Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 190,000 POSTS  (Read 60554 times)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
Re:190,000 POSTS
« Reply #210 on: March 18, 2006, 06:13:31 PM »

I can't wait until I'm no longer a student.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #211 on: March 18, 2006, 06:14:06 PM »

I've cleared the room with my talk of babies and midterms. It's just me and BK.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #212 on: March 18, 2006, 06:14:33 PM »

I shall now be on my way to the theater, after which I shall return.  Keep the partay going, you dear, dear people out there in the dark.

Tomovoz

« Reply #213 on: March 18, 2006, 06:39:50 PM »

The LOTR has returned to cyberspace!
FJL's (and Skip's) review .......
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #214 on: March 18, 2006, 06:44:40 PM »

DR TPunk:  "Babe" is the perfect Business Management  theory based film and covers major concepts:
Conflict in Ownership goals:  the farmer and his wife
Conflict in management styles. Babe and Sheepdogs
Technology replacing workers. Alarm clock and rooster
Outside takeovers - sheep rustling
Unionism - MA
Reluctance to adapt
Multi skilling
Communication.

And the significance of the round peg in the square hole factor - the duck!

It was a brilliant teaching aid.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

FJL

« Reply #215 on: March 18, 2006, 06:49:36 PM »

Tomovoz - Skip had to hold me back because i was about to do LONE RINGER AND TORONTO jokes - in Toronto!

Tomovoz

« Reply #216 on: March 18, 2006, 06:55:28 PM »

No wonder I like You!!
James Thurber 1957

FJL

« Reply #217 on: March 18, 2006, 07:03:16 PM »

The LOTR stage show is quite something as a spectacle beyond anything I've seen in a piece that's telling a story (of what I've seen, only Cirque du Soleil's "O" has surpassed it visually).  Both Skip and I thought the choreography/musical staging was among the best large-scale work we've seen in terms of character and storytelling.  Our trip to Toronto was a day well-spent.  

I can't begin to predict the critics' reactions, though.  I suspect that the critical reception of the show next week will depend upon how much the critics are willing to accept a mega-musical (or some might call it a mega-play-with-songs-and-choreography) where you just might get lost from time to time if you don't know the story going in.

FJL

« Reply #218 on: March 18, 2006, 07:07:52 PM »

Congrats to Anthony on the BATB casting news!

Tomovoz

« Reply #219 on: March 18, 2006, 07:07:54 PM »

Thanks Fred.. We are very tempted - let's hope it survives until mid October.
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2006, 07:19:11 PM »

I need to go back to work so I can relax!  I still have 2 whole weeks of "rest" ahead of me.  Lord only knows what else is going to happen in that time.  I don't know if I'm going to make it.   :D

LOL!  I can SO relate to this.  The week I allowed myself after surgery on my elbow was probably the most effective week of house-cleaning I ever had.

I blame the Vicodin, 'cause after every dose, I'd spot something that bothered me...and before I knew it (sometimes after 90 minutes or so) I'd taken care of it -- cleaned it, sorted, rearranged it, etc., etc.

I was glad to go to work just to get away from the cleaning!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #221 on: March 18, 2006, 07:23:08 PM »

At least we can amuse ourselves DR François.

There's a joke in there somewhere...but it requires TCB, I think!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 07:23:19 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2006, 07:31:38 PM »

Spent some time yakking on the phone this morning, and then watched a few hours of "Discovery" channel...one reenactment of the Howard Carter story..the man who found King Tut's tomb...followed by an investigation of the real cause of King Tut's death (murders has been ruled OUT, in case I was the only one here who had not heard that).  

I nodded off before I learned the true cause of death, but was not a deliberate act on the part of anyone else, the show said.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2006, 08:37:37 PM »

To the theory of murder, the experts did say, "Tut tut."

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2006, 08:38:24 PM »

Cillaliiz, now we'll see if your Iowa coach becomes the coach of the Indiana Hoosiers.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #225 on: March 18, 2006, 09:02:18 PM »

Odd movie today on Fox Movie Channel I watched:
The great Steve Cochran alongside the heavily filtered visage of Merle Oberon in the 1963 film, OF LOVE AND DESIRE.

It was the last film for Cochran that would really see the light of day, and it has a lot of beautiful scenery and location work.  I recommend it if only as an opportunity to see Cochran in a rare sympatheic role.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #226 on: March 18, 2006, 09:11:20 PM »

Good evening!

I've had a full evening of very ecclectic offerings on DVD and TV.

I finished up the Judy Garland biographical documentary BY MYSELF. Highly recommended to all who haven't yet gotten EASTER PARADE or taken the time to watch the extras on the second disc.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #227 on: March 18, 2006, 09:14:27 PM »

Next, I finished HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE which I was watching one last time before putting it on the shelf for a little while. Makes me eager to read the book now to get all the backstories that the film must have left out.

Matt H.

« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2006, 09:15:46 PM »

Next came an episode from the last disc in the FIREFLY set. Grand adventure and emotional involvement - Joss Whedon trademarks.

I only have two episodes of the set left, and I'll be so unhappy when I get to the end. I will hate to leave these wonderful characters.

Matt H.

« Reply #229 on: March 18, 2006, 09:16:58 PM »

Since I was in a Joss Whedon frame of mind, I took the third season of ANGEL off the shelf and watched the first episode of it from disc 1. Instantly transported back into that fascinating world even though I hadn't watched any ANGEL episodes in quite some time.

Matt H.

« Reply #230 on: March 18, 2006, 09:19:49 PM »

And then I noticed a 2004 film on Showtime I hadn't seen but was curious about - TWISTED with Samuel E. Jackson and Ashley Judd. I had liked Ashley Judd's mysteries KISS THE GIRLS and ALONG CAME A SPIDER, so I was hoping for something of the same thing here.

Well, there was certainly an attempt at a mystery, but it was SO obvious, and the plotting and characters so pathetically laid out that it was really an embarrassment to watch. I won't begin to go into the inanities of the story, but let this serve as a warning to anyone who might be curious about this loser of a mystery. Save yourself 95 minutes of your life.

Matt H.

« Reply #231 on: March 18, 2006, 09:21:59 PM »

Tomorrow more FIREFLY and more ANGEL and I may put in one of the remaining two Miss Marples from the box though I saw both of them fairly recently on the DVDs I had burned for myself from TCM.

Cillaliz

« Reply #232 on: March 18, 2006, 09:24:13 PM »

Cillaliiz, now we'll see if your Iowa coach becomes the coach of the Indiana Hoosiers.

I haven't paid any attention to the Alford going to Indiana rumors for years.  It comes up every spring and he seems to stay We'll see what happens this year

Cillaliz

« Reply #233 on: March 18, 2006, 09:26:58 PM »

I used to hang out in bars and drink beer and watch a lot of basketball. I pretty much quit doing that about 5 years ago and I've totally lost touch with Basketball. I really haven't missed it, but I have had lots of fun with the NCAAs in the past. I went to the Regionals in Tucson back in...oh man, maybe 1990 or so...it was a blast!   With all the upsets, I may start watching.

MBarnum

« Reply #234 on: March 18, 2006, 09:28:50 PM »

Just finished THE BIG BEAT starring William Reynolds and a host of 1950s musical acts like THE DIAMONDS, THE DEL VIKINGS, THE LANCERS (?), GOGI GRANT, THE MILLS BROS. and more...fairly entertaining...this was a DVDr that I purchased...the print and sound were horrible and I paid a fortune for it, but I am glad to finally have been able to see it.

MBarnum

« Reply #235 on: March 18, 2006, 09:29:17 PM »

And I am now very curious about THE LANCERS.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #236 on: March 18, 2006, 09:32:15 PM »

Which Lafayette?

The dog in the Aristocats?!

Never thought of that....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #237 on: March 18, 2006, 09:35:38 PM »

Now we have ship as well as sheep references.

In Montana, the women are scarce and the sheep are scared
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #238 on: March 18, 2006, 09:38:34 PM »

No really, I think you guys are quite punny.

they are indeed punnily funny!  just a couple of punlovin' guys!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #239 on: March 18, 2006, 09:44:34 PM »

And then I noticed a 2004 film on Showtime I hadn't seen but was curious about - TWISTED with Samuel E. Jackson and Ashley Judd. I had liked Ashley Judd's mysteries KISS THE GIRLS and ALONG CAME A SPIDER, so I was hoping for something of the same thing here.

I liked Ashley Judd in Double Jeopardy. It reminded mei in a way of Double Indemnity
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up