Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: SHOW TIME  (Read 61379 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:SHOW TIME
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2006, 09:35:46 AM »

Elmore

Your Priority Mail package is in the hands of the US Post Office
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2006, 09:36:14 AM »

I didn't.  I'll have to make it a point to review that scene very carefully a few times.

Probably be best to watch in slow motion.

Maybe frame-by-frame would be better.

And just to be sure, maybe I should go out and buy a widescreen HD TV to view the scene.

Hmmm...

What were we talking about again?

Dan(tM):  Now that you know it's there, slo-mo won't be needed...but...it won't hurt, either.

And you don't need HDTV...I saw it on a 12-year-old Sony 19-inch TV!  And the VHS replay caught it all!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 09:41:53 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2006, 09:36:42 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]BROKEN-LEG VIBES AND XYLOPHONES TO DW BK!![/move]

And in line with the following

– then I just have to let my head rest and as Doris Day sang, Whatever Will Be, Will Be.
from today's notes,

Here is a link to the MP3 Esperanto version.

And here is the CD cover.

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

vixmom

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2006, 09:36:46 AM »

FJL

There was a mistake in your order, there is a message in your mailbox.  Let me know how you want it handled and soon your package will be in the hands of the US Post Office!

Danise

« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2006, 09:36:55 AM »

Danise--- Your priority mail package is in the hands of the US Post Office!!

Many healing vibes to the Vixter!  

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

Thank you for sending the package but you shouldn't have worried about it.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2006, 09:37:18 AM »

Elmore

Your Priority Mail package is in the hands of the US Post Office

THERE SHE IS!

I knew you were taking time to nurse the vixter, but I figured you'd be posting from home!

Are you home still?  If so, why so quiet?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2006, 09:37:57 AM »

Oh!  I get it!  You've been packaging up Girl Scout cookie orders!

:D

vixmom

« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2006, 09:41:17 AM »

Yesterday the Vixter and I watched Bride and Prejudice.  we both liked it very much.

Now i have to get Pride and Prejudice for her to see.  A while ago someone (elmore?) suiggested a particiular version that we should watch but I cannot remember if it was  the Colin Firth version or the BBC version

Suggestions welcome

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2006, 09:41:59 AM »

Dan(tM):  Now that you know it's there, slo-mo won't be needed...but...it won't hurt, either.

Hey!  Hey!  Don't interfere with my methodology!  

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2006, 09:43:24 AM »

THERE SHE IS!

I knew you were taking time to nurse the vixter, but I figured you'd be posting from home!

Are you home still?  If so, why so quiet?

She has been getting her homework assignements by email and completeing them and sending them back the same way, basically hogging the whole computer  ;D

Right now she is reading something in a text book but she must then write a three page paper which will pretty much shoot down the rest of the day compyer wise

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2006, 09:43:31 AM »

I think there's much to be said for several versions...the 1940 MGM Greer Garson/Laurence Olivier version is wonderful fun....the BBC/A&E co-production with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth is superb (IMO), and I understand the movie that came out last year is magical.

It's a great story!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 09:46:54 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2006, 09:44:14 AM »

Hey!  Hey!  Don't interfere with my methodology!  

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2006, 09:44:32 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~ ~ ~ ~ ~  HEALTHY VIBES FOR THE VIXTER  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~[/move]

[move=RIGHT,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !  HEAD NURSE VIBES FOR DR VIXMOM  ! ! ! ! ![/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Danise

« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2006, 09:45:00 AM »

Yesterday the Vixter and I watched Bride and Prejudice.  we both liked it very much.

Now i have to get Pride and Prejudice for her to see.  A while ago someone (elmore?) suiggested a particiular version that we should watch but I cannot remember if it was  the Colin Firth version or the BBC version

Suggestions welcome

Funny you should mention it because,I watched the first half of the Special Edition Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth last night.  I LOVE it and will watch the 2nd half tonight.

I bought the other copy that is not the SE some time back but I like the show so much I had to have them both.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2006, 09:49:54 AM »

Thaks for reposting the link, DR RLP.  I have ordered the GOODBYE MR CHIPS cd.  I almost ordered the RETURN TO PEYTON PLACE cd a bit ago....  I wanted that one.  But this one I WANTED!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

vixmom

« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2006, 09:50:47 AM »

The Vixter is actually feeling better today but she is spending most of the day getting all the homework out of the way because the annual I-CON has come to StonyBrook LI and we have our three day passes ans plan to go.

Of ocurse two of her teachers decided to assign major assignments to be done over the weekend

(Doesn't it ever occur to these teachers that we might have plans for our child?  Why do they insist on filling every free minute with some nonsense assignment!  Perhaos we would like to spemd some time as a family ....AUUUGH!! ) So since she has been basicallyout all week out Monday, back Tuesday, sent home by the school nurse Thursday  and doing school work at home all that time I said the heck with it, kept her home and I'm letting her do all the weekend work now.  Hopefully by 5 PM she will be done and we will be on our way to Stonybrook University!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2006, 09:51:10 AM »

Good health vibes to Vixter!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2006, 09:51:41 AM »

Wait a minute, DRJOSE.  What were all your big Broadway stars and musicians doing on the subway.  I thought Equity provided that you all would be chauffeured everywhere in Chrylser Imperial limosines.

That's what happened to Carroll Baker in BUT NOT FOR ME.

vixmom

« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2006, 09:51:55 AM »

She tells me she's ready to start that dreadful paper now so I am signing off!!

vixmom

« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2006, 09:52:04 AM »

but first!!!!

Danise

« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2006, 09:52:42 AM »

I'm not 100% sure but I seem to be seeing little bits in the SD edition that I don't remember.  The box doesn't say anything about deleted scenes.  It may just be that my memory isn't always what it should be.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2006, 09:53:12 AM »

Suggestions welcome

I liked both versions but I prefer the BBC version...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2006, 09:53:51 AM »

I saw that LOST scene as well, but I guess I wasn't paying much attention.

I did watch some of the World Championships last night...I had forgotten they were on!  Tuned in just in time to see the men's champion crowned.  In a "round table" with some former champions a bit later, there was some "bad-mouthing" of some skaters going on...including Mr Weir who finished....

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Seventh

vixmom

« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2006, 09:54:00 AM »

[move=UP,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~BROKEN LEG VIBES TO OUR ESTEEMED BK!!!!!!~~[/move]

Danise

« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2006, 09:54:35 AM »

Have a wonderful time at the con!  I know that I at least will want a full report!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

vixmom

« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2006, 09:56:09 AM »

[move=down,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~First Broadway Preview Vibes~~~~~~~~~[/move]

for our beloved Jose

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2006, 10:00:42 AM »

The Vixter is actually feeling better today but she is spending most of the day getting all the homework out of the way because the annual I-CON has come to StonyBrook LI and we have our three day passes ans plan to go.

Of ocurse two of her teachers decided to assign major assignments to be done over the weekend

(Doesn't it ever occur to these teachers that we might have plans for our child?  Why do they insist on filling every free minute with some nonsense assignment!  Perhaos we would like to spemd some time as a family ....AUUUGH!! ) So since she has been basicallyout all week out Monday, back Tuesday, sent home by the school nurse Thursday  and doing school work at home all that time I said the heck with it, kept her home and I'm letting her do all the weekend work now.  Hopefully by 5 PM she will be done and we will be on our way to Stonybrook University!!

Have fun at ICon Vixter, Vixdad and Vixmom!!

NO teacher's don't, they relish in it... I hear that complaint all the time in the library I work at... THey (the professors) were particularly nasty this year before spring break, several assigned large papers to be writting during break.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2006, 10:02:09 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Broken leg vibes to DR Jose!![/move]

Jennifer

« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2006, 10:13:06 AM »

LOST DISCUSSION.

:)

I think it was either a Terry O'Quinn joke...OR...a deliberate insert directed at the audience that says, "Yes!  Men DO check each other out in the locker rooms!"

What does it mean if it's a Terry O'Quinn joke?

See I wasn't at all thinking about the men checking each other out angle.

I was thinking that perhas either Locke has a crush on Jack.  But it actually seemed like Jack was the one very uncomfortable.

Danise

« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2006, 10:14:17 AM »

I am very much looking forward to hearing all the news from how BK's play goes tonight.

I also can't wait to hear DR Jose's report tomorrow about how his first preview on Broadway goes!  

I'm almost as excited as if I was there!  Which, I wish I was!  If we all could only teleport to CA and then to NY.  Sigh.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up