Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: ZEN AND NOW  (Read 23996 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:ZEN AND NOW
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2006, 05:04:47 PM »

I'm going to an interesting event tonight at the TV Academy. WOMEN IN PRIME. Dealing with women in front of and behind the camera in Prime Time. For those interested in taking a look, there will be a LIVE WEBCAST at www.emmys.tv which is scheduled to begin at around 8 PM PST.

Good line-up of panelists scheduled:
Diane Burroughs (Creator, Executive Producer, Still Standing)
Laura Innes (ER)
Melina Kanakaredes (CSI NY)
Janet Leahy (Executive Producer, Boston Legal)
Janel Moloney (West Wing)
Kathryn Morris (Cold Case)
CCH Pounder (The Shield)
Kyra Sedgwick (The Closer)
Greer Shephard (Executive Producer, The Closer)
Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men)
Jeanne Tripplehorn (Big Love)
And special guest Ms. Angela Lansbury

Should be fun. I'm hoping to say hi to Kyra Sedgwick at the reception afterwards. Haven't seen her since the 1993 Golden Globe Awards when she was nominated for Miss Rose White. During Rose White, BTW, she was invisibly pregnant with her (and Kevin Bacon's) daughter, Sosie, who now must be 14. How time flies!
Their son Travis was 3 at the time. He was very musical and, as I remember, Kevin B. had made him a little guitar which they played on the set while waiting for mom. Very sweet. After I came back from location (Richmond, Virginia as 1940's NY!) I sent them DD's miniature violin which she had outgrown.

That sounds like fun.  Unfortunately it will just be getting started at my bedtime so no webtime for me  :-\.
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2006, 05:06:55 PM »

. During Rose White, BTW, she was invisibly pregnant with her (and Kevin Bacon's) daughter, Sosie, who now must be 14. How time flies!
Their son Travis was 3 at the time. He was very musical and, as I remember, Kevin B. had made him a little guitar which they played on the set while waiting for mom. Very sweet. After I came back from location (Richmond, Virginia as 1940's NY!) I sent them DD's miniature violin which she had outgrown.

Hmmm that means next time we play seven degrees from Kevin Bacon I can out me inthe equation, I know you, you know Kevin  ;D

vixmom

« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2006, 05:07:37 PM »

Jane , how is the health of the residents in your house?  Are you all ready for your weekend guests?

vixmom

« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2006, 05:16:39 PM »

I'm watching the NBC news, and they're playing the newly released 911 calls for help from the World Trade Center on 9/11.  They're also interviewing the parents of the victim making the call from the 106th floor.  It's so sad.  And infuriating.

I think this is absolutely dreadful.. The press has absolutely no sense of decency.  I have been doing everything in my power to avoid hearing these.  We lost many people from my town and only by the Grace of God did I not lose my brother and my cousin.   My brother was supposed to be in the World Trade Center at 8:30 AM and stopped at5 his midtown office for a file he had forgotten the night before, a phone call delayed him until nearly 9 at which point the first plane had hit and he stayed put coordinating  evacutation proceedings with his Trade Center branch by phone

My cousin was booked on the flight that hit the Pentagon and his business meeting was cancelled the evening before

If they had been so unfortunate as to have been where they were originally supposed to be the last thing I would want is their last moments played out on the TV for entertainment purposes.

I guess its human nature to enjoy the suffering of others,  look at all the people who used to attend public hangings and beheadings and witch burnings etc etc etc

it turns my stomach  

vixmom

« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2006, 05:23:48 PM »

Well that cheery topic chased everyone away

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2006, 05:29:52 PM »

Wow Vixmom, very chilling.  Keith had been in NY on business and returned home on the same flight number, only two days earlier, as the plane that crashed in PA.  I had really wanted to go with him and couldn’t.  If I had we most likely would have returned on that flight.

Thanks for asking.  Today I finally felt as if I were functioning a bit more normally thanks to the Benadryl I took the last two nights- plan to do so again tonight, just half a dose.  I was feeling so productive I decided to forgo my much needed walk and get some major errands done.  When I returned to my car I suddenly felt my throat bothering me again and everything getting worse, then I noticed a truck with hay parked next to me. ::)

Jane

« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2006, 05:32:38 PM »

From Matt H:
Last year, BOSTON LEGAL was entered in the dramatic categories at the Emmys where Spader and Shatner both won in their respective categories. I read that this year, producer David E. Kelley is planning to submit the show in the comedy categories instead since there are many fewer competing shows. It should do very well this year with the nominating committees.

Interesting-thanks.

vixmom

« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2006, 05:37:18 PM »

I'm glad you are feeling better Jane... now just  don't go rolling in any haystacks!!

I am also very glad that you weren't able to accompany Keith on that trip!!!!

Jane

« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2006, 05:38:03 PM »

Bruce, while Keith enjoyed KING KONG more than you did, your assessment of the actors could have been a quote from him.

Jane

« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2006, 05:39:39 PM »

Thanks and me too.  When disappointments in life happen they are often for the best and boy was that a perfect example.

vixmom

« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2006, 05:41:30 PM »

Re: Boston Legal... I love how they casually slip in little  lines here and there that you could easily miss if you're not paying careful attention.

There was one episode where James Spader and William Shatner had no contact at all throughout the show. At the end, when they met for cigars,  William Shatner said " I feel like I didn't see you at all this episode"

Another time when William Shatner was talking to guest star Tom Sellek he starts out with the anology "We're very much alike, I'm a leading man, you're a leading man..."

« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 05:42:52 PM by Vixmom »

Jane

« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2006, 05:42:14 PM »

From Ginny:
Today I'm presenting a mini-version of my grantseeking basics workshop to the Library's senior management.  Tomorrow I have my interview, about which I received some insider info that came as a great relief   :-X

LOL- I had to look up this “lips sealed” guy.  I couldn’t understand why you were sad. ;D

GREAT VIBES tomorrow!

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2006, 05:52:49 PM »

Well it looks like I will survive the week...now the question is whether I'll survive my niece, her friend and the Ashlee Simpson concert tomorrow night.  

Jane

« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2006, 05:56:26 PM »

LOL-you are going to an Ashlee Simpson concert-LOL.  I look forward to hearing all about it.

vixmom

« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2006, 05:57:01 PM »

Well it looks like I will survive the week...now the question is whether I'll survive my niece, her friend and the Ashlee Simpson concert tomorrow night.  
;D ;D\

~~~~Ashlee Simpson Survival Vibes~~~~~

Jane

« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2006, 06:11:32 PM »

Now that we have all our new guest room furniture, bedding and various accents in place, come Monday we must move as much as possible out of there.  This must be done sometime on Monday morning between our weekend company leaving and the tear out crew for the adjoining guest bathroom arriving.  :-\

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2006, 06:12:29 PM »

After a rather longish week, and a busy, busy day today, I discovered that tomorrow will be relatively calm and quiet at work, so I'm taking a day off.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 06:19:27 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2006, 06:13:07 PM »

It has been three weeks since I last watched an episode of "Survivor"...don't know what's been going on or who's left.  

Come to think of it, I don't much care!

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2006, 06:15:44 PM »

Ron- ;D

Enjoy your day off.

vixmom

« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2006, 06:15:58 PM »

After a rather longish week, and a busy, busy day today, I discovered that tomorrow will be relatively calm and quiet and work, so I'm taking a day off.

good for you!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2006, 06:16:06 PM »

I'm really jazzed about there being a new episode of "Smallville" tonight.  It has been WEEKS since the last new episode (before the Olympics, if anyone remembers THEM).

And I have to admit I've taken a liking to "Supernatural", which is also fresh and new tonight.

I guess I'll be recording "Will and Grace" for a quick viewing later on...the show is about done forever...and each episode gets worse than the last, IMO.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2006, 06:17:02 PM »

Ron- ;D

Enjoy your day off.

Thanks, Jane.  I hope I can.  There are a bunch of little things I've been wanting to do lately.  Maybe tomorrow and the rest of the weekend will see them come to fruition.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2006, 06:18:51 PM »

DR FJL:  I'm thoroughly and totally jealous that you've been able to see the "new" "Lestat."

I saw it once, on New Year's Eve, actually...and found the second half a lot of fun.  

I'm glad to hear things have picked up in the first act.

Does Lestat, himself, have a kick-ass number along the lines of Claudia's?

vixmom

« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2006, 06:19:38 PM »

I never care what is happening on Survivor... or American Idol or The Race Around show either come to think of it...nor the Sopranos or Housewives, Desperate or otherwise or even the folks of Lost... lets face it I am completely out of touch with modern TV culture....

Lordy!  I've become uncool!!!

Oh, wait... I never was cool......

never mind

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2006, 06:21:04 PM »

Does anyone here have the CD recording of "Blitz!"?

I had a "Gold Box" discount offer for it on Amazon.com and I ordered it...mainly because one of the reviews promised that if I loved "Oliver!" then I would love "Blitz!"

It's probably been discussed here in the past, but I don't recall what was said.

Cillaliz

« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2006, 06:23:32 PM »

LOL-you are going to an Ashlee Simpson concert-LOL.  I look forward to hearing all about it.

My 16 year old niece called and said she was going to the concert with 16 year old friend and just wanted to spend the night at my house.  I really didn't want her to go alone, so I got some really good seats and I'm going with them,.

vixmom

« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2006, 06:25:16 PM »

My 16 year old niece called and said she was going to the concert with 16 year old friend and just wanted to spend the night at my house.  I really didn't want her to go alone, so I got some really good seats and I'm going with them,.

You are a good auntie!!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2006, 06:30:39 PM »

Does anyone here have the CD recording of "Blitz!"?

I had a "Gold Box" discount offer for it on Amazon.com and I ordered it...mainly because one of the reviews promised that if I loved "Oliver!" then I would love "Blitz!"

It's probably been discussed here in the past, but I don't recall what was said.

I actually just got this myself last month!  I don't know if I (will eventually) love it as much as "Oliver!," but I certainly do enjoy it.  I recommend it, especially if you can get a discount. :)

« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 06:31:47 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2006, 06:31:30 PM »

Jane

« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2006, 06:32:44 PM »

I think it’s great you are taking the girls to the concert and I’m sure their parents are thrilled.  The only thing I refused to take the boys to, Keith had the pleasure, was to wrestling.  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up