Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: FIT AS A FIDDLE  (Read 78914 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:FIT AS A FIDDLE
« Reply #240 on: March 16, 2006, 05:19:06 PM »

Thanks for the link DRFRANCOIS....I didn't see this special last year, but it sounds interesting.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #241 on: March 16, 2006, 05:24:26 PM »

Shorter by 30-plus minutes, IIRC.

Can you share anything about which songs from the SF run were cut and how many new songs have been integrated into the score?

Hmmm...

Well, by the time I had seen the show during it's last week in San Francisco, the show was already down to a surprisingly brisk two hours and forty-five minutes.

Hmmm...

As for what's been cut, changed, enhanced, added... Well... I guess since some of that info has been "shared" in some of the video blogs that Hugh Panaro has been doing for Broadway.com...

I'm not exactly sure what numbers have been cut, but there are currently four new numbers in the show.  Most everything else has been re-routined, re-structured, edited, or expanded.

The biggest changes have to do with the book.  Lots o' changes.  All for the better.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #242 on: March 16, 2006, 05:27:01 PM »

And speaking of Broadway.com...

The latest Lestat entry features the fabulous Carolee Carmello.  She gives a whirlwind tour of the backstage area of The Palace as well as of her dressing room.  And she also reveals some interesting insights about her "process".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #243 on: March 16, 2006, 05:30:13 PM »

*And I may end up getting some camera time when they come to film part of the orchestra rehearsal tomorrow.  Guess I should really try to get a good night's sleep tonight - I can't afford to have dark circles under my eyes tomorrow.  -Especially with that florescent lighting in the studio.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #244 on: March 16, 2006, 05:30:40 PM »

DRMATTH - NBC is all new tonight!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #245 on: March 16, 2006, 05:31:37 PM »

DR Vismom, thanks!!

I see it was nto far from Broadway but definitely north of the area once known as Hell's Ktichen.

Actually 122 West 20th street would be about 20-30 blocks south   of Hell's Kitchen.  Hell's Kitchen is generally thought of the 40's and 50's, west of 8th Avenue.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #246 on: March 16, 2006, 05:31:57 PM »

DRJOSE let us know if you are ON!! They haven't recorded the Cast CD yet have they?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #247 on: March 16, 2006, 05:32:21 PM »

Hell's Kitchen is in any house where I decide to cook.

François de Paris

« Reply #248 on: March 16, 2006, 05:34:56 PM »

Well, was I surprised last night when, while flipping through my collection of Ben Bagley cd's, I discovered that... Miss Susan Stroman, of The Producers fame, was once a singer!

SEE!

Rodgers & Hart Revisited, vol. 5 with Ann Hampton Callaway, Mary Cleere Haran, Dorothy Loudon, Arthur Siegel, Sandy Stewart, and Susan Stroman.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 05:35:38 PM by François »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #249 on: March 16, 2006, 05:37:02 PM »

And of course the film about the devilish feline:

Hell's Kitten

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #250 on: March 16, 2006, 05:38:10 PM »

Yes, I have! Thanks for noticing. Had a nice lunch at Taco Bell with friends talking about AMERICAN IDOL and THE SHIELD, a pair of strange bedfellows to be sure!

Why does everyone get to go to Taco Bell but me!?

François de Paris

« Reply #251 on: March 16, 2006, 05:43:16 PM »

In the South, do they have Taco Belle and Taco Beau?! ;)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #252 on: March 16, 2006, 05:46:05 PM »

Wow, I am really shocked and upset by some of the posts I've read today.  Thought about just letting it go, but wow.  I hope that it was more in jest than it seemed.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #253 on: March 16, 2006, 05:46:36 PM »

Hmmm...

Well, by the time I had seen the show during it's last week in San Francisco, the show was already down to a surprisingly brisk two hours and forty-five minutes.

Hmmm...

As for what's been cut, changed, enhanced, added... Well... I guess since some of that info has been "shared" in some of the video blogs that Hugh Panaro has been doing for Broadway.com...

I'm not exactly sure what numbers have been cut, but there are currently four new numbers in the show.  Most everything else has been re-routined, re-structured, edited, or expanded.

The biggest changes have to do with the book.  Lots o' changes.  All for the better.

:)

Jose, why haven't you called us?!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #254 on: March 16, 2006, 05:47:36 PM »

Actually 122 West 20th street would be about 20-30 blocks south   of Hell's Kitchen.  Hell's Kitchen is generally thought of the 40's and 50's, west of 8th Avenue.

Clearly if I had read on, I would have seen that Ben provided a much more in depth explanation.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #255 on: March 16, 2006, 05:48:42 PM »

And of course the film about the devilish feline:

Hell's Kitten

Killbot is attending an open call for the broadway musical version of this movie next week.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #256 on: March 16, 2006, 05:51:05 PM »

It was lovely to come home from my super long day at work and find that Rodzinski had prepared pan fried salmon! I quickly heated up some mashed potatoes and greenbeans and we had a lovely dinner.

François de Paris

« Reply #257 on: March 16, 2006, 05:51:34 PM »

Wow, I am really shocked and upset by some of the posts I've read today.  Thought about just letting it go, but wow.  I hope that it was more in jest than it seemed.

I think it was... playful and somewhat got a little "out of control" and still remains a "joke"! At least, that's what I hope it was! ;)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #258 on: March 16, 2006, 05:52:45 PM »

And now that that lovely dinner has had time to settle, I must exercise!  I too am trying to make changes in my diet and exercise, and good lord is it ever hard work.

I try telling myself that I really want to work on becoming healthier, but who am I kidding- I just want all of my pants to fit again!!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #259 on: March 16, 2006, 05:53:18 PM »

And a happy birthday to the lovely daughter of BK!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #260 on: March 16, 2006, 05:53:34 PM »

Killbot is attending an open call for the broadway musical version of this movie next week.

This isn't a new ALW musical is it?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #261 on: March 16, 2006, 05:56:57 PM »

*And I may end up getting some camera time when they come to film part of the orchestra rehearsal tomorrow.  Guess I should really try to get a good night's sleep tonight - I can't afford to have dark circles under my eyes tomorrow.  -Especially with that florescent lighting in the studio.

;)

Wear something stunning!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #262 on: March 16, 2006, 05:57:13 PM »

Jose, why haven't you called us?!

I thought I did, didn't I?  I thought I left a message earlier.

???

...Oh, but I did get a serious case of the drowsies a couple of hours ago, so...

???
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #263 on: March 16, 2006, 05:57:35 PM »

I went to Taco Del Mar for lunch today.  They have punch cards.  For every jumbo or super burrito that you buy, you can get your card punched (better than your face punched ;)) and when you have 10 punches, you get a free burrito...and Mondays are double-punch Monday, so you only need to buy five!  Anyway, I had a completely punched card, so today I got my free burrito!  It's a whole meal in itself. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #264 on: March 16, 2006, 05:59:46 PM »

Wear something stunning!

Well, I'll at least be wearing something warm.  We're rehearsing on the top floor of  building that is right off the West Side Highway - right by the water.  Lots of wind.  Lots of "cooling".  And every time they adjusted the thermostat in the room, the A/C would kick in.  Of course, one of the vents was right above me... well, dead center on my right hand.  It's very hard to play runs with chilled fingers.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #265 on: March 16, 2006, 06:02:15 PM »

Point taken.  

And do you accept my apology?  :-\

Yes. And what I wrote to DR Vixmom was not meant to say anything against you.  She is just very kind and I did not feel right about her feeling bad (thinking she said something that made me upset).

And btw, re: American Idol. Ace was in the bottom of the men? I don't remember that!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #266 on: March 16, 2006, 06:03:48 PM »

I've been slaving over a lyric - very difficult and I'm still only through the first verse and half the second verse.  So, here's a little brainstorming session - The song is called The World of Tomorrow, sung by someone in the 1950s positing how the future will be - i.e. cars that fly, no more smog, no more flu, crime, war, etc.  What other things would we have thought would be gone by now but are still with us?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #267 on: March 16, 2006, 06:05:00 PM »

We sometimes have disagreements on the board, as we all know - please, though, do keep it civil because it's ever so much fun.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #268 on: March 16, 2006, 06:13:21 PM »

It was lovely to come home from my super long day at work and find that Rodzinski had prepared pan fried salmon! I quickly heated up some mashed potatoes and greenbeans and we had a lovely dinner.

What, if anything, did he use for seasoning on the salmon?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #269 on: March 16, 2006, 06:15:31 PM »

Yes. And what I wrote to DR Vixmom was not meant to say anything against you.  She is just very kind and I did not feel right about her feeling bad (thinking she said something that made me upset).

And btw, re: American Idol. Ace was in the bottom of the men? I don't remember that!

I'm delighted!

As for Ace, I read it on the board at IdolonFox that Ace had been one of the lowest vote-getters in the final selection for the men.  I took it at face value, because the person writing seemed to know a lot about how everyone had fared each week leading up to the top 12.

The bottom line, though, is that he did not belong in that bottom three last night.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up