Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK IN BUSINESS  (Read 23369 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:BACK IN BUSINESS
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2006, 01:32:35 PM »

Yes, and I can try TOO MANY GIRLS at other used sites as well. I'll see what I find. Thanks for the reminder, DR George.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #121 on: July 05, 2006, 01:35:06 PM »

Page Five GREAT MOUSE DETECTIVE Dance!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: July 05, 2006, 02:02:50 PM »

Well you cound read these, and become unconvinced:

The Princes in the Tower by Alison Weir. The author argues convincingly that Richard III did indeed arrange the murder of his young nephews, King Edward V and Prince Richard, so he could seize the throne.

The Princes in the Tower by Elizabeth Jenkins. Did Richard III have his nephews killed? The author of this book says yes.

Or read this, and become re-concinced:

The Mystery of the Princes by Audrey Williamson. The author believes the princes were not murdered. This book won the 1978 Crime Writers' Association Gold Dagger Award for Nonfiction.

der Brucer (always aiming to bring clarity to an issue 8))

For Heaven's sake, derBrucer, can't you just tell us?  You were there weren't you?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: July 05, 2006, 02:02:50 PM »

I'll be meeting Rodzinski and TPunk at seven at Musso and Frank.  Can't wait.  In the meantime, I've addressed all but about twenty packages.  I don't think the discs will be here before five, though, so they'll go out first thing in the morning.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2006, 02:05:03 PM »

All of these books, being bantered about, I was getting confused.  I thought one of the author's was suggesting that King Edward V and Prince Richard had committed suicide.
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

« Reply #125 on: July 05, 2006, 02:10:55 PM »

I did see a couple of TOO MANY GIRLS DVDs at Ebay starting at mid to upper $4 with the usual outrageous shipping. I may bid on one just to see if I can get it for that small amount.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: July 05, 2006, 02:12:26 PM »

I hadn't seen this movie in many years, decades even, and had forgotten so much about it: Russ Tamblyn plays Saul, George Reeves (looking very husky) has one memorable scene where he must admit the legion was defeated by Samson using the jawbone of an ass. I also didn't remember that poor Angela Lansbury, despite fourth billing, doesn't even last an hour of the movie; more like 40 minutes. And George Sanders has a far better physique than I ever remembered him having.

The thought of seeing George Sanders' physique sounds kind of creepy to me.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 02:26:49 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #127 on: July 05, 2006, 02:14:17 PM »

I thought Quinquagenanrian was one of the least interesting characters in MOBY DICK.

I thought he was that hunchback.
[/b]
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: July 05, 2006, 02:16:31 PM »

I still have that WORLD POLICE puppet satire to watch tonight, but I'm thinking it's going to be too ridiculous for me to sit all the way through. (I was never a big fan of THUNDERBIRDS, so a satire on those puppets isn't going to get very far with me.)

But you may find that you enjoy watching puppet-sex.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #129 on: July 05, 2006, 02:26:19 PM »

MTV sent me a notice this morning that, nine months later than planned, the Third Season of HIGH SCHOOL STORIES will begin airing on July 17.  Hoo and Ray!  Unfortuantely, "Warrior Pride" is not one of the first twenty episodes being aired.  With any luck, it will be part of the second twenty episodes that will being airing, I believe, August 14.  Oh well, it is a start.

Somehow I still have a hunch that once the episode finally airs, I will come away feeling very much like Kevin Costner did when he first saw THE BIG CHILL.
“One thing’s universal,

Michael

« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2006, 02:28:37 PM »

Nice new avatar DR MS!

Thank you.
I was wondering when someone noticed. Its been about 10 months since my last one was up.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 02:46:46 PM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2006, 02:30:22 PM »

I remember seeing that production of Fifth of July on the telly.  I'd read the play previously, but watching it made Wilson's use of overlapping dialogue much clearer.

Thomas was, I believe, the third actor to play the male lead, Ken Talley.  William Hurt played the role off-Broadway, and Christopher Reeve was the original Ken on Broadway.  (Somewhat eerie, that.)

I saw Christopher Reeve in the play. Swoozie Kurtz stole play and deserved her tony. It was at the Apollo Theater which no longer exists. It became part of the Ford Theater or whatever they call it now.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 02:47:14 PM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2006, 02:33:10 PM »

THE FIFTH OF JULY is one of my favorite plays.  I was lucky enough to see William Hurt at Circle Rep and then Christopher Reeves on B'way.  But all in all, I like Richard Thomas the best as Ken Talley--I just found him the most believable as a man who went from 60s war protester to soldier to disabled schoolteacher.  I enjoy the video production a lot, too.  I like how it opens the play up a little (with the exterior farmhouse shots, though I'm sure they still used the original play set for the interiors.)  Also, it preserves Swoosie Kurtz's hoot of a performance.  

When I was in my senior year as a theatre major in college, I campaigned the department heads to put on FIFTH OF JULY as one of our productions.  I wanted to play Ken, and my girlfriend at the time would have been perfect as Gwen.  And jerkface that I was back then, I had my eye on a particularly hunky fellow student to play Jed, who I daydreamed of picking me up and carrying me bare chested at the end of Act One.

We did THE THREE SISTERS instead.

Did you play Olga, Masha or Irina?
Was the actor who played Andrei barechested?
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

« Reply #133 on: July 05, 2006, 02:37:01 PM »

The thought of seeing George Sanders' physique sounds kind of creepy to me.

Until you see what I'm talking about, I can understand how you'd feel. However, Zsa Zsa must have seen what I saw today (and even more "up close and personal').

« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 02:38:51 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #134 on: July 05, 2006, 02:38:05 PM »

But you may find that you enjoy watching puppet-sex.

If I get that far into the movie, maybe I will.

Matt H.

« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2006, 02:41:32 PM »

I'm heading downstairs now to clean the den. Then, back to some videos. I want to see another episode of THE CLOSER. Then on to the puppets.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 02:41:55 PM by Matt H. »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #136 on: July 05, 2006, 02:45:06 PM »

Der Brucer has been watching Hollow Man on DVD, something we picked up cheap/used.  Amazing how much of the score, by Jerry Goldsmith, sounds like some of his Star Trek stuff.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #137 on: July 05, 2006, 02:45:33 PM »

I've got 10 years to go. :)

YIKES.... I am still trying to get used to the this decade
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #138 on: July 05, 2006, 02:47:17 PM »

ASK BK:
The Sunday NY Times had a review of Helen Reddy's new memoir cakked The Woman I Am. The reviewer thinks its a hoot and from what I gather thinks she is a wack job. The following she describes a chapter in the book.

In a not-to-be-missed chapter entitled "Royalty and Reincarnation," Reddy, having dropped the bombshell that Wallis Warfield Simpson, Duchess of Windsor, was the reincarnation of Richard III, provides a chart of the dramatis personae surrounding the abdication of Edward VIII to demonstrate that it all goes back to the Wars of the Roses. Wallis (or Richard), it seems, had a soul mission to atone for the murders of the little princes in the tower and to see that the crown was returned to its rightful heirs. Edward, Duke of Windsor, was once Richard's personal servant (he is given no name) and can again doggedly devote himself to his monarch once Wallis has arrived on the scene. The little princes are, of course, Queen Elizabeth II and Princess Margaret. And, in the same chapter, Elvis was King Tut.

OK if you read alll of that what did you think about working with her and did she talk about her beliefs including  group karma, which "involves several people — often family members but not necessarily in the same configuration — reincarnating together to resolve unfinished business, so spouses might reincarnate as siblings or vice versa

I heard an interview on ABC.au last week about her book...

She walks to her own drummer...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 02:51:25 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Tomovoz

« Reply #139 on: July 05, 2006, 02:48:07 PM »

[size=2

Somehow I still have a hunch that once the episode finally airs, I will come away feeling very much like Kevin Costner did when he first saw THE BIG CHILL.[/size]
Build your own coffin and they will come.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #140 on: July 05, 2006, 02:48:55 PM »

Here is a video to watch today:

I remember seeing that... Very well done

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #141 on: July 05, 2006, 02:53:11 PM »

In the past, Tony and Bob have never had Diet Coke at their parties.  The first two times I just drank sparkling water - then I learned to bring my own.  I'll drink anything diet, but if the host of a party doens't have it, then it's water.

If you ever came to ND I would have to make sure you have diet soda or water... I dont drink the diet beverages or eat anything with aspartame due to allergies.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #142 on: July 05, 2006, 02:57:21 PM »

Not sure if this is posted but he did a lot of theatre owrk in New York and he was on As THe World Turns. Benjamin Hendrikson has passed away.

This is from Soapoperadigest.com

Benjamin Hendrickson (Hal, ATWT)
—PGP

Real-Life Tragedy
Benjamin Hendrickson (Hal, ATWT) died suddenly on Monday, July 3. The Emmy Award-winning actor, who had played Oakdale's Chief of Detectives on and off since 1985, was 55 years old.
He also played TEXAS's Chris in 1981, Silas on GUIDING LIGHT from 1981-83 and Sgt. Bartlett on ANOTHER WORLD in 1983, but his first love was theater: as a member of the first graduating class of Juilliard Music School Drama Division (alongside Kevin Kline and Patti LuPone), he appeared in many stage productions and also in several films, including Regarding Henry and Spanking The Monkey.

We will update you as details become available. Hendrickson was a highly respected and beloved member of the ATWT cast.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2006, 02:59:21 PM »

TODAY'S ANIMAL FARM

der Brucer

Sweet!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #144 on: July 05, 2006, 03:02:20 PM »

Elmore, I too wanted Ken Lay to rot in prison.  I hope that attach all his hundreds of millions and disperse to the people he screwed.

I also wanted him to rot in prison...

I agree also.. Take his estate and dispserse it to those he screwed

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #145 on: July 05, 2006, 03:04:16 PM »

NIce Avatar Michael S... Very smashing!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2006, 03:04:38 PM »

bk, have a lovely time with Tpunk and Rodzinski!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2006, 03:07:55 PM »

Der Brucer has been watching Hollow Man on DVD, something we picked up cheap/used.  

Where is TCB when you need him?
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #148 on: July 05, 2006, 03:08:36 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well... The rains came back, and did the high winds, lightning and thunder... And the power went out again for around two hours...

...And a realtor would like to show the house tonight around 8:00... I told her to call before she brings her clients over just in case the power goes out again...

:-\
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #149 on: July 05, 2006, 03:08:45 PM »

Where is TCB when you need him?
[/i]

Hiding....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up