Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: RELAXATION TIME  (Read 66362 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:RELAXATION TIME
« Reply #300 on: March 15, 2006, 04:26:30 PM »

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #301 on: March 15, 2006, 04:29:39 PM »

From Governor Hunt building his pyramid tomb to Evan Mecham....

I live near Papago Park and often walk to the tomb. In fact, last year when I was walking every day, that was my destination and I posted photos of it and from it.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #302 on: March 15, 2006, 04:30:38 PM »

Nice mail day.  The "Man of La Mancha" score arrived, a student wants to work of some things from that show and the vocal selections are lacking.  Also in the mail was an eBay auction won... "Porgy and Bess" - The Houston Grand Opera recording, one that many people here have reccommended and I finally found it on eBay, it's all very exciting.

3rd dress rehearsal for "Aida" tonight.  I think I'm close to having my keyboard button pushing choreography down.  One of these days I'll grow up and get something that's more automatic.  It's a fun book to play, lots of great string lines.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #303 on: March 15, 2006, 04:34:02 PM »

Well I don't wish Alzheimer's on anyone, not even him.  

Carol. Man this was a long time ago - we're talking 15-20 years ago. If she was his reporter. clerk  or secretary I'm sure I did.  I met a lot of the court staff when I was a law clerk/bailiff (ok they called us law trained bailiff's - we called ourselves law clerks) and after I became a public defender I always got to know the staff.

I knew Judge Ellis' staff the best (she was Budzyn then Ellis while I was there).  

Cillaliz

« Reply #304 on: March 15, 2006, 04:35:15 PM »

I live near Papago Park and often walk to the tomb. In fact, last year when I was walking every day, that was my destination and I posted photos of it and from it.

I lived in Foxtree for awhile, when I first moved there and would often go to Papago Park and to the Zoo. I have a lithograph of one of Ruby the Elephant's paintings.  I was so sad when she died
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 04:35:31 PM by Cillaliz »

Ginny

« Reply #305 on: March 15, 2006, 04:35:39 PM »

Wednesday greetings.  I have now worked myself into a total funk over this job thing - it's been advertised on at least 2 statewide professional websites and our very own library website, so I'm competing for my job in what could amount to a worldwide search.

Starting at 9:01pm EST, I'm off for 5 and a half days and will try not to think about it (much).  I'll be working at the AAUW used book sale, getting DS Rob home from college, throwing a taco party for a bunch of relatives Sunday evening, and worrying about my husband who takes off on a road trip tomorrow.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #306 on: March 15, 2006, 04:38:57 PM »

Wednesday greetings.  I have now worked myself into a total funk over this job thing - it's been advertised on at least 2 statewide professional websites and our very own library website, so I'm competing for my job in what could amount to a worldwide search.

Starting at 9:01pm EST, I'm off for 5 and a half days and will try not to think about it (much).  I'll be working at the AAUW used book sale, getting DS Rob home from college, throwing a taco party for a bunch of relatives Sunday evening, and worrying about my husband who takes off on a road trip tomorrow.

Hang in there Ginny. They would be nuts to lose you. I'm sure they have to do the advertising they are doing. Enjoy your time off

Ginny

« Reply #307 on: March 15, 2006, 04:38:58 PM »

Were you a court reporter in Phoenix? I was a Maricopa County Public Defender from '86-'92 so I was in Superior Court every day and Justice Court at least once a week.  I also was a law clerk for Judge (now Justice) Martone

DR Cillaliz - we were in Phoenix quite a bit during those years because my mom lived there and it was the only place we could afford to vacation.  We never went to court.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #308 on: March 15, 2006, 04:40:23 PM »

Hang in there Ginny. They would be nuts to lose you. I'm sure they have to do the advertising they are doing. Enjoy your time off

No, they had to put it in the staff newsletter for two weeks, and should have let that run its course before advertising anywhere outside the system.

Cillaliz

« Reply #309 on: March 15, 2006, 04:40:50 PM »

DR Cillaliz - we were in Phoenix quite a bit during those years because my mom lived there and it was the only place we could afford to vacation.  We never went to court.

I'm very glad to hear that, Ginny!  I also sang with Snake Eyes and occasionally with Chuck E Baby and the All Stars. So if you were roaming the bars at night, you may have met me there

Cillaliz

« Reply #310 on: March 15, 2006, 04:41:33 PM »

No, they had to put it in the staff newsletter for two weeks, and should have let that run its course before advertising anywhere outside the system.

Well they'd be crazy to even consider anyone besides you!

Ginny

« Reply #311 on: March 15, 2006, 04:42:55 PM »

I'm very glad to hear that, Ginny!  I also sang with Snake Eyes and occasionally with Chuck E Baby and the All Stars. So if you were roaming the bars at night, you may have met me there

LOL - we had a toddler/pre-schooler and I have an overly protective mother, so we didn't do much bar-hopping.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #312 on: March 15, 2006, 04:43:43 PM »

Now I must be off. My DH has a procedure tomorrow, and I must get clear liquids and jello for him.

Ginny

« Reply #313 on: March 15, 2006, 04:44:50 PM »

To convey my good-health vibes to Mr. Harvey Schmidt, I will now perform my big number from The Fantasticks.

:-X

I played The Mute.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 04:46:38 PM by Ginny »

Cillaliz

« Reply #314 on: March 15, 2006, 04:45:28 PM »

Good Procedure vibes to Dear Reader Laura's DH~~~~~~

Ginny

« Reply #315 on: March 15, 2006, 04:46:09 PM »

Now I must be off. My DH has a procedure tomorrow, and I must get clear liquids and jello for him.

Hmm, wonder if that's the same procedure my DH is having in a couple of weeks?  Hope everything's OK, DR DearReaderLaura.

Cillaliz

« Reply #316 on: March 15, 2006, 04:46:45 PM »

Well, I must do something productive. Not sure what yet. I'm dying for ice cream, but I'm not going to do it. Maybe an orange.

Ginny

« Reply #317 on: March 15, 2006, 04:50:09 PM »

Logging off now to move from the hand-out-computer-prints-and-collect-dimes-and-quarters desk to finish my evening at an actual reference desk.

Bye for now.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #318 on: March 15, 2006, 04:53:29 PM »

Hello DR Ron.

My day so far has been spent in attempting to clean and transfer old Homer & Jethro recordings to CD.

I never owned a single H&J recording, but I heard them every morning on Moon Mullins' country-western radio program on WPFB which my Father listened to every day.  My uncle lived next door to Moon.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #319 on: March 15, 2006, 05:07:08 PM »

To convey my good-health vibes to Mr. Harvey Schmidt, I will now perform my big number from The Fantasticks.

:-X

I played The Mute.

And a serious and wonderful Mute you were!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #320 on: March 15, 2006, 05:11:42 PM »

And a serious and wonderful Mute you were!

:-*

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #321 on: March 15, 2006, 05:26:11 PM »

:-*

Shucks!  What's Richard's road trip?

Ginny

« Reply #322 on: March 15, 2006, 05:36:48 PM »

Shucks!  What's Richard's road trip?

He's going to Eau Claire, Wisconsin, to a men's glee club conference in which the Miami University club is participating along with groups from lots of other colleges and some professional groups.

MBarnum

« Reply #323 on: March 15, 2006, 05:58:42 PM »

Hmmm...a movie called HOOTENANNY A GO-GO (1965) starring Deanne Lund is releasing in May...sounds like something I need to see!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #324 on: March 15, 2006, 06:01:58 PM »

He's going to Eau Claire, Wisconsin, to a men's glee club conference in which the Miami University club is participating along with groups from lots of other colleges and some professional groups.

Stock up on a lot of DVDs!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #325 on: March 15, 2006, 06:02:31 PM »

Hmmm...a movie called HOOTENANNY A GO-GO (1965) starring Deanne Lund is releasing in May...sounds like something I need to see!

Holy Mary, cure this boy!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #326 on: March 15, 2006, 06:33:04 PM »

Holy Mary, cure this boy!

I think you may need some Crystal Blue Persuasion to help him along....

Or, just blame Jose.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #327 on: March 15, 2006, 06:35:21 PM »

Good vibes for DR Danise ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #328 on: March 15, 2006, 06:36:29 PM »

Idol teaser.

don't read if you don't want a teaser for tonight's show.

Bottom 3. One was a total shock. One was a moderate surprise. One was who I expected.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #329 on: March 15, 2006, 06:37:44 PM »

Hootenanny a Go Go?  Sounds like a Sam Katzman/Clover production for Columbia or MGM....probably a rewrite of Don't Knock the Twist, which was a rewrite of Don't Knock the Rock.

The ORIGINAL Shaggy Dog....fine DVD release this week!

Mr Tim Considine's present occupation wasn't mentioned, but I do know that he has a great interest in racing and I think owns a few race cars or teams....or maybe he just follows the circuit.  His interest in cars was mentioned, he is still great friends with Norman Woo Woo Grabowski who restores cars in West Virginia.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up