Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: I FELL ON MY ASS  (Read 110228 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:I FELL ON MY ASS
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2006, 01:13:22 PM »

bad
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Tomovoz

« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2006, 01:13:26 PM »

kewl
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2006, 01:14:15 PM »

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Tomovoz

« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2006, 01:14:19 PM »

I'm still having difficulty coping with "my bad" and "don't know from".  LOL
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2006, 01:14:44 PM »

« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 01:24:48 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2006, 01:15:11 PM »

Got four shows watched and cleared off the DVR. Before I watched them, though, I put in the third disc in the MURDER SHE WROTE set, and the episode selected was one of the most chock full of guest stars ever.

The breakup of a Dean Martin and Jerry Lewistype comedy-music team was used as the basis of this murder story which featured the likes of Steve Lawrence, Buddy Hackett, Patricia Crowley, Sheree North, George Furth, Arte Johnson, AND playing the part of Steve Lawrence's son - George Clooney!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2006, 01:15:16 PM »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2006, 01:15:47 PM »

vixmom

« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2006, 01:16:06 PM »

Oh I HATE[/i] that expression "my bad".  The Vixter uses it and I fix her with my patented Awful Stare of MOMNESS  and she'll say "I mean, my mistake"
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 01:16:55 PM by Vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2006, 01:17:27 PM »

Matt H.

« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2006, 01:20:28 PM »

Re: Mandissa/ American Idol.

I can't really see her winning. I suppose it's too hard to tell right now.

But to me she sings well, but i just don't love watching her.

Whoever put her in those tight jeans last night should be boiled in oil. They made her look twice as big as the outfits the last two weeks have made her look. I had honestly thought she had lost a serious amount of weight, but it was the clothes disguising it.

After looking so good the past few weeks, I don't know why she okayed that look last night.

Matt H.

« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2006, 01:21:26 PM »

SCRUBS had the Carla-pregnancy episode last night. Funny and touching. A definite turning point for the plots of the show.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2006, 01:22:03 PM »

who you callin' "fat", buddy?!

who's askin'?

Matt H.

« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2006, 01:22:29 PM »

I did not like TEACHERS at all. Watched about half of it and had to turn it off. I guess having been a teacher made me sensitive to the absurdity of all the stuff that was happening. I won't be watching it any more.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2006, 01:23:03 PM »

Whoever put her in those tight jeans last night should be boiled in oil. They made her look twice as big as the outfits the last two weeks have made her look. I had honestly thought she had lost a serious amount of weight, but it was the clothes disguising it.

After looking so good the past few weeks, I don't know why she okayed that look last night.

I'm thinking it was her choice all the way.

And a terrible, horrible choice it was.

Matt H.

« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2006, 01:24:04 PM »

LAW & ORDER: SVU had an Ice-T based episode, always my least favorite shows during the season. I find him such a limited actor and as he was in the spotlight for a great portion of the show, I just basically suffered through this one.

Matt H.

« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2006, 01:26:47 PM »

THE SOPRANOS had an interesting episode with the made guys squabbling about which pieces of the pie they wanted and were going to claim while Tony lay in a coma. Loved the coma-induced hallucinations with Tony as Kevin Finnerty. Wonder if that's somehow going to come back into the series at some point this season?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2006, 01:27:17 PM »

THE AMAZIN' RACE

SPOILERS  &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Funny Amazing Race last night.  Interesting challenges....and I am glad they are NOT making people EAT stuff....

Sad to lose the team that was eliminated, but they had a couple of chances to catch up and didn't take advantage of them....of course it didn't help that they had a delay they weren't counting on.

Funny send-off they got from Phil.  In effect, he said that they were the sluttiest women they ever had on the show.

Otherwise, I think it was the best episode in this race so far.  I really like the nail biting final task--wasn't all together sure who was going to be in last place during the last 15 minutes.

Definitely don't like the old folks.  Of all teams to pull attitude!  "Stay back. please!  Don't look at what we are doing!"  "Nope, can't tell you where the clue box is!"  What a couple of jerks!

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2006, 01:27:22 PM »

While DR MAtt H was slogging through the chaff on his TV channels last night, I was listening to Michael Giacchino's music for "Lost" -- the new CD that features music cues from various Season 1 episodes.

In addition, I heard the "Return to Peyton Place" score (lovely thing it is, too), and I treated myself to a few concerti...the "Warsaw Concerto," the "Dream of Olwyn," and the "Danse Macabre" from "Hangover Square" by Bernard Herrmann.

Most enjoyable.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 01:30:13 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2006, 01:28:40 PM »

THE AMAZIN' RACE

SPOILERS  &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&Funny send-off they got from Phil.  In effect, he said that they were the sluttiest women they ever had on the show.

Otherwise, I think it was the best episode in this race so far.  I really like the nail biting final task--wasn't all together sure who was going to be in last place during the last 15 minutes.

Definitely don't like the old folks.  Of all teams to pull attitude!  "Stay back. please!  Don't look at what we are doing!"  "Nope, can't tell you where the clue box is!"  What a couple of jerks!

Well...just how OLD are they?  Older than...???????

vixmom

« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2006, 01:30:31 PM »

who's askin'?

you're cruisin' for a bruisin'

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2006, 01:38:16 PM »

Did anyone watch the new sitcom TEACHERS last night? I recorded it and will likely get to it today at some point. It's on NBC.

I missed it. :-\

I did not like TEACHERS at all. Watched about half of it and had to turn it off. I guess having been a teacher made me sensitive to the absurdity of all the stuff that was happening. I won't be watching it any more.

I guess I shouldn't worry about it. ;)

« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 01:42:20 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2006, 01:40:06 PM »

DR MATTH - I am sure your neighbors appreciate your efforts more than you know!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2006, 01:44:32 PM »

Hiya, kidz!

Well, THAT was one eventful weekend, I tell ya!

The run-through on Saturday ended just as the house opened. I was on the horn every few minutes , saying stuff like "Petur, we have to keep going..." and "you have eleven minutes until the house opens..." and "it is half hour - everyone off the stage!"

I did get about 40 minutes with the techie before the rehearsal started to program the simplest of cues. The "direktor" added a couple of blackouts-with-CD-cues, so there were three-count-'em-three spots in the show where the tech went behind the equipment and I took the light board for a simultaneous cue...

Oh! And I forgot to tell you - in order to have FULL stage lighting for the BIG dances, there are three separate, manually-operated switches BACKSTAGE, that had to be turned on and off -- by the Bulgarian-wrangler (my guy backstage who corrals and then lines up people for the next ensemble) on an ONSTAGE MUSIC CUE, since we had no headsets for communication between the booth and backstage.

And -- the show went seamlessly. Without a hitch. I was so focussed and determined, and had everything so tight, that there were no mistakes AT ALL. Once in awhile, a dancer missed a step. Once or twice, the intonation of a song was suspect (although it's really hard to tell with that music!!) -- but the show ran perfectly.

The Seattle P-I review mentioned that the show ran "seamlessly". That was me. I was so In The Zone!!! I just LOVED it!!!!!

Now ask me how was the car....

Congratulations on the seemlessly-smooth-running-ness, PennyO!  I was seriously thinking about coming up to see it and to meet you, but I almost forgot that I had signed up to usher for a performance, here in Olympia on Saturday.  I couldn't get out of it.  Maybe the next time!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2006, 01:44:46 PM »

I just read something interesting for fans of the ABC drama COMMANDER IN CHIEF.

When it comes back to the network in two weeks, it won't be showing on Tuesday night any more. ABC is placing it on Thursday night at 10 p.m. opposite WITHOUT A TRACE on CBS and ER on NBC. Watch for it to return on April 13.

Tomovoz

« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2006, 01:45:28 PM »

Is "Teachers" the UK programme?  I think there have been 4 series made.. VERY funny. Absurd IS "Teaching".. the staff dynamics were totally believable.
James Thurber 1957

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: March 29, 2006, 01:50:17 PM »

No one watched the PBS Eugene O'Neill docu the other night? It was excellent.
Tomovoz - I read somewhere that TEACHERS is the American version of the British show.

Looks like it's going to rain again. And it's cold (for here).

Interesting piece in today's LA Times about so many books, shows and movies these days being about a loved one suddenly missing. Not necessarily dead - but simply gone. Leaves the house in the morning  - just another day. But never returns. A terrible, aching mystery and void left behind. Obviously a biproduct of 9/11.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 01:54:55 PM by Maria »

vixmom

« Reply #147 on: March 29, 2006, 01:54:45 PM »

No one watched the PBS Eugene O'Neill docu the other night? It was excellent.

Dang.  I knew there was something I was supposed to watch.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2006, 01:54:48 PM »

Oh I HATE[/i] that expression "my bad".  

I've always hated the expression "that sucks" and would give the stare of momness.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Tomovoz

« Reply #149 on: March 29, 2006, 01:54:49 PM »

Not sure if it has made it to cable or whatever but NZ programme "Seven Periods with Mr Gormsby" is an interesting view of Teaching -- and  the absudity of politcal correctness.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up