Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: FIT AS A FIDDLE  (Read 78945 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:FIT AS A FIDDLE
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2006, 01:36:31 PM »

Matt!  You've wibble-wobbled back.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #181 on: March 16, 2006, 01:36:51 PM »

Page 7:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 02:34:24 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #182 on: March 16, 2006, 01:38:10 PM »

Spent the entire afternoon throughly enjoying (once again) HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE. Though this was my first encounter with the DVD, I find that each time I have seen the movie, I understand more and more about interpersonal relationships between characters that I overlooked the previous time I saw it. This movie has much in it that multiple viewings make a necessity.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #183 on: March 16, 2006, 01:39:32 PM »

Matt!  You've wibble-wobbled back.

Yes, I have! Thanks for noticing. Had a nice lunch at Taco Bell with friends talking about AMERICAN IDOL and THE SHIELD, a pair of strange bedfellows to be sure!

Matt H.

« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2006, 01:43:08 PM »

I believe THE OFFICE is a rerun tonight, so at 9:30, I'll probably put in TEN LITTLE INDIANS to watch. Tat should take me up to my usual 11 p.m. return to the internet.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #185 on: March 16, 2006, 01:44:48 PM »

And DR DakotaCelt, no i have never been anywhere in Alberta actually.  :(

That's the part I've been mostly in.... stayed in Banth for a week and Jasper overnight, been to the Edmonton Mall a couple of times and stayed in the hotel inside the mall for two nights, and went to see the dinosaurs at The Royal Tyrell Museum and have been to the annual Steam Fair  up by Beaver Lodge (we were there the day they installed the Giant beaver!) several times and we have family who live inthe city of Grande Prairie as well as  just outside the city in the county of Grande Prairie.  In fact the former Reeve of the County is close friends with my in-laws.

And one day we drove into British Columbia to see the  "O Mile marker of the Alaska Highway

My niece has lived in Saskatoon for the past two years but we have never been there. I've been to the Canadian side  of Niagra Falls.  The rest of my Canadian adventures have been exploring the airports in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton and Ottawa.  

Oh and I've been to "O Canada in EPCOT!!! "

;D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 01:48:54 PM by Vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #186 on: March 16, 2006, 01:44:51 PM »

LOL...as much as I love Gene Kelly, watching XANADU would just be going too far!

(I do listen to the soundtrack though  8) )

I LOVE the Xanadu soundtrack...and am not ashamed to admit it! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2006, 01:46:20 PM »

Back to HARRY POTTER for a moment. I had read three or four reviews and reviewers were saying the DVD transfer looked soft. There may have been some individual shots that were soft for various reasons (CGI mixed with real world actors, impressionistic photography for the particular scene), but by and large, I thought it looked simply wonderful on DVD. True, I'm using an upconverting DVD player, but the transfer has to look good to start with or that player makes it look even worse.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #188 on: March 16, 2006, 01:52:21 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Thank you for all the First Orchestral Vibes and Well Wishes.  Very much appreciated.

And it was a good rehearsal.  We got through a nice chunk of the show in the three hours we had scheduled this morning, and we have about 12 more before we move into the theatre on Monday.  Then it's "pit fit", sound check, a couple of tech run-thrus, and that will be bring us to our first preview next Saturday.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: March 16, 2006, 01:52:30 PM »

I don't get the point of the first statement.  I've directed my fair share of plays...acted in them, too.  Neither of us is making a living at it.

The Burns reference...terrific that you corrected it.

And the last reference...??????? "Erin Go Bragh" is most definitely and assuredly "an Irish thing".

The first point is that I do understand motivations.  I was referring to your motivation in posting the earliuer comment.

Secondly, I was pointing out that following your Irish comment "Erin go bragh," your misquoted Scottish comment wasn't an "Irish thing."  I am.  Very Irish.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #190 on: March 16, 2006, 01:59:27 PM »

After rehearsal, I went ahead and headed back to the apartment for some lunch, and I also hooked up my DVD player to the TV in the living room.  *Alas, the TV here is sort of old, so we'll have to switch out the cable cables in order to watch DVDs - but at least I got it all set up and plugged in.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out if a nap would be a good thing or a bad thing.  I am bit sleepy since I did not sleep well last night.  It took me a while to fall asleep since I was excited about the first orchestra rehearsal this morning, and then I kept waking up every hour or so afraid that I was going to sleep through my alarm.

I think I'm gonna just stay up, and get to bed a bit earlier tonight.  Rehearsal is at 9:00am again tomorrow, but it will be a full day (9-Noon, then 1-4).  But if I find myself dozing off, I probably won't fight it.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #191 on: March 16, 2006, 02:01:21 PM »

Consequently, I believe I, too, am going to pass on seeing "Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte" tonight.  I suspect that sitting in a dark theatre tonight - no matter what was showing on the screen - would just induce a nice nap.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #192 on: March 16, 2006, 02:03:06 PM »

Its 5:04 EST and I am outa here!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

MBarnum

« Reply #193 on: March 16, 2006, 02:20:16 PM »

Well, it is 2:21 pm pacific time and I am still in the office...but will leave at 2:50 pm so that the heater man can come and see why it is that my new gas heater smells so bad all the time.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 02:20:54 PM by MBarnum »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: March 16, 2006, 02:27:41 PM »

Well, it is 2:21 pm pacific time and I am still in the office...but will leave at 2:50 pm so that the heater man can come and see why it is that my new gas heater smells so bad all the time.

Well, I was going to suggest it might be your bad breath blowing back in your face, but I decided it was rude.  I'm striving to be a noble person.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #195 on: March 16, 2006, 02:29:33 PM »

I like the XANADU soundtrack more than I like the movie.

I agree there.. The soundtrack was fun... The movie stunk
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #196 on: March 16, 2006, 02:32:53 PM »

Back from LACC, which was fun (new pianist is great and will become our regular guy), and seeing dear reader Jane and her ever-lovin' Keith at Du-Par's.  We had quite a bit of fun and it was great to see them.

Matt H.

« Reply #197 on: March 16, 2006, 02:33:38 PM »

Pleasantly surprised to read that in its new timeslot, BONES won the 8 p.m. hour (though the SURVIVOR clip show had a few thousand more viewers; BONES had a higher overall rating, i.e. more households tuned to it). Pretty good for a show that was finishing fourth at 8 p.m. on Tuesday. Hope the good ratings continue, though next week is when CBS moves OUT OF PRACTICE and COURTING ALEX to faceoff against BONES.

Matt H.

« Reply #198 on: March 16, 2006, 02:34:52 PM »

Guess I'll head down now to do some chores and then on to some TV/DVDs.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #199 on: March 16, 2006, 02:36:35 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Thank you for all the First Orchestral Vibes and Well Wishes.  Very much appreciated.

And it was a good rehearsal.  We got through a nice chunk of the show in the three hours we had scheduled this morning, and we have about 12 more before we move into the theatre on Monday.  :)

12 more hours to finish the show?   :D

In all seriousness, when is the first run-through for timing purposes?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #200 on: March 16, 2006, 02:39:13 PM »

The first point is that I do understand motivations.  I was referring to your motivation in posting the earliuer comment.

Secondly, I was pointing out that following your Irish comment "Erin go bragh," your misquoted Scottish comment wasn't an "Irish thing."  I am.  Very Irish.

But...(quibble, quibble, quibble)...I never SAID it was an Irish thing.  It was a stand-alone comment.  One totally unrelated to the other.  :)

Since you've again cited my misquote of Burns, I remind you  that "erin go bragh" (or "braugh) is truly an Irish thing whether or not you want it to be.  I've offered three links to three sites that prove my point (that's what you called "research", I think??)   8)

And shiver your timbers, but I've Irish in me, too.  You don't hold copyright.   ;D

As far as motivations go, yours are always clear to me. And I'm always up for whatever you want to discuss.  ;)

« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 02:53:10 PM by Ron Pulliam »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #201 on: March 16, 2006, 03:01:01 PM »

12 more hours to finish the show?   :D

In all seriousness, when is the first run-through for timing purposes?

Well, 12 more hours of orchestra-only rehearsal - before we move into the theatre and join the cast on Monday.  However, I believe the "10 out of 12s" start tomorrow for the cast and technical crew.  As for first run-thru... Well... The last run-thru in the rehearsal hall came in at just over 2:30 - shorter than the San Fran time.  We'll see what happens once all the tech elements are added.  I'm suspecting we probably won't get to a "no stopping run-thru" until late next week.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: March 16, 2006, 03:02:25 PM »

Since you've again cited my misquote of Burns, I remind you  that "erin go bragh" (or "braugh) is truly an Irish thing whether or not you want it to be.  I've offered three links to three sites that prove my point (that's what you called "research", I think??)   8)

Take your head out of your ass.  As the baby bear said to his mother, you bore me.

Isn't it time for an Allison Hayes photo?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: March 16, 2006, 03:08:19 PM »

For DRs JRand55 and MBarnum.  And you, DR RLP!

François de Paris

« Reply #204 on: March 16, 2006, 03:12:25 PM »

Well, I admit he did seem very self satisfied....but I still like the way he filled out his trousers danced ;)

Just like our own BK (Who has not mentioned that in quite some time!) he had buns of steel! :D

François de Paris

« Reply #205 on: March 16, 2006, 03:15:11 PM »

"I Like Myself" is a perfect number for Gene Kelly to do....in fact almost every number he does in the movies could have that as part of the title (in parens)....."Singin' In the Rain (I Like Myself)"..."Moses Supposes (I Like Myself)"and of course the "Alter Ego Ballet (I Like Myself - Twice)."

I am sure you've read in his autobio what Mr Arthur Laurents thinks of Gene Kelly... and why the latter hurt his foot and could not make a certain musical... ;)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #206 on: March 16, 2006, 03:19:08 PM »

I am sure you've read in his autobio what Mr Arthur Laurents thinks of Gene Kelly... and why the latter hurt his foot and could not make a certain musical... ;)

I haven't...and don't.  Care to enlighten??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

François de Paris

« Reply #207 on: March 16, 2006, 03:23:53 PM »

Oh, my, I totally forgot my favorite Kelly duet: "The Heather on the Hill" with Miss Cyd Charisse, one of the loveliest romantic dances ever filmed!

I agree! Just plain beautiful!

François de Paris

« Reply #208 on: March 16, 2006, 03:29:05 PM »

I haven't...and don't.  Care to enlighten??

Well, I have a foggy memory about it (George, you NEED to read that bio!) but it took place at some party (At Gene's home, I believe) and Gene got so upset at some remark and, out of frustration and anger (I believe it's even "gay" related) he hardly kicked some step and hurt himself in the process; Mr Kelly could have quite a temper!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #209 on: March 16, 2006, 03:30:39 PM »

Take your head out of your ass.  As the baby bear said to his mother, you bore me.

I'm absolutely embarrassed for you.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 03:31:20 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up