Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ZOTZ AND THE ZING  (Read 67001 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE ZOTZ AND THE ZING
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2006, 09:49:01 AM »

I don't walk up and down all the aisles.

Oh!  That's the FUN part....you never know what new products might be on the shelves...or what unbelievable BARGAINS you might find on items they stocked and didn't sell...especially around the holidays.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2006, 09:49:23 AM »

Golly!  I started page 4!

That calls for a happy 7 Brides for 7 Brothers  "How-Do" from the Pontipee boys to Millie, their new sister-in-law!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 09:52:04 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Danise

« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2006, 09:50:05 AM »

So whatcha been up to Danise? Parachuting? Trampoline acrobatics? Hanggliding?

Awww you know me, nothing so tame.   ;)

I've been trying to be good.  Just doing laundry and house work for the most part.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

FJL

« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2006, 09:50:46 AM »

Dan - That's an interesting observation about where the milk generally is in the grocery store.  That's true of both large grocery stores that I've sort-of frequented.  I wonder if it's because that stuff has to be replaced often, so thye keep it close to the storeroom.  Or - more cynically - if it's that they want you to walk through the whole rest of the store to get to that stuff and buy more stuff impulsively.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2006, 09:51:22 AM »

It's time to play "Trash Or Not Trash"

This weekend I was cleaning out a closet and I came across a box that contained a large number of the long boxes that CDs used to be sold in.  Now, a lot of them I can see getting rid of right away--the initial Beatles CD releases and other pop/rock recordings.  But the majority of them are from cast recordings and are pretty nice representations of the poster artwork.  Not sure what I would do with them, though, or if they are of any value whatsoever.

So my question to y'all is, Trash, or Not Trash?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Danise

« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2006, 09:52:30 AM »

Thanks for the cool pictures of DR Jose, DR Ron Pulliam.  You must have a screen shot program.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2006, 09:53:54 AM »

Vixmom - Skip says there's a slip for a parcel in the mailroom, which will be open again after 4 pm.  I'm hoping it's the cookies.  We got extra skim milk yesterday in anticipation of the cookies' arrival.  I understand that when you eat cookies with skim milk, it does something to the calories.

Wwhy yes, I believe it is the same number of calories however, they then become a NEGATIVE number thereby causing you to burn more and more calories the more you eat, I believe a similar principal applies if you stand up while eating them.

I am sure that DR WFO can supply you with the full calculation  but its something along the lines of  

-(X)2+ -(Y)3=-5 lbs

:D
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2006, 09:57:58 AM »

This weekend I was cleaning out a closet and I came across a box that contained a large number of the long boxes that CDs used to be sold in.  Now, a lot of them I can see getting rid of right away--the initial Beatles CD releases and other pop/rock recordings.  But the majority of them are from cast recordings and are pretty nice representations of the poster artwork.  Not sure what I would do with them, though, or if they are of any value whatsoever.

Not Trash, if you can see value in the possibility of the following:

Take them to a shop, or confer with a talented friend, on creating a piece of artwork with them....something dramatic with matting...something that would look splendiferous on a wall.

Not Trash, if you can see value in offering them on EBay for someone who might see value in something like I suggested above...or something better.

Or, maybe someone here would take them off your hands if you didn't want to do anything with them.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2006, 09:58:10 AM »

DR JRand, we think we're living now but who know what computers will be like in a few years.

Wouldn't it be great to sign on to the board and instead of having to type everything it will be like a holo Environment.  It would be like walking into a living room and whoever is online at the time will be there.  You'd be able to see and talk to each person instead of type to them.  Wouldn't that be cool?  

But then I would have to get dressed before I turn on the computer.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

vixmom

« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2006, 09:59:02 AM »

I'm not sure are you talking about cases or the cardboard box the case is held in? If it's the former I'd keep 'em if the latter I'd trash 'em.

Oh who am I kidding.... I never throw anything out!

vixmom

« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2006, 09:59:54 AM »

not necessarily ;)

Ginny

« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2006, 10:13:22 AM »

Thanks to everyone for the vibes for my DH.  He seems to be in better shape than I am right now, because he had a nice, drug-induced nap this morning while I had to listen to Regis and Kathy Lee screeching from the TV in the waiting room.  Why do hospitals and doctor's offices think we need that kind of "entertainment"?  Richard will probably crash later.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2006, 10:14:48 AM »

Not Trash, if you can see value in the possibility of the following:

Take them to a shop, or confer with a talented friend, on creating a piece of artwork with them....something dramatic with matting...something that would look splendiferous on a wall.

I really like that idea, DR Ron.  I once saw someone do something similar with clippings of the Hirschfeld mini sketches in the Friday Times.  And the mixture of new and old shows and the variety of colors should produce something very eye-catching.  Thank you for suggestion, sir!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2006, 10:15:37 AM »

Thanks for the cool pictures of DR Jose, DR Ron Pulliam.  You must have a screen shot program.  

The blog video allowed me to pause the picture AND do a printscreen capture...which I copied over to an Adobe Photoshop blank page and then saved as a jpeg.

I had no idea it would work....but I WANTED it to so badly that it did.

It must be the power of positive vibes that currently surround Jose in a warm, thick blanket of love and good wishes!!!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 10:17:02 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2006, 10:18:49 AM »

Well, we could also dream up a program that would allow us to dress "others" any way we see fit...so...we could see you in a pinafore or a jumpsuit...or spandex.

Danise

« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2006, 10:19:01 AM »

Hummmm.  Virtural clothes?  8)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2006, 10:19:46 AM »

I really like that idea, DR Ron.  I once saw someone do something similar with clippings of the Hirschfeld mini sketches in the Friday Times.  And the mixture of new and old shows and the variety of colors should produce something very eye-catching.  Thank you for suggestion, sir!

You are most welcome....

Danise

« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2006, 10:20:06 AM »

The blog video allowed me to pause the picture AND do a printscreen capture...which I copied over to an Adobe Photoshop blank page and then saved as a jpeg.

I had no idea it would work....but I WANTED it to so badly that it did.

It must be the power of positive vibes that currently surround Jose in a warm, thick blanket of love and good wishes!!!

Well, I downloaded the pictures you did to keep for myself and to share.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2006, 10:21:34 AM »

I'm not sure are you talking about cases or the cardboard box the case is held in? If it's the former I'd keep 'em if the latter I'd trash 'em.

I'm talkin' 'bout the cardboard boxes they used to come in.  And Sister, I don't throw anything out either!  Someday DR Laura is going to have to come and clean up my hoarder's paradise.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2006, 10:26:41 AM »

In the early days of CDs, they manufacturers considered the difficulties stores would have displaying record albums alongside CDs....allowing them to share shelf space in a store.

To facilitate the presentation of CDs, the "long box" was created to fit the deep bins LPs were displayed in.  Many (most?) CD manufacturers packaged their product in hideous, nearly impossible-to-open-without-injuring-yourself plastic long boxes.  Others did cardboard longboxes, many of which featured cover art....sort of like a slenderized version of an LP cover.  Many of them were gorgeous.

When it was clear LPs were a thing of the past, store owners upgraded their shelving.  The longboxes -- much-hated by most consumers (even the artistic cardboard ones) were phased out.  They were never designed to store the CD,  and you had the dilemma of either throwing them away, which pained me, or saving them, which is also a pain.

Dan (the Man) obviously retained some beautiful cardboard long boxes with poster-quality art on them for the cast albums.  You can't find these today...ANYWHERE.  So...it's probably best not to trash something like that because SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE will want it, admire it, value it...and LUST after it.

It's even better to make something practical out of it...like a piece of art...and make your friends PEA-GREEN with envy!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 10:36:10 AM by Ron Pulliam »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2006, 10:27:40 AM »

not necessarily ;)

For you sake, and the Vixter's sake, oh yes I would!
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2006, 10:30:25 AM »

DR DtM - my idea would be something like DR RLP has suggested.  I have a few of the Long Boxes too because the art is so much fun!

Virtual clothes....DR DANISE - I like it!  That's my new philosophy!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jed

« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2006, 10:31:20 AM »

For you sake, and the Vixter's sake, oh yes I would!

Unending thanks, Dad.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2006, 10:31:24 AM »

And there is also the little German girl named Alice....because she was the eighth child and when she was born her father said: "Das is alles...."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2006, 10:32:01 AM »

DR JED have you seen your twin brother on the Subway Shoppe commercial yet?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2006, 10:32:29 AM »

Well, we could also dream up a program that would allow us to dress "others" any way we see fit...so...we could see you in a pinafore or a jumpsuit...or spandex.

Ron, do you realize how many Spands would have to die, just for one outfit?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2006, 10:33:11 AM »

Hello.  My name is Jose.  And I am a Broadway Pit Musician.

:D CONGRATULATIONS!!!  

Wish I could have been there for your opening night.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2006, 10:34:36 AM »

Ron, do you realize how many Spands would have to die, just for one outfit?

Gimmeabreak!  You're fit as a fiddle!

vixmom

« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2006, 10:34:36 AM »

DR DtM - my idea would be something like DR RLP has suggested.  I have a few of the Long Boxes too because the art is so much fun!

Virtual clothes....DR DANISE - I like it!  That's my new philosophy!

Can I get a virtual body, redesigned to my specifications please?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2006, 10:34:42 AM »

Unending thanks, Dad.

You are in the same boat, my son!  And it is a freighter.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up