Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: FOR ALL YOU MOTHERS OUT THERE  (Read 17098 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:FOR ALL YOU MOTHERS OUT THERE
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2006, 12:36:35 PM »

Whew - working on formatting a rehearsal schedule that can be formatted as a PDF. and then saved to a file that will be ONE PAGE for a link to our new and improved website for PCPH that will be launched this week.

FRAZZLED!!!

DR CP is in LA??  What's happening.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2006, 12:38:34 PM »

Page three Allison Hayes/Race Gentry dance.  8)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2006, 12:45:45 PM »

I guess no one took our recommendation to watch MY BROTHER NAKHIL...too bad.

Thanks to a certain Oregon hunk, I have that film sitting on my DVD player at this very moment.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2006, 12:57:36 PM »

Back from a nice walk (saw Ed Begley, who was selling his enviromentally-safe products at the Studio City Farmer's market, ran into dear reader Maria, who called out my name, and was eating a large phallic corn-on-the-cob with great elan, and then I came home and jogged - not only that, I went two blocks further than I normally do.

FJL

« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2006, 01:03:54 PM »

Had a great Mother's Day lunch with my family in Brooklyn at a place called 86 Noodles.  My brother kept calling it 86th Street Noodles, and didn't have the address.  Googling with the wrong name for the restaurant was no help, but somehow we all ended up in the same place at the same time.  

The restaurant added an automatic 15% gratuity because we were a party of six; I think the waiters may sometimes end up losing money when they do that, because the service was quite excellent and I think many people would be inclined to tip more generously than 15%, but maybe they know their clientele.  We gave a little extra, but I would think others might not.

FJL

« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2006, 01:05:28 PM »

Cilla - Thanks again for the encouraging words about trying the Marriott Residence Inn chain.  A real find!

FJL

« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2006, 01:06:33 PM »

TCB - lovely new avatar!

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2006, 01:13:16 PM »

...A lovely Mother's Day so far (even though the person who made me a mother is far far away...) Indeed, as bk described, we met at the Market. He described my phallic corn-on-the-cob -- which was delish -- but neglected to mention the guilty pleasure purchase he showed me in his little brown bag: chocolate licorice!
And I made a purchase from Ed Begley (all the money goes to charity - "a Newman's Own kind of thing" as he described it) -- I bought a flashlight that never needs batteries. You shake it for 30 seconds and it's good to go. The funny thing is that after I left his stall, I took the flashlight out of its wrapping and couldn't make it work (or I couldn't see the light because it was so sunny). So I went back and asked him to test it for me. We finally wound up testing it in the back of his environmentally efficient car, which was parked behind his stall -- and which had a dark corner. It worked.   (Don't go there! Too easy.)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 01:23:01 PM by Maria »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2006, 01:20:04 PM »

The dark clouds rollsed right on by and didn't drop a speck of rain on us. Now, it's all things bright and beautiful (a Sondheim reference).
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2006, 01:23:06 PM »

I finished up THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE earlier this afternoon. In years between visits to this film, I always forget specifically who lives and who dies. I think the writer made a brave choice in his last person to die, not whom the audience at the time would have expected to die at all.

Matt H.

« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2006, 01:26:55 PM »

Then, I put in the director's cut of DAREDEVIL which I bought on sale this week (along with THE DETECTIVE and THE INNOCENTS in a buy two get one free sale at DDDVD). I've always enjoyed the theatrical cut of the film while recognizing that it did seem incomplete and a bit rushed. The director's cut added 30 (to my mind) crucial minutes which fleshed out several characters, added an entire subplot, and made the film more appealing to me.

While still a comic book movie for sure, I still found it more appealing than, say, SPIDER-MAN which I still don't understand the wild appeal of.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2006, 01:32:10 PM »

DR TCB - watch the movie!!

Ah....interesting DRMATTH....I may seek that out, we may be the only two people in the world that liked the movie!

Matt H.

« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2006, 01:39:52 PM »

Ah....interesting DRMATTH....I may seek that out, we may be the only two people in the world that liked the movie!

Well, it grossed over $100 million at the box-office, so somebody else MUST have liked it, especially since if it hadn't been popular, Fox would NEVER have sprung for a SECOND (albeit very different ) DVD of it.

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2006, 01:43:05 PM »

Now, I'm very undecided about what I want to watch when I go back to the TV. I may put in some CSI episodes from various seasons to lead me up to 9 p.m.

And, I haven't decided whether I'll watch DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES "live" and record the first of two L&O:CI episodes, or watch L&O and record HOUSEWIVES. Am definitely recording THE SOPRANOS.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2006, 01:43:40 PM »

Then, I put in the director's cut of DAREDEVIL which I bought on sale this week (along with THE DETECTIVE and THE INNOCENTS in a buy two get one free sale at DDDVD).

Matt, how soon will you be watching THE INNOCENTS?  I will be interested to read what you have to say about it
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2006, 01:57:03 PM »

Couldn't stand either Spiderman or Daredevil - for me, both were complete bores.

Matt H.

« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2006, 02:08:54 PM »

Matt, how soon will you be watching THE INNOCENTS?  I will be interested to read what you have to say about it

I watched it off the Fox Movie Channel some months back, right when the DVD was first released, and I was stunned by its impact. I had only seen it on TV before in a dreadful pand & scan transfer, so the widescreen compositions and the gorgeous black and white photography floored me. FOund the whole thing haunting (no pun intended) and completely mesmerizing. I'm looking forward to enjoying the anamorphic transfer of the DVD soon.

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2006, 02:14:30 PM »

Have my bathroom to clean now, so am headed off-line for now.

WBBL.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2006, 02:18:26 PM »

TRAPEZE!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2006, 02:18:58 PM »

Most of the people I talked to who didn't like it were big fans of the graphic novels.....but i think we can count MR BK out of that group.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2006, 02:32:21 PM »

I spent 2 and 1/2 hours sitting in non-moving traffic on I-5 yesterday while a tour bus full of high school musicians (no one was hurt) caught fire and burned to a twisted hulk of metal.

that is all.
Ahhh, but did any of the students "accidentally" leave their instruments behind?

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2006, 02:33:53 PM »

DR CP is in LA??  What's happening.....

DR JRand55, your guess is as good as moine, but I wanted to share this with you.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2006, 02:40:08 PM »

Back from a nice walk (saw Ed Begley, who was selling his enviromentally-safe products at the Studio City Farmer's market, ran into dear reader Maria, who called out my name, and was eating a large phallic corn-on-the-cob with great elan, and then I came home and jogged - not only that, I went two blocks further than I normally do.
Wow!  I mean, Ed Begley has been dead since 1970!  That he's still this committed to the environment, thirty-six years after rejoining it, that's really something!

;)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2006, 02:41:59 PM »

Damn, DRELMORE....I never realized that Tommy Sands had such a flat....uh....backporch!

And Miss Annette certainly wasn't told to tuck!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2006, 02:44:02 PM »

A lot of people were buying flowers from the market's flower shoppe today.  Not all of them were all that happy - in fact, some of them were quite grumpy.  Mother's Day is not loved by all, it would seem.

:-\

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2006, 03:00:10 PM »

Why hasn't Francois made forty-six posts?  Is he a Mother?  And listen, all you other Mothers out there who are errant and truant - get off your Mother butt cheeks and tell us what's the haps.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2006, 03:01:10 PM »

Just had some breast of turkey slices and three pieces of chocolate licorice for a grand total of about three or four hundred calories with 0 fat grams.  I'll eat something reasonable later, too.

Tomovoz

« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2006, 03:04:47 PM »

Patrizio has just been giving concert performances here in Melbourne DR MBarnum.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2006, 03:08:24 PM »

I went to see a production (non-professional) of "Scarlet Pimpernel" yesterday. It seems nothing was learned from "J & H". Overloaded with sound-a-like songs that say nothing and could often have been either show.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2006, 03:19:54 PM »

Good Afternoon!

:)

I'm still here... there... etc., etc., etc...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up