Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HORRIFYING CASE OF THE LOST AND/OR STOLEN WALLET BY ERLE STANLEY GARDNER  (Read 20058 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench

I hope I'm not spreading idle gossip, but word about town is that Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman have broken up as a couple, and yet are still working together quite wonderfully and professionally.  I know Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor worked together after their own split-up, as did Bob Fosse and Gwen Verdon after their own split-up, but are there any others in show-biz that have done this?

Hmmm...  Alas, I don't believe that's idle gossip.  Especially since I may know one of the "reasons" for the break up.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench

-Now that was idle gossip.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

Mr. Kevin Spirtas has come and gone and settled up on his Kritzerland sales over the weekend, so at least I have cash until the new ATMs arrive on Friday.

I ate three chicken tenders and some shrimp sushi and some fruit at around one.  I'm hungry now, but don't know if I actually want to eat anything else, although I did have a great run this morning.

FJL

I'd forgotten about Sonny and Cher working together after their break-up.

And I guess Mary Tyler Moore and Grant Tinker must have continued working together after their split-up as well.

FJL

The benefit staged reading of WIT was quite an event artistically, but I was astonished that it didn't come close to selling out, despite the worthiness of the cause.    We bought our tickets, but when events like this have to "paper," I often wonder if they would have been better off offering those seats in the back at a lower price rather thna putting it on the papering services.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!

Glad to hear that Kevin was successful in selling his cds at the event. It is a good CD.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff

Well, I amused myself with Shall We Dance, while waiting for the rain to end. Seems to be only a light drizzle now... I hope I'll have any sun at all tomorrow. I feel the need... the need to weed!

A letto, a letto. Buona notte... Andiam...

(MacBeth reference)
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff

Just before retiring - Bruce, I am so impressed that you have kept running every day. Bravo.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff

Sleep tight, pals. Sweet dreams.
PennyO

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.

Still raining here - rats! The stream is just boiling over the rocks. It unsettles me - that much power roiling around like that. And still the downpour continues. DON'T LIKE IT!!!
Where are you with such bad weather??  Here in Olympia, it's been overcast most of the day, but no rain whatsoever.

George! If you're on later - congratulations on the weight loss and the acquisition of a swell new shirt for such a bargain!
Thanks and thanks!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

I hope I'm not spreading idle gossip, but word about town is that Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman have broken up as a couple, and yet are still working together quite wonderfully and professionally.  I know Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor worked together after their own split-up, as did Bob Fosse and Gwen Verdon after their own split-up, but are there any others in show-biz that have done this?

Didn't Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn work together after they split?  And Julie Andrews and Tony Walton?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 10:42:18 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!

Pleasant dreams to you also PennyO!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

MBarnum

I am just exhausted.

Several of us converged on mom's apartment and helped her unpack...my brother-in-law, who has been quite grumpy lately and he made my mom cry...she is 77 and moving to a new home 400 miles away from the place she has lived since 1949, leaving behind all her friends and a few of her kids and grandkids... and my brother-in-law has to start getting testy with her!!...I have not seen my mom cry since 1987 when my brother died and I was not very happy about this.

So...my nice little "Leave it to Beaver" existence turned into ROSANNE-lite for part of the day.

And then after my sister drove my brother-in-law home (she was very angry at him) I went and got coffee for myself and a chocolate muffin for my mom in hopes of manking her feel better..and gave her time to lay down and take a nap...and then a lady drove her truck into my car and bashed the front end in.  :(

I am just exhausted.

George

~~~Extra Special Vibes for DR MBarnum!!~~~

« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 11:00:40 PM by George »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

I am watching a very enjoyable service comedy from, I believe, 1951.  Every time a new supporting player comes on you just sit there with your mouth open, because almost everyone in this film went on to become famous.  More in the notes.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.

DR MBarnum, I'm so sorry to hear about your terrible no-good day.  :-(
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Tomovoz

Best of Oz soothing thoughts to you DR Michael B.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!

Special vibes for MBarnum for his stinky day...

I also send a hug...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!

RAther stressed about something coming up and I am not quite sure how to deal with it. I have this gut feeling I may be in more danger than I bargained for.  But I refuse to let the perptrator win. I refuse to.  I just need to work on a game face for the 13th.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!

I do know I am as terrified as heck. I have not clue how it will go down.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!

Sorry to unload and I do apologize...

George

~~~Vibes for DakotaCelt!!~~~

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!

At least my experience will miss the media circus that will happen in Fargo in about month when Alfonso Rodriquez goes to trial for alledgedly killing Dru Sjodin.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!

I have not been able to rest too much since my mind is replaying the events.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!

The laughs and wit here is nice. A nice escape

George

That's what we're here for! ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!

I wish you guys could come with next tuesday. I could use the moral support.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up