Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: DROOPY EYES  (Read 59758 times)

Danise

Re:DROOPY EYES
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2006, 10:55:12 AM »

I have just done some housekeeping and my inbox is spic and span

Putting your work from the in box into the trash can does NOT count as housekeeping!   :) :D ;D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2006, 10:56:32 AM »

Just got a chuckle out of watching Bear.  Someone walked down our sidewalk--by the time he got to his feet to look impressive as he woofed at them, they were 2 houses down!

Well done Bear!  Protect your home!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2006, 10:58:01 AM »

Putting your work from the in box into the trash can does NOT count as housekeeping!   :) :D ;D

Dang

are you sure?

vixmom

« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2006, 10:58:49 AM »

What about putting the stuff from your inbox into someone else's in box?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #124 on: March 17, 2006, 10:59:44 AM »

Beannachtai na Feile Padraig

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!
[/size] [/font][/color]

« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 11:03:53 AM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Danise

« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2006, 11:00:11 AM »

What about putting the stuff from your inbox into someone else's in box?

Only if you don't get caught!  :o
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

vixmom

« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2006, 11:03:11 AM »

[font size=7 color=green]Beannachtai na Feile Padraig

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!
[/font]

your code should say{size=7}{color=green}{b}Beannachtai na Feile Padraig{/size}{/color}{/b}

only substitute [ for {.... I had to use the wrong one so the code wouldn't work!
Happy St. Patrick's Day  

Danise

« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2006, 11:03:39 AM »

I forgot to do the:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]PAGE 5 DANCE!!!![/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]PAGE 5 DANCE!!!![/move]

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]PAGE 5 DANCE!!!![/move]

[move=down,scroll,6,transparent,100%]PAGE 5 DANCE!!!![/move]

In green, of course.  
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 11:09:55 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

vixmom

« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2006, 11:04:36 AM »

Only if you don't get caught!  :o

what's that saying? "it's only wrong if you get caught"

vixmom

« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2006, 11:05:17 AM »

Cool Beans Dakotacelt! You got it!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2006, 11:05:43 AM »

Ahhh, a man after my own heart.  (Type A, S. Woody?).
Nope, I don't drive.

If anything, I was the driver causing the problems, back when I did drive.  Terrified when I was behind the wheel.  You know, the guy who blocks all the traffic on the highway, and when you finally get even with him, you glance over and see he's totally white-knuckled?  That was me.

Which is why I don't drive any more.

Der B is my chauffeur.

And I can walk to work.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2006, 11:08:05 AM »

May you always walk in sunshine.
May you never want for more.
May Irish angels rest their wings
right beside your door.    

-

A little blessing for the day!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2006, 11:10:46 AM »

I got a 95  out of 100 on the 20 question test

So did I.  I forget which one I got wrong, though.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2006, 11:10:52 AM »

what's that saying? "it's only wrong if you get caught"
;D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2006, 11:11:21 AM »

Media Check:

CD: The Chieftains -- Long Black Veil
VHS: Secret of Roan Inish
DVD:  nothing at the moment....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2006, 11:13:14 AM »

I've been listening to Irish tenor Frank Patterson, who was a dear friend, and I still mourn his passing.  I met him in the late 1980s after he'd been in John Houston's beautiful film THE DEAD (why isn't that on DVD?).  He, his lovely wife Eile, and their son had a house in Bronxville, and every year Frank produced a St Patrick's Day show at Radio City on the Saturday before March 17.  I think I scored, over all, around 5 of them.  There were clog dancers, harpists, pipers, Eile's brother-in-law was a Dublin comedian who hosted, performers came from all over the east coast.  Frank had a couple of sets, accompanied by Eile on harp or piano and the band.  They were gloriously tacky and a lot of fun.

I still get an ASCAP royalty every year from Frank's "America the Beautiful," which is on one of his television programs they still play on PBS.  Here's to Frank!  I still miss you.

Frank did have a beautiful voice...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2006, 11:16:35 AM »

Good vibes to DR Vixmom's friends

Good writing vibes to TPunk....

Break a leg audition vibes to Penny O

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2006, 11:20:02 AM »

This is what I'm listening to:

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2006, 11:20:10 AM »

Sorry to say that both Quiet Man DVDs are appallingly bad, image-wise - soft, verging on out-of-focus and looking nothing like that gloriously photographed film should look.  One hears rumors of a new DVD coming from Paramount, who now owns the Republic library.

I shall write TPunk's paper.  In fact, I've already started it.  I have no idea what subject she's supposed to write about, but it's quite good so far.

Perhaps i can offer a few suggestions. Is this the topic she mentioned a while back on Like water for Chocloate... I read the book and I am very familiar iwth it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2006, 11:26:02 AM »

When we got there, we found that they had a sneak preview of The Playboy of the Western World with Siobhan McKenna before the Peter Sellers.  

My friends found it boring.  As for me, after the first half hour it took before I could understand a word of the dialogue (real Irish dialect, as opposed to movie dialect), I thought it was a lovely film, a lovely film.

So in college I checked out a recording from the library of Siobhan doing the play, and I taped it on my old Wollensack.  Ah, for recordings of plays!  I used to drift to sleep listening to them.

So I can hear Siobhan McKenna's voice clear as day:Quotes thanks to Project Gutenberg, a wonderful resource for those of you who have not discovered it.  All of classical literature at your fingertips.

DR WFO

Is this version that was released back in 1963. I have a copy that was released in 1960 (?) that my freind cassie converted from her Pals format tape to NTSC....

Nicely done I thought and it was great to Leo Rowsome on the pipes. The Music was done by Sean O'Riada and Ceoltoiri Cualann. Ironically, Ceoltoiri Cualann were the forerunners to the Chieftains...

I have several records of Ceoltoiri Cualann....

Other films that used Irish instrucments was Barry Lyndon (Chieftains got an oscar for their work here), Grey Fox (Chiefttains got a Juno award here) and Love Spell (Another chieftains score)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2006, 11:30:44 AM »

Just bought a corned beef.  What is the easiest way to cook it?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2006, 11:32:21 AM »

Thanks, Vixmom!!! Jeez, auditions at MY AGE!!! Actually, I'm having more fun than I've had in decades. I actually LIKE auditioning again, as I did when I were a wee slip of a young actress...
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~EVERLASTIN' VOIBES FOR DR PENNYO THIS SAINT PADDY'S DAY IN ALL ENDEAVORS SHE TAKES ON!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2006, 11:35:57 AM »

A Minneapolis couple decided to go to Florida to thaw out during a particularly icy winter.

They planned to stay at the same hotel where they spent their honeymoon 20 years earlier.

Because of hectic schedules, it was difficult to coordinate their travel schedules, so the husband left Minnesota and flew to Florida on Thursday, with his wife flying down the following day.

The husband checked into the hotel. There was a computer in his room, so he decided to send an email to his wife. However, he accidentally left out one letter in her email address, and without realizing his error, sent the email.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Houston, a widow had just returned home from her husband's funeral. He was a minister who was called home to glory following a heart attack.

The widow decided to check her email expecting messages from relatives and friends.

After reading the first message, she screamed and fainted.

The widow's son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor, and saw the computer screen which read:

To: My loving wife
Subject: I've arrived
Date: December 16, 2005

I know you're surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now and you are allowed to send e-mails to your loved ones.

I've just arrived and have been checked in. I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you then. Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.

PS  It sure is hot down here!!!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2006, 11:40:16 AM »

Like DR Ron said, it's raining here in the Bay Area.  It's cold, too, which I don't particularly like.  Rain is fine, cold rain is not.

I'm finally enjoying playing "Aida" and the kids pulled off the preview performance last night. I think the run will be great.  I'm now interested in Verdi's version

DR Elmore, (or any other DR) can you reccomend a good recording of Verdi's "Aida"?

Yep!  Leontyne Price, Robert Merrill, Jon Vickers, conducted by Sir Georg Solti on London/Decca.  This set is excellent and reasonably priced.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2006, 11:42:24 AM »

DR VIXMOM:

"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2006, 11:50:31 AM »

DR VIXMOM:

Too cute WFO...

did you find that on Google?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 11:51:19 AM by DakotaCelt »

Matthew

« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2006, 11:51:38 AM »

Yep!  Leontyne Price, Robert Merrill, Jon Vickers, conducted by Sir Georg Solti on London/Decca.  This set is excellent and reasonably priced.

Thank you!!  As always I appreciate your comments and suggestions - I'm off to amazon!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2006, 11:54:07 AM »

DRMatthew,  I also like the Angel-EMI recording of AIDA with Monserrat Caballe and Domingo.  

The dress rehearsal of FIDELIO was amazing, well cast, well sung, well staged and well conducted.  I thought an opera about political prisoners and their clandestine assassination was a good choice for the day, and the Met production is set in this century, rather than 18th Century Spain.  It's one of the few pieces that works in a contemporary setting, and I think it helps drive home the point of the piece.  I was quite moved by it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2006, 11:59:41 AM »

I had not heard of Monserrat Caballle until I heard her on the Agnes Brown soundtrack and she recorded Last Rose of Summer with the Chieftains. Beautiful rendition....

Matthew

« Reply #149 on: March 17, 2006, 12:09:52 PM »

Corned Beef is in the pot, Aida is ordered.  So much productivity in a matter of minutes!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up