Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: I FELL ON MY ASS  (Read 110306 times)

FJL

Re:I FELL ON MY ASS
« Reply #210 on: March 29, 2006, 03:54:55 PM »

Timeless musicals - I wonder if CHICAGO fits that bill, since it turned out to be even more relevant in irs 1996-to-present revival than in its original production in the 1970's, and it's got the movie version that will keep audiences interetsed for a long long time.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #211 on: March 29, 2006, 03:56:51 PM »

Well, congratulations are in order - with two days to go, we have just set a new record - March 2006 is our highest posting month ever, in the history of haineshisway.com.  We're currently over 9300 posts for this month, with the previous record, January 2005 clocking in at 9233 or something like that.  We still don't know if this will be a record month for number of hits - that we won't know for another two days - right now we're far enough behind our high number of hits that it's hard to tell.

I feel that soon we will be the most popular site on all the Internet.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #212 on: March 29, 2006, 03:58:29 PM »

I used up all my credit and got bunches of upcoming DVDs today, including the Mel Brooks box set, the Fox Laurel and Hardy box (3 DVDs), The World's Greatest Lover and The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother, both Gene Wilder films.  Also got King Kong, which I'll be watching this very evening.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #213 on: March 29, 2006, 04:02:12 PM »

Well, congratulations are in order - with two days to go, we have just set a new record - March 2006 is our highest posting month ever, in the history of haineshisway.com.  We're currently over 9300 posts for this month, with the previous record, January 2005 clocking in at 9233 or something like that.  We still don't know if this will be a record month for number of hits - that we won't know for another two days - right now we're far enough behind our high number of hits that it's hard to tell.

I feel that soon we will be the most popular site on all the Internet.

Cool Beans!!!

Electric Personalities is what I say it is!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

MBarnum

« Reply #214 on: March 29, 2006, 04:02:57 PM »

Happy King Kong viewing BK, and just see if the bra-less Fay Wray doesn't appear to be a bit chilly in a few scenes  :o

MBarnum

« Reply #215 on: March 29, 2006, 04:03:49 PM »

I am going to pick up the 1950s British INVISIBLE MAN tv series that came out today! Although I probably won't buy it until next week...or so.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #216 on: March 29, 2006, 04:36:58 PM »

I probably won't end up doing a LESTAT report here from a "quality" perspective, since by committing to not doing one before seeing the show, I won't have to say anything at all if I don't love it.  I'll report back on the experience of seeing it, though.  I am of course rooting for it to have a long life, mainly because of DR Jose, and have heard that lots of good changes have gone in.   We are really looking forward to it, very excited about the show that awaits us in a little over an hour.

Does that make any sense?  :)

Sure...been there...done that...and hopefully, you're seeing a better version thatn I saw (and mostly admired).
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #217 on: March 29, 2006, 04:52:44 PM »

Since The Aristocrats is nothing but a bunch of talking heads, with no action to speak of, I don't think the Grandlads would appreciate it, so I won't be getting it for them.

Everyone can breathe easier now.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #218 on: March 29, 2006, 04:53:09 PM »

Freakin'!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #219 on: March 29, 2006, 05:03:21 PM »

Since The Aristocrats is nothing but a bunch of talking heads, with no action to speak of, I don't think the Grandlads would appreciate it, so I won't be getting it for them.

Everyone can breathe easier now.

Do you think that their mother would like it? :o

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #220 on: March 29, 2006, 05:04:50 PM »

And I'm looking forward to seeing DECEIT this weekend with our dear Bruce in a role tailor-made for him! I had the pleasure of performing onstage with him a number of times in the distant past, and of seeing him in leading roles in classic plays. It will be a nostalgia-rush to see him up there in the lights again...

I will be seeing "Deceit" on Friday evening.  The first time ever seeing the esteemed BK in person.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #221 on: March 29, 2006, 05:39:33 PM »

Have fun Matthew!!

I send broken leg vibes for bk and company for a spectacular performance on Friday!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #222 on: March 29, 2006, 05:39:56 PM »

Not the Fay Wray King Kong - the new one.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #223 on: March 29, 2006, 05:49:54 PM »

Timeless classic musicals: I think FIDDLER ON THE ROOF qualifies - timeless, because the story is not really Jews and pogroms in turn-o-the-20th-century Russia - it's about the generations... about tradition versus "progress"... that's why it plays so well in Japan, too. It is about Family, about The Village. This is Timeless stuff...
PennyO

Matthew

« Reply #224 on: March 29, 2006, 05:50:10 PM »

And now... presenting the newest memeber of the Matthew and DP Eric's family....  Otto das Uberhund

Otto was born on Feb 5, 2006 and is still living with his brothers and sisters while they all go through the dreaded ear cropping and should be able to come "HOME" in a few weeks.  He is of the Schnauzer breed.  Eric and I played with him, his mom and his brothers and sisters last Sunday and were totally taken by him.  
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 05:51:51 PM by Matthew »

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #225 on: March 29, 2006, 05:51:18 PM »

Bruce, actually I'd like to see the new King Kong, too at some point. I did not like the '70's version, but from what I have seen and hoid about this one, I eagerly anticipate a viewing.

Treat that foot carefully, bucko.
PennyO

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #226 on: March 29, 2006, 05:51:24 PM »

He is absolutely precious......

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #227 on: March 29, 2006, 05:52:09 PM »

Oooohhhhhh! Baby Otto!!!! love them little schnauzers..
PennyO

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #228 on: March 29, 2006, 05:52:12 PM »

Timeless musicals....

Hello Dolly
Fiddler on the Roof
Cats
Les Miserables

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #229 on: March 29, 2006, 05:52:29 PM »

Hate that They cut off their ears and tails.
PennyO

Matthew

« Reply #230 on: March 29, 2006, 05:56:06 PM »

Hate that They cut off their ears and tails.

I'm with you, DR PennyO.  The tails I can understand because a Schnauzer tail that is not cropped looks like a pig!  All twirly and such.  I had a hard time getting passed the ear cropping.  In the end, they are easy to maintain.  It all began with Schnauzers were used as Rat dogs and the floppy ears and tails got in the way of their work.  Now they just do it, I guess.  

Tomovoz

« Reply #231 on: March 29, 2006, 05:57:51 PM »

Lovely Pup Matthew. Our neighbours have a Schauzer  -"Oscar". Magnus and Fosca were "chatting" with him  at the front gate just yesterday.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #232 on: March 29, 2006, 05:59:51 PM »

It is now not legal here to "de- tail" etc. There was never a benefit to the dog - only an asthetic vanity for the breeder/owner.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #233 on: March 29, 2006, 06:00:22 PM »

Otto is very neat, cool. groovy and far out

Cillaliz

« Reply #234 on: March 29, 2006, 06:01:32 PM »

I don't like declawing cats either.  It isn't that hard to trip their claws.  Declawing is like cutting off someone's fingers at the first knuckle.

Cillaliz

« Reply #235 on: March 29, 2006, 06:02:47 PM »

We may have our first severe thunderstorms tomorrow night.  Tonight we may have thunderstorms with small hail.  IT'S SPRING!!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #236 on: March 29, 2006, 06:04:31 PM »

You're going to hate it!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #237 on: March 29, 2006, 06:09:25 PM »

BABY PUPPY TUMMY FUZZ!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #238 on: March 29, 2006, 06:18:58 PM »

Oh, in that case I pity you.  :P

MBarnum

« Reply #239 on: March 29, 2006, 06:21:52 PM »

Matthew, wee little Otto is cute as a button! And if you ever need a dog sitter just send him on up...Uncle Mike would be happy to have him!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up