Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BEGINNING OF THE END  (Read 27933 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:THE BEGINNING OF THE END
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2006, 08:40:53 AM »

THE AMAZIN' RACE SPOILER WARN----aw heck!  I think everyone watched this one last night...

Hmmm...evil, evil, evil.  Coming from all teams except Ray and Yolanda, who ran a clean race and sashayed themselves into a comfortable win (I wish they got had received a better prize, though.)  

Karma bit the other three teams in the ass.  I am most disappointed with the Hippies--stirring up dissension like that is not the way to win this race.  I think their attempt to play MoJo against the Frats was worse than the Frats cancelling the taxis.  It truly was unseemly.  At this point, I think I prefer to root for Ray and Yolanda (I like how Yolanda moves and I enjoyed Ray's reaction in coming in first last night.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2006, 08:42:11 AM »

Oh!  My first new page dance in days!

Do I dare?

Should I?

Would I?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2006, 08:42:48 AM »

I am with DR CP....I would figure Dion was Dion!

You can imagine how excited I used to get when there would be stories in the paper about the Allison Transmission Division of General Motors.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2006, 08:44:55 AM »

PAGE THREE AMAZING RACE DANCE:

-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2006, 08:46:21 AM »

Shocking!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2006, 08:47:38 AM »

Two people in that picture are PROBABLY worth a cool $500,000 each (before taxes).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2006, 08:48:27 AM »

Well the Barbara Eden commentary on the COUNTRY CLUB DANCE episode of I Love Lucy is okay....some nice memories of Lucy....but mostly ..  Not Much!  

FJL

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2006, 08:49:26 AM »

I'm looking forward to my mini-vacation in San Diego next Wednesday to Saturday, but am finding that the work that I had to do prior to going just refuses to get done.  I was aiming for trying to get it done by Monday, so that in case the client has questions, they'd be able to get resolved on Tuesday before I go.  But given some of the computer program issues involved, I may have to work on the weekend to meet that goal.  (Does it count as a real vacation if you had to work on the weekend before it in order to make sure you can in fact get away?)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2006, 08:51:57 AM »

I'm looking forward to my mini-vacation in San Diego next Wednesday to Saturday, but am finding that the work that I had to do prior to going just refuses to get done.  I was aiming for trying to get it done by Monday, so that in case the client has questions, they'd be able to get resolved on Tuesday before I go.  But given some of the computer program issues involved, I may have to work on the weekend to meet that goal.  (Does it count as a real vacation if you had to work on the weekend before it in order to make sure you can in fact get away?)

No, I think you should get an extra week off as recompense... feel free to tell your employers I said so!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2006, 08:55:22 AM »

Two people in that picture are PROBABLY worth a cool $500,000 each (before taxes).

What's strange is that they all look happy.  Was this taken during the race after a pitstop?
-- Anaïs Nin

FJL

« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2006, 08:56:13 AM »

Vixmom - Since I only get paid for the hours I actually work (although I'm certainly not complaining about that deal, since they're very generous), taking that week would just cost me money.  :)  Definitely not their fault that these things are happening, though, just unexpected problems with an outside computer program.  But it is odd to HAVE to do tax work on a weekend not in tax season.  :(

Jennifer

« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2006, 08:59:38 AM »

Re: last night's LOST.

spoilers.

OMG. Wow!  That was totally shocking.

And that was even though I accidently found out that Ana Lucia would get shot.

But I had not idea that Michael would do it (i wonder if the Others forced him to in order for him to get back Walt).

Re: the actresses being eliminated because of the DUIs. THat was my first thought. But my sister saw the woman who plays Ana Lucia on Good Morning America today. And she said that she was told when she first got the job that her character would die.

Also she was on Regis and Kelly today. And they also asked her when she found out  she was leaving the show. And she explained how hard it was for her not to tell anybody. She went into a lot of detail.

Oh apparently on GMA Charlie Gibson asked her directly if her departure had anything to do with the DUI. ANd she said she was absolutely positive it had nothing to do with it.

I'm glad he asked her point blank.

Anyhow, totally shocking show. After i heard she would get shot i was thinking that the guy in the hatch would do it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 09:08:35 AM by Jennifer »

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2006, 09:02:26 AM »

Hiya, Kidz!

Just about to head outa here... Motel 6 bed in Redding, CA SUCKS!!! But the free coffee gives me quite a nice buzzzzz...

TOD - probably several Art House Movies... does UNBRELLAS OF CHERBOURG count? I remember seeing that when I was about 17 years old. I was quite taken with it.

And MY DINNER WITH ANDRE. I was captivated. Two guys, having dinner and talking about the Meaning of Life.

I liked WHAT THE (BLEEP) DO WE KNOW, in spite of the rather low production values...

You see how my taste runs to the mystical and mythical...

Well, Jane, see you around 11:30 or noon. Laters, gators!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2006, 09:03:26 AM »

Oh, thanks, everyone, for the good travel vibes, and my own best safe travel vibes to elmore and CillaLiz and Fred L and whoever else has to get in a car or on a plane today! Or tomorrow. Or ever...
PennyO

FJL

« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2006, 09:04:52 AM »

I first saw FIRST NUDIE MUSICAL on its opening day in a theater that was often used as an art house, the 68th (or was it 67th?) Street Playhouse, I believe it was called.

FJL

« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2006, 09:06:32 AM »

Thanks, Penny, for the early travel vibes.  Same to you, of course!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2006, 09:07:47 AM »

SPOILER

Continued spoiler speculations - - - - -

brainwashed --- or, it was a condition of the Others in order for him to get Walt back. He's doing it because he HAS to save his son.

You may be correct...but I'd like to think the Michael "we knew" would never murder anyone for any reason.  There's no reason to suspect/suppose Walt is in any danger...only that "the Others" wanted him and now have him.  Michael wanting to get him back is the main issue we've been presented...so, if Michael is willing to murder anyone and everyone, I think something is wrong.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2006, 09:09:05 AM »

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2006, 09:10:13 AM »

DR Dan, I think those TAR pictures posted above are from after the race. There are a lot of very suggestive pics being circulated from some party after the race.

FJL

« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2006, 09:11:13 AM »

Shocking - but completely true!  (a MAME reference)

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2006, 09:11:18 AM »

Re: lost

spoilers

My first thought re: michael was that a) he was brainwashed or b) that was one of the others in disguise.  But my sis thought that he did it because the others forced him to (to get walt back). I think the latter is a very strong possibility.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2006, 09:11:51 AM »

Hooray

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2006, 09:12:04 AM »

IT's Thursday!

FJL

« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2006, 09:12:38 AM »

Just googled the art house theater in my post above, it was the 68th Street Playhouse.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2006, 09:13:36 AM »

Today is our annual Employee Appreciation Day.

At 11 a.m., we all pile into our cars and drive 10 miles to a VA hall in San Leandro where we will be feted and fed...service awards will be handed out, folks will get door prizes, and then we will all be released to return to work as close to 1 p.m. as possible.

Hah......chah.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2006, 09:15:54 AM »

SPOILER

quote author=Jennifer link=board=4;threadid=1008;start=msg203741#msg203741 date=1146759078]
Re: lost

My first thought re: michael was that a) he was brainwashed or b) that was one of the others in disguise.  But my sis thought that he did it because the others forced him to (to get walt back). I think the latter is a very strong possibility.

Well, that must be the answer then.

If he wants to see his son again, he'll have to kill everyone he encounters.

Cold-blooded murder.  Despite any moral center he might possess.

Why. everyone would do that!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 09:18:21 AM by Ron Pulliam »

FJL

« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2006, 09:16:51 AM »

Got the brochure for New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) in Newark, only 15 minutes from Manhattan.  Interesting that they're bringing in the tours of THE PRODUCERS and HAIRSPRAY to NJPAC while they're playing on Broadway at the same time.  An unusal strategy, to have the same show playing in two theaters so close to each other.

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2006, 09:17:30 AM »

Re: TAR.

I watched it over at my sister's house and she was completely disgusted with the frats for cancelling the taxis.  I personally wasn't happy about it, but didn't think it was the most horrible thing to do.

I have had it with mojo. She was so mean to the hippies. And she was going to yield them (i'm sure). ANd then she had the nerve to cry about it when they yielded her. What a baby. Really dislike her now.

I loved it when the hippies past mojo at the end. But what was the bj/tyler guy thinking. How stupid.  1)he knows he has to outrun mojo so he doesn't wear shoes. 2) he knows it is probably non-elim and yet shows up at the finish with shorts and no shoes instead of piling on all his clothes (assuming he had any from losing it all last time).

I was disappointed mojo outran them, but happy it was non-elim. Although i would have loved to see mojo lose their money.

Oh and re: the frats. I think that losing their taxi sort of evened things out.

I am still not crazy about ray and yolanda. Just because they have not been mean to anyone, I cannot see why so many of you seem to like them. They have been bickering at each other for weeks (one week it was so horrible). AND they are not even very good at the game. They've come in last almost every week.

Re: the hippies. Yes they were mad at mojo. But i don't think they were as bad as you guys think. Sure they yielded them (but at this point you almost have to). And they did get out of mojo's taxi (i wouldn't have). I really don't get why mojo thinks they are so bad. They seem so funloving.

Btw, I'm glad this was a non-elim, since 3 teams arrived at the mat together. That would not have been right.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2006, 09:18:41 AM »

Moving along now!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2006, 09:18:52 AM »

The one thing I disliked about last night's LOST--the bar scene with Ana Lucia and Jack's dad.  I've never seen people drink hard liquor like that except in badly acted college plays.  I know the scene wasn't just about their getting drunk, but the constant business of SIP, EXHALE, SLAM GLASS ON BAR, PICK UP GLASS, REPEAT just got on my nerves.

And I get annoyed when my nerves are got on.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up