Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: BUT, I DIGRESS  (Read 64575 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:BUT, I DIGRESS
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2006, 05:53:10 PM »

I'm so bummed!  Tonight was the last episode of the surpassing-all-imagination wonderful SLINGS & ARROWS.  It had a lovely ending.  I don't know if the Canadians did a third season, but two seasons is not nearly enough.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2006, 06:06:20 PM »

Yes indeed, unheralded George Mason University has made the hallowed ground of the NCAA Final Four. Pretty nice when a school nobody even thought should be in the tournament makes it that far.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2006, 06:06:42 PM »

I've heard many good things about Slings and Arrows.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2006, 06:13:34 PM »

Kiddies, why don't we get some postin' goin' on, seriously.  Let's not let this last week of March go into the toilet, so to speak.

Danise

« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2006, 06:22:28 PM »

I see DR Jose on the board so I'm guessing he's catching up and gearing up to tell us all the news!   :)

I remember something from the other day--TV shows we wish were on DVD, I think?  Well, I just found (and bought) one of my very favorites--Hardcastle & McCormick Season 1.  I'm really looking forward to seeing the show again.  

I always wanted the theme song but could never find it.

I have a question.  Does anyone here know what do with a grieving dog?  Bear has been "crying" these past couple of nights.  I think it's finely hit him that Brandi is gone.  He never cried like this before and won't stop unless I sit with him on the couch.  I pet  him and tell him everything is ok but if I move, he starts it all over again.  

He also has taken to sleeping with me again.  For the longest time, he would just sleep on the couch thru the night.  

He acts strange when I leave him out and I think he's looking for her.  He also refuses to go into his doghouse (where she died).  I don't know what to do for him.  Any suggestions?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2006, 06:22:54 PM »

Good Evening!

Hello.  My name is Jose.  And I am a Broadway Pit Musician.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2006, 06:22:56 PM »

Today I went to church. Then we went to lunch. Then we went to a pet store and petted puppies. The end.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2006, 06:23:14 PM »

Well, I haven't posted an LP cover from the collection in awhile.

Here is one I bought strictly for the cover, which I thought told a little story. If you can't tell, the poor fella's crying.

Tomovoz

« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2006, 06:24:44 PM »

Not sure if this translates!!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2006, 06:25:55 PM »

Bananas in pajamas got blown away by the twister?

Tomovoz

« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2006, 06:25:58 PM »

Good confessional Jose.  Congratulations.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2006, 06:26:08 PM »

Good Evening!

YEAH JOSE!!!!! You are too cool

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2006, 06:26:23 PM »

Danise-
I found this website that has some interesting info on your pup's problem.

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=1400&S=1

Tomovoz

« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2006, 06:27:16 PM »

Indeed..  Cyclone Larry. Banana "plantations" in Queensland were destroyed.
James Thurber 1957

Danise

« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2006, 06:27:20 PM »

I also remember a Blake 7 question from the other day.  

I've heard of it--I know it's a British sci fi show--but I can't remember ever watching it.  

Some British shows I remember watching (and enjoying) are Chief !, The Goodies, Some Mother Do Have'em and Red Dwarf .

« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 06:34:28 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2006, 06:27:37 PM »

...Since I had some time to spare, I went ahead and de-trained at Columbus Circle so that I could walk down to the Palace from there.  I went ahead and stopped into Duane Reade to pick up some supplies for the pit - Twizzlers and Hershey's Miniatures.  ;)

Then as I approached Times Square, I went ahead and took a few more pics of the Lestat marquee.  Unfortunately, my digital camera does seem to be giving up it's ghost, so they came out sort of fuzzy, but at least I know what it looked yesterday before I headed into the theatre...
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2006, 06:29:01 PM »

Good Evening!

Jose!  I was getting ready to send out the Marines to look for you!  I was starting to think you got kidnapped or worse on the way home!   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2006, 06:29:02 PM »

Well, I ran over to the old house and found no people but a totally demolished window well cover.  I swapped that one for another cover since it's supposed to rain and that's the window well that leaks if it isn't covered. I left the smashed cover sitting there as a warning sign that these things do break.

It wasn't covered with snow or anything.  My neighbor said she heard them laughing about it.  Not really funny, those were special order covers and weren't cheap.  Oh well, I'm not living there

Tomovoz

« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2006, 06:29:40 PM »

The Commonweath Games finished here yesterday.
The closing ceremony had a spectacular segment from the 2010 host country - India. Michael Barnum would have loved it.  Bollywood live!
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2006, 06:30:30 PM »

Better run. Painting is done, but my brief isn't and since I had an extension until tomorrow morning, I must get it done tonight. I'll be back later

Donna

• It's never too late.
    • Cabaret West
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2006, 06:32:40 PM »

Speaking of LIZA WITH A Z (at least you were earlier today) - I actually SAW the show when it came to L.A. Liza was fabulous! What astounded me was her energy--how she could get enough breath to sing after dancing so hard. Then I found out afterward that some of the songs were pre-recorded and she was lip syncing! Ah, such disillusionment. She's still a wonderful entertainer though.

I also like the show she did at Carnegie Hall with her "tribe" of female dancers AND the film STEPPING OUT, which had a very short run.

By the way, did anyone see her on Larry King recently. Some radio talk show host was playing clips from it and making fun of her. The way they edited it, she sounded like she was drunk. I hope she's okay.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2006, 06:33:29 PM »

Once I was in the theatre, I went ahead and headed up to the seventh floor to set my things down and see if there were any Notes and/or new charts and keyboard programming.  There were, but not too many.  So... I went ahead and headed back down to the Basement and headed for the Door Man's booth...

"Hey, Eddy, do you have the Playbills?"
-Yes.  How many would you like?
"Five."
-Here ya' go, bud.

...And my fingers just would not turn the pages properly... I got the title page... Then to the cast and crew bios... Then the second page of photos of the ensemble...

-Hmm... Did they not list the musical numbers and musicians since we're still in previews?

...Eventually, I found the cast listing and the musical numbers... And the listing of the Pit Musicians...

At first, I almost thought my name had been left out - it's happened before - but then realized that the keyboard players were being listed toward the end of the listing...

-Ah, there I am...

I think I even cried a little bit.

;)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 06:34:52 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2006, 06:35:20 PM »

Jose!  I was getting ready to send out the Marines to look for you!  I was starting to think you got kidnapped or worse on the way home!   :)
Jose may still like the marines to visit.
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2006, 06:35:56 PM »

*I asked for five Playbills - three for me, and one for each of my "roommates" on the seventh floor.

**And I did pick up a few more on the way out after the show too.

Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2006, 06:36:38 PM »

I actually tried to snag some Playbills for ya in advance last week, but none made it upstairs from the press!

Danise

« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2006, 06:36:41 PM »

Better run. Painting is done, but my brief isn't and since I had an extension until tomorrow morning, I must get it done tonight. I'll be back later

I'm glad that no one was hurt at the old house, DR Cillaliz.  I guess that means no lawsuit!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2006, 06:37:15 PM »

Feel free to send Magnus & Fosca copy of the Playbill DR Jose.  They are so proud.
But then again so are we.
James Thurber 1957

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2006, 06:37:53 PM »

Tomovoz, did you hear Buck Owens died? I just heard this.

Danise

« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2006, 06:38:45 PM »

Danise-
I found this website that has some interesting info on your pup's problem.

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=1400&S=1

Thanks for the help, DR Rodzinski.  I think Bear is pretty bonded to me but maybe a few runs down to the dog park are in order.  I couldn't load him into Bonnie because he's so heavy but now that I'm on the mend, I will have to try it.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2006, 06:40:33 PM »

Tomovoz, did you hear Buck Owens died? I just heard this.

I meant to mention that yesterday.  Hee Ha was a staple in our house when I was growing up.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up