Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ZOTZ AND THE ZING  (Read 66930 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:THE ZOTZ AND THE ZING
« Reply #150 on: March 27, 2006, 11:41:33 AM »

Just ordered THROUGH THE YEARS....the song titles bring a tear to my eye....and I don't think I have ever heard this music!

I love HHW!!!

DRJRand55, the song "You're Everywhere" is one of my favorites.  Judy Kaye used to sing it, and it's got a great sentiment.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2006, 11:45:18 AM »

Have never played video games.  I have enough ways of wasting time.  First word processor was Wordperfect, DOS.  Before that, electric type writers.

The first partay at the Pogue's Kentucky place last night was a rousing success, echoing our LA partay's.  The most frequent compliment about the place was the one we always cherish:  warm and inviting.  A good crowd and good fun.  

Today, The Lovely Wife and I intend to veg and catch up on our movie-watching, renting Capote and some of the other recent releases we missed in the theatres.

It's a gorgeous day, supposed to hit seventy later this week.  Spring is finally here and baseball starts next week.  I may go to Opening Day of Lexington Legends, the local minor league team, next week.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #152 on: March 27, 2006, 11:49:33 AM »

It's time to play "Trash Or Not Trash"

This weekend I was cleaning out a closet and I came across a box that contained a large number of the long boxes that CDs used to be sold in.  Now, a lot of them I can see getting rid of right away--the initial Beatles CD releases and other pop/rock recordings.  But the majority of them are from cast recordings and are pretty nice representations of the poster artwork.  Not sure what I would do with them, though, or if they are of any value whatsoever.

So my question to y'all is, Trash, or Not Trash?

See if a library would want them or someplace of that nature...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

FJL

« Reply #153 on: March 27, 2006, 11:50:26 AM »

I CHING THE BODY ELECTRIC - that's the title of my next...oh, never mind.

:)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2006, 11:52:33 AM »

In college somebody gave me a BROTHER word processor. Thing took forever to type your document out for you.

When everyone had Atari or even Intellivision, my parents got us a system made by Magnavox called Odyssey II. It had fun games that were total ripoffs of better-known games, but sometimes with novel twists. "KC Munchkin" was their Pac-Man, only the dots moved, and you had to chase them around while the ghosts were chasing you. Eventually, Atari sued, and no more games came out at all.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2006, 11:53:38 AM »

Can I get a virtual body, redesigned to my specifications please?

If you find a body redesigner, let me know please!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2006, 11:55:56 AM »

And a HHW Happy Birthday to Caesar Chavez! ...I know it's the day to celebrate the late Mr. Chavez's birth because I just went to the library to pick up a book I needed and discovered it was closed "In Honor of the Birthday of Caesar Chavez." Who knew? (I guess my first clue should have been that the library would not answer the phone when I called about the book. I figured they just weren't answering because they're so understaffed. Which they certainly are.)

Viewing Alert: Tonight on PBS - a docu on Eugene O'Neill which sounds wonderful.

Jed

« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2006, 12:20:39 PM »

Our library is also closed today... in honor of being open Tuesday through Saturday.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Ginny

« Reply #158 on: March 27, 2006, 12:20:51 PM »

TOD - Learning to use a 512K Mac for word processing was one of my first tasks when I free-lanced while a stay-at-home mom in the mid-1980's.  DH Richard was writing his doctoral dissertation on it and taught me to use it for a grant proposal for our local international festival.  Can't remember the name of the program and I can't ask my DH because, as I predicted, he's out cold.  IIRC, it worked in a similar fashion to succeeding WP programs - ClarisWorks, AppleWorks, MS Word.  It was especially useful when I was producing worksheets for students and could create the student copies and my answer keys simultaneously.

No TV-centered video games in our household (how'd that happen with a kid born in 1985? - it's a mystery).  DS Rob did play a few games on the computer - can't remember the names of those, either.  Geez, you'd think I'd had an anesthetic this morning  ::)  I got pretty adicted to Solitaire on my old iMac, so when I bought my new eMac 2 years ago I asked DS Rob NOT to install it on this machine.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 12:23:26 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #159 on: March 27, 2006, 12:25:50 PM »

On DR RODZINSKI I remember the Magnavox Odyssey Games!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #160 on: March 27, 2006, 12:26:12 PM »

DR JED....you didn't answer my question.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #161 on: March 27, 2006, 12:30:28 PM »

CP, warm and inviting, is indeed a nice compliment.  Glad your party was a success.

When we first moved to Ashland we attended a minor league game in Medford.  Craig, our big sports fan, went with us (I should say we went with him).  It was interesting. ;D  Alas the team moved away before we could go again.

Ginny

« Reply #162 on: March 27, 2006, 12:35:09 PM »

RE minor league baseball:  

About 3 blocks from the library where I work is FifthThird Field, home of the

Dayton Dragons.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 12:36:40 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #163 on: March 27, 2006, 12:35:59 PM »

Our new oven makes one loud popping noise as it heats up.  Apparently this is common and the cure is to run the self cleaning function several times.  Always unpleasant is the first time the self cleaning function is used on a new oven.  Thank goodness we are having a nice day so I could open some windows, it’s smoking in here and my eyes are burning.  

Only three more hours before the process is completed. :'(

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #164 on: March 27, 2006, 12:39:08 PM »

In college somebody gave me a BROTHER word processor. Thing took forever to type your document out for you.

You had a computer that typed documents FOR you?

Where can I find this wonderful invention?

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2006, 12:39:54 PM »

Our new oven makes one loud popping noise as it heats up.  Apparently this is common and the cure is to run the self cleaning function several times.  Always unpleasant is the first time the self cleaning function is used on a new oven.  Thank goodness we are having a nice day so I could open some windows, it’s smoking in here and my eyes are burning.  

Only three more hours before the process is completed. :'(

DR Jane - just keep reminding yourself what it was like to clean an oven before we had self-cleaning ones!  Once in auditions or early rehearsals for a play that DR Elmore was directing, he had us do individual pantomimes of a household chore.  I did "cleaning the oven" and nobody got it - either I wasn't convincing or very few of the other actors had ever cleaned an oven.  Or both.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 12:55:10 PM by Ginny »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2006, 12:40:39 PM »

Our new oven makes one loud popping noise as it heats up.  Apparently this is common and the cure is to run the self cleaning function several times.  

Hey, that's how I am in the morning when I get out of bed...only it's one loud popping noise and then a few smaller noises...until I get warmed up and in the swing of things.

My cure is to start my daily ablutions and hope for the best!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2006, 12:45:09 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Is it still considered a nap if it lasts more than one hour?  More than two hours?  Almost three hours?

;)

In any case....

Ahhhh...:)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2006, 12:46:54 PM »

Hop on pop.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2006, 12:47:30 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Is it still considered a nap if it lasts more than one hour?  More than two hours?  Almost three hours?

;)

In any case....

Ahhhh...:)

I think that's a siesta!  8)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #170 on: March 27, 2006, 12:49:00 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - Thanks for the screen captures.  It's kind of interesting just how far back and "small" I look since the room we were in was really not that big.  What's even harder to believe, however, is that it's only been a week and a half since that footage was shot.  Seems like it was at least two if not three weeks ago.  But I guess that's a good thing.  We've come a long way since then.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #171 on: March 27, 2006, 12:52:25 PM »

You and Virginia Slims.   8)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 12:52:46 PM by JRand55 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #172 on: March 27, 2006, 12:53:17 PM »

DRJRand55, the song "You're Everywhere" is one of my favorites.  Judy Kaye used to sing it, and it's got a great sentiment.

Thanks DRELMORE....I am looking forward to it.  :'(

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #173 on: March 27, 2006, 12:59:40 PM »

As for grocery stores...

The Dairy Case are usually at the back of the store since that's where the store room is located.  However, as DR vixmom noted, some stores now have "convenience cases" up front with milk, eggs, orange juice, etc. in them.

As for the whole clock-wise, counter-clock-wise issue... Either direction works for me.  I've seen stores in the same chain have locations arranged either way.

When I shop, I do the dry goods first, then the frozen stuff, then the fridge case - I don't want the cold stuff to get un-cold.  I've seen some stores where the meat department is right up front, and I always get a little worried for the shoppers who put their roasts and chickens in the bottom of their carts, and then proceed to walk around to finish their shopping.  -For the next 30 minutes... hour... more...

I will sometimes scout out the meat department when I get in to check out the specials, but meat and eggs are usually the last things in my cart before I head to the checkout.
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #174 on: March 27, 2006, 01:04:15 PM »

Hey, that's how I am in the morning when I get out of bed...only it's one loud popping noise and then a few smaller noises...until I get warmed up and in the swing of things.

My cure is to start my daily ablutions and hope for the best!

;D  I suddenly had an image of you as 'My Mother The Car"

Now THERE'S a TV classic!! They don't make 'em like that anymore!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #175 on: March 27, 2006, 01:06:19 PM »

Jose,  on opening nights on Broadway, do all the actors autograph  Playbills for each other? (or is that totally uncool?)

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

MBarnum

« Reply #176 on: March 27, 2006, 01:07:02 PM »

I will sometimes scout out the meat department when I get in to check out the specials,

Hmmm...Elmoore told me you did that, but I never believed him  8)

Jane

« Reply #177 on: March 27, 2006, 01:08:29 PM »

Ginny and Ron-LOL

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: March 27, 2006, 01:09:44 PM »

Hmmm...Elmoore told me you did that, but I never believed him  8)

There are some places you don't want to go with our DR Jose!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #179 on: March 27, 2006, 01:10:32 PM »

OH!

One neat thing about my first Broadway performance Saturday night...  Since I'm on the seventh floor, I don't have to dress up for work, I don't have to put on my "dress blacks".  However, I did want to wear something special that night.

When I was brought in last October to play the first week of rehearsals, the producer, Warner Brothers, gave out first day of rehearsal t-shirts - they had the Lestat artwork on the front, and the WB logo on the left sleeve along with "First Rehearsal, 10-31-2005".  For some unknown reason, they had a ton of Mediums, a bunch of Larges, a few X-Larges, and maybe two XX-Larges.  I was hoping to snag an XL, but there were none left by the time I got to the table.  So, I grabbed a Large - well, actually, I grabbed a couple of them (ssssshhh).  Alas, the t-shirt sizes were running on the small side - even some of the "medium" people ended up getting a "large" since they fit better.  Well...  At least it would make a nice souvenir.  Fast forward five months later...

Since I had lost some weight over the past couple of months, I decided to try the t-shirt on.  And it fit perfectly.  And that's what I wore for my opening night.  -With shoes, socks, underwear, jeans and a jacket too.  The t-shirt alone would have been most unseemly.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up