Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: BUT, I DIGRESS  (Read 64559 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:BUT, I DIGRESS
« Reply #180 on: March 26, 2006, 07:58:18 PM »

As for pics... as I mentioned earlier, my digital camera doesn't seem to want to focus anymore, so...

However, I do have many wonderful memories from my first Broadway Preview.  I feel blessed - and lucky - to be a part of the whole Lestat enterprise.  Again, my dream is coming true.

And I truly feel blessed to have such a fine group of people, a fine group of friends here on HHW.  Your words of support, encouragement and congratulations have made this once-in-a-lifetime experience more special than I could have ever imagined.

Who says this is a once in a lifetime experience?  It should become a habit!  ;D
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2006, 07:58:54 PM »

Yeah, his column went on to relate a story from a woman who thought she had a chance for a job that actually went to the in-house person.  But, as the IHP in this case, I can tell you it's no picnic on this side of the fence, either.

It's bad for everybody! In your case, even weirder because there shouldn't even be a job "opening" of any kind.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2006, 08:00:19 PM »

*And as for bad dreams...  Well, if could sort of change the topic to moments of deja vu...

The other day during rehearsal, I had a true sense that I had been there/here before.  There was one sequence of events that just seemed very familiar to me.  It wasn't anything crucial or ground-breaking - just me asking a question about a couple of notes and someone handing me a new chart for one of the numbers - the usual rehearsal stuff.  However, I know I had seen that whole moment before somewhere.  And I even remember being confused by the dream when I had it since it didn't relate to anything I was doing currently at the time.

So...

Do you deja vu?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #183 on: March 26, 2006, 08:09:40 PM »

DR Rodzinski - Just got the message on my cell phone from TPunk - sorry to have worried you guys.  As you've read, everything is A-OK!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2006, 08:09:57 PM »

BK - Todd Ellison sends his best.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2006, 08:10:33 PM »

DR elmore - Hugh and Carolee thank you for your first night wishes.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2006, 08:11:46 PM »

DR Maria - Well, the next time you make it to NYC... I know someone who could arrange a house seat for you.

;)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 08:13:20 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2006, 08:13:36 PM »

Speaking of bad dreams I had a doozy that woke me around 5 this morning... I was in a shopping mall parking lot at night, by myself and saw a couple of young thugs starting to break into my car....I started yelling at them and  a tall black man (I know I know him but I still can't place WHO he is) came out of his car and started yelling at them too and they ran away.  The guy waited while I got in my car and left although he suggested calling the police I said  I would just go on, because the bad guys had fled.

I relaize several minutes later that the bad guys are actually in a green van and they are following me so for some reason I drive to my mothers house instead of home.... but as I pull into the driveway they  pull up behind me, drag me from the car into the back of the van  and I woke up in a cold sweat

vixmom

« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2006, 08:14:19 PM »

I better not experience deja vu on that one!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2006, 08:14:31 PM »

DR Ginny - Do you think you could forward a copy of that article to your higher-ups anonymously?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #190 on: March 26, 2006, 08:15:54 PM »

Maria , just caught up with your "yesterday posts"

~~~~GOOD NEW AGENT FINDING VIBESl~~~~

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #191 on: March 26, 2006, 08:30:00 PM »

Hello! Not caught up from all my E & T this week.

Last night we printed out thepicture the Vixter took with George Takei and Cassandra  Peterson  and we took it to the ICON today.  

George Takei was holding an autograph session  so he signed it for the Vixter.   Later she found the table where Cassandra Peterson was selling her autographs (some of the guests charge for their autographs,  most of them don't)   The Vixter went up to her with ehr picture and showed it to Cassandra and said I thought you might like to see this.  Well cassandra did want to see it, she autographed it for free and gave the Vixter her business card and requested a copy for herself.  LOL!

Sweet!!

I am glad to hear that Vixter had a lovely time!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2006, 08:32:02 PM »

Oh and George Takei told the Vixter he was very pleased he had the opportunity to meet HER!

I was very suprised by him actually.  I guess I was expecting a very one dimensional guy with a bunch of back in the day stories.  He was very engaging, and interesting.  We went to a small panel discussion where the topic was sterotyping in the entertainment industry and  we ended up having a lengthy discussion about the three years during WWII that he and his family spent in a Japanese Internment camp in Arkansas.  

I was very pleased I went to hear him speak, he gave me a lot to think about.

I read an interview by him once where he talked about that. A very interesting man. I will do a little hunting this week and see if I can locate it for Vixter.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: March 26, 2006, 08:33:53 PM »

I don't know why I am in such a foul mood over the little lie thing, but I am.  I think I'll sit in the Jacuzzi for a while and wash it away.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #194 on: March 26, 2006, 08:34:33 PM »

Far be it from me to ever jinx, but I can't help but want to squeek out a little
Hip!  Hip!  Hoo and Ray!
for our very own DR Jose on his first preview night on Broadway!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #195 on: March 26, 2006, 08:35:03 PM »

Today the Vixter met Kevin Sorbo and had her picture taken with him and he autographed her program.

Kevin Sorbo actually went to the same university I went to just before I started there. But I am not sure if he graduated or not. I would have to do a bit of checking...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #196 on: March 26, 2006, 08:36:55 PM »

I'm gonna try this again

Vixter and friends

Lovely picture and a it looks like she had a GREAT time!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2006, 08:38:01 PM »

Vixter and Mr. Sorbo

Lucky young lady. I have actually met him. He has relatives in central Minnesota.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #198 on: March 26, 2006, 08:41:30 PM »

A couple of pictures just for DakotaCelt,

The Brobdinagian Bards an Austin based RenFaire duo who always put on a phenomenol show, very funny and they are great guys.  We met them three years ago and kind of adopted them, they have finally turnd fulltime musicians and are traveling doing RenFaires

THank you for sharing... They are wonderful. Fiona Ritchie has had their music on Thistle and Shamrock.

I almost got to hear them but due to Mother nature, me and a good friend were unable to get to the Twin Cities...

Ginny

« Reply #199 on: March 26, 2006, 08:43:22 PM »

DR Ginny - Do you think you could forward a copy of that article to your higher-ups anonymously?

;)

No-o-o-o, I've just been keeping my mouth shut at work and venting only at home and here at HHW.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

« Reply #200 on: March 26, 2006, 08:45:24 PM »

I don't know why I am in such a foul mood over the little lie thing, but I am.  I think I'll sit in the Jacuzzi for a while and wash it away.

Not having any idea what it was or why it was or who it was, is it possible it was a mistake in the telling and not an intentional lie at all?  I know I have told people I couldn't be at such and such because I had a commitment to be at "A" and realized hours or even days later that I had my dates mixed up and actually I was free and could have been there and was too embarrassed to call up and say  "Can I still come?" or I said I had been somewhere with "Mary" and realized later , no it wasn't,  it was "Joan"I went there with....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #201 on: March 26, 2006, 08:46:50 PM »

"Garbed up" on Saturday

Lovely garb!!

I used to do Ren Faires up in this area as part of Society of Creative Anachronism. (SCA). My person was of Irish and Viking background. I still have some of my garb and my sword. I no longer have most of my fighting gear.

If I can get someone to take a picture of my two costumes that I have I will try and post them.  My persona's name was Aedin Ni Mhaillie

vixmom

« Reply #202 on: March 26, 2006, 08:47:21 PM »

THank you for sharing... They are wonderful. Fiona Ritchie has had their music on Thistle and Shamrock.

I almost got to hear them but due to Mother nature, me and a good friend were unable to get to the Twin Cities...

Do you have any of their CD's?  We may be getting together for dinner tomorrow before they fly back to  Texas.... Their CD's are all "home produced", they could certainly use the skills of a BK, but they are still quite fun.  Nothing beats seeing them inperson

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #203 on: March 26, 2006, 08:48:34 PM »

Danise - Animals do mourn. I've been doing a lot of research on crows this year for something I was writing. Even crows mourn. They sit for their dead. (Crow shiva?)
I'm reading a really interesting book - "Animals in Translation" by Temple Grandin. The author draws on her own experiences with autism to understand the emotions of animals. Fascinating.

I am familiar with that book. I read it recently and animals do have emotions. She is a remarkable individual in her own right. A professor I know at the university I work at is acquainted with her.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #204 on: March 26, 2006, 08:51:20 PM »

No-o-o-o, I've just been keeping my mouth shut at work and venting only at home and here at HHW.

((( Ginny ))) I send a hug

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #205 on: March 26, 2006, 08:53:04 PM »

Do you have any of their CD's?  We may be getting together for dinner tomorrow before they fly back to  Texas.... Their CD's are all "home produced", they could certainly use the skills of a BK, but they are still quite fun.  Nothing beats seeing them inperson

No i dont!

I agree... I ordered a Liz Callaway CD at BN today. That reminds me I need to take care of some ordering tomorrow!!

Ginny

« Reply #206 on: March 26, 2006, 08:53:13 PM »

Thanks for the hug, DR DakotaCelt!

While I don't think anyone in our household will sleep well tonight, I'm going to attempt it.  See y'all tomorrow!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #207 on: March 26, 2006, 08:54:20 PM »

Vixmom, have you ever heard of the Ren Fair comedians, Puke and Snot?

vixmom

« Reply #208 on: March 26, 2006, 08:54:32 PM »

Lovely garb!!

I used to do Ren Faires up in this area as part of Society of Creative Anachronism. (SCA). My person was of Irish and Viking background. I still have some of my garb and my sword. I no longer have most of my fighting gear.

If I can get someone to take a picture of my two costumes that I have I will try and post them.  My persona's name was Aedin Ni Mhaillie

We aren't "serious Renners" so we don;t have personas.

They sell the stuff at the Con and I had been looking at it for years but it is always so expensive that I never jumped since to spend several hundred dollars for something that'll get used once or twice a year just was never in the budget.   Last year about an hour before closing on Saturday a dealer who was leaving early and not staying for the Sunday show decided to sell stuff off cheap, I got the full length chemise, skirt and stomacher (por whatever you call it) for about $100, often the corset thing alone costs that.

The Vixter is actually wearing a silk/polyester skirt I got at the GoodWill last week for $5 and a peasant blouse  I got at another GoodWill last year for $5!  

vixmom

« Reply #209 on: March 26, 2006, 08:57:14 PM »

Vixmom, have you ever heard of the Ren Fair comedians, Puke and Snot?

NO.  I have never been to a "real" Ren Faire though!   Actually they are having a one day one on April 30 at a nother college campus not far from here and the Bards are being brought up for it , so we may attend that one

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up