Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CAT IS OUT OF THE BAG  (Read 59492 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE CAT IS OUT OF THE BAG
« on: March 19, 2006, 12:23:58 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know that the cat is out of the bag (yes, there is a pussy on the loose), and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently trying to get out of the bag, as well.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 12:13:10 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE CAT IS OUT OF THE BAG
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 12:26:40 AM »

And the word of the day is: PUFFIN!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 12:27:07 AM »

And a happy haineshisway.com birthday wish to former dear reader Jay.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 12:35:03 AM by bk »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 12:30:16 AM »

And a happy haineshisway.com to former dear reader Jay.

Yes, a very happy haineshisway.com to DR Jay! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 12:37:08 AM »

happy Birthday DR Jay!!

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 12:38:07 AM »

BK, does the title of the book have to be the title of one of the stories?  One of the things that I loved about The Manhattan Transfer's albums was that, out of their more than twenty albums, only two were named the same as a song ("The Offbeat Of Avenues" from 1992 was the first and their latest CD, "Vibrate" was the only other one).  Two others came close...they named one album "Bodies and Souls," and later recorded the song, "Body and Soul."  And on their next to last recording called "Couldn't Be Hotter," they had a song called, "Nothing Could Be Hotter Than That."  I always thought that that was cool, that they specifically didn't name their albums after the name of a song.  Just a thought.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 12:41:34 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 12:41:01 AM »

Most of the short story collections I have have titles of one of the stories in the book.  I suppose I could just call it Short Stories, but that doesn't seem right.  I may print the two or three titles that are the only possibles, and take a poll.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 12:41:14 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Broken leg vibes to bk!! Knock em dead!![/move]
[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Broken leg vibes to bk!! Knock em dead!![/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Broken leg vibes to bk!! Knock em dead!![/move]
[move=down,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Broken leg vibes to bk!! Knock em dead!![/move]
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 12:42:13 AM »

Too bad I am in ND..... I would love to see it...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 12:42:41 AM »

Most of the short story collections I have have titles of one of the stories in the book.  I suppose I could just call it Short Stories, but that doesn't seem right.  I may print the two or three titles that are the only possibles, and take a poll.

Journeylands?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2006, 12:43:44 AM »

Mind Dances??  Dream States??   Kritzer Memories?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2006, 12:45:05 AM »

Walking in a Hazy Mist of Life

George

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2006, 12:46:26 AM »

Too bad I am in ND..... I would love to see it...

BK did write in his notes:
...it looks like we’ll be taping the final two performances in hi-def, with a look to perhaps selling it. It isn’t 100% yet, but it’s close.

So it may be possible for you (and anyone else) to see it!  Of course, it's not the same as seeing it live, but still, I think it's a pretty exciting possibility!

« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 12:47:28 AM by George »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2006, 12:53:37 AM »

BK did write in his notes:So it may be possible for you (and anyone else) to see it!  Of course, it's not the same as seeing it live, but still, I think it's a pretty exciting possibility!

I hope it does happen.... I adore Matt as an actor..... Sorry to sound like a gushing fan but I have enjoyed him as an actor for years....

I seem to remember bk on some old 80s shows.... Could be very interesting....

A freind of mine who is dancer with a ballet company in NYC sent me a taped copy of her performance in Charles' Dickens' A Christmas Carol...

She did a beautiful job.

George

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2006, 01:03:32 AM »

DakotaCelt, sounds like you love Matt as much as I love The Manhattan Transfer.  I have all of their albums, and I've traded obscure songs with this guy in Utah!  He's gotten CD copies 20+ year old radio interviews!  I've recorded several of their concerts that've been broadcast on the Internet.  And one time, Janis Siegel (the alto, and my favorite member of the group) was doing a radio interview in St. Louis, MO that was also being streamed on the 'net.  I stayed home from work (I told my boss what I was doing and I had the vacation time ;)) and recorded this half-hour interview.  It was also a live call-in show and I called (free long distance on my cell phone!) and spoke with Janis on the radio that was also being streamed live on the Internet!  It was pretty cool!

« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 01:04:55 AM by George »

George

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2006, 01:10:36 AM »

Well, I'm off to bed.  Goodnight, DakotaCelt!

And (officially) a Very Happy BIRTHDAY to former DR Jay! ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2006, 01:10:40 AM »

DakotaCelt, sounds like you love Matt as much as I love The Manhattan Transfer.  I have all of their albums, and I've traded obscure songs with this guy in Utah!  He's gotten CD copies 20+ year old radio interviews!  I've recorded several of their concerts that've been broadcast on the Internet.  And one time, Janis Siegel (the alto, and my favorite member of the group) was doing a radio interview in St. Louis, MO that was also being streamed on the 'net.  I stayed home from work (I told my boss what I was doing and I had the vacation time ;)) and recorded this half-hour interview.  It was also a live call-in show and I called (free long distance on my cell phone!) and spoke with Janis on the radio that was also being streamed live on the Internet!  It was pretty cool!

cool.....

I also like Manhattan Transfer.

Matt is one of few actors taht impressed me and transcended close captiioning. The soaps were among the first programs to be CC'ed

I have the greatest difficulty with the telly but I am undeterred.!!   My freind Sandi and I used to argue over Matt.

I have a lot tapes and clips of hwen he was on many of the soaps. From those who have met him, they say he is a very nice person... Not sure if I would be cool calm collected if I ever met him or if I would be a blithering idiot....

I have met my all time favorite music group: The Chieftains. My knees were jelly!

I have even written several album and concert reviews that appears on a fansite dedicated to the group...

I have done my best to keep a level head....

I am also big lover of theatre and the perofrming arts.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2006, 03:50:44 AM »

Good morning, all!  I have a lot of writing this morning, so I am up quite early.  5:45 am was a mistake, so I slept until 6:20, and I'm ready to head downtown for several hours, do a bit of writing, make a photocopy, and be productive.

Dear Friend BK, I think you should wear a dickey in the play.

I have nothing else to add at the moment so I'm out of here.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2006, 05:43:28 AM »

Dear BK,
How much longer will the play run? I think I must make another trip to Los Angeles now.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2006, 06:02:57 AM »

Happy Birthday to former DRJAY - who photographed the Allison Hayes abode for me and great personal risk to his automobile....the street was VERY narrow.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2006, 06:03:41 AM »

Great news about Mr BK and the Play...and of course it is only appropriate that the announcement be made that he is playing the role because the other actor came down with lumbago.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2006, 06:05:13 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Learning lines & video vibes for playwright, actor, producer, and bon vivan Bruce Kimmel.
Think of the lines at the Box Office!  You must send out indian runners to corral critics from bars or steamrooms or wherever they hole up in.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2006, 06:05:27 AM »

Work today. :P

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2006, 06:07:21 AM »

Congrats to TPUNK on her almost finished paper.

To ANTHONY on his part in BATB.

Yes DRFRANCOIS - Miss Annette speaks fondly of her years at Disney and considers Walt Disney the person responsible for her career.  They take care of her and help her with publicity when she needs them.  They also own her name.....unless it's produced by Disney, she has to be called something else.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2006, 06:07:44 AM »

Topic of the day...

Which animals can see in color?

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2006, 07:09:35 AM »

DE (that's Dear Esteemed) bk... the plan is to be in attendance on March 31.  I must get my ticket NOW!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2006, 07:13:40 AM »

Good morning!

Pretty day but on the cool side and will remain so for several days. Really not warming up until midweek at least.

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2006, 07:14:08 AM »

It is official, I'll be there March 31!

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2006, 07:14:40 AM »

Happy Birthday to former DR Jay! If you're lurking, we miss your reports on all things artistic in the area.

Matt H.

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2006, 07:16:27 AM »

I'm delighted about yopur news and decision, bk. Let's face it: you've been frustrated from the get-go by this actor, and this is the sanest solution to the problem. The fact that it will be preserved for posterity by someone who "gets it" is the cherry on top of the sundae.

Crossed fingers and broken legs on your upcoming performances!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up