Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GRAND POOBAH  (Read 64991 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:THE GRAND POOBAH
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2006, 04:32:46 PM »

I did, but she doesn't seem to remember either you or Keith.  She did sort of remember PennyO, though.  It took her only twenty seconds to realize it was me calling.  She's still very close with Patsy Moss, and when next I'm in NY we're all going to have dinner.  She sounded great.

Did you remind her I lived down the street from Patsy?

I’m more surprised she doesn’t remember Keith as they were closer.  He even visited her when she was at Berkley.  

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2006, 04:42:25 PM »

The door guy has been here most the day.  I had no idea it would take so long to install.  The old door leaked and didn’t have very good insulation around it.  I’m looking forward to a warm dry entrance way.

I wanted an extra wide door this time, easy to do since we had side panels which are now smaller.  It is beautiful, the door I always wanted. :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2006, 04:43:33 PM »

I have the feeling that she's shut out a lot of that part of her life, somehow.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2006, 04:47:57 PM »

The Kevin Spirtas CDs have arrived.  I'll get them all shipped out in the morning.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2006, 04:50:30 PM »

Welcome JCollinsNYC - come on in, the water's fine.

Speaking of water - it's really pouring here in the City of Studio.  The streets are all now officially flooded.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2006, 04:59:38 PM »

No rain here yet.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2006, 05:00:24 PM »

I'll bottle some up for you.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2006, 05:03:37 PM »

The Kevin Spirtas CDs have arrived.  I'll get them all shipped out in the morning.

Yea!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2006, 05:06:41 PM »

Kevin will be by tomorrow, so if you'd like a signed copy let me know immediately, even if you've already let me know, let me know again.  I can't promise how many he'll sign or if he'll have time to sign any, but I'll do my best.  Those copies, of course, will arrive sans shrink wrap.  Send signed requests to:

haineshisway@aol.com

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2006, 05:07:55 PM »

After unloading the ten boxes of Kev's CDs, I closed the garage and went to hurry into the house.  The ground was so wet and slippery that I fell directly on my ass.  Trying to break the fall, I hurt my hand and arm, which are now quite sore, as are the muscles in my leg.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2006, 05:18:09 PM »

You fell down just like that guy in REWIND.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2006, 05:19:27 PM »

Lovely story DRMARIA....and sweet picture.

VIBES for Friday for DRGINNY.  Actually this is a good week for such things, and everyone's social life should be great as well....if that's what they want!

Just took the JEOPARDY online test.  Don't think I have to worry about making a trip to Californy anytime soon.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2006, 05:19:41 PM »

DR JMK seems to have fallen off the face of the earth.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #133 on: March 28, 2006, 05:20:37 PM »

Reading the illustrated version of A NIGHT TO REMEMBER released in 1976, intriguing pictures.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: March 28, 2006, 05:29:31 PM »

Yes, JMK has left the room - have no idea why or whether he'll return.  Oh, well.

And yes, I went boom just like Jonathan Goldman in Rewind.

Soon Miss Tammy Minoff will arrive and then we'll go get some takeout food and eat whilst watching No Way To Treat A Lady.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2006, 05:36:14 PM »

Let us not slow down our pace here at haineshisway.com, posting-wise.  We are VERY close to breaking an all-time record, and I think that would be a lovely thing to do, don't you?

George

« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2006, 05:50:00 PM »

Kevin will be by tomorrow, so if you'd like a signed copy let me know immediately, even if you've already let me know, let me know again.  I can't promise how many he'll sign or if he'll have time to sign any, but I'll do my best.  Those copies, of course, will arrive sans shrink wrap.  Send signed requests to:

haineshisway@aol.com

I just sent my request...I hope I'm not too late.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2006, 05:52:11 PM »

I am looking forward to midnight. It has been positively rotten tonight....

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2006, 06:12:00 PM »

Not to late - Kev's not picking them up until Thursday and will sign them then.  It does mean that those copies won't ship until after that, though.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2006, 06:28:35 PM »

Oh, let's not let the day be dreary - we got us a record to break, for heaven's sake.

Tammy is very late - I imagine the traffic is horrendous.  She's thinking we might have Popeye's Fried Chicken which, of course, is fine by me.

George

« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2006, 06:30:29 PM »

Not to late - Kev's not picking them up until Thursday and will sign them then.  It does mean that those copies won't ship until after that, though.

That's fine with me. ;D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 06:31:21 PM by George »

George

« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2006, 06:33:36 PM »

I'm off now.  I have to pick up my mom the airport.  She went to Mexico to have dental work done!!  Both my parents are retired and they don't have dental insurance, so even after the flight and hotel, she's saving over $400 (she had to get a crown) by having it done in Mexico.  A friend of hers goes to this one dentist down there and then has her local dentist check things out.  He said that the guy in Mexico does great work, so my mom went down with her friend.  Who knew?? :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2006, 06:51:41 PM »

That is fine by me also...

George, we go to Canada for prescriptions
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2006, 07:16:27 PM »

I just made some oatmeal raisin cookies and now I remember why I don't bake very often.  I tend to eat dough.  Yes I confess and I think I have now eaten enough oats that I shouldn't need oatmeal for the rest of the week

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2006, 07:16:58 PM »

Speedy recovery from your fall vibes, BK

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2006, 07:29:31 PM »

I just made some oatmeal raisin cookies and now I remember why I don't bake very often.  I tend to eat dough.  Yes I confess and I think I have now eaten enough oats that I shouldn't need oatmeal for the rest of the week

Sometimes that is the best way to eat cookies

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2006, 07:29:49 PM »

Today all the things that were a total mess for the last couple weeks sort of fell into place. AND I didn't have to bring work home tonight. That makes me very happy

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2006, 07:41:52 PM »

Wanna come and join my mess?

MBarnum

« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2006, 07:43:56 PM »

I just had a long conversation with our site host - the reason this site gets nutty at times is because we've simply outgrown the plan we're on.  He said we have to delete topics and posts - I suggested that we go to a bigger plan and so we're looking into that.  If we're on a server with much more space, everything should work more smoothly without having to delete things.

Well, I guess that is what happens when your site gets close to being the most popular site on all of the internet.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2006, 08:29:44 PM »

Had an interesting night with videos and TV. I started out with another ANGEL episode in which his son was being born as the show faded to black. An OK episode, but the entire second disc of the set was leading up to the birth, so I'm rather glad it's now happening so things can move forward.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up