Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: EMPTYING THE TRASH  (Read 20386 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:EMPTYING THE TRASH
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2006, 10:24:00 AM »

Probably...if I knew anything about a moviemaker, which I don't. ::)

Do you MSN? If you do I can walk you through it
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jennifer

« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2006, 10:30:42 AM »

DR Jennifer,

My pickes for Big Brother:

Kaysar
Howie
Bunky
James
Cowboy
Danielle

Those are your six favorites? Or who you think America will vote in?

If it's the former, I"m surprised that you liked james and danielle. But especially danielle. She was quite a bitch! :)

I really think America's vote will be top-heavy on BB6 (kaysar, janelle, howie). I don't love howie, but i want to see him in there with kaysar and janelle).

I would be surprised if america did not vote in Marcellas. And I think Will has to be a fan favorite as well.

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2006, 10:51:17 AM »

Just read a Library Journal review of this book and thought some DRs might want to ask their local public library to order it:
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2006, 11:13:38 AM »

Do you MSN? If you do I can walk you through it

Is that like AOL's Instant Message?  I have that, but haven't used it in a while...but it's still on my computer.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2006, 11:31:15 AM »

Is that like AOL's Instant Message?  I have that, but haven't used it in a while...but it's still on my computer.

Yes, I have both MSN and AOL. I do not like Yahoo..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2006, 11:32:16 AM »

I like Yahoo....but Google is best....and Excite is very good too...although it's email storage is very small.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2006, 11:33:10 AM »

Just read a Library Journal review of this book and thought some DRs might want to ask their local public library to order it:

There are couple of really good ones for the soaps also. I have one at home that has a lot of old telly shows in both US and British.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2006, 11:33:21 AM »

*hand goes up*  ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2006, 11:33:57 AM »

I have yahoo / prodigy email. I have not tried google email

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2006, 11:34:35 AM »

LOL DR DtM - well....since Allison made her first movie in 1954 around the time that Grace was working on the novel Peyton Place....it just might be that she purloined the name from you-know-who for her character.

Ginny

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2006, 11:35:09 AM »

A first:  I've been attending the ALA Annual Conference, every several years, since 1973 (no, I'm not going to New Orleans this year).  For the first time in my memory, in the pre-convention coverage in Library Journal, there's significant space devoted to "In Case of Medical Emergency..." information.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2006, 11:45:40 AM »

There has been a definate lack of Allison Hayes photos/mentioning around her, I might add.

I am certain their would be no objection to resuming the Allison Hayes photo of the week (or day, even!)  ;D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 11:47:08 AM by MBarnum »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2006, 12:10:26 PM »

Just on the phone with my pal Penny Peyser - we'll lunch tomorrow.

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2006, 12:17:32 PM »

I'm outta here soon to pick up my cool new Rx sunglasses  8)

Ben

« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2006, 12:23:19 PM »

This was spoken of earlier. Here is a link to the Web site which has pictures of the newest Off-Broadway theatre spaces.

Snapple Theatre Center

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2006, 12:30:26 PM »

There are no snacks here at the hotline and I am hungry!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2006, 12:34:04 PM »

Since the phones are pretty light this afternoon (knock on wood) I am spending some time obsessively planning our trip to California.  I have created a chart so that we can plot out our various activities, and try out different dates and times for our schedule while we are there.  It's not a vacation unless I have planned things within an inch of our lives!! :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2006, 12:55:04 PM »

Tpunk, I am at loose ends also today and I am doing some surfing and minding the desk.

Have fun in California. ARe you going to visit with bk?

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2006, 01:02:13 PM »

Since the phones are pretty light this afternoon (knock on wood) I am spending some time obsessively planning our trip to California.  I have created a chart so that we can plot out our various activities, and try out different dates and times for our schedule while we are there.  It's not a vacation unless I have planned things within an inch of our lives!! :)

Sounds like you and I should vacation together  ;D

Vixdad believes that vacations are for resting and relaxing and lying around doing as little as possible ... he WILL NOT understand that a vaction must be filled  so that not a precious moment is wasted and every possible venue is visited.
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

FJL

« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2006, 01:07:01 PM »

Planning my trip to Washington DC.  The play we were planning to see on Friday night, LOVE-LIES-BLEEDING, got pretty lukewarm reviews, so I'm wondering if it might be better to just see MAME twice, or else do something other than theater on Friday night.

Has anyone heard anything new on whether MAME is coming to NYC?

FJL

« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2006, 01:08:11 PM »

Evening sightseeing in DC may be an idea, but the weather is supposed to be terrible tomorrow night.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2006, 01:08:11 PM »

Tpunk, I am at loose ends also today and I am doing some surfing and minding the desk.

Have fun in California. ARe you going to visit with bk?

Yes, that is definitely one of the things we hope to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2006, 01:12:29 PM »

There has been a definate lack of Allison Hayes photos/mentioning around her, I might add.

I am certain their would be no objection to resuming the Allison Hayes photo of the week (or day, even!)  ;D

Just so it's understood there will be alternating photos of Gene Kelly and Bernadette Peters posted, as well.!

:D  :D  ;D  ;D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2006, 01:13:11 PM »

So, yesterday amazon shipped my errant package again, this time overnight for today delivery.  Guess what?  The package was scanned in in Sylmar, but Sylmar isn't my UPS center, Van Nuys is.  Meanwhile, UPS has already made its delivery to my mail place.  Meanwhile, Van Nuys has not scanned in the package, which means who knows where it is.  Meanwhile, it's obviously not getting here today and if they don't find it and get it to Van Nuys it won't be here tomorrow - I'm on the phone with a supervisor from UPS who is trying to find out what's going on.  I mean, if you can't get an overnight package (at that huge cost) overnight then I don't know what.  Sickening.  If I get no satisfaction from UPS I'm going to make amazon send another overnight package every day until I get one.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2006, 01:15:32 PM »

Enjoyed my outing at the pool today. I was there over two hours, got a nice amount of tan without overdoing it, and the water was very refreshing. It's in the low 90s here, so that just hit the spot.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2006, 01:19:35 PM »

Sounds like you and I should vacation together  ;D

Vixdad believes that vacations are for resting and relaxing and lying around doing as little as possible ... he WILL NOT understand that a vaction must be filled  so that not a precious moment is wasted and every possible venue is visited.

And it's not only a question of having every moment filled, but making sure that you do things in the best order.  Add to the fact that we both have multiple family members in the area and things get even more complicated.  But after 5 years of trips to San Jose together, we have gotten the hang of things.  But the chart helps too!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2006, 01:20:22 PM »

electronic devices [snip] the truth is, they are keeping us apart, because now a face to face meeting is NOT the normal thing.  People prefer to communicate with an electronic device between them...

SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL...you've set up QUITE the imagery here, Jack...at least for me.    Something about "electronic devices" and people communicating with one "between" them.  

Sounds an awful lot like sex is going on somewhere....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2006, 01:21:28 PM »

I spent the rest of this afternoon with Superman - well, the DVDs of Season 3-4 of the series.

My heart literally sank when the openingcredits for the first episode were running. Full of scratches, dirt, and debris (and with a 1957 copyright; these shows were done in 1955-56), I was very disheartened.

The episodes themselves, however, look for the most part SPLENDID! The color is nice and rich; the images are mostly very sharp, and except for some fairly thick spotting on "Test of a Warrior" (looks like someone spilled a glass of iced tea on the print) no damage to speak of on the episodes themselves.

I watched the entire disc 1 this afternoon, and was carried way back (way, way back, a Mr. Peabody reference) to my childhood watching these episodes. So glad to have them, so far at least, looking so good.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2006, 01:22:04 PM »

Enjoyed my outing at the pool today. I was there over two hours, got a nice amount of tan without overdoing it, and the water was very refreshing. It's in the low 90s here, so that just hit the spot.

I'm so jealous- I wish I was relaxing by a pool right now!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2006, 01:23:46 PM »

Apparently the package is in Van Nuys now (although they haven't physically seen it).  I had a supervisor call Van Nuys and she said it was too late to get it out today and I'd get it sometime tomorrow.  I went on a rant about customer service and if the package is sitting in Van Nuys, which is ten minutes from its destination and the screwup was UPS's that it was their responsibility to get it to me no matter what.  They said I could go pick it up, and I said that would not be happening.

I finally got her to let me talk to Van Nuys and I went through my spiel with them, and they've promised me to get their hands on the package and to deliver it to my house between six and seven.  We'll see.  I gave them my phone number because if there's a prob and it doesn't get here, then they've got to get it to the original address - my mail place, as I cannot hang around here all day waiting for the stupid UPS people to come by.  Hopefully, they will live up to their word and get it to me tonight.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up