Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: PULLING A FAST ONE  (Read 28747 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:PULLING A FAST ONE
« Reply #240 on: February 06, 2006, 05:52:38 PM »

JRand thank for the vibes.  LOL, Keith is using some kind of garden spray on the bugs.  Between that and the bleach I need an inhaler.

MBarnum, good new furnace vibes.

Jason

« Reply #241 on: February 06, 2006, 06:03:03 PM »

MBarnum: I completely forgot to acknowledge your lovely post. I really appreciate what you said. Very well put and I could tell it was from the heart.

Thanks! :)

Jane

« Reply #242 on: February 06, 2006, 06:28:59 PM »

Jennifer, good vibes to CJ, and to you.  

FJL

« Reply #243 on: February 06, 2006, 06:51:11 PM »

Jason - But even with that low attendance percentage, THE PRODUCERS brought in over $530,000.  That's not bad at all for the winter months after close to five years.  

WOMAN IN WHITE, even with a higher percentage, only grossed about $380,000, and it's a fairly new show.

Jane

« Reply #244 on: February 06, 2006, 06:56:49 PM »

I wish my parents could see that. When all my stuff started a couple of weeks ago they offered to do whatever I needed them to do to help me, meaning they'd pay at least a portion of the fees for me to see a therapist. Thursday night that unconditional offer turned into something along the lines of, "We'll pay for you to go to therapy if you see a Christian counselor."

I told them I'd think about it, but I wouldn't make any commitments. Picking a therapist is a very personal thing. I'm not going to let them bully me into picking one.

Do they know you found a therapist you are happy with, at least for now?

I guess it is their money and they can place stipulations on how it is spent, but oh Jason I'm really sorry.  I hope at some point, when you and your therapist feel the time is right, your parents will have a few sessions with you.

Just remember they need time to sort through their feelings.

Jane

« Reply #245 on: February 06, 2006, 06:58:56 PM »

Vixmom you describe your marriage beautifully.

I really could have done without the Doodlebop link. ;D

Ben

« Reply #246 on: February 06, 2006, 07:00:04 PM »

Rodzinski said:

"Up next at City Center, I just wrapped up the program for KISMET, featuring B. Stokes Mitchell"

I'm seeing this very production on Wednesday. I have a friend who got tickets to the final dress. I'm looking forward to it. I've never seen a production of Kismet, I've only heard the score.

Jane

« Reply #247 on: February 06, 2006, 07:01:26 PM »

I know more about being married than single and should have much to say on the subject, however, my DH is waiting to watch MONSTER having finished playing his computer game.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #248 on: February 06, 2006, 07:02:01 PM »

Der Brucer and I have been together for what, twenty-one years?  Yep.  Not doing too bad, if you ask me.

How have we managed twenty-one years?  We still laugh together.  And we still talk together.  Sure, he never has figured out how much I loathe being kept waiting when he tells me he's going to pick me up at a certain time and isn't there like he says he will be.  And I like food spicier than he does, and I'm the one who cooks it, so he's left grumbling sometimes.  But we're pretty well tuned into each other.

Enough said.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jennifer

« Reply #249 on: February 06, 2006, 07:03:53 PM »

DR Jason pretty fish pictures!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #250 on: February 06, 2006, 07:08:58 PM »

Der B and I went to see Brokeback Mountain today.  I'm still deciding what my thoughts are about it; the lives depicted were so different from my own, from a different time and place.  He, on the other hand, commented on how slowly paced the film seemed.  (I agreed with him that it wasn't much, if what you go in expecting is an action/adventure film.)

It's nice to know that Anne Hathaway has grown up so quickly from being a Disney Ingenue.  She's going to have a much better future than the other DI's, Duff and Lohan.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jennifer

« Reply #251 on: February 06, 2006, 07:12:44 PM »

Jennifer, good vibes to CJ, and to you.  

Thanks. I don't know why i've been so teary today. I don't like it when other people are hurting. I spoke to him though and he is not doing well.

Btw, MEDIUM was sort of a good episode (no spoilers here). But the ending sort of confused me and didn't satisfy me.  I"ll be interested to see what others think.

Tomovoz

« Reply #252 on: February 06, 2006, 07:12:45 PM »

"Kismet"  Fate dictates I shall not see the production.

DR WFO and I remember productions in the fifties which meant a lot to us in terms of develpoing a love of musical theatre. No we did not see the same production!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #253 on: February 06, 2006, 07:18:38 PM »

I'm still catching up!

DearReader Laura used the word that is so important:

"SPACE".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #254 on: February 06, 2006, 07:30:32 PM »

DR Jose, unmarked police cars are allowed to pull people over for speeding?  I don't think we have that here.  And I don't like the idea.  Yeah sure there are those idiots who drive like maniacs who deserve to be pulled over.  But I think mostly the cops pull people over for driving just slightly above the speed limit.  And I think it's at least fair to be able to see the car.

Jennifer, even unmarked police cars (and Washington has everything from Ram Trucks to Ford Mustangs) still have State Patrol Exempt license plates on their vehicles.  Therefore, if you really pay attention to your environment while driving, you won't get nailed.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #255 on: February 06, 2006, 07:42:56 PM »

Thank you. I think that one was an accident. ;D

Sometimes the best ones can come by way of an accident...

DRJason, I do have a question for you. IS your hat from a costume from a production such as Fiddler on the Roof?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #256 on: February 06, 2006, 07:44:42 PM »

Vixmom you describe your marriage beautifully.

I really could have done without the Doodlebop link. ;D

What fun is it to be all grown up if we cant be a kid every once in awhile!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #257 on: February 06, 2006, 07:52:46 PM »

Back from a lovelier than lovely supper.  I shall now finish watching the DVD I'm in the midst of watching.  Anyone for three hundred postings?  Certainly there are enough people on right now to make that happen.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #258 on: February 06, 2006, 07:53:01 PM »

So, what did everyone eat for dinner?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #259 on: February 06, 2006, 07:53:29 PM »

And what is everyone wearing (we haven't had a clothing call in ages)?

FJL

« Reply #260 on: February 06, 2006, 08:00:18 PM »

Dinner was a lovely pasta with kielbasa and browned onions.

Unfortunately, I am wearing some of the sauce from that lovely dinner.  

In additon to my usual surfing-the-net clothing, of course.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #261 on: February 06, 2006, 08:01:39 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... After walking around Westminster-Canterbury for about 25 minutes looking for the rehearsal room, I realized that I was in the wrong nursing home/assisted living complex.  Oops!  Thankfully, after placing a call to a friend of mine, I was steered to the correct nursing home/assisted living complex, Imperial Plaza.

-If anything, it was nice to laugh at myself for a bit.  DOH!

So, I just sat and listened to the last half of their rehearsal, then after they were done, spent some time saying Hello to various and sundried people.  Then Steve and I headed over to Joe's Inn for some dinner and catch-up time.  He's doing well.  His family is doing well.  I'm doing well.  My family is doing well.

*And he'll be my guest for Opening Night of Lestat.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #262 on: February 06, 2006, 08:03:32 PM »

As for dinner...

House Salad with Bleu Cheese Dressing
Pan-Fried Chicken Livers (YUM!!!)
Greek-style Green Beans

And Steve had:
House Salad with House Dressing
Broiled Salmon
Greek-Style Green Beans

We would have had dessert, but they were being VERY generous with their portions tonight at Joe's.  -Which is one of the "benefits" of a slow night at Joe's.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #263 on: February 06, 2006, 08:03:35 PM »

Interesting that THE PRODUCERS on Broadway didn't get the nice bump in box office that has accrued to other shows like PHANTOM... and RENT when their respective movies came out.

Not a particularly informative post, but at least it's a post on the way to #300.  :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #264 on: February 06, 2006, 08:05:09 PM »

As for clothes...

White socks
Old Navy Pajama Bottoms
Hanes Boxer Briefs, gray
Black/Gray Old Navy Ringer Tee

In other words, sleep is in my near future.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #265 on: February 06, 2006, 08:08:14 PM »

DR DakotaCelt: My avatar comes from a production of MY FAIR LADY that I did in graduate school. :)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #266 on: February 06, 2006, 08:11:08 PM »

Ben, do me a favor, if you see any typos in the KISMET program, don't tell me about 'em. :)
Actually as I was preparing it for print today I found an error on one of the pages they supplied. Saved somebody's arse, I did.

Jason

« Reply #267 on: February 06, 2006, 08:12:12 PM »

Tonight I had the entire apartment to myself until about 2 minutes ago - Justin just came in from seeing DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS. I can only imagine that Jared - the nosy one - is at Splash!

While they were out, I enjoyed a lovely practice session, which I'm sure the downstairs neighbors hated, but it was nice to get to sing out (Louise!) without worrying about what other people were hearing. Good for the voice...good for the soul.

After that, I showered and prepared myself a dinner of breakfast foods: scrambled eggs (for protein) and Corn Pops. Healthy? Probably not - but it sure tasted good!!

After that I watched an episode of Paula's Home Cooking On Demand. It was really sweet - she made some of her mom and grandmother's favorite recipes and just tasting those foods made her cry. And she made the most amazing red velvet cake I've ever seen (she used the entire bottle of food coloring!).

And now, at 11:15, I think I may actually try to hie myself to bed!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #268 on: February 06, 2006, 08:14:22 PM »

And as for unmarked police cars...

Yes, there are some unscrupulous individuals out there who could produce a fake badge and install some flashing lights in their car, but...

As with any crime, It's only a crime if you're caught.  So...

Speed limits - whether they are followed or not - are posted for a reason, and they are the law.  Ideally, we should all be driving the speed limit whether or not there is a patrol car within our sight.

The other night was just so "funny" because there were people pulled over to the side of road every mile or so.  And they were pulled over by unmarked police cars that had their flashers on.  If you were driving along and did not see all the police activity, well...  You have no one to blame but yourself.

*And I remember unmarked police cars starting to be used when I was in high school.  In fact, the police even released press releases to warn drivers to expect it when they least expect it.  Usually, they would take a junker and equip it with a new engine.  Nowadays, they're equipping later model cars - I've even seen a Lexus police car - for patrol duty.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #269 on: February 06, 2006, 08:15:27 PM »

DR Rodzinski - Any chance you have any freebies for Kismet coming your way?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up