Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: WE AIN'T DOWN YET  (Read 27707 times)

Cillaliz

Re:WE AIN'T DOWN YET
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2006, 03:50:51 PM »

Thanks, FJL!

Cillaliz

« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2006, 03:52:50 PM »

I feel really bad about Barbaro and I'm not even a horse racing fan.  But he's got a leg broken in 2 places. I just hope they don't shoot him. You'd think they could do something. He'd still be a good stud if nothing else.

Cillaliz

« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2006, 03:55:58 PM »

In honor of Barbaro Page 4 horse dance

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2006, 03:57:34 PM »

Here's the world of the weird department. I went to look at the house next door and the other next door neighbor showed up....turns out it's the mother of an old flame of mine.  Someone I didn't get alone with particularly well.  It was a shocker to find out she lives 2 doors down

Indeed a very small world!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2006, 03:58:53 PM »

DAKOTA CELT - welcome to the 70's....when we all used "meds" to feel that way!

LOL JRand... I heard that the 70s were hopping!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2006, 04:00:51 PM »

I'm getting ready to watch the Preakness Stakes - gotta love it, an hour and a half show for a race that lasts a few minutes..of that long

I get a kick out of it. Two hour analysis for a race that lasts two minutes.. .It is a riot!

Jennifer

« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2006, 04:00:58 PM »

Feel better vibes to DR DakotaCelt! ~~~~~~~~

Wedding vibes to DR PennyO's family. ~~~~~~~~~

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2006, 04:02:05 PM »

Congrats to Cilla on reaching the 3000 post milestone!!!

Poor Barbaro is right...

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2006, 04:03:07 PM »

Gosh that is terrible about the horse! I would have watched if i wasn't so out of it.

Well i did get my wish, head stopped hurting, but neck is killing. Oh well, at least that is something i can tolerate. And i don't have to worry too much.  Although i have a neck brace that i looked everywhere for and cannot find it!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2006, 04:03:31 PM »

I feel really bad about Barbaro and I'm not even a horse racing fan.  But he's got a leg broken in 2 places. I just hope they don't shoot him. You'd think they could do something. He'd still be a good stud if nothing else.

Cilla it will depend on where he broke it. If he broke the cannon bone, they may have to euthanize him. If it is in the ankle or shin they might be able to pin it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2006, 04:04:15 PM »

I think Jennifer and I can commisserate on misery... :-)

Jennifer

« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2006, 04:16:39 PM »

Good vibes for BK.

This is the first time today that i have been able to focus on the screen. And I am just now reading about yesterday's developments. Wow.

Good luck. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2006, 05:07:37 PM »

This site has been screwed up for the last hour apparently.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2006, 05:16:50 PM »

I wrote a long post about today's rehearsal, and knowing that it was going to get screwed up, saved it.  Then, I forgot I'd saved it, and saved the "too many connections" thing to send to our site host.  So, I lost the post.

We managed to stumble through the show - I hadn't seen some of the blocking since I originally did it, and that all seemed fine.  My pianist had to leave two hours after he arrived, so he didn't play act two - he's never played act two as a matter of fact.  Since he still doesn't have tempos down it's worrisome.  And tomorrow isn't going to help much, since he can only be there for ninety minutes at noon, and then isn't back until four.  Which means I get no full run-through of this show with him or even a full cast.  Which sucks big time.  I will have almost everyone in the company tomorrow, but must share two actors who have rarely been at my rehearsals and both of whom have big roles.  I won't have one ensemble member, and one of the female leads informed me today that she now has to work the early afternoon shift - she's known this schedule for weeks, but allowed her employers to make her do this at the last minute - sorry, commitment is commitment and she should have said no.  She's done nothing but do these people favors.  She has a big faux torch song but doesn't have a great singing voice, and I told her I now have to think about cutting the song, because I am NOT letting her do it the way I heard it today.  Her only shot is to have enough time to run it with me over and over, and I can't do that and take time away from my other cast members.  

Needless to say, this will NEVER EVER happen again.  I stopped being an amateur when I was fifteen.  My new actor has picked up the blocking and the singing very fast, but he cannot get through one line of dialogue without stumbling and stammering.  Hopefully, he'll look at his script tonight.  I had to be very loud and very terse today, and I'm sure that everyone in the cast thinks I'm an asshole and I don't give a crap, frankly.  I only give a crap about everyone not embarrassing themselves, and me.  And if that marks me a bad guy, then so be it.  

So, tomorrow all we can do is run what we can run, and then I'm just telling everyone to have a good time.  What else can be done?

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2006, 05:22:57 PM »

Bingo! Finally got on the site.

****VIBES TO ALL IN NEED OF VIBES!****

I feel a little guilty with all the health issues and other unpleasant events recounted on HHW in the past day or two -- but I've been having a very nice relaxing day.
This is the first weekend in ages that I haven't had any writing to do. It's lovely to just have time. I did a few errands in the old neighborhood, then dropped in on my old neighbors for a nice visit. They just adopted the sweetest cat (and I'm not a cat person)... She's around a year old and has a sad story. She and her sister were owned by a family who lost their home and had to move to live in a motel. The rescue agency said they would take the two cats and find them good homes if they were spayed and got all their shots. The two teenage girls in the family saved up to do that - and the cats were taken by the agency. And now one of them is with my old neighbors - a very nice couple and their little girl (who calls the kitty "my sister"). When the cat ("Sneakers") first arrived, she was understandably scared and went to hide in the closet. The little girl (I think she's three) went and sat with her in the closet for an hour, just chatting with her until she came out. Sweet!
Sneakers has only been with them a week, but when i dropped by seemed totally relaxed and at home. I love happy endings.

Saw The Da Vinci Code last night. I just wanted something that would engage and entertain me for a few hours. Here's my verdict. I'll write it in code: "DAB"...  And "OOT GNOL"  ..."YAW OOT GNOL"

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2006, 05:34:31 PM »

It's up to Francois to save the day.

I'm starving - don't know what to eat, though.

I think I won't jog today - I've just done five days in a row.

FJL

« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2006, 05:57:57 PM »

My biggest decision today was whether to buy a ticket to see MAME in D.C. when some friends happen to be going.  I called the Kennedy Center and the woman on the phone was so unfriendly that I wanted to get off the phone with her ASAP,, so I just went on the internet and got the same seat.  I'm sure that showed her.  :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2006, 05:59:21 PM »

Jrand:  Yesterday at 10:07:38am »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When did all the soap operas get girls who act and dress like Paris Hilton?

When they went to ABC!  ala Desperate Housewives!!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 06:00:32 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2006, 06:01:12 PM »

Catching up on some past posts...

Micheal you are looking good!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2006, 06:05:49 PM »

Quote from: JRand55 on Yesterday at 10:07:38am
When did all the soap operas get girls who act and dress like Paris Hilton?

From Elmore: About the same time they started casting the young men for their pecs.  Don't tell me there is no casting couch for PASSIONS!

Elmore, that about sums it up for Passions!! Underwear Models!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 06:06:46 PM by DakotaCelt »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2006, 06:23:29 PM »

I guess Francois is not going to save the day.

FJL

« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2006, 06:41:58 PM »

The following excerpt from Ben Brantley's Sunday Times article THE DAY THE MUSICALS DIED struck me as interesting, not merely because one wonders why we're hearing what Brantley's nephew had to say, but also because one wonders what horrible thing intermission must have done to be growled at by Brantley's nephew  :)  :

"With a book by Linda Woolverton and songs by Elton John and Bernie Taupin, "Lestat" turns Ms. Rice's unhappy undead into a group suggesting a bunch of whiny "American Idol" contestants in Regency romance costumes. (My nephew, a fan of the books, growled at intermission: "This is so wrong. These people are supposed to be beautiful.")"

Tomovoz

« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2006, 06:42:06 PM »

If any New Yorkers see me on the evening of Sept 21st they will see my after aprox. 40 hours with no sleep!  i do not sleep on planes.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 07:29:00 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2006, 06:44:34 PM »

I guess Francois is not going to save the day.

I can try to save the night!

It's 3:40 am here! :D

François de Paris

« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2006, 06:45:35 PM »

If any New Yorkers see my on the evening of Sept 21st they will see my after aprox. 40 hours with no sleep!  i do not sleep on planes.

Goodness gracious I did not get to see that!! ;D

FJL

« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2006, 06:48:16 PM »

In honor of the visit on Sept. 21st, a selection from HOT FEET, now playing at the Hilton Theater:

Do you remember the 21st night of september?
Love was changing the minds of pretenders
While chasing the clouds away
Our hearts were ringing
In the key that our souls were singing.
As we danced in the night,
Remember how the stars stole the night away

Ba de ya - say do you remember
Ba de ya - dancing in september
Ba de ya - never was a cloudy day

My thoughts are with you
Holding hands with your heart to see you
Only blue talk and love,
Remember how we knew love was here to stay
Now december found the love that we shared in september.
Only blue talk and love,
Remember the true love we share today

Ba de ya - never was a cloudy day
Ba de ya - golden dreams were shiny days

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2006, 06:48:53 PM »

I try...

François de Paris

« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2006, 06:50:19 PM »

Maybe they should cast Donny Osmond in Lestat and Brent Barrett in TARZAN!!

FJL

« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2006, 06:50:20 PM »

I don't wanna say show biz is tough, but HOT FEET is doing so poorly that Earth and Wind just laid off Fire.  (ba-dum-pum)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2006, 06:50:58 PM »

For some odd reason I have had the Can-Can stuck in my head all day after falling asleep last night after watching Moulin Rouge
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up