Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ZOTZ AND THE ZING  (Read 67015 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:THE ZOTZ AND THE ZING
« Reply #240 on: March 27, 2006, 03:32:49 PM »

I've caught up with all of yesterday's posts.

Boucoups congrats to DR Jose, of course!   :D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #241 on: March 27, 2006, 03:37:05 PM »

Best of vibes for another wonderful evening at Lestat, DR JosePiano!

I believe it is Hozay, DR JRand55...at least that is what I called him.

I agree, unless, of course, you're singing the Jose Anthem song...."Jose, can you see, by the dawn's early light...etc.,"

Then it's Ho-SAY!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #242 on: March 27, 2006, 03:38:39 PM »

sounds like a lovely gathering bk...

I enjoyed the movie, Sweet Smell of Success.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #243 on: March 27, 2006, 03:42:31 PM »

Der Brucer has been recording Doctor Who for me.  He refuses to admit he enjoys the series, just as he has always poo-pooed Good Eats, but enjoy them he does.

I haven't seen much of the first two Doctors, Hartnell and Troughton.  Pertwee was the first Doctor I watched regularly, and as they say, the first Doctor you watch is generally the one you will be fondest of.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #244 on: March 27, 2006, 03:56:43 PM »

Der Brucer has been recording Doctor Who for me.  He refuses to admit he enjoys the series, just as he has always poo-pooed Good Eats, but enjoy them he does.

I haven't seen much of the first two Doctors, Hartnell and Troughton.  Pertwee was the first Doctor I watched regularly, and as they say, the first Doctor you watch is generally the one you will be fondest of.

I have some of their adventures on tape from when the local public telly broadcasted it many years ago... I have the audio recording of Highlanders.... War Games was fascinating.  Loved Pertwee and his Bessie!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #245 on: March 27, 2006, 03:59:28 PM »

My two favorite Doctor Who quotes:

"Yes, someday I will come back again." 1st Dcotor, William Hartnell

"Man is but a sum of his memories" 5th Doctor, Peter Davison in Castrovalva

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #246 on: March 27, 2006, 04:01:41 PM »

I have a favorite quote, but it's not from "Doctor Who"...it's from "Goodbye, Mr. Chips":

"Darling, I revel in early English perpendicular!"

-- Ursula Mossbank
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #247 on: March 27, 2006, 04:09:30 PM »

I have a favorite quote, but it's not from "Doctor Who"...it's from "Goodbye, Mr. Chips":

-- Ursula Mossbank

Yes, I like that one also...

I have a number of quotes I like...

"You can't turn your back on heritage" -- Jack Deveraux, 1990

I also like the following Arab proverb

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents one's heart,
chaff and grain together knowing that the gentlest of hands
will take and sift it and keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness
blow the rest away.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #248 on: March 27, 2006, 04:12:53 PM »

I also like the quote that I coined taht appears below this message as my siggy!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #249 on: March 27, 2006, 04:14:10 PM »

-- Ursula Mossbank

that also reminds in a strange sort of way of Mrs. Malaprop  ;D

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #250 on: March 27, 2006, 04:15:23 PM »

For Dan (the Man) and others interested in LONGBOXES

Yowza!  I might have a little goldmine!  I have those Beatles boxes.  Now I'm a-thinkin' that I should wrap all the boxes I have in acid-free tissue paper and put them away in airtight plastic containers.

Now let's talk about my collection of first issues of magazines.  Who knows who was on the first issue of People?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #251 on: March 27, 2006, 04:18:24 PM »

I hated the Long Box packaging, but I liked a LOT of the Long Box art.  The only one I saved was the London Cast Recording of BUDDY!

Ironically, I won my copy of BUDDY through a contest at Tower Records and it came in the mail sans long box.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #252 on: March 27, 2006, 04:26:54 PM »

SMILIN' THROUGH comes on TCM at 10 pm EST...NOT 11 PM as I previously reported....for those of you with DVR's and other assorted mechanical recording devices.

Not to mention the only paring of Jeannette MacDonald and Lassie later on in the night.

And then there's the intriguingly titled THE DEVIL IS A SISSY tomorrow morning.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #253 on: March 27, 2006, 04:42:24 PM »

I'm finally caught up. TOD - The first word processor program I used was Word Dos version.  We had something different in the office in Phoenix, but I didn't know how to use it.

Video Games - we had Pong. Then we had Atari and I decided to stay up all night one night to practice Asteroids. Well I was very good at it after that session and no one would play it with me.  Then we had the first Nintendo and we were all hooked on The Legend of Zelda

Cillaliz

« Reply #254 on: March 27, 2006, 04:43:30 PM »

People are continuing to look at the old house. I had a call that a girl who looked at it yesterday brought her parents to see it tonight and there is another showing at 7:00pm.   So, at least people are looking. I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Cillaliz

« Reply #255 on: March 27, 2006, 04:44:31 PM »

I spent so much time during the last week on my eBay guy that I totally lost track of the deadlines in a case headed for trial. So, it will be a very late night again tonight. I hate it when that happens.  But I always manage to get things done.

Cillaliz

« Reply #256 on: March 27, 2006, 04:46:42 PM »

Well, I'm thinking that I may need to run and get an ice cream to see me through this evening.  Then to work I must go.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #257 on: March 27, 2006, 04:49:20 PM »

Well, I'm thinking that I may need to run and get an ice cream to see me through this evening.  Then to work I must go.

You can get me some choco chip cookie dough ice cream... :-)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #258 on: March 27, 2006, 04:58:13 PM »

I suppose I shall get in the shower now and then be on my way to pick up the copies of the short story collection and then the little cocktail party.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #259 on: March 27, 2006, 04:58:56 PM »

BK, on what did you work with Jean Simmons?  Who I adore, by the by...

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #260 on: March 27, 2006, 05:04:40 PM »

Cillaliz GOOD HOUSE SELLING VIBES!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #261 on: March 27, 2006, 05:10:12 PM »

BK, on what did you work with Jean Simmons?  Who I adore, by the by...

Her version of A Little Night Music is my favorite.  I love the way she says the spoken lines in "The Glamorous Life," more than any of the other recordings that I have (especially when she says, "Where the HELL is the stage manager?"). ;D

« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 05:10:37 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #262 on: March 27, 2006, 05:18:35 PM »

We've heard now all about DS Rob's first day at his first co-op job, for which he selected his apparel as carefully as did DR Jose for his Broadway debut.  I'm going to get showered and comfy and watch the Eugene O'Neill documentary.

Bye for now.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #263 on: March 27, 2006, 06:04:29 PM »

Cillaliz GOOD HOUSE SELLING VIBES!!

Thanks, my realtor called me and was quite pleased. No offer yet, but they spent 1 1/2 hours at the house and it turns out I know the potential buyer's parents who accompanied her. Her mother was a state highway trooper in the area I used to live and her father is a retired DCI (Iowa's version of FBI) agent.  I knew them both when I was a prosecutor 14 years ago.  Small world

Cillaliz

« Reply #264 on: March 27, 2006, 06:06:01 PM »

Now back to work defending alleged drug dealers.  Laters

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #265 on: March 27, 2006, 07:05:41 PM »

Thanks for the Dewey Decimal tips. I'll see if these books are in any other libraries. That Potpourri table sounds appealing, though.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #266 on: March 27, 2006, 07:05:54 PM »

Have we ever had a Dear Reader request magic-trick vibes? I have to do a magic trick in class tomorrow and I'm almost certain it isn't going to work. We'll see how this goes.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #267 on: March 27, 2006, 07:06:25 PM »

Vixmom - Skip says there's a slip for a parcel in the mailroom, which will be open again after 4 pm.  I'm hoping it's the cookies.  We got extra skim milk yesterday in anticipation of the cookies' arrival.  I understand that when you eat cookies with skim milk, it does something to the calories.

Why it cancels them out, doesn't it?  Just like when you order a diet coke with your big mac.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 07:24:00 PM by TPunk »

Jane

« Reply #268 on: March 27, 2006, 07:11:36 PM »

Have we ever had a Dear Reader request magic-trick vibes? I have to do a magic trick in class tomorrow and I'm almost certain it isn't going to work. We'll see how this goes.

No, but there is always a first :)  

GOOD MAGIC-TRICK VIBES!

Jane

« Reply #269 on: March 27, 2006, 07:12:28 PM »

'night
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up