Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: PROPS TO APPLE  (Read 49427 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:PROPS TO APPLE
« Reply #210 on: July 08, 2006, 09:36:40 PM »

Well, the DVD has images that move, so in that way, it's different.  The audio content is the same, however - but it's a really visual show and the DVD is great.  That's all I can tell you.

Dear Reader Laura - money order is fine, of course, but give the paypal thing another try.

Cillaliz

« Reply #211 on: July 08, 2006, 09:47:03 PM »

I'm off to sleep. Night all

MBarnum

« Reply #212 on: July 08, 2006, 09:48:23 PM »

No DECEIT dvd here in Orygun, either!  :-\

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #213 on: July 08, 2006, 09:52:09 PM »

I know it's not ask BK day, but if I don't ask this now, I'll forget...If we can make all region DVDs and we can make all region DVD players, why aren't they just standard?  Wouldn't it make life so much more simpler?  I mean I can play records and CDs I buy in Britain, why not the same for DVDs?

We just watched Laurence Olivier's famous Chicester Festival production Uncle Vanya, a filmed theatre performance with Joan Plowright, Michael Redgrave, Sybil Thorndike, Rosemary Harris, Max Adrian, Lewis Casson from 1962 that I had taped off Bravo years ago when it was still an Arts station.

Just watching this magnificent record of theatrical greatness, plus seeing all the really terrific shows they were promoing makes me mourn for what we had on Cable not all that many years ago and makes me angry how Cable has wasted its potential and how all these stations like Bravo and A&E and others abandoned their orignial mission and intent to pimp for the 21-49 year old market.  It's a crime that we have no cable station dedicated to true Arts programming and showing rare gems like this any more.  It was in glorious black and white and run with no commercial interruptions too!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: July 08, 2006, 10:03:55 PM »

So true about cable.  It started off as one thing, then naturally the networks and studios bought it all up and now it's just mostly crap compared to what it was.  It's always the way, isn't it?

The studios have reasons for making things different regions - has to do with piracy, but I'm sure those reasons have no real basis in reality.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: July 08, 2006, 10:05:01 PM »

No Vinnie.  Not looking good for this evening.  Oh, well.  Maybe tomorrow morning, but if it isn't then, I have no idea when it will be since I leave at 12:20 and don't get back until after ten.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #216 on: July 08, 2006, 10:54:33 PM »

TCB - Close.  It was from THE 4-H CLUB SINGS VILE.

LOL... I  used to be in 4-H... IT was a riot at times..

We had some interesting versions for songs...  

Esp. renditions of Battle Hymn of the Republic and it one was called the Pink Porpoise song...

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up