Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FATHER'S DAY  (Read 16949 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:FATHER'S DAY
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2006, 05:30:41 PM »

Don't forget "Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast" by Wayne Newton.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2006, 05:31:32 PM »

MBarnum- Is that the MRS WIGGS with WC Fields? Been dying to see that. Will trade you something good for a copy of that. Is it commerically available?

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2006, 05:32:29 PM »

Page Four Dance is called the Quatrino. A dance I just made up.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2006, 05:32:44 PM »

Or the Quad-tusi.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2006, 05:33:47 PM »

DAYS OF HEAVEN is the film you were thinking of, I believe, MichaelS.
A Terrence Malick film.

Tomovoz

« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2006, 05:34:50 PM »

I've tried very hard to forget "Daddy Don't You walk so Fast" by every singer who has attempted it  - and especially WN.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2006, 05:38:59 PM »

Haha! I personally try to forget Wayne Newton in general.

Tomovoz

« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2006, 05:40:54 PM »

Danke Schoen Herr Rodzinski.  You are not alone.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2006, 05:43:21 PM »

I just spoke to my dad for Father's Day, and he sounds so frail.  I'm speaking to my sister-in-law as I type this: my father needs as many vibes as you can afford to send his way.  I'm starting to feel my brothers want me back to help babysit and feeling guilty, he's down to 158 lbs, and he has no strength at all.  She tells me he's stumbling and falling and I'm starting to worry that my July trip to Ohio will be the last to spend time with him.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]THE BEST OF ALL POSSIBLE VIBES[/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]TO ELMORE, HIS FATHER, AND THE REST OF HIS FAMILY[/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2006, 05:45:21 PM »

I think "Dove" has had about as much success as "Whitmans" in breaking into the Oz Choc. market.

Very little chance.

I like Dove Dark Chocolate better than Whitmans

Do you have Hershey in Oz, Tom?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2006, 05:46:56 PM »

Trivia:  44 years ago I went to see a North Dakota lad in concert  here in Melbourne.

Lawrence Welk

Funny, Last night Lady and the Tramp was on the telly here. Peggy Lee did some of the voices. She is originally from Jamestown, ND
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2006, 05:49:15 PM »

I woke up this morning much relieved to no longer feel like the top of my head and eyeballs had caved in.  Gadzooks! I haven't had a migraine like that in years and I hope I don't have another one like it for at least a few years more.  Nothing seemed to work last night and I was in agony until I finally was able to fall asleep after about 3 or 4 hours.  Ug.

For TPunk (or possibly Rodzinski):   NBC Nightly News did a story the other night saying that it appears that more frequent sexual activity can cut down on migraines.

Hmm, surprised that I don't have migraines!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2006, 05:50:53 PM »

TPunk - sorry about the headache - I suffered from frequent migraines for years. But as I got older the frequency, if not the intensity, dwindled. If I am aware of the aura, BEFORE it slams into my skull, I can sometimes short-circuit a headache with Excedrin Migraine. 2 tabs, and lie down in the dark, BEFORE the headache comes.

Elmore, my heart goes out to you and your family. I know, son. I know.

I used to get migraines much more frequently but after four years of therapy, they decreased quite a bit- who would have thunk it.  Foolishly, I did feel it coming on hours before but since we were out and about, I did nothing to stop it.  Hindsight is always 20/20.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2006, 05:57:13 PM »

For TPunk (or possibly Rodzinski):   NBC Nightly News did a story the other night saying that it appears that more frequent sexual activity can cut down on migraines.

Interesting... ;D

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2006, 05:58:31 PM »

The Newark Bears played valiently, but alas they are really not so good.  At one point they were behind 7-0, they managed to close the gap a bit with a score of 11-8, but then lost the game with a final score of 13-8.

Tomovoz

« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2006, 06:03:26 PM »

Do you have Hershey in Oz, Tom?
Fortunately we do not have Hershey.  We have chocolate. Quite different things IMHO.

Lawrence Welk.  LOL.  Not likely.
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2006, 06:06:08 PM »

Interesting... ;D

The only time I have ever had a migraine was an allergic reaction to Aspartame... I got so sick from diet pop that I blacked out and ended up in the emergency room.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2006, 06:06:55 PM »

Bobby Vee is originally from St. Cloud, MN...

Dick Clark's wife is from Fargo...

No idea on the singer...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2006, 06:07:34 PM »

The Newark Bears played valiently, but alas they are really not so good.  At one point they were behind 7-0, they managed to close the gap a bit with a score of 11-8, but then lost the game with a final score of 13-8.

Are they a baseball team?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2006, 06:15:50 PM »

This picture was taken in 2004. Consider yourself warned, it is scary...

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2006, 06:16:13 PM »

Yes, a minor league one.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2006, 06:16:46 PM »

This picture was taken in 2004. Consider yourself warned, it is scary...

Not scary at all, a very nice photo!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2006, 06:19:15 PM »

I have lost about 15 lbs since that picture..

Ginny

« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2006, 06:22:50 PM »

DR DakotaCelt - nice to see your smiling face!

My family now has the munchies.  This always happens after holiday meals, which we tend to eat mid-afternoon.  By the time evening rolls around, everybody gets hungry again and starts dipping into the leftovers.  Think I'll have some vanilla frozen yogurt.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2006, 06:27:41 PM »

And I thought it was allergies!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2006, 06:49:34 PM »

Since I must be chipper enough in the morning to teach a 3-hour "Grantseeking Basics" workshop, I'm off to bed.

'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2006, 06:57:36 PM »

Rather late in the day, but I do want to wish all you HHW Dad's out there a great rest of the day.

Elmore, a special prayer was said for you and yours this morning.

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2006, 07:00:15 PM »

The Vixter woke her dad this morning with a bag filled with dvds, some he had been wishing of, some she thought he should have been wishing for! Also a hand made card filled with coupons of her devising for useful things such as a "No Nag Day', "Brekky in Bed" and "Free Kisses"

vixmom

« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2006, 07:04:54 PM »

I cooked him a nice breakfast veggie and cheese omlet, sausage and whole wheat bagel and then the Vixter and I went off to church.

When we got home he decided he wanted to spend his day watching a movie... the XMAN 3 so off we went to the theatre.

I am not a fan on the franchise and have had only fleeting glimpses of the first two when Vixdad and the Vixter were watching them on the TV

I quote enjoyed this although I did have trouble with one scene that seemed to abruptly change from day to night.  The special effects were fun.

If you do go to see it, stay until the end of the credits.

vixmom

« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2006, 07:08:31 PM »

Then we headed out to the Virgin Records in Westbury only it isn;t there any longer. so instead  we had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen.  None of us had eer been there before and we are now fans.  Fortunately for us it's not close enough fo us tomake a habit of visitingit as I could see any hopes of weight loss fly out the window once we looked at the menu.

The Thai Chicken Pizza I had was amazing. Vixter and Vixdad had  more traditional choices but they both loved them.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up