do that. Funny, though, I later did three songs cut from Ballroom on a Lost in Boston album
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2005, 05:55:14 PM »

One more.

I got a good laugh from this one.

The Selling of the President (5p): "Jack O'Brien [who wrote the book and lyrics, and later went on to be a Tony Award-winning director] saw me in The Grass Harp and decided that I was the type of personality he wanted. When I auditioned, it came out of my mouth so easily and fast. We took a Christmas break, and when we came back, it was a different script. I was dreadful. The conceit was that none of the main characters would sing; all the singing would be done as the commercials for the candidate, sung by a very talented chorus: Nell Carter, Pam Myers, and Don Johnson's partner on Miami Vice [Philip Michael Thomas]. So I didn't sing. Opening night, when I came out for a curtain call in my Halston outfit, a couple of guys in the fifth row center said, 'You shoulda sung, honey

Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2005, 06:37:01 PM »

All this talk of mint M&Ms has reminded me of my new favorite candy--Cherry Cordial Hershey Kisses.  One night while wrapping gifts, I found myself going through half a bag.  Unfortunately, they're seasonal and they already disappeared from the shelves at Target in the middle of the month.  I was able to find only four more bags at K-Mart, so I'm going to have to eke these out to last a while.

I see them for sale on eBay.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2005, 06:54:38 PM »

It is the third day of chunkah and four more to go. Maybe that's it.

Well maybe it's the 3rd day of Chunkah (is that a holiday for overeaters?--in which case I'm pre-qualified  ;)), but it's the 4th night of Channukah.  I know because we just lit many menorah (menorim?--Hebrew plurals are so confusing).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2005, 06:55:46 PM »

In fact, I think we have solved the "what to wish people?" conundrum in our typically creative HHW way.  So may I be the first to wish everyone

[size=8][move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]A HAPPY CHUNKAH!!![/move][/size]
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 06:56:36 PM by JMK »

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2005, 06:59:25 PM »

Wow--you try to spread a little Chunkah cheer, and the whole place empties out.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2005, 07:04:56 PM »

I'm here and not too sure about Chunkah ;D

We also lit four nights of candles. :)

Jane

« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2005, 07:13:30 PM »

I browsed the Washington Post list of best books for 2005 and found I haven’t read a single one.   I think I will try and find a list for best paperbacks of 2005.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/01/AR2005120100912.html

Jane

« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2005, 07:16:43 PM »

I just noticed the time-must go.

'night

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2005, 07:25:43 PM »

Has she ever been ice skating before?  I'm sure that unless your used to it, you both will be hurting in places you didn't know you had on the morrow.    ;) :D  I know I sure DID!

No she hadn't but I have.  It was actually pretty funny, we got there, the skates were extremely uncomfortable, we skated for about 15 or 20 minutes (neither of us fell down) and then we looked at each other, laughed and both knew we were done and it was time to go to the mall.  Of course the story for the family is we skated for at least an hour, but we both knew if we stayed there any longer it would soon become a painful endeavor and no fun at all.

Tomovoz

« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2005, 07:29:22 PM »

Very odd.. I've been away from the Computer (and the house) for over 4 hours and not much has happened!).  It over 90 degrees F here today.. Over 100 tomorrow.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2005, 07:30:19 PM »

You're the smile on the Mona Lisa DtM.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up