Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: EMPTYING THE TRASH  (Read 20231 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:EMPTYING THE TRASH
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2006, 08:49:41 AM »

I got one batch of photos, Shayne, but not the first one above, which I like (the sitting on the couch like so much fish photo).  The really nauseating thing about seeing said photo is the realization that if I wanted to be THAT thin again, I'd have to lose ANOTHER thirty pounds (not that I've lost thirty yet - still hovering between twenty and twenty-two).  My "filming" weight was the same for fourteen years in a row and never varied but by a pound or two - 137 pounds, size thirty waist.  If I did that now I hate to think what I'd like.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2006, 08:53:52 AM »

You ain't never gonna have to sixteen inch wais' agin.  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2006, 08:54:25 AM »

MR BK Adam is flying into LA today so you will probably hear from him in the next couple of days.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2006, 09:11:30 AM »

One of my favorite forums is currently undergoing a bitchfest in which a number of folks are carping about the list not meeting their needs...how they want to "unsubscribe" when all one needs do is go away and stop posting...how people aren't talking about things that interest them....etc., etc., whine, whine, whine.

If they would simply address the topics they would like to see discussed -- and then "discuss them" -- I think all the problems would go away.

But no...it's EVERYONE ELSE'S fault.

Funny story:  When I was on USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) in the mid-1980s, I was the chief in charge of shipboard TV and radio.  We had 5 TV channels and one of my tasks was to program them all.  One channel was exclusively for training and one channel  was exclusively for Armed Forces TV programs sent to us on a weekly basis (sufficient for programming one channel).

The other three channels were movie channels.  We had a movie library courtesy of the Armed Forces TV network...and we had a ship's library...we would spend a lot our inport time renting movies and dubbing them and then playing them on our three channels.

One night, at sea, we had all five channels going.  I had scheduled "Laura", and it was midway through the film.  An aviator called and began berating me for showing a black-and-white movie...plus it was a movie that had no action in it.  As I was diplomatically addressing his points -- telling him there were other channels to watch and that if he couldn't change the channel he might find another room where crewmembers were watching something he would like --  my boss was taking another call.  

As I finished my call from the aviator, my boss listened intently to what was being said on his line.  He then declared, "Because it's a fucking classic!"  and calmly replaced the receiver onto the phone.

And that reminds me of internet forums....people either take the time to discuss differences of opinion...or people "flame".

I am sorry Ron. This post did not meet my needs at this time.    I must now unsubscribe as you failed to read my mind.

;D

« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 09:19:05 AM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2006, 09:18:11 AM »

DR VIXMOM - glad your story last night had a happy ending.  I can understand your panic.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2006, 09:19:09 AM »

If we don't get more Allison Hayes photos, I will have to leave this group because it is not meeting my needs.

No one mentions Allison.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2006, 09:20:22 AM »

Let's have a discussion.  You can pick the topic, but if I am not interested in it, I will have to complain.  

Yes, DR RLP....I post a very few groups....and sooner or later....it happens just as you wrote....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2006, 09:21:50 AM »

I like what MR BK wrote a few weeks ago, and that is while everyone thinks IM's and cell phones and blackberries are keeping us in constant communication - the truth is, they are keeping us apart, because now a face to face meeting is NOT the normal thing.  People prefer to communicate with an electronic device between them...

SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2006, 09:23:16 AM »

In an effort to distract from needs not being met, I offer the following photos of the latest line in Halloween costumes:
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2006, 09:24:03 AM »

There's probably a bit of costume construction trouble here, but the effect is still good:

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2006, 09:25:24 AM »

Cute!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2006, 09:26:24 AM »

He's totally embarrassed!

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2006, 09:26:31 AM »

Thursday greetings! (I think I missed Wednesday all together, didn't I?)

Many travellers today - vibes to DRs Elmore, Jose and any others who are on the road or in the skies.  

Several of my co-workers are departing in the next couple of days for New Orleans for the annual conference of the American Library Association.  It's the first big convention to visit New Orleans since Katrina swept through there.  There was much discussion, teeth-gnashing, and hand-wringing about whether or not ALA would move the conference.  Apparently, the city is really rolling out the red carpet for the librarians.  There are also many librarian volunteer initiatives that are going early or staying late to help put damaged libraries back together.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2006, 09:27:04 AM »

And this one terrifies me:

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2006, 09:51:46 AM »

It's not supposed to do that at all!  BK, it's a good thing that you're more interested in "The Partridge Family" stuff, but hopefully someone else can do "Tabatha" as well as "The Partridge Family."  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. :-\

Can you import it into moviemaker George?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2006, 09:53:22 AM »

Been on the phone with Apple for the last thirty minutes.  We've got us some trouble, unfortunately.  Something on the hard drive cannot be repaired using the boot up disc - it gets a quarter of the way through its scan then finds something it can't repair.  They suggest doing a complete erase and install from the discs I have - however, I'd have to then reinstall AOL and Final Draft and Office Works and that's all a pain in the butt cheeks.  But, I do have the entire hard drive backed up to a mini-hard drive, and that's current as of 6/7 (this week's attempt to do the weekly hard drive backup, failed), and all my important files and Word docs update nightly, so I'm current as of last night at ten (the only thing that's not current is today's notes, and that doesn't matter - but that's the only work I did after ten).   The Apple lady suggested we might want to try Disc Warrior to see if that will repair the problem - if not, then I've got to have my Mac guy come over and reformat the hard drive, erase everything, and then reinstall from my mini-hard drive backup - she said if he does that correctly, I might not have to reinstall any programs - they should all be there just fine.  I've e-mailed my Mac guy.  This I do not need, let me tell you that.  Very, very annoying.

vixmom

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2006, 09:56:20 AM »

If we don't get more Allison Hayes photos, I will have to leave this group because it is not meeting my needs.

No one mentions Allison.

Allison who?

;D ;D ;D

vixmom

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2006, 09:56:54 AM »

Ron ... loved the pup pics... all is forgiven!

vixmom

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2006, 09:58:02 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~Computer Vibes for BK!!~~~~[/move][/color]

Ginny

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2006, 09:59:52 AM »

TOD - when I started, about 6 years ago, helping my predecessor do nonprofit outreach, one of my first tasks was to create an email mailing list.  By late 2004, I'd been the grants librarian for about a year and a half and had build the mailing list up to about 700 entries.  Our library system converted to a new email system and, you got it, my mailing list didn't survive the conversion.  As DR Jose said the other day, "ARRRGGGHHHHH!"
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2006, 10:03:40 AM »

More dog pictures please!  I loved the Yoda one.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2006, 10:06:46 AM »

~~~Computer Vibes for BK!!~~~

~~~All Around Vibes for Elmore!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2006, 10:07:09 AM »

Can you import it into moviemaker George?

Probably...if I knew anything about a moviemaker, which I don't. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2006, 10:08:26 AM »

Allison who?

The one who left Peyton Place and wound up adopting twenty-five children.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2006, 10:08:27 AM »

Topic of the Day:  The single worst thing that has ever happened on a computer that I've owned was two years ago in April.  I had just moved into the house that I'm now renting (from my sister) and at my apartment, my computer worked just perfectly.  I unplugged it and put it in my car.  When I got to the new house, I plugged it in and pushed the power button.  Nothing.  I pushed the button again.  Nothing again.  I had no idea what to do.  I called my sister's boyfriend (he built the computer) and couldn't figure it out, either!  Eventually, I had to get a whole new hard drive.  It just died.  No warning, no nothing.  Of course NOTHING was backed up and I lost EVERYTHING on it...pictures, MP3 files, e-mails going back several years and all my programs. :'( I truly was in a period of mourning.  I wasn't able to get to HHW for about three weeks.  

And that was the single worst thing that has ever happened on a computer that I've owned.

George

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2006, 10:09:22 AM »

And now...to work. :P

;)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2006, 10:11:55 AM »

TOD:

I've had a power supply on a PC explode once.  I turned the dang thing on and "POOF!" (it was a real loud POOF!)  Fortunately, it didn't effect the hard drive and I didn't loose any data.  But I had no internet connection at home for almost five days (can you imagine?)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2006, 10:14:27 AM »

Speaking of A-Hole-L, has everyone heard about this yet?
-- Anaïs Nin

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2006, 10:17:55 AM »

MIcheal, in those pictures, BK has not aged a day since then!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2006, 10:23:50 AM »

Speaking of A-Hole-L, has everyone heard about this yet?

It was apparaently a slow news day yesterday in Seattle.  I not only heard about the story, but one of the local channels played the entire five minute conversation at both six o'clock and eleven.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up