Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: BUT, I DIGRESS  (Read 64558 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:BUT, I DIGRESS
« Reply #240 on: March 26, 2006, 10:46:41 PM »

I mean Civil War, of course, the Civil Wat is a completely diffreent thing. :)
;D

One of my workstudy students does Civil War Reenactment witb a group at Ft. Snelling near St. Paul, MN.

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #241 on: March 26, 2006, 10:47:01 PM »

Page 9 dance!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

FJL

« Reply #242 on: March 26, 2006, 10:48:17 PM »

And one for Milla!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #243 on: March 26, 2006, 10:59:50 PM »

DR Cilla

Here is a website to learn more about SCA http://www.sca.org/

Different areas in North America and around the world are divided into kingdoms....

ND, MN, SD, WI are part of the Kingdom of NorthShield and Fargo belongs to the shire of Korsvag

Northshield http://www.northshield.org/

Korsvag http://www.korsvag.org/

And the big Ren faire in Shakopee
http://renaissancefest.com/MRF/homeframeset.htm

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #244 on: March 26, 2006, 11:05:06 PM »

George, who is your favorite Doctor on Doctor Who?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #245 on: March 26, 2006, 11:08:49 PM »

Good Morning!

Well, folks... This still newish Broadway Baby is getting a bit sleepy... So...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #246 on: March 26, 2006, 11:12:15 PM »

That is earlier than I originally heard... Cool Beans!!

Or, if you have a region-code-free DVD player, you could get all 13 episodes of the complete first series boxset from England!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #247 on: March 26, 2006, 11:13:43 PM »

Good Morning!

Goodnight.

Jose, Congratulations on all of your success!  It's been a lot of fun to hear about all of the Broadway goings-on firsthand!  Thanks!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #248 on: March 26, 2006, 11:15:56 PM »

George, who is your favorite Doctor on Doctor Who?

Honestly?  Actually, I've never seen ANY episodes before this new version started.  I don't know if I'll have the interest to go back and check out any of the previous versions, but I'll certainly continue with this. :)

George

« Reply #249 on: March 26, 2006, 11:19:37 PM »

In England, they've actually started Series 2, but they've gotten a whole new doctor!  Billie Piper is still around as Rose, but David Tennent will now play the Doctor:

« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 11:20:14 PM by George »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #250 on: March 26, 2006, 11:23:51 PM »

Good Morning!

Goodnight.

Congrats on your foray into Broadway... Nice job!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #251 on: March 26, 2006, 11:24:57 PM »

Or, if you have a region-code-free DVD player, you could get all 13 episodes of the complete first series boxset from England!

Not sure if My DVD/VHS player can or not...Will have to do a bit of research on that.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #252 on: March 26, 2006, 11:26:01 PM »

In England, they've actually started Series 2, but they've gotten a whole new doctor!  Billie Piper is still around as Rose, but David Tennent will now play the Doctor:

Bummer on Eccleston no longer being the Doctor...

Have you seen Tennant as the Doctor?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #253 on: March 26, 2006, 11:31:20 PM »

Honestly?  Actually, I've never seen ANY episodes before this new version started.  I don't know if I'll have the interest to go back and check out any of the previous versions, but I'll certainly continue with this. :)

I have watched DW since the third Doctor, Tom Baker.  He was known as Teeth and Curls!

He also played Rasputin in the movie, Nicholas and Alexandra back in the early 1970s. He played played Puddleglum in the BBC version of The Witch, the Wardrobe and the Lion.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 11:34:26 PM by DakotaCelt »

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #254 on: March 26, 2006, 11:43:35 PM »

DR Jose - Thank you for the house seat offer. Next time I'm in NY, I'll take you up on it. You might be interested to know that DD (Dear Daughter), who is spending 6 months in Budapest, recently returned from Transylvania. She said it was very beautiful, but she ran into no vampires (except a waiter at a restaurant who was dressed as Dracula).
Vixmom - Thanks for the 10-Per-Center vibes!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 11:44:24 PM by Maria »

George

« Reply #255 on: March 26, 2006, 11:43:52 PM »

Bummer on Eccleston no longer being the Doctor...

Have you seen Tennant as the Doctor?

No...and probably won't until the SciFi Channel broadcasts his episodes. :-\

« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 11:44:27 PM by George »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #256 on: March 26, 2006, 11:44:45 PM »

I hear the Cybermen are supposed to make a return.... ( GRRRRR!!! )

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #257 on: March 26, 2006, 11:46:09 PM »

No...and probably won't until the SciFi Channel broadcasts his episodes. :-\

Bummer!!

Hello Maria....

George

« Reply #258 on: March 26, 2006, 11:52:51 PM »

I hear the Cybermen are supposed to make a return.... ( GRRRRR!!! )

I assume that this is a bad thing??

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #259 on: March 26, 2006, 11:57:25 PM »

I assume that this is a bad thing??

YES< they are the embodiment of EVIL..... THey are almost as bad as the Daleks (they look like giant salt shakers with an arm)

The following pic is of the Cybermen and Daleks... Nasty blokes!!!

« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 11:59:35 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #260 on: March 27, 2006, 12:01:01 AM »

DR Danise is possibly also aware of their evil for she is a fan of the show also.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #261 on: March 27, 2006, 12:01:57 AM »

THe Master is an evil Time lord!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #262 on: March 27, 2006, 12:02:38 AM »

TARDIS means Time and Relative Dimension in Space... It has been a blue police box since the show premiered nearly 43 years ago. It was ot originally to have appeared on NOvember 22 but was pre-empted due to coverage of Kennedy's assassination
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 12:04:18 AM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #263 on: March 27, 2006, 12:08:23 AM »

They are in the process of locating and restoring lost and missing episodes of the Doctor Who stories that the BBC discarded in the 1960s and early 1970s.

George

« Reply #264 on: March 27, 2006, 12:08:41 AM »

I knew that there was a lot of history to the show...I just never thought about how much there was.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #265 on: March 27, 2006, 12:09:45 AM »

Some stories are sadly gone forever...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #266 on: March 27, 2006, 12:11:54 AM »

I knew that there was a lot of history to the show...I just never thought about how much there was.

I have a lot of tapes with a number of adventures from each of the doctors...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #267 on: March 27, 2006, 12:12:30 AM »

The beatles via stockfilm even were on Doctor Who!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #268 on: March 27, 2006, 12:14:19 AM »

IT is one of longest running Serial franchises in history behind soap operas with Star Trek hot on its heels.  

George

« Reply #269 on: March 27, 2006, 12:15:30 AM »

Too much history for me to explore...I'll just jump on now. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up