Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: REDISCOVERING FRUIT  (Read 20236 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:REDISCOVERING FRUIT
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2006, 09:22:25 AM »

CP I would be more surprised if you hadn’t saved that wonderful shirt-great photo!

Jane

« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2006, 09:48:47 AM »

Danise, cute video.  Will there be more?

Danise

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2006, 09:57:43 AM »

Well, let me go try to resize some photos.  Sigh.

BTW--I've looked at my space and didn't like what I saw so I never bothered to sign up.  

As for BWW, I confess I go back and look at it from time to time.  I'd even considered starting to post again but when I see what the board has turned into, I can't imagine it.

For example:  I was both shocked and horrified not to long ago when I saw a new poster innocently asking some questions about a show/NYC and everyone there jumped on that person stating they should have done a search before asking any questions because “it had already been discussed”.  I was so upset about it, I almost sent a PM to Rob and Craig because I couldn’t believe they would allowed that.  

I mean, when you first surf onto a site may not even realize it HAD a search function or the search function may not work correctly.  I know I’ve tried to use BBW’s and couldn’t make one thing I was looking for come up.  

Anyway, you could tell the person was crushed by the response they received and I don’t think I ever saw them attempt to post again.  

I just think it is a shame that what should be used as an ambassador of the theater world may have turned someone against it because they asked a question that had been asked before.  

« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 10:00:46 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2006, 09:59:20 AM »

Danise, cute video.  Will there be more?

In time.  Videos take up a lot of space and I can't run over what I'm allowed on Photo Bucket.  That's why I'll leave one up for a few days to give everyone a chance to see it then I'll delete it to make room for another.  
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 10:01:29 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2006, 10:02:25 AM »

I have to say, I've been struggling with what I read in yesterday's posts about today's "generation of young people" and as polite a conversation it was, it hurt me.  Because it

TPunk, well put.  I’m so glad now I didn’t say my boys are also exception to the rule.  ;D Okay, so I’m prejudiced and, as with you & the rest of the younger DR’s, I consider them the “cream of the crop”, but they aren’t the exception.  The crop is very large, why else would the Peace Corps have more applications than it can accept.  Unfortunately the entire crop is very large, thanks to over population, and there is much to groan over.  Not that there aren’t plenty of idiots in my generation.

I remember the “teeny boppers” of my generation & my embarrassment my slightly younger cousin was one of them.  Guess what, she grew up rather nicely & I loved her dearly.  

Jane

« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2006, 10:03:33 AM »

Danise, how about the still photos?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2006, 10:04:19 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

So... Before I head off to the theatre for today's matinee/closing performance...

Once again, a big Thank You to everyone here on HHW for your Vibes and Support.

Yes, I am a bit sad today, but not that we're closing "early", but just that we're closing.  Putting a show to rest is always a bittersweet affair.

As for myself... Well, as the saying goes, when one door closes another one opens... And in my case, about five other doors have opened.  :)  I'm gonna be spending a good amount of time over the coming week sorting through various "options".  *In fact, a couple of those "doors" opened Wednesday morning in the form of e-mails from a couple of people... Gotta love the internet!

And, once again, I know I have a lot of catching up to do...  And I do truly deserve to be bitch-slapped from here on 145th down to Battery Park... And back again...  I should have some time this week to read and post... ;-)

...It's been an amazing ride.  And I have to say the one saving grace about the whole experience was that I was just "the piano player" for this gig.  I was a hired hand.  No creative investment on my part.  No stakes to lose.  Nothing to lose (except some nice weekly paychecks).  Everything to gain.  And I have gained a lot over the past of months.  I didn't choose this show, the show chose me.  Onward and upward...

See you at The Palace DR vixmom and the vixter and FJL!

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2006, 10:04:51 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Finally, I slept past nine.

TPunk, the debate yesterday (which I wouldn't call a debate, just people saying how they feel) has been going on since time began vis a vis older generation/younger generation.  And my only point has that with the current younger generation their being raised in the way they've been raised and bombarded with the sorts of things (media-wise) they've been bombarded with, it's no wonder.  That there ARE exceptions is amazing.  I can imagine how hard it must be.  I do blame parents, I do blame the media, but that doesn't negate what I see wherever I look.  It doesn't mean these kids aren't good people or won't get over this ridiculousness - and I'm not the one who made up the expression "Thirty is the new twenty."  I'm just saying that today's folks in their 20s haven't seemed to ever have left high school.  I see it every day, I'm around it every day.  It's  not the end of the world surely, and no one here meant to hurt anyone - but what's happening is what's happening.  And I'm not even talking about the kids who are adrift and at sea - I'm talking about the affluent (thanks to mom and dad or luck), entitled, can't be alone no matter what (I've had this said to me by two young people recently - they don't know how to be alone), got to party no matter what, and I'll stop there but it gets much worse.  

I think we've all said what we have to say and no one is right or wrong, we all just feel what we feel.  And it ain't about thongs, TPunk.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2006, 10:07:22 AM »

I'll drop Mr. Bakalor an e-mail and ask for a picture purge so we can see these marvelous costumes.

Danise

« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2006, 10:09:39 AM »

Danise, how about the still photos?

Sorry, Jane, I had about 15 of them uploaded but you saw that the one I tried to post put us into widescreen.  

I just forgot that they have be resized first and that and the upload takes some time.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2006, 10:10:31 AM »

Hey Jose!  Well, it bites that the show had to close but I'm glad that some new windows opened up for you in the mean time.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2006, 10:12:09 AM »

BK,  Just a FYI that I post links from Photo Bucket so I don't fill the photo bin here.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2006, 10:14:22 AM »

Hate to say it but I've gotta run.  I have some chores to do.  I shall have to sit down tonight and resize some photos to post.  

Laters all!

Have the best last show you can, DR Jose!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

FJL

« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2006, 10:17:12 AM »

Jose - is there any place we can see you to say hi?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2006, 10:22:20 AM »

And just one little addendum to my post above: As most here know, I tend to hang out with young people - I like hanging out with them, and much prefer it to hanging out with old cockers my age.  Some of my nearest and dearest are young people, and I discuss this stuff with them from time to time.  The ones I know are fairly self-aware and are actually trying to stop acting like they're acting - they see it in others and laugh about it, so that's a good sign.

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2006, 10:34:25 AM »

Yikes!  My CF (college friend) called 'way earlier than I expected, so I've been to brunch and got back in time to see all the Indy 500 festivities and the start.

Yes, DR JRand, I remember the glory days in Indianapolis.   I have deep roots there and my grandmother lived there most of her life.  My family was there for qualifications and the race several times in the 1960's.  "Back Home Again in Indiana" still brings tears to my eyes and I've never lived a day of my life there!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2006, 10:36:03 AM »

DR Jose - nice to see you so upbeat today.  I had a very strong premonition about a possible door opening to you and will be very interested to see where your amazing journey takes you next.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2006, 10:45:38 AM »

BK, do stick to the fresh fruit and you might grab some bags of the fresh vegis...those mixes of brocolli, pea pods, baby carrots, etc are great to snack on...mix in some grapes and you can have a nice, healthy, and filling snack while surfing the net, watching DVDs, or posting on this here sight.

MBarnum

« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2006, 10:53:25 AM »

TPunk, I am in total agreement with what you have said. There are good and bad in every generation and IMHOP I can't image it is that much worse now then at any other time...just different things.

I really find it is so much nicer to focus on the good... and as for cell phones (of which I am an owner!), I certainly see just as many people in their 40s and 50s chatting on them in public as I see 20s and 30s.

MBarnum

« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2006, 10:54:24 AM »

And of course that is just one man's opinion.

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2006, 11:00:25 AM »

In other news I got up at the crack of dawn to interview former child star Stuffy Singer....he starred in the 1950s sitcoms THE BEULAH SHOW and BLONDIE. He was also among the cast of the very, very early live tv kids shows SANDY DREAMS and FANTASTIC STUDIO, INC both of which ran in the late 1940s (he was about 6 years old...doing live television on a weekly basis! Can you imagine!).

Anyhow, we had a great time chatting and he was a lot of fun to talk to and man the people he worked with as a kid...Lionel Barrymore, Butterfly McQueen, Jack Benny, Eddie Cantor, Greer Garson, Bob Hope, Phil Harris, Clifton Webb, Ronald Reagan, Burl Ives, and on and on in TV, radio (he did a LOT of radio shows), and films.

He works as a financial consultant now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2006, 11:39:29 AM »

Back from a jog - went an extra block and a half today - hard, but I felt like it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2006, 11:39:59 AM »

I know several stuffy singers.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2006, 11:40:26 AM »

Now, might I ask where in tarnation IS everyone?  You'd think it was a Sunday on a holiday weekend.

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2006, 11:42:52 AM »

And now I will settle down and finish my second Bollywood movie of the weekend...PHIR MILENGE starring one of my favorite current Indian actresses Shilpa Shetty. I

In this film Shilp is plays a young, successful business woman who contracts the HIV virus from and old flame who seduces her and then leaves. This is a remake of PHILADELPHIA.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2006, 12:53:11 PM »

elmore, honey, break the monotony!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2006, 12:53:26 PM »

No posts in an hour.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2006, 01:12:38 PM »

While I prepared and ate lunch, I decided LAST TEMPTATION might be too "heavy," so I put in THE BAND WAGON. Excellent light entertainment and a simply gorgeous transfer.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2006, 01:20:42 PM »

Afterwards, I did put in THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST and got two hours of it watched. Deeply moving as it was before, and the Criterion DVD taken from a new high definition master is stunning. Looks much better than the print I saw at the theater here.

Just how ridiculous the Oscars can be is the fact that Willem Dafoe wasn't even Oscar-nominated for this great performance (Dustin Hoffman won that year for the showy, one-note performance in RAIN MAN.)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2006, 01:21:59 PM »

I'm here, BK!  Feeling very lazy and in need of a nap.  I had a good morning at the office, and now I'm here watching a bad Lifetime movie, MALPRACTICE, hoping it will bore me into a stupor.

Last night, Dylan and I watched ROPE, which I had never seen before.  I wasn't crazy about Mr Arthur Laurents' very stagey dialog, but I was swept away by the virtuoso camera work.  Dylan's assessment of John Dall:  he's like Ben Affleck with talent.

I have a blind item for ouor DR Jose: what conductor went home with Tarzan last week?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up