Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: MARCH INTO APRIL  (Read 27527 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:MARCH INTO APRIL
« Reply #180 on: March 31, 2006, 01:37:22 PM »

CBS' thinking about THE UNIT at 9 is that it makes for a good two hour action/military block with NCIS and then THE UNIT. THE AMAZING RACE, while benefitting from the big NCIS audience lead-in, is not the most compatible show as a slot mate with NCIS. And THE UNIT is doubling the number of viewers RACE used to attract at 9, so it's really a business decision for the network.

8 p.m. is a more family friendly slot for it, but it's going to have to pull its weight now totally on its own with no lead-in.

I also read that if RACE does OK at 8 p.m., CBS next season may alternate RACE and SURVIVOR (on Thursday) so as not to wear them out with two editions each season for each of them. RACE would take half the season on Thursdays at 8 and SURVIVOR would take the other half of the season.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #181 on: March 31, 2006, 01:38:44 PM »

The Eiffel Tower opened onthis date in 1889

http://www.eiffel-tower.com/
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Matt H.

« Reply #182 on: March 31, 2006, 01:39:49 PM »

Page Seven Br'er Bear Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #183 on: March 31, 2006, 01:42:24 PM »

Finished up the afternoon viewing with last night's SUPERNATURAL. The practical jokes the brothers were playing on one another were lame and tiresome, but I always like the ghost stories and this week's didn't disappoint.

The producers of the show desaturate the color from the film before it's shown on the network, but I noticed in the previews for next week that the color hadn't been drained out of it. Will look next week to see if they're stopping this practice or if this was just an error in processing the previews this week.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #184 on: March 31, 2006, 01:49:11 PM »

How is your back feeling these days TCB?

Not good, I am afraid, Vixmom; but thank you for asking.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

vixmom

« Reply #185 on: March 31, 2006, 01:49:30 PM »

It was a beautiful day here as well.  I went out earlier and was very tempted not to come back!!

vixmom

« Reply #186 on: March 31, 2006, 01:52:10 PM »

I am very sorry to hear that.  Don't you have any kindly neighbors that could come over and give you a back massage?

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PAIN FREE BACK VIBES~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

for dear TCB
[/size][/color]

vixmom

« Reply #187 on: March 31, 2006, 01:53:28 PM »

Well it is just about the witching hour so I shall go saddle up my broom and get ready to fight claw and scratch my way home  on the LIE

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Matt H.

« Reply #188 on: March 31, 2006, 01:53:58 PM »

FInally, some TV timeslot news that made ME happy:

NBC is moving LAW & ORDER back to 10 p.m. starting next week. THE HEIST slides anhour earlier to 9 p.m. Now, I won't need to use the VCR in the bedroom to tape record the IDOL results show.

Tomovoz

« Reply #189 on: March 31, 2006, 02:07:56 PM »

[size=8]HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR ANN[/size]
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #190 on: March 31, 2006, 02:09:16 PM »

And from the land of OZ - Happy April Fool's Day.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #191 on: March 31, 2006, 02:09:47 PM »

Hey ladies, as the Fonz used to say, there's enough of me to go around!

(this post pending TPunk's approval)

Add me to the Sondheim Sight-Seeing list!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #192 on: March 31, 2006, 02:11:57 PM »

Page Seven Br'er Bear Dance!!!

Speaking of "Song of the South," François, I just mailed you a package!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #193 on: March 31, 2006, 02:14:59 PM »

You joined us after October didn't you DakotaCelt?  Last October MBarnum, Ginny, Danise, Cillaliz and Jane all flew in, Woody & DerB drove up and the Vixter & I drove in  to the Big Apple and DR Jose led us all on a walking/eating tour of NYC acompanied by TPunk & DR Jason!  The day before the WET Danise, The Vixter & I  toured Central Park, including the zoo and the carousel after first touring the American Girl Place with Jane, Cillaliz & Ginny. That evening we all met up again and had a nice dinner after a short visit with elmore & Ben. It was wonderful.

At the end of the WET, WFO joined us and the Vixter & I left
and they rest of the group met up with Ben, Rodzinski & elmore and all went to FJL & Skip's place to start an evening of HHW merriment.

I shall have to find some of the pictures to post for you.  It was a wonderful couple of days  :D  

Sounds like you had a splendid time!!

Yes, I joined in January.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

« Reply #194 on: March 31, 2006, 02:15:00 PM »

~~~Vibes for TCB's Back!!~~~

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #195 on: March 31, 2006, 02:17:12 PM »

Vibes for TCB's back.... Take care!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #196 on: March 31, 2006, 02:19:56 PM »

Do any of you Broadway insiders know what's going on with Ken Mandelbaum and Broadway.com? Have they parted ways? Has he gone somewhere else? There have been no new columns there this week and no announcement about a vacation or leave of absence. Just curious what's going on.

Matt H.

« Reply #197 on: March 31, 2006, 02:20:48 PM »

Definitely send good wishes to the cast of DECEIT for tonight's filming.

Hope your back will get better, DR TCB!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 02:21:14 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #198 on: March 31, 2006, 02:27:37 PM »

Heading down now to mop that kitchen floor and try to finsh up with shows on the DVR before IN JUSTICE has its finale tonight. I do believe this is the last-ever episode (although the show hasn't been officially canceled).

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: March 31, 2006, 02:41:14 PM »

Thank you for all the excellent meeting vibes.
At first I thought they weren't working. O ye of little faith. (That would be me. Ye is me. Ye is I? I am ye?)
Anyway -  what happened was.... I made myself look as lovely as possible - Bohemian - yet businesslike - a force to be reckoned with, and started out an hour early to give myself plenty of time to find the place (in Beverly Hills), park, relax. My first mistake was trusting the Mapquest Directions - which seemed pretty straightforward.
At the point that i realized that I was lost, it was still a half hour before meeting time. I knew that I was in the general neck of the woods, so no worries. WRONG. Ten minutes before meeting and I seemed to be no longer in the Hills of Beverly. So, at a red light, I shouted out my car window at a gentleman who was walking with some purpose and had no camera. Therefore, not a tourist and possibly someone who knew the area. By the time he figured out what I was asking and quickly shouted out directions, the light changed. He shouted at me to turn left. And I did. From the middle lane. Three guesses as to what the next noise I heard was. ...Anyone who said "A siren" wins the door-prize. Sooo... I pulled over on a side street. Made myslef look as lost and confused as possible. (Which wasn't hard - because I WAS lost and confused.) The officer took all my paperwork and went to his cruiser. He came back in a few minutes and - bless his heart - did not give me a ticket. He did give me very detailed directions. ...Which for some reason did NOT lead me to my destination.
By now I was officially LATE. For a first meeting. With someone on whom I was trying to make a good impression. There's a lot more boring detail - but I finally did find the place (after two calls to his assistant) and arrived a mere 20 minutes late.
He was very sweet about it all and we had a superb meeting. I won't know the outcome until Monday, but really, the meeting couldn't have gone better.
So the HHW Vibes worked, as always. And I thank you all.

Speaking of Vibes -- Excellent Back Healing Vibes to DR TCB!

Cillaliz

« Reply #200 on: March 31, 2006, 02:47:52 PM »

WOW Cillaliz! As wellas 18 months of his life he probably lost his job and maybe his home, humiliated his family... gosh, what a price to pay to make a few extra bucks on ebay huh?

Yup. He did sell the disks regularly for 4 years. The value of the software was very high even though he didn't make a lot of money

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #201 on: March 31, 2006, 03:19:01 PM »

Good to hear that outcome, DR CILLA LIZ!  I hope it is highly publicized and other fraud merchants take note!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #202 on: March 31, 2006, 03:19:20 PM »

Continued vibes for DECEIT -

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #203 on: March 31, 2006, 03:20:03 PM »

As DR RODZINSKI said - acting in plays in Indiana sets you right up for a New York Theatre experience...

Indianapolis >>>>>>> New York!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #204 on: March 31, 2006, 03:20:30 PM »

Since March was our biggest posting month ever, I think we need to send it out with a BIG posting day!

Danise

« Reply #205 on: March 31, 2006, 03:27:29 PM »

Feel better back vibes to our dear TCB.  

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

I may not have the pain myself but I know all to well how it can affect you.  Mom has been in bed since the day I came home form the hosptial.  

Yes, DR Vixmom we all had a wonderful time back in October.  I think that's part of what's bugging me.  Since I took the extra 2 weeks off to heal from the surgery, I know that there is no way I will be able to go on any kind of trip this year.  I so wanted to meet DR TomovOz,  his DP and go to the zoo again or maybe make it to the Left coast and meet some the gang there.

I have to build my time back up in case there is an emergency.  Thank goodness for FMLA.  At least if something happened, I wouldn't have to worry about losing my job.

So at least until next year at this time or even the fall of next year, I won't be going anywhere.   :( :'(
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #206 on: March 31, 2006, 03:35:01 PM »

TOTD:
CD: Jacqueline Boyer "Si Quelqu'un Vient Vous Dire"
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #207 on: March 31, 2006, 03:55:28 PM »

Kevin Spirtas is now singing Night and Day.

Gee! When does he get to rest?

François de Paris

« Reply #208 on: March 31, 2006, 04:00:14 PM »

He was a good sport at the dress rehearsal of 70 GIRLS 70, considering he was easily the youngest person there. His first night in New York and he sees Neil Simon, Stephen Sondheim, and John Kander in person. Not too shabby.

Not to mention DR Jason who we happened to run into with his friend Ken who hosts a cable access show.

You should have told Neil, Stephen and John that they can post at HHW whenever they feel like it! ;)

-- Your whatever French nephew!! :D --

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #209 on: March 31, 2006, 04:03:24 PM »

Thank you, one and all, for the
~~~~good back vibes~~~~.  
I wish I could say that I don't need them, but unfortunately I do.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up