Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: INTENSITY  (Read 20889 times)

FJL

Re:INTENSITY
« Reply #210 on: May 15, 2006, 07:44:07 PM »

JRand - Back when Encores did their presentation of PAJAMA GAME starring Karen Ziemba and the World's Sexiest Man Alive (WSMA) Brent Barrett, there was a talkback after one of the perfromances.  Even back then, long before Harry Connick Jr's involvement, Richard Adler had indicated that there was talk of a revival which (I'm paraphrasing from middle-aged memory) would include material not previously heard in the show.  So it may have been Adler's influence, at least based on what was suggested at that talkback years ago.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #211 on: May 15, 2006, 07:44:43 PM »

Tomorrow I am taking my sister shopping, then I have to spend the evening at the rehearsal for THE SOUND OF MUSIC....I hope I have good news to report...I HOPE!!!

My take on A KISS BEFORE DYING can be found here

http://www.epinions.com/content_56986865284

« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 07:46:02 PM by JRand55 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

FJL

« Reply #212 on: May 15, 2006, 07:46:00 PM »

SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN SAMURAI - that's actually the name of something, isn't it?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #213 on: May 15, 2006, 07:46:39 PM »

JRand - Back when Encores did their presentation of PAJAMA GAME starring Karen Ziemba and the World's Sexiest Man Alive (WSMA) Brent Barrett, there was a talkback after one of the perfromances.  Even back then, long before Harry Connick Jr's involvement, Richard Adler had indicated that there was talk of a revival which (I'm paraphrasing from middle-aged memory) would include material not previously heard in the show.  So it may have been Adler's influence, at least based on what was suggested at that talkback years ago.

That makes me feel better - but it doesn't make me like the songs more....LOL...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #214 on: May 15, 2006, 07:47:23 PM »

SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN SAMURAI - that's actually the name of something, isn't it?

Ask DR MBARNUM.

Dinner with the Pogues!!!  Have fun....take pictures.

We are anxiously awaiting DR GEORGE'S photos of the DR PENNYO theatrical event.  8)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #215 on: May 15, 2006, 08:07:50 PM »

Hi all, I was a little worried after the visit to the doctor. She was more than willing to help me out and agreed I'm burned out, but didn't think she could just write a note and I'd get 6 weeks off.  Well, I called our Administrative Officer and my boss. Their response was "is 6 weeks enough? do you need more time? whatever you need we'll workout" Sheesh! Who woulda thunk it.   So my boss is coming up tomorrow and I'll touch base with my doctor to get the note I need and I'll most likely be on leave from next Monday until July 10. I'll have to use a few days of vacation, but I'm sure Paul will let me help him paint a mural on the water tower for Saturday in the Park again this year, so that will be how I end my leave of absence

I'm glad to hear that you are getting some well needed time off.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #216 on: May 15, 2006, 08:12:23 PM »

Check out the photos from a Thailand zoo (sorry I can’t just post them or do the click here thing) of piglets playing with a tiger. http://www.animalliberationfront.com/News/AnimalPhotos/Animals_1-10/Tiger_piglets.htm

I can't believe how cute they are- thanks for posting.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #217 on: May 15, 2006, 08:14:10 PM »

Hello and Laters!... Am juggling production notes on one script with addressing notes on another that's going in to the Network in a few days. Had a good meeting on that one this morning. Was almost late because I was doing last minute production rewrites. I actually like being crazy busy -- but it will be nice to have a little time to rest.

Good note addressing vibes to Maria...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #218 on: May 15, 2006, 08:14:14 PM »

I cried three different times during the season finale of Grey's Anatomy. That is not a spoiler by the way.  I cry almost every time I watch that show.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #219 on: May 15, 2006, 08:20:27 PM »

The book of A Kiss Before Dying is brilliant - one of the best debut novels ever, and the films made from it could never hope to duplicate the head-twisting surprise of the book.  

A friend of mine recommended that book for my summer reading list and I hope to read some of it this weekend.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #220 on: May 15, 2006, 08:24:37 PM »

Cilla, glad you are relaxing...

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #221 on: May 15, 2006, 08:27:25 PM »

LOL, I assure you it should not be the other way around.  My guess is girls needed a bike without a bar to accommodate a skirt.

I thought of that, too.  But then, wouldn't it make more sense to have a bar on a girl's bike to prevent her skirt from catching in the chain?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #222 on: May 15, 2006, 08:34:48 PM »

I started my evening of viewing with THE BLUE BIRD on videotape. I still marvel at some of the effects that were generated for this film. I'm sure once Fox decides to release this on DVD, it's going to look marvelous.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #223 on: May 15, 2006, 08:34:55 PM »

Alice Cooper day today in FArgo....  

Matt H.

« Reply #224 on: May 15, 2006, 08:40:33 PM »

Then I put in CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY. Since I saw it in HD-DVD this afternoon at Best Buy, I wanted to see how the standard definition DVD compared.

Color saturation was equal to the HD-DVD version, but that sense of three dimensionality on the HD-DVD was missing. The standard version looks great, clean, sharp, perfectly presentable for most folks.

But just like HD on network television spoils one for watching regular TV, I think this could easily do the same. Fortunately, the players right now are expensive and scarce, there are only a dozen movies available in the format (though more are coming every couple of weeks), and there will be a competing, non compatible HD format for DVDs coming out this summer.

So, I'm content to watch and enjoy what I have and wait for prices to drop, more films to be available, and the format war to resolve itself.

Matt H.

« Reply #225 on: May 15, 2006, 08:42:26 PM »

All of my shows were 20 minutes late starting, but as nothing but OLD CHRISTINE overlapped with anything else I wanted to see, no problem at all for the DVR to pick it up.

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER had a very satisfying season ender that will make me look forward to the show's return in September.

Matt H.

« Reply #226 on: May 15, 2006, 08:44:17 PM »

'24' had more suspense and action tonight with only two hours left in his "day" to be shown next Monday.

Of course, the ALIAS series finale also airs next Monday with its first hour overlapping with '24's last hour. Next week also has the season finales of OLD CHRISTINE, MEDIUM, and CSI: MIAMI. WAY too much going on next Monday!

MBarnum

« Reply #227 on: May 15, 2006, 08:44:44 PM »

Hmmm...I think it might be one of DR Elmore's videos...subtitled, of course.

Matt H.

« Reply #228 on: May 15, 2006, 08:45:13 PM »

And CSI: MIAMI had the first part of its season finale tonight as tragedy strikes the unit. Some pretty bogus acting in some parts, but I still enjoyed the episode.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #229 on: May 15, 2006, 08:55:34 PM »

Hmmm...I think it might be one of DR Elmore's videos...subtitled, of course.

Not unless Snow White has a beard.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

« Reply #230 on: May 15, 2006, 09:29:59 PM »

Off to bed now.

Good night!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #231 on: May 15, 2006, 10:03:26 PM »

Back from a lovelier than lovely meal - nice conversation, and the food excellent.  Now I shall finish watching The Poseidon Adventure.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #232 on: May 15, 2006, 10:41:39 PM »

Any one catch Jimmy Kimmel... Someone was attacked by a snake on the show... I did not see who it was for I just have the audio on. The person was taken by ambulance to the hospital.

Jimmy Kimmel was having an animal handler on the set and they were showing the snake and it freaked.

Never mind it was a spoof of Grey's anatomy
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 10:42:48 PM by DakotaCelt »

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #233 on: May 15, 2006, 11:14:25 PM »

Hiya - just got back to the cabin - we had a splendid audience tonight, a full house, including our very own DR George! It was grand to finally meet the lad, and he had brought his camera... we had a kindly bystander take our photo, so I don't doubt that George will post it when he gets back to Olympia - or maybe tomorrow morning. Anyhow - it's late and I gotta hit the rack - long drive tomorrow. Nitey-nite.
PennyO

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #234 on: May 15, 2006, 11:14:53 PM »

Good night, ol' Bruce! See you Sunday.
PennyO

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #235 on: May 16, 2006, 12:01:11 AM »

I'm home!!  I met the lovely and adorable PennyO!  I'd better post my two pictures before it's too late!  Here's the first one...it's Penny in front of the Richard Hugo House, where the reading took place:
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #236 on: May 16, 2006, 12:02:20 AM »

And here are Penny and myself.  This picture was taken inside and is a little dark.  I tried to lighten it up a bit, so it's not as good as it could be, but it's what it is. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up