Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SAGA CONTINUES  (Read 29625 times)

FJL

Re:THE SAGA CONTINUES
« Reply #210 on: June 05, 2006, 08:59:01 PM »

And one for Mayo Methot!

FJL

« Reply #211 on: June 05, 2006, 09:05:39 PM »

It is now officially 6/6/06 on the East coast.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #212 on: June 05, 2006, 09:07:02 PM »

So, I am going to head downstairs to bed.

Good night, all!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: June 05, 2006, 09:35:15 PM »

DR Laura, I love your kitty photo, what a sweetie

Cillaliz

« Reply #214 on: June 05, 2006, 09:38:11 PM »

BK- don't know if this makes you feel any better, but usually if someone steals a credit card with the intent to use it, they use it right away before it is noticed missing and a block is placed on it.  I realize the identity theft is a little different, but from my experience defending the sorts who do that kind of thing, I think you've done everything you can to protect yourself.  Of course you have to consider that I'm speaking from the perspective of defending the ones who get caught...

Maybe someone took the wallet didn't find cash and threw it away somewhere else.  

I do hope you can find a duplicate of your daughter's photo.  
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 09:42:41 PM by Cillaliz »

MBarnum

« Reply #215 on: June 05, 2006, 09:38:22 PM »

I have been watching some episodes of the early 1950s TV series THE BEAULAH SHOW...it is a lot of fun! And for as show that only lasted 2 season's it sure had a LOT of cast changes.

Evidently the first season was filmed in New York and starred Ethel Waters as Beaulah. The following season the show relocated to Los Angeles and the entire cast changed. Either Ethel Waters became ill and couldn't continue in the role or she did not want to relocate to the west coast, I don't know, but Lousie Beavers, Hattie McDaniel, and Amanda Randolph all played Beaulah the following season...either Louise or Hattie died during the show's run and I don't know the reason for the other actress leaving...but no having seen Ethel, Hattie, and Louise all play the character on TV I must say that I prefer Ethel...in fact, I enjoyed the New York actors better...or maybe it was the New York director that was just better.

However, Stuffy Singer who played son Donnie during season two is quite good.

Oh, and Butterfly McQueen plays Beulah's friend Oriele in the first season and she is hilarioius...in fact she really steals the show!!!! Rudy Dandridge took over the role the second season and is not nearly as amusing.

Really the show is identical to the later series HAZEL...except that in BEULAH the family's maid is black and in HAZEL she is white.

There was some controversy with THE BEULAH SHOW (because Beulah is a maid to a white family), but more protests were aimed towards AMOS AND ANDY which was airing at the same time and was a more popular show.

I couldn't tell you if either show deserved the controversy and protests (I have never seen AMOS AND ANDY) but I can say that THE BEULAH SHOW is cute and funny at times and never seemed to belittle anyone...the family treated Beulah, and her boyfriend William, just like they were a part of the family (and both black performers had their names above everyone else in the show).

So there you are...you mileage may vary.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: June 05, 2006, 11:01:30 PM »

Back from a very long evening.  Must now do some stuff around these here parts.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #217 on: June 05, 2006, 11:07:55 PM »

Long evening....indeed.

And COMCAST is being very contrary today.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #218 on: June 06, 2006, 12:24:05 AM »

Nice kitty Laura!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #219 on: June 06, 2006, 12:26:28 AM »

George, didyou understand my note?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #220 on: June 06, 2006, 12:27:50 AM »

So George Bush says that the gays, with their agenda, are ruining the institution of marriage.  That's funny, I thought it was the 50% divorce rate that was ruining the institution of marriage.

Tonight in his monologue, Jay Leno said that Bush has said that 51% of Americans don't like gay marriage, but went on to say that 70% of Americans don't like Bush!

Go Jay!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #221 on: June 06, 2006, 12:29:01 AM »

George, didyou understand my note?

I did (I read it this afternoon), but right now, I don't exactly remember what it said. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #222 on: June 06, 2006, 12:32:34 AM »

Okay, I've re-read it and am writing a response. :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #223 on: June 06, 2006, 12:37:37 AM »

I did (I read it this afternoon), but right now, I don't exactly remember what it said. ::)

Information overload?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #224 on: June 06, 2006, 12:38:24 AM »

Tonight in his monologue, Jay Leno said that Bush has said that 51% of Americans don't like gay marriage, but went on to say that 70% of Americans don't like Bush!

Go Jay!! ;D

Go Jay!!

I agree... Not a bush fan, sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up