Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE  (Read 24268 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE
« Reply #210 on: June 24, 2006, 11:32:44 PM »

Funny at my parents listeining to the telly.... Funny how some comedies are still funny even with the passage of time and others just do not have the touch they once did.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #211 on: June 24, 2006, 11:33:01 PM »

Pate 8  dance!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #212 on: June 24, 2006, 11:34:15 PM »

Funny at my parents listeining to the telly.... Funny how some comedies are still funny even with the passage of time and others just do not have the touch they once did.

Some never had the touch...ever! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #213 on: June 24, 2006, 11:35:40 PM »

Some shows like The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie and Highway to Heaven I still enjoy. Comedies like M*A*S*H, Cosby, Three's Company, Cheers, Frasier and others still have that element to entertain and be engaging. Some of the comedies today, IMHO, are stale.

George

« Reply #214 on: June 24, 2006, 11:36:15 PM »

Pate 8  dance!!

You asked for it! ;)

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #215 on: June 24, 2006, 11:38:14 PM »

Some of the comedies today do not know how to write witty dialogue and good jokes but rely on plot gimmicks to be funny. It is like the writing of the programs is rushed and not allowed to take a personality of their own.  IMHO, I feel some the shows from the 1980s and earlier are the best for they allowed for creative writing. You dont see that in today's comedies. Even the BBC does not have the quality comedies they once had.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #216 on: June 24, 2006, 11:39:00 PM »

You asked for it! ;)

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

;D

LOL!!!  I really do need to check my spelling :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #217 on: June 24, 2006, 11:40:25 PM »

George, You are German also? My German ancestors are from the Rhienland mainly but also from Pommerania, Sudetenland and Westphalia. I am also Irish!! :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #218 on: June 24, 2006, 11:43:58 PM »

Maybe it is me and I am being overly critical,  but on the network programs today, the qaulity wirting on programs is spotty at best. Perhaps it is laziness or the fragmentation of the medium but a lot of telly shows, IMHO, are mediocre at best.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 11:45:40 PM by DakotaCelt »

George

« Reply #219 on: June 24, 2006, 11:44:27 PM »

My mom was born and raised in the southern part and all of her family is still there.  Her brother lives in the house that she grew up in.  My dad's mother was of German descent and his dad's family was from Ireland.  I don't remember exactly but either my dad's father or grandfather was born in England when his (whichever) parents were travelling from Ireland to the US.  So I'm 3/4 German and 1/4 Irish, but I have the Irish name...and Patrick is my middle name. :)

George

« Reply #220 on: June 24, 2006, 11:45:36 PM »

Maybe it is me and I am being overly critical,  on the network programs today, the qaulity wirting on programs is spotty at best. Perhaps it is laziness or the fragmentation of the medium but a lot o telly shows, IMHO, are mediocre at best.

They have to sell to the masses...and the masses are not to intelligent. ::)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #221 on: June 24, 2006, 11:49:31 PM »

They have to sell to the masses...and the masses are not to intelligent. ::)

That is true... Look at NBC - that network is a mess. At one time they were on top of the heap and now Fox is beating the tar out of them. Days may improve with new writers. Passions is horrid. I watched it once and I felt insulted.

I like shows taht make me think and I love a witty conversation and good actors that can pull it off. Acting talent out there is also hit and miss. However they have their fans.

A freind of mine has MASH on DVD and tape and she recently loaned me a copy. It was fun watching that show and it has truly stood the test of time. Bruce has hardly aged a day since he was on!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #222 on: June 24, 2006, 11:51:15 PM »

My mom was born and raised in the southern part and all of her family is still there.  Her brother lives in the house that she grew up in.  My dad's mother was of German descent and his dad's family was from Ireland.  I don't remember exactly but either my dad's father or grandfather was born in England when his (whichever) parents were travelling from Ireland to the US.  So I'm 3/4 German and 1/4 Irish, but I have the Irish name...and Patrick is my middle name. :)

Interesting?  Have you been to Germany to visit them?

Someday i would love to go to Germany and see where my ancestors lived. I do know the town that the lived in.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 11:59:50 PM by DakotaCelt »

George

« Reply #223 on: June 24, 2006, 11:56:10 PM »

My dad was stationed in Germany when I was four years old until the summer after first grade.  We moved to Colorado then here to Washington when I was 10.  I haven't been back since.  My parents have and my sister (who's about two years older) went back when she was in high school.  My mom's the oldest of four and her sister and the older of her two brothers have visited here.   And her mom visited us a couple of years after we moved here to Olympia.

George

« Reply #224 on: June 24, 2006, 11:57:00 PM »

But I don't speak any German...my bad.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #225 on: June 24, 2006, 11:57:30 PM »

I love strong character driven stories whether it is a drama, soap, comedy or a movie. I believe strong characters, male or female, allow you to experience their feelings and where the story is going. A good writer can convey that in the writing and it supported by strong acting.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 12:01:34 AM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #226 on: June 24, 2006, 11:58:21 PM »

Guten Nacht Herr George!!

George

« Reply #227 on: June 25, 2006, 12:06:30 AM »

Courtesy of AltaVista's Bable Fish[/b],

Guten Abend, Frau DakotaCelt.

;D
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 12:06:49 AM by George »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up