Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE JOGGING JEW  (Read 35939 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE JOGGING JEW
« Reply #330 on: April 04, 2006, 11:08:15 PM »

and I will have to forgive Vixmom and Elmore for living in the land of the evil empire (aka the Yankees)

They also live in the land of the Mets.

Doesn't that balance things?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #331 on: April 04, 2006, 11:08:41 PM »

Page 12 --- WE DID IT!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 11:09:32 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #332 on: April 04, 2006, 11:08:45 PM »

??????????????????

What do you mean by "way deep in a studio"?  

I am envisioning a studio/sound stage place as huge barn so to speak and how do they get out if they are on a set in the middle of this barn?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #333 on: April 04, 2006, 11:09:29 PM »

They also live in the land of the Mets.

Doesn't that balance things?

I forgot abotu the Mets!!

ARe the Giants in San Franciso?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #334 on: April 04, 2006, 11:11:10 PM »

I am envisioning a studio/sound stage place as huge barn so to speak and how do they get out if they are on a set in the middle of this barn?

RUN!

I think it wouldn't be any more difficult getting off a sound stage than it would be to get out of a CostCo, Sam's Club or a Super K-Mart.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #335 on: April 04, 2006, 11:11:46 PM »

Let me draw a lay out

-----------
[           }
{           }
{           }

Imagine that as part of a large studio complexes and the 'barn' has sets and sound stages.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #336 on: April 04, 2006, 11:11:59 PM »

I forgot abotu the Mets!!

ARe the Giants in San Franciso?

Yes.  San Francisco has the 49ers and the Giants.

Oakland has the Raiders and the Athletics (A's).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #337 on: April 04, 2006, 11:12:53 PM »

Let me draw a lay out

-----------
[           }
{           }
{           }

Imagine that as part of a large studio complexes and the 'barn' has sets and sound stages.

Let's ask it this way:

If a barn in North Dakota catches fire, how does the farmer get out if he's up in the hayloft?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #338 on: April 04, 2006, 11:13:37 PM »

RUN!

I think it wouldn't be any more difficult getting off a sound stage than it would be to get out of a CostCo, Sam's Club or a Super K-Mart.

hmmmm

So people make out alive?

I keep thinking the movie earthquake and the quakes in northridge and San Francisco.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #339 on: April 04, 2006, 11:14:31 PM »

The only tremors we feel here is if you live close to railroad tracks and you can sometimes feel the train going over the tracks...

ND has never had an earthquake...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #340 on: April 04, 2006, 11:14:43 PM »

Actually, I think getting out of a studio sound stage would be easier than getting out of an airport terminal.

But maybe someone else has some different ideas on the topic.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #341 on: April 04, 2006, 11:15:38 PM »

Let's ask it this way:

If a barn in North Dakota catches fire, how does the farmer get out if he's up in the hayloft?

They dont store them in barns. They store hay in a layby.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #342 on: April 04, 2006, 11:17:13 PM »

hmmmm

So people make out alive?

I keep thinking the movie earthquake and the quakes in northridge and San Francisco.

Fortunately, most people get out alive.

In the 89 Loma Prieta quake, the casualties were minimal...the most awful of which were people in cars on collapsed parts of the freeways.

The Northridge quake in 94 was more severe and happened while people were home in bed.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #343 on: April 04, 2006, 11:17:17 PM »

Actually, I think getting out of a studio sound stage would be easier than getting out of an airport terminal.

But maybe someone else has some different ideas on the topic.

I have heard horror stories abotu LAX... I am amazed taht people get out alive there...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #344 on: April 04, 2006, 11:17:52 PM »

They dont store them in barns. They store hay in a layby.

:D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #345 on: April 04, 2006, 11:18:59 PM »

Fortunately, most people get out alive.

In the 89 Loma Prieta quake, the casualties were minimal...the most awful of which were people in cars on collapsed parts of the freeways.

The Northridge quake in 94 was more severe and happened while people were home in bed.

My cousin who works with USGS worked on research concerning the Northridge quake...

I remember the Loma Prieta quake. It stopped the beginning of a game in the owrld series. If I remember right Al Micheals got a pulitzer or something for his coverage of the quake.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #346 on: April 04, 2006, 11:19:06 PM »

I have heard horror stories abotu LAX... I am amazed taht people get out alive there...

Horror stories about LAX?  Isn't that just when flights have been delayed and folks are stranded?

I haven't heard of any problems with LAX and earthquakes.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #347 on: April 04, 2006, 11:19:30 PM »

It's time to call it a night.

Truly.

I mean it.

Good night, DakotaCelt.

Good night, BK!

Good night, John Boy.....
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 11:20:42 PM by Ron Pulliam »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #348 on: April 04, 2006, 11:20:17 PM »

:D
Laybys are quite durable inventions...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #349 on: April 04, 2006, 11:21:30 PM »

Horror stories about LAX?  Isn't that just when flights have been delayed and folks are stranded?

I haven't heard of any problems with LAX and earthquakes.

In the movie the arches on the terminal caved in!!

DF and I just watched it this past weekend after he got irritated about watching Cheyenne Autumn...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #350 on: April 04, 2006, 11:22:09 PM »

It's time to call it a night.

Truly.

I mean it.

Good night, DakotaCelt.

Good night, BK!

Good night, John Boy.....

Good night Ron!!

Thanks for the chat and take care!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #351 on: April 04, 2006, 11:24:17 PM »

Ron, I see I passed 2000!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #352 on: April 04, 2006, 11:26:44 PM »

In the movie the arches on the terminal caved in!!

DF and I just watched it this past weekend after he got irritated about watching Cheyenne Autumn...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......the MOVIE!

No wonder.....that was a major quake scenario...

And it was fiction...

The real thing...on a large scale...will be much worse no matter where one might be in the area.

:)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #353 on: April 04, 2006, 11:27:24 PM »

Ron, I see I passed 2000!

Quite some time ago...!

See??!!  Told you all's you has to do is post!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #354 on: April 04, 2006, 11:31:18 PM »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......the MOVIE!

No wonder.....that was a major quake scenario...

And it was fiction...

The real thing...on a large scale...will be much worse no matter where one might be in the area.

My cousin commented that the large one could be down the road for CA. She is also working with a research program out of San Diego.

I think If I was in CA and experienced an quake, I would think one of two things: I would totally scared out of my wits or I might think the early tremors might be fun. More than likely I would be a basket case...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 11:40:44 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #355 on: April 04, 2006, 11:31:51 PM »

Quite some time ago...!

See??!!  Told you all's you has to do is post!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #356 on: April 04, 2006, 11:33:38 PM »

Is Burbank anywhere near South Central LA that has all the problems with gangs, drive by shootings and other activities?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #357 on: April 04, 2006, 11:34:34 PM »

Sorry to be so clueless but for Me I only know SoCal through what I read and what I see on the telly or the silver screen.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #358 on: April 04, 2006, 11:37:52 PM »

I know SoCal has problems with the Santa Annas and dry weather conditions and many acres over the years have been burned.  They tend to outside of the city of LA.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #359 on: April 04, 2006, 11:39:26 PM »

I have aanother cousin who works in the Antarctic and she has shared some interesting photos. She has even met Princess Ann.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up