Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BRUCE FORCE  (Read 60812 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:BRUCE FORCE
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2006, 03:57:08 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~Page 5~~~~~[/move]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2006, 04:08:42 PM »

DR TCB - congratulations on your UTC win!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2006, 04:13:59 PM »

Is a Meta-Phor akin to a Metro-Sexual?

This is a family site.  Discussing what a Meta-Phor does for a living is, well, we just won't discuss it.

::)

As for Metro-Sexual, just when did you last use public transportation?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2006, 04:19:12 PM »

Topic du Jour

Who will ever forget that magical moment during the opening credits of THE LAST VOYAGE when we saw the words, "And introducing Tammy Marihugh"

Actually, America had already fallen in love with little Tammy during her appearances on HOUSEPARTY with Art Linkletter.  HOUSEPARTY was also the first place I ever remember seeing a computer -- the giant UNIVAC that took up the whole stage and shot out a whole slew of punch cards to answer one simple question.

To see a more adult version of Miss Marihugh, click on this site:
[/size]
http://www.vegasretro.com/vegas_visitor/25_tammy_marihugh.html

“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2006, 04:24:18 PM »

....I could almost say that we all deserve to share this wonderful prize, but, of course, we don't.  I won it, and I am going to keep it!

As well you should! (he said, begrudgingly...when he couldn't even come up with an answer at all, let alone a correct one. ::))

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2006, 04:25:54 PM »

To see a more adult version of Miss Marihugh, click on this site:
[/size]
http://www.vegasretro.com/vegas_visitor/25_tammy_marihugh.html

:o

MY EYES!!

8)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2006, 04:33:31 PM »

:o

MY EYES!!

8)

At least, you.......were..........warned.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2006, 04:54:14 PM »

Well the air conditioner man NEARLY finished. Which means no air tonight. But the 90 + temps aren't supposed to start until tomorrow. He said he could be done in a couple hours tomorrow AM.  We shall see.

George

« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2006, 05:32:55 PM »

At least, you.......were..........warned.

Sooo......what's your point??

;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »

Where in tarnation is everyone?  I didn't know that so many of us would be glued to our televisions watching the MLB All-Star Game.
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2006, 05:39:36 PM »

So...

When I was up at New York Stage & Film two weeks ago, I was working with the very talented (and attractive) Asa Somers:

Well besides his own website:

http://www.asasomers.com

There is also one for his son, Carpenter:

http://www.carpentersomers.com

*The opening page is VERY cute!  If you need a smile, just click on the "name tag" and read the next page.

:)

Not to name drop but Asa and I have exchanged a few emails.  He's a very nice young man.   :)

I made it a point to go see him in "Once Around The Sun"  (OATS for short.) at the Zipper theater when I was in NY back in October.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #131 on: July 11, 2006, 05:41:14 PM »

I bought the CD for the show and really liked it.  I've played it at work and had people ask me who Asa was.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2006, 05:41:44 PM »

And now for your dog picture of the day:

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2006, 05:45:25 PM »

Esther Williams, meet your match!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2006, 05:46:53 PM »

TV Guide Mag lists a programme about Herge and TinTin, to be shown on PBS tonight.

It's not being broadcast on either of our local PBS stations.

Foo.

(Oof backwards.)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2006, 05:47:37 PM »

Der Brucer wants his dinner.  Must go do salad.  Bye.

Danise

« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2006, 05:49:45 PM »

Esther Williams, meet your match!
:)

I hope Der Brucer enjoys his dinner!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2006, 05:50:26 PM »

I just read on Playbill.com that Barnard Hughes has died.  He would have turned 91 years old on July 16. :(

Barney and his wife Helen were dear friends.  I'm sorry to hear that.  I knew he'd been on dialysis for some time.

Yep, I'm back!  I'm so sorry I missed you, DR Jose!!!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2006, 05:52:18 PM »

Hi DR Elmore!  I was hoping you would show up so I would know you were home safe and sound.  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2006, 05:54:50 PM »

Well, I'm off to dinner at a sort of fancy restaurant (I'm wearning a brand new shirt, but jean shorts ::)) to celebrate the birthday of my sister's boyfriend (Larry...not Elmore).  Afterwards, we'll all go to my sister's house and open presents.  I bought Larry an autographed photo of his favorite ballet dancer, Patricia Bartlett, who has danced with Pacific Northwest Ballet for quite a while and is (one of?) their best dancers.  The picture was one of a pair that were available and Larry bought the other one for himself.  He doesn't know that I got him the matching picture. ;D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 05:56:37 PM by George »

George

« Reply #140 on: July 11, 2006, 05:55:31 PM »

Welcome home, Elmore!! (not the same as Larry, my sister's boyfriend ;))

« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 05:57:09 PM by George »

Danise

« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2006, 05:57:40 PM »

I have to be moving along as well.  I have some laundry to put in the dryer and so a few chores before bedtime.  

Hi ho, the high life for me!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2006, 06:37:45 PM »

Here I am in Ohio, sitting on my brother's porch keeping Lefty the dog from attacking the home care aide interviewing my dad inside the house.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2006, 06:42:13 PM »

Yeow, it's been a wild weather evening here in SW Ohio!  About 7:30 the warning sirens went off here in Middletown and I've found out from TV that a tornado may have touched down up by the local airport.  Also, confirmed reports of one near the Dayton Mall and now predicitons of more east of here, near Wilmington.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2006, 06:43:07 PM »

DR Elmore - I'm glad you made it home safely.  Everything OK in the apartment?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2006, 06:56:03 PM »

DR Elmore - I'm glad you made it home safely.  Everything OK in the apartment?

Things are fine, but because of the abscess and my discomfort, I'm not up to dealing with my intern's flakiness at the moment.  I think it's time for him to move out.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2006, 07:10:37 PM »

Hi again everyone. Elmore, it's good to hear that you are back in NYC safe and sound.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2006, 07:13:03 PM »

I wanted to post some pics from our trip.  It seems that we really only took photos when we were in southern california so I'll start with our tour.  We met up with our friend and tourguide Scott in front of Mann's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.  We had intended to take his tour but since there wasn't anyone else booked he gave us a private tour in his jeep.  We started at Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles.  Rodzinski had chicken and waffles, and I had a chicken salad sandwich, fries and a side of gravy.  Awesome food.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2006, 07:15:54 PM »

Then we traveled around the city paying particular attention to places of significance from Sunset Boulevard and also visiting the spot where Mongomery Clift got in his car wreck.  Here is a picture of our buddy Scott.

I highly recommend that folks visit his site www.findadeath.com and/or take his tour if they are ever in LA.  He has an amazing amount of knowledge and so clearly loves what he does so he makes for the most enjoyable tourguide.  I can't say enough nice things about him.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2006, 07:17:29 PM »

As we were winding down our tour, Rodzinski asked about how to get over to the Paramount lot.  He offered to take us by, and then on the way called a friend who works there.  His friend got us passes so we were able to spend time wandering around the lot completely on our own.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up