Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MARCH OF TIME  (Read 59335 times)

François de Paris

Re:THE MARCH OF TIME
« Reply #210 on: March 10, 2006, 04:52:22 PM »

I hope nobody will be upset by my posting here those few testimonies in honor of a decent human being; if someone does not approve, I'll delete them! Thank you.

Senator Tom Harkin

"It is with great sadness that I learned of the death of my friend Dana Reeve. Over the years, I came to know both Dana and Christopher Reeve. I admired them for their courage in the face of adversity, and their determination to make the world a better place. Americans learned a lot from the Reeve family. Christopher gave us a lesson in how to face hardship; Dana gave us a lesson in love and loyalty.

"Dana and Christopher Reeve expanded access to new treatments and therapies for thousands of paralyzed Americans, and became tireless advocates for medical research. Of course, they wanted a cure for Chris. But they fought for a cure for others as well

"After his death, Chris's work continued full speed ahead because of Dana's drive and determination. And now, Dana's work must continue full speed ahead because of our commitment and determination.

"Ruth and I extend our heartfelt condolences to Dana's son Will, her stepchildren Matthew and Alexandra and the entire Reeve and Morosini families."

Senator John Kerry

"Teresa and I loved them both, and we are deeply saddened by Dana's passing. She was a steadfast partner to her husband, a loving mother, a talented artist, and an amazing caregiver who showed incredible grace fighting for her husband and then for her own life."

Robin Williams
Robin Williams

"The brightest light has gone out. We will forever celebrate her loving spirit."

John Lithgow

"Dana endured terrible things, but never did I hear her speak a self-pitying word. She was a woman with genius for compassion. She gave strength not just to Chris, but to everyone who knew them both. Her death is devastating."

Catherine Zeta-Jones

"I was honored to know Dana and am deeply saddened by her passing. She was an inspirational woman who showed great courage and grace throughout her life.
My thoughts and prayers are with her family. I hope they will take comfort in knowing what a positive difference she made for so many lives on this earth. I loved her and she will be greatly missed."

Michael Douglas

"Catherine and I are devastated by all the losses, but we do find such inspiration in how she conducted her life."

Susan Sarandon

"Dana Reeve had a fierce grace. Under pressure, she embraced her personal struggles with dignity and humor.  And always with the focus on the greater good.  She filled her life with a love as clear and unflinching as her beautiful voice.  Dana made the world a better place and we all shall miss her song terribly."

Mark Messier
Mark Messier

"On behalf of my entire family and the New York Rangers organization I am deeply saddened by the news of the loss of Dana Reeve. Her courage and determination to continue to champion the efforts of her late husband Christopher as well as her optimistic and positive outlook in the face of adversity will continue to provide inspiration to us all. I would also like to express our deepest sympathy to Dana's son Will and the entire Reeve family."

Jane Seymour

"She showed us all the true power of love. (She was) an unflinching optimist, who never let anything get her down, and if she did she never showed us."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #211 on: March 10, 2006, 04:52:43 PM »

Good morning all.  No, Jed and I have not fallen off the face of the earth, we're just busy moving these days.  The process has been a slow one thus far, but should pick up speed dramatically when we get his grandfather's truck this weekend to move the big stuff.  The weatherman seems to be giving us a one day window, Sunday, between storms, and that is when we intend to get the bulk of the furniture moving done.  
Meanwhile, I've got the bug that seems to be going around (I blame Jose) and it has made itself at home in my throat.  My speaking voice is pathetic, nearly gone yesterday.  This makes trying to control a room full of two year olds really difficult...

No one said you had to try and control us, Ann!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #212 on: March 10, 2006, 04:59:07 PM »

Thank you for that DR François.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #213 on: March 10, 2006, 05:01:28 PM »

Even the orchestra is beautiful!

That's it! Paris is getting its version of CABERNET (Come taste the wine!) this October, the Sam Mendès version, all in French!

It's promoted "Cabaret, LIVE" since so many musical productions lately have used "canned" music!

Je suis votre compère!

http://www.cabaret-lemusical.fr/

Auditions are open!

François de Paris

« Reply #214 on: March 10, 2006, 05:01:59 PM »

Thank you for that DR François.

Thank you!

Tomovoz

« Reply #215 on: March 10, 2006, 05:02:10 PM »

Was it Jed's grandfather's truck that met you up close and personal TCB?

"Jed's grandfather's truck was too large for your health".
I know there's  a song there!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #216 on: March 10, 2006, 05:06:32 PM »

I hope they keep that lovely song about "Ananas" DR François.
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2006, 05:09:26 PM »

BK, the webmaster for Kritzerland made a few (but minor) mistakes.  When you go to "www.kritzerland.com," you see links for the current releases of "The Last Starfighter," the Kevin Spirtas CD-single, your CD "Stages/Together Again" and "Harvey Schmidt Plays Schmidt and Jones."  When you click on the "Upcoming Releases" button, you go to the page, but nothing is listed!  When you click on the actual "Home" button (http://www.kritzerland.com/home.html), THAT'S where you see the links for "Strouse, Schwartz & Schwartz" and Kevin Spirtas' "Night and Days" cabaret CD (plus "The Last Starfighter" again).

And most of the links to Kevin's samples within the song titles are on the wrong titles, and bring up the wrong songs:

"Night and Day" is the only one that's correct.
Clicking on the title "Singing In the Rain" gives you "Sometimes a Day Goes By"  
Clicking on "Blue Skies" gets you "Les Days (Of Our Lives)"...which is pretty darned funny!
"Oklahoma" gets you "If Ever I Would Leave You"
"The Phantom of the Opera" brings up "I Am Not the Boy Next Door"
"Music of the Night" has "Once Before I Go"

All of the songs are there, just in the wrong places.  The good news is that when you click on any of the "broadband" or "dial-up" links, those are all correct.  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #218 on: March 10, 2006, 05:17:11 PM »

DR elmore - I think I'm going to pass on a trip to the LoC tomorrow.  I have a couple of boxes I need to go through before heading back up tomorrow, so...  But if I change my mind, I'll give you a call.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #219 on: March 10, 2006, 05:20:04 PM »

DR elmore - I think I'm going to pass on a trip to the LoC tomorrow.  I have a couple of boxes I need to go through before heading back up tomorrow, so...  But if I change my mind, I'll give you a call.

No problem at all, DR Jose!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #220 on: March 10, 2006, 05:20:56 PM »

Dinner was very good; rib eye steaks, green beans and bacon-chive mashed potatoes.  All very yummy.  And for dessert, Breyer's Butter Pecan with Chocolate Sauce.  Yummy too.

After eating, we headed up to the roof deck to look at the city for a while.  It is so strange being up there at this time of the year and having the temps be so warm.  *And, actually, it was a little strange driving down today in the warm weather and seeing all the trees with no leaves.  In any case...

I'll probably head back up Fairfax around 9:00.  So, until I'm back in Fairfax...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2006, 05:21:26 PM »

DR elmore - And Steve say HI right backatcha!
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2006, 05:24:53 PM »

Man!

That "Snickers" bar was GOOD!

Oink.

I like Hersheys special dark....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

François de Paris

« Reply #223 on: March 10, 2006, 05:31:17 PM »

I hope they keep that lovely song about "Ananas" DR François.

Hmmm... you know... even in France some people are not too crazy about fruits you know, mainly fruits for two!! ;)

Thank G..d, we don't call them (la) PINE apples!! (See yesterday prunes, errr, puns!) ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #224 on: March 10, 2006, 05:31:24 PM »

I hope nobody will be upset by my posting here those few testimonies in honor of a decent human being; if someone does not approve, I'll delete them! Thank you.

Not at all. They both were truly remarkable individuals.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #225 on: March 10, 2006, 05:32:37 PM »

Well, it is based on Henry Fielding's RAPE UPON RAPE!  I saw THE FANTASTICKS many times up to its closing, and the "Rape Song" was always in it.

The song is actually called IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU PAY, isn't it?  And then there is the RAPE BALLET.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

François de Paris

« Reply #226 on: March 10, 2006, 05:34:36 PM »

DR elmore - And Steve say HI right backatcha!

Gee, he did not say anything for me???

So cheap! :P ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #227 on: March 10, 2006, 05:35:35 PM »

The song is actually called IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU PAY, isn't it?  And then there is the RAPE BALLET.

DR MBarnum's favourite song!!!

It Depends On What You Pay!   Ah! ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #228 on: March 10, 2006, 05:42:14 PM »

I shall now be on my way to the Luckman Theater for the STAGE benefit.  These shows tend to run long, so the notes may be late in going up.

I've forwarded the info re kritzerland.com to the web designer.

François de Paris

« Reply #229 on: March 10, 2006, 05:56:45 PM »

Now and Forever

Words and Music by Carole King

Performed by Dana Reeve on January 12, 2006 for former New York Rangers captain Mark Messier during a pregame ceremony to retire Messier's No. 11

Now and Forever
You were a part of me
And the memory cuts like a knife
Didn't we find the ecstasy
Didn't we share the daylight
When you walked into my life
Now and forever I will remember
All the promises still unbroken
And think about all the words between us
The never needed to be spoken

We had a moment
Just one moment
That will last beyong a dream, beyond a lifetime
We are the lucky ones
Some people never get to do
All we got to do
Now and forever
I will always think of you

Didn't we come together
Didn't we live together
Didn't we cry together
Didn't we play together
Didn't we love together
And together we lit up the world

I miss the tears
I miss the laughter
I miss the day we met and all that followed after
Sometimes I wish I could always be with you
The way we used to do
Now and forever
I will always think of you
Now and forever
I will always be with you

« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 05:57:21 PM by François »

François de Paris

« Reply #230 on: March 10, 2006, 06:12:16 PM »

Remembering Dana Reeve

NEW YORK, March 7, 2006
Dana Reeve died of lung cancer even though she did not smoke. (AP)

(CBS) This column was written by CBS News Early Show co-anchor Harry Smith.

The word that may best describe Dana Reeve is courageous.

Her husband was Superman, but maybe it was Dana Reeve we really believed was the superhero.

"She was a guide in terms of how we should lift our spirits in the face of adversity, how, no matter what we're faced with, we can overcome it, even death," says Dana Reeve's friend, entertainer Mandy Patinkin.

I never saw the two of them together that I didn't marvel at her grace, her strength, her love for him, and her determination to find a cure for spinal cord injuries.

It would have been enough for her to stand by her man. We would have been satisfied with that.

But Dana Reeve wasn’t satisfied with a medical community that said spinal cord injuries are hopeless. She took her dazzling smile and steely determination to Washington, where she cajoled, charmed and convinced stingy lawmakers to make money available for research.

"She really was a profound leader," Patinkin observes, "in terms of, 'What do you do in the face of adversity? You behave the way I beahve.' The way Dana Reeve behaves. That's how you behave. You make the most out of every second."

Did we sometimes wonder if hers and Chris’s cause was a lost one? Probably.

Yet, there was the evidence. Remember the video? Thousands of hours of excruciating rehabilitation resulted in Chris regaining feeling in parts of his body. He could literally feel with his own flesh what he’d known in his heart since his terrible accident — that Dana was with him.

"It's certainly a day of sadness," Patinkin reflects, "but it's also a day of remembrance of a kind of love abnd inspiration that is rare and unique. And I deeply believe that it's possible that these two lights of love couldn't be without each other."

First Chris, and now Dana is gone, too. And it breaks our hearts.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 06:12:59 PM by François »

François de Paris

« Reply #231 on: March 10, 2006, 06:22:30 PM »

Am I posting too much?????

François de Paris

« Reply #232 on: March 10, 2006, 06:23:12 PM »

Hmmmm... this was not a question, really!!

François de Paris

« Reply #233 on: March 10, 2006, 06:26:03 PM »

elmore I see you
elmore I want you
Somehow this feeling
Just grows and grows

My! I guess this site is not a family site any(el)more!  LOL!

François de Paris

« Reply #234 on: March 10, 2006, 06:27:01 PM »

Great! elmore just vanished!

elmore has become elless!

François de Paris

« Reply #235 on: March 10, 2006, 06:28:56 PM »

TCB has vanished too!

I'm waiting for that Lady to do the same, even though i'm the only one in the joint at this time!

Story of my life!

That's it!
The title to my autobio will be "The Story Of My Life"!!

François de Paris

« Reply #236 on: March 10, 2006, 06:31:17 PM »

DR George, I've been looking for you all over the Park, forgetting that we're Friday and not Sunday!

Silly me!

George

« Reply #237 on: March 10, 2006, 06:33:53 PM »

François, I wish I were at a park.  I'm still at work...but not for long.  It's the start of the weekend, but I'll probably come into work tomorrow (Saturday) to make up a few hours so that I don't use my vacation time.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #238 on: March 10, 2006, 06:38:11 PM »

I had my car detailed today!  For several years, I've been saying that I want to get it super-cleaned with some of my income tax refund money, and for the first time, I was able to!  It's absolutely spiffy clean!  And almost has that new-car smell, but it's still fairly wet. :P It will eventually dry, so I can live with that.  I also bought some new, genuine sheepskin car-seat covers and will be able to drive my spiffy clean car on super-soft comfy car-seats.  I'm happy about that. ;D

François de Paris

« Reply #239 on: March 10, 2006, 06:39:22 PM »

François, I wish I were at a park.  I'm still at work...but not for long.  It's the start of the weekend, but I'll probably come into work tomorrow (Saturday) to make up a few hours so that I don't use my vacation time.

I'm not better off than you are -- even though we're "lucky" to have a job! -- because I'm also at work and it's 3:40 am here right now!

Don't you feel much better to know all of that?

Btw, I've paid 3 euros and 80 cents for the Brent Spiner cd!
i'm so cheap! :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up