Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CLUB SANDWICH  (Read 21089 times)

Danise

Re:THE CLUB SANDWICH
« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2003, 03:55:00 PM »

Thanks for the info DR DANISE....I am not familiar with that program.   That isn't the one you were looking for is it?

No, DR JRand, it isn't Photo Shop Elements but very similar.  It is a photo/graphics program.  Now that I have them both, what one won't do the other does.  That way I can work on the picture in MS Picture it, save it, then open it in PSE and do what else I need or want to do to finish it up.

Just as an example--the cut out tool in MSPT isn't as good as the PSE tool so I can cut what I need out of a photo in PSE save the cut then paste it into a MSPT file if I need or want to.

I'm finding PSE has better filters so I can switch something from MSPT to PSE.

I can spend hours on just one photo, cuting it out, putting a new background in, etc, etc.  I think it's a lot of fun.  I'm just getting into putting one persons head on another body or taking a persons close up shot and adding a 3rd eye in middle of their forehead or giving them one eye.  

Christmas decorations:   I don’t feel much like decorating this year: I have my reasons but won’t bore you with them.  

In the past when my Dad was alive, we went all out.  We even had what we called a “garden” under the tree.  A train with villages and a tunnel for the train.  

Outside we had tons of lights and we were the first on our block to have a Rudolf with a real blinking red nose way back when.  My Dad was a real wiz about putting that kind of stuff together.   :)

Candy--I can't eat anything with shredded coconut in it.  It chokes me--I don't know why.    I'm not allow to have anything with nuts any more either (a royal pain because I happen to like nuts) so Mounds and Almond Joys are beyond me.    BTW I do remember Zero bars.  Didn't care for them but I remember them.  

I'll eat milk chocolate but I would never turn down dark chocolate.  Yum!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2003, 03:57:35 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jed

« Reply #151 on: December 03, 2003, 04:02:00 PM »

TCB - I know of no Teuscher's in Leavenworth.  And there isn't one listed on teuscherusa.com.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Andrea

« Reply #152 on: December 03, 2003, 04:02:01 PM »

3) Laura Secord (trust Canuckistan to have its most famous sweet shop chain named after an American woman who ratted on the 1812 invasion plans of British North America by the Yanks)

4. Wunderbar.

Trust Canada not only to have chocolates named after her, but to also have heritage moments to educate you on laura secord so that you can be a proper canadian consumer and buy them!

http://alswaiter.codedaemon.com/RB/Sft/canadian.htm

And send me over Good Vibes to completely get over cygopp.. Oy, I need it.

Jennifer

« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2003, 04:03:47 PM »

Re Something's Gotta Give - I'm so very bored of Hollywood's bankrupt propensity for using song titles as movie titles - I mean are these people just not able to come up with a title that MEANS something to the film at hand, and is not just some classic pop song they'll use over the titles?

That's the new Jack Nicholson/ Diane Keaton movie?

Okay I hate to sound dumb (and after the Almond Joy discussion, I see a trend developing), but I have never heard of the song "something's gotta give".  And when I first heard the title of the movie, I couldn't help but think what a bad title that was, because it was hard to remember and didn't mean anything to me.

Jennifer

« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2003, 04:05:50 PM »

Good vibes to DR Andrea.  Feel better.

Btw, Wunderbar isn't Canadian is it? I discovered that last year and LOVE it.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #155 on: December 03, 2003, 04:09:20 PM »

Here's a question for BK and all the Hainsies and Kimlets: How much decorating do you do for the holidays?  This counts for both exterior and interior decorating.

I have a string of M&M lights that I've hung up at my work.  At my apartment, I have a little plastic tabletop Christmas tree that has a string of plastic gold-tone instruments and a different string mini-lights.  I keep it on top of my microwave oven and it's been there since I moved in, just over a year ago.  I don't otherwise decorate my place because I live alone and I go to my parents' and my sister's houses very often.  Also, my apartment is quite messy and I'm not motivated enough to clean it just to decorate it.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #156 on: December 03, 2003, 04:13:21 PM »

Interesting casting.

http://web.playbill.com/news/article/83081.html

By the way, concerning that strange casting article, she should be cast as King Sextimus since she prefers crossdressing roles and would not have to open her mouth until the final scene.

Have you heard Lea DeLaria sing?  She's good!  She can really sing!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

ladodgerjon

• Unseemly Lunch Date
« Reply #157 on: December 03, 2003, 04:14:01 PM »

Does anyone remember the title for a made-for-TV movie that aired in the (late) '70's that was about a physician (wanna say that role was played by Walter Pidgeon or Gregory Peck) whose wife dies in the 50's or 60's, and he has her cryogenically frozen in the event that he discovers the cure for what ailed her. He does, of course, discover the cure... has her thawed... and they all live happily ever NOT. The couple's daughter is now OLDER than her mother was when she died (and said daughter is miffed that Mommie-deadest is prettier than she is).

The cryo vault, by the way, was in the Good Doc's backyard. Yuch.

I LOVED this flick as a kid... a real guilty pleasure.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #158 on: December 03, 2003, 04:14:21 PM »

GOOD VIBES TO DR ANDREA
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #159 on: December 03, 2003, 04:21:08 PM »

Never heard of that movie LAdodgerjon, but it sounds intriguing! Sounds like something that should have starred Tina Louise and Karen Black! LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #160 on: December 03, 2003, 04:22:01 PM »

Charles that must have been a  horrible experience for your wife to go through!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #161 on: December 03, 2003, 04:30:51 PM »

Jed:

http://www.teuscher.com/directory.htm#USA
list this address and phone number in Leavenwoth:

Obertal Mall
Ninth Street
WA, 98826
(509) 548 5144
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2003, 04:33:54 PM »

Charles, how horrid... give your wife lots of hugs.

Jed, has your costumer ever heard of CAPEZIO????
http://www.capeziodance.com/catalog.html
You'll want the Hold & Stretch Plus Footed Tight.  Tell her to get them in the maximum size, that way you'll be comfortable.
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

ladodgerjon

• Unseemly Lunch Date
« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2003, 04:43:22 PM »

I have commentary regarding Mr. Kimmel's remembrance of Monday & yesterday's lunch... and it differs from the moderator's journal notes...

BTW: Before I go any further, is it rude to contradict the namesake of a website?? !!??

First off, let's go back to the whole fahrfughnoogin chicken salad sandwich situation from Monday. I was there. I saw Mr. Kimmel as he bit into his chicken salad sandwich an exclaimed to all of us in the room that he absolutely, "...LOVED the sandwhich." He didn't say he "liked" the sandwhich... or even "mildly approved" of the sandwhich... again, he "LOVED" the sandwhich. To now say in retrospect that he "hated" the sandwhich seems to me, friends, as an entire - sad - metaphor for the industry in which we now both toil: a fake reality contrived to provide entertainment for the masses. History distorted and reinvented for a laugh... titter... guffaw.

Never have I seen a sandwhich so undeservedly maligned in my entire life.

Let's put that episode behind us...

and move on to today's meal. I'm skipping the whole club sandwhich episode as I felt that it was simply... OK (I had an exact duplicate of BK's).

I'm waiting for BK's review of today's lunch at... El Pollo Loco. Can you imagine?? I dragged him kicking and screaming all the way to the crazy chicken.

I'll not say anything more as I want to see if history gets 'reinvented' in tomorrow's journal... but i will say that I think we've sen the dawing of El Pollo Loco's newest investor...

George

« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2003, 04:48:03 PM »

Recently came across a new type of Reeses Peanut Butter cup which has the peanut butter on the outside and the chocolate on the inside. Very delicious, I must say!
I've seen the commercial for these and have been looking for them here in Olympia but have not found them anywhere!  The closest thing to it is a large bag of white-chocolate-covered miniature peanut butter cups.  The peanut butter on the outside ones sound so good and I want some!

Anybody remember Zero candy bars? How about Payday?
I once won a portable CD player from a Zero candy bar!  It really was a winning wrapper.  Since I had already had a CD player (with a few more options than the free one had), I gave it to may dad who loves it and still has it.

Kerry

« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2003, 04:55:21 PM »

I'm posting!
I like boat races.

Jed

« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2003, 04:56:41 PM »

TCB - Hmmm... The Obertal has had a few new things come in the last few months (some leaving just as quickly as they came).  Didn't realize Teuscher was one of the new residents.  This will be a real test of my willpower...  Thankfully, I'm usually only in Leavenworth for rehearsals, after business hours!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

George

« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2003, 04:58:01 PM »

Well, I'm off to work for the tour of Kiss Me, Kate.  I hope that I don't screw up someone's costume change. ::)  It's going to be a very late night, but at least I was able to take tomorrow off from work so that I can sleep. ;D

Danise

« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2003, 05:06:38 PM »

Charles that must have been a  horrible experience for your wife to go through!

I've seen references to this all day but don't know what happened.  I hope all is well for your wife whatever it was.

Here’s my unknown movie–3 guys break out of the nut house on Christmas Eve.  They think they are the 3 kings from the Bible.  Somehow they go to the zoo and get the camels from there.  I remember they see a building with real bright light on it and think that is the star they need to follow.  Everywhere they go, they somehow make things turn out right for the people they meet.  Does anyone remember it?  What was it’s name?

I also wanted to ask if anyone here has Four O’clocks in their garden?  I love that flower.  It opens in the late afternoon, hence the name, and smells wonderful.  I found a bush in a field and picked some of the seeds.  I only have the one color–pink but have a bid for some seeds of other colors on E-bay.  It comes in white, orange, red, yellow and mixed colors.

I’ll attached a picture so you can see the ones I've grown.  I just found a yellow bush and picked some seeds for next year.

Break a leg, George!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2003, 05:35:29 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2003, 05:11:32 PM »

Oooh, George, are you a "Local"?  I have fond memories of "Locals" on tour.  Although ours were frequently much less....um...shall we say "professional" than you.  At times it was rahther frightening.  Once we played a venue at which the Locals -- stage, props, and costumes -- were all jailbirds doing community service or "easy time", kind of like the guys in Shawshank Redemption who got to tar the roof.  "Hey guys, I get to be on the coveted My Fair Lady K-City tour crew assignment!  I'll make sure and memorize all the songs so I can sing them for you when I get back!"

Let the pummelling begin.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2003, 05:12:47 PM »

Danise, we used to have Morning Glories.  What amazing flowers!  They know when it's morning!

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2003, 05:16:26 PM »

Lea DeLaria can certainly sing, primarily jazz, but she can't play it straight.  I saw her in On the Town and wanted to shoot the casting director, and Chip as well.  She and Chip should have switched roles and it would have been great.

Actually, now that I think about it, she should have played Ozzie, Ozzie should have played Chip, and Chip should have played Ivy.  Much better.

But then I saw her as Marryin' Sam in Li'l Abner at City Center Encores, and she was FLAWLESS!!!  See, she should always play men.  She truly excels at it, and I do NOT mean that in a snarky way.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: December 03, 2003, 05:16:48 PM »

I did say, "I love this sandwich" on the FIRST BITE.  That was because most of what I got on that first bite was pickle, which disguised the flavor of the rest of the sandwich.  The subsequent bites got progressively worse and by the end I was ready to barf.  THAT was/is the reality.

Danise

« Reply #173 on: December 03, 2003, 05:26:32 PM »

Danise, we used to have Morning Glories.  What amazing flowers!  They know when it's morning!

I love those kind of flowers.

We also have a bush called, Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.  It starts with deep, deep, dark blue/purple flowers that turn to pure white in a few days.

Then there is the Mexican Rose.  It starts out the opposite way.  Pure white but turns anywhere from light pink to bright red, depending on how hot the day is.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: December 03, 2003, 05:36:22 PM »

Two people perusing the board?  My goodness, it must be dinnertime or something.  For those who care and who might have missed my late-night post last night, I managed to snag a copy of the Patty Duke sings Valley of the Dolls album by checking the amazon.com zShops.  I got it for sixteen bucks - we'll see what the condition is, although they graded it eight out of ten, I think.

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #175 on: December 03, 2003, 05:41:57 PM »

Joy--I agree about Lea! I mean I have no problem accepting gays and lesbians in heterosexuals roles, but she is just way too butch for me to buy her being in love with a man.  I heard she was a good Eddie too in RHS.

Gotta get back to class  :(

Emily

« Reply #176 on: December 03, 2003, 05:44:15 PM »

DR Andrea's link to 111 Ways You Know You're Canadian:

#34. You stand in "line-ups" at the movies, not lines

wow... I never realized that.  I say line-ups all the time and NEVER lines.  Hmmm...

LadogerJohn: If you are STILL worried about the sandwich from the other day it may just be time to step back from the computer screen. ;)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #177 on: December 03, 2003, 05:47:13 PM »

DR Danise we have four o'clocks and they are beautiful....too late in the year for a photograph though.

DR George break a leg on KMK!

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Emily

« Reply #178 on: December 03, 2003, 05:47:25 PM »

OMG!!!

#107. You know the difference between real snow and "television" snow -- the white stuff that passes for snow on tv and in films. You scream, "For goodness-sake! That should be sticking to their pants!" and "Lookit, it's not melting! That's *so* not snow!" when watching 'Winter' scenes.

I will admit to having done that!
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #179 on: December 03, 2003, 05:49:10 PM »

Joy--I agree about Lea! I mean I have no problem accepting gays and lesbians in heterosexuals roles, but she is just way too butch for me to buy her being in love with a man.  I heard she was a good Eddie too in RHS.

I was there the first time that revival of Rocky Horror played in front of an audience, and DeLaria was unable to get a single laugh.  She was, merely, gross.  She was much better in On the Town, even with the unlikely sexual chemistry.  (Which was Comden & Green's comic point about wartime New York, a lack of available men makes for strange bedfellows!)
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up